The Bible is gloriously full of prayers for children (though they may not explicitly be labeled as such).
Here are prayers for your children in your family (based on passages of scripture):
- Prayers For Children For Salvation
- Prayers For Children For Blessing
- Prayers For Children For Obedience
- Prayers For Children For Peace
God has made it abundantly clear in Scripture that he wants to bless our children and descendants. He’s given us many promises to give us faith to hope and pray for their salvation and well-being. With that in mind, you pray these prayers for your children with faith that God answers prayer and that prayer is powerful.
1. Prayers For Children About Salvation
1. “And they said, ‘Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.’” Acts 16:31
Lord Jesus, I have believed in you and you have saved me. I believe it is your will to save my children. Please save each and every one of my children for your glory. Thank you that you hear all my prayers for children in my family.
2. “All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children.” Isaiah 54:13
O Lord, you have promised that all my children shall be taught by you. Please do this. Please reveal yourself to all my children, and save them. Please fill my children with your great peace.
3. “And as for me, this is my covenant with them,” says the Lord: “My Spirit that is upon you, and my words that I have put in your mouth, shall not depart out of your mouth, or out of the mouth of your offspring, or out of the mouth of your children’s offspring,” says the Lord, “from this time forth and forevermore.” Isaiah 59:21
Heavenly Father, you have promised that your Spirit and your word would never depart from me or my children or their children. I pray for each one of my children and grandchildren and descendants that you would save them and fill each one with your Spirit. And please cause each one to love and delight in your word.
4. “The children of your servants shall dwell secure; their offspring shall be established before you.” Psalm 102:28
O Lord, please establish my children and descendants before you. Cause each one to follow you wholeheartedly as disciples all the days of their lives. I pray for my children that they would dwell securely in you all their days.
5. “For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour my Spirit upon your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants. They shall spring up among the grass like willows by flowing streams. This one will say, “I am the LORD’s,” another will call on the name of Jacob, and another will write on his hand, The LORD’s, and name himself by the name of Israel.” Isaiah 44:3-5
Lord, you have poured out your spirit on me as part of your astonishing New Covenant blessings. You have filled me with the Holy Spirit and made me alive to the sweet things of you. Please do that in my children. I pray for my children that you would pour out your Spirit on them, causing them to be born again and to live with zeal for you.
6. “…I will make an everlasting covenant with them. Their offspring shall be known among the nations, and their descendants in the midst of the peoples; all who see them shall acknowledge them, that they are an offspring the LORD has blessed.” Isaiah 61:8-9
Father, in Christ I am part of your everlasting covenant to love and do good to your people. You have promised to bless me abundantly in Christ. Please also bless my children and bring them into your covenant people. Let it be known that my children follow and delight in Christ.
2. Prayers For Children About Blessing
7. “Praise the Lord! Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who greatly delights in his commandments! His offspring will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed.” Psalm 112:1-2
Lord Jesus, you have moved me to fear you and I want to fear you. Help me delight in your commandments more and more. Please cause each of my children and descendants to be mighty in the land. Please use each one to influence thousands for you.
8. “The righteous who walks in his integrity— blessed are his children after him!” Proverbs 20:7
Lord, thank you that you have helped me to walk in integrity. You promised that if I did this you would bless my children. So I ask you to please bless my children. Thank you, Lord Jesus, that you delight to answer these prayers for children I’ve been given.
9. “I have been young, and now am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his children begging for bread.” Psalm 37:25
O Lord, thank you that in all my years you have never forsaken me. Thank you for all the ways you have provided for me over the years. I offer this prayer for my children: continue to be faithful to them and provide for them. Thank you, Lord.
10. “I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear me forever, for their own good and the good of their children after them.” Jeremiah 32:39
Father, you have given me a new heart. You have promised that if I fear you it will be for my good and my children’s good. So I pray that you would please do good to my children and all my descendants. Please cause them to fear you for their good and their children after them.
3. Prayers For Children About Obedience
11. “I the fear of the Lord one has strong confidence, and his children will have a refuge.” Proverbs 14:26
Lord God, please help me to fear you. Please deliver me from temptation and sin. And please deliver my children from temptation and sin, evil and harm. Thank you that you are our mighty refuge.
12. Therefore you shall keep his statutes and his commandments, which I command you today, that it may go well with you and with your children after you, and that you may prolong your days in the land that the Lord your God is giving you for all time.” Deuteronomy 4:40
Oh Lord, you have given me a heart to keep your commandments and you’ve helped me by the power of your Spirit. Please let it go well with my children and descendants. Please give them hearts to obey your word and walk in the manner worthy of the gospel all their lives.
13. “They shall not labor in vain or bear children for calamity, for they shall be the offspring of the blessed of the LORD, and their descendants with them.” Isaiah 65:23
Lord, you have said that your people will not bear children for calamity, but that they shall be blessed of the Lord. The greatest blessing you could give my children is the knowledge of you and your ways. My prayer for my children is that they would have that sweet knowledge. Shine your light into their hearts.
14. “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6
Father, I certainly have made many mistakes in my efforts to train my children in your ways. Nevertheless, I trust in YOUR faithfulness toward my children. I trust you to save them, draw them, protect them, cause them to follow you, and obey you. In this confidence, I pray for my children that you would keep them until they grow old.
15. “And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” Philippians 1:6
Father, you have begun a good work in me, causing me to trust in Christ and faithfully leading me in your ways. I trust that you’ve begun a good work in my children as well by placing them under my care. Please complete this good work by making them fruitful for you.
4. Prayers For Children About Peace
16. “…do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
Lord, so often I am tempted to be anxious for my children. To worry about their safety, health, and spiritual condition. Yet you have promised that you will give me the peace that passes understanding. So as I offer these prayers for children in my family, I thank you that you will give me peace. I thank you that you understand my anxiety and are eager to meet me in the midst of it.
I thank you for the encouraging words of men like Charles Spurgeon:
- How To Pray The Prayer of Faith That Gets Things “Done”
- How Do We Pray Without Ceasing?
- Tapping Into The Sacred, Overwhelming Power of Prayer
- 7 STAGGERING Things God Does When We Pray For One Another
- Why Do We Pray? 4 Profound, Staggering, Compelling Reasons
There are two aspects to prayer points for children. One is what everyone else can include in their prayers when praying for children. The other aspect is what children themselves can focus on in prayer. One of the most neglected areas in the church today is teaching children to pray.
We let these young ones be bombarded by the world’s philosophies before we give them this tool of prayer to deal with it all. Proverbs 22:6 teaches us to train our children in the way that we want them to go.
It teaches that if this is done right, our children will walk on this path for life. Are your children trained in the way of prayer in such a way that they will not walk away from it?
As a ministry we hope and pray that this will be one of the aids that you can use to get closer to that goal. For the children, we will divide these into the ABCs of prayer. Older kids, don’t worry, we won’t insult your intelligence. There is just some charm in simplicity.
Return to the very basic, the building blocks of language, and make those the building blocks of prayer. Most children are thrust into prayer without a bedrock to stand on.
This was my experience. To suddenly be surrounded by adults who are engaging in prayer, and be expected to do the same. I believe there is a logical fallacy to this method.
Prayer should not just be words that we memorise and recite. It comes from the heart. Heartfelt prayers are a result of understanding the purpose of prayer. That is where we build our prayer for kids.
Lord we bless your name for these prayer points, we thank you for those who have committed time to create them. We speak a blessing over every person who will make use of these to seek your face. Father may every prayer raised here be a sweet fragrance to you oh Lord. We speak a blessing over every child and every adult that will use these in Jesus’ name.
We thank you for watching your word to perform it. May your faithfulness be seen in this. Let your word bring transformation to schools, to communities and nations at large. We declare that this will be the birthing of something new, something revolutionary for our children, for the next generation. We bless your name oh Lord. In Jesus’ name. Amen
Table of contents
- 1 ABCs of Prayer: Prayer for children
- 2 PRAYERS FOR Kids
- 4 PRAYER RELAY MOVEMENT
- 5 I Am Stubborn
- 6 Show Me
- 7 With Kids I Understand
- 8 Rebellion Is Everywhere
- 9 Who’s Desires?
- 10 Spiritually Thriving
- 11 Conclusion
- 12 Prayer for Protection and Care Over Our Children
- 13 Prayer for Your Child’s Salvation
- 14 Prayer for Child’s Health and Healing
- 15 Prayer for Your Child’s Wisdom and Learning
- 16 Prayer for Your Child’s Obedience to the Lord’s Will
- 17 Verses:
ABCs of Prayer: Prayer for children
- Think and write down ten things that you are grateful for today. Write down another ten things that you are grateful for in your life. These may include your family, pets, food, accommodation and so on. Gratitude is an essential part of prayer. Count your blessings, be aware of them, and thank God for those.
- Father I thank you for watching over me, and all that is dear to me.
- 2. Benevolence
- Benevolence is kindness, goodwill, charity…things that God stands for. Things that you too as a child of God should consciously stand for.
- Father grant me opportunity to be kind. Teach my eyes to identify these opportunities, my heart to want to show kindness and my hands to make things better for others.
- 3. Courage
- Courage as generations before us knew it has become somewhat unrecognisable. Values that were once the fabric of Christianity are shunned or simply ignored. Father make us courageous.
- Give us grace to stand with those who have no one else to stand with them.
- May your causes be mine as well.
- May I not be swayed by status quo, rather stand in your will.
Prayer for children should always be preceded by an understanding that there is a God who cares, a God who is always listening to their words and to their thoughts.
Perhaps even more importantly, that he can and want to be involved. He wants to help. He cares. He is also an understanding ear, one that listens when no one else will. He is never too busy or otherwise engaged.
PRAYERS FOR Kids
1)Children honour their parents, first commandment with a promise
‘Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, that your days may be prolonged and that it may go well with you on the land which the LORD your God gives you.
- Father open the eyes of our children. May they know you will and evade worldly deception.
- Give them grace to follow you will.
- Show them how to honour their parents, that your blessings may follow them in this land.
- Grant them good health and longevity.
PRAYER FOR KIDS PDF DOWNLOAD
2) Prayer for kids: Obedience
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
- Lord may your word be a light unto our children path. More than anything, may their hearts truly desire to walk in the light.
- Give them humility and wisdom to run back when they have lost their way.
- Preserve them oh Lord, even when they have wandered off course.
PRAYER FOR CHILDREN_ OBEDIENCE PDF
1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
- Lord we pray for those that have lost their way. Soften their hearts that they may be open to rebuke and correction.
- Open their eyes that they may see you.
- May your grace and the knowledge of it be evident to them. Let your open arms not be forgotten. They have a place to run back to.
- Thank you, Jesus for being such a faithful advocate on their behalf, as you are to ours.
More Than 35 Wonderful Prayer for Family Points
3) Wisdom, insight and understanding and to be full of the word
- Father may your word dwell in our kids.
- May their hearts and lips be filled with your word.
- Raise a generation and word filled, God fearing men and women, against all odds. You are a God of “against all odds”.
- Lord raise Daniels for this generation. Youth who are truly after your heart. Youth who walk blamelessly in your eyes.
- Fill them with uncommon, ageless wisdom, knowledge and discernment.
- May their gifts be a source of elevation. Set them before kings, for your glory oh Lord.
- Fill our children with wisdom, with visions and dreams.
- May their hearts be filled with desires for spiritual gifts.
- By their gifts your name will be magnified even among non-believers.
- As Daniel’s enemies would acknowledge his God, let that be our children’s portion. Make them impactful persons.
- Set them apart for a standard of excellence. A standard that testifies of you oh Lord.
- Raise men and women in whom even enemies will not be able to find fault for your righteousness dwells in them.
- May opportunities find those who refuse to cut corners to get ahead.
- May the problems of their enemies provide opportunity for their upliftment.
- Lord we are believing for righteous men and women in positions of power. Raise them into positions in government and finance, that righteousness may be upheld in our nations.
4) That they may maintain their purity
This is a valuable thing that has silently lost its reverence even in the church. It is eating away at our youth. We are standing for a change in this area.
- Lord may your characteristics be imparted onto our children. We are called to be holy, as you are holy. May that desire to be like you not be lost in a desire for acceptance.
1 John 3:3
- Open our children’s eyes to the tricks of the enemy. May they not be deceived into impurity.
- Take captive ungodly desires, that they may walk in Christ Jesus.
- Lord we want our children to see you! Grant them this grace oh Lord.
5) Not to be conformed to this current worldly desire but to see the treasure in following the way of God
- Father at a time that our bodies are constantly being devalued in media and in all of society. We pray that our children may give their to you. That they would life for you.
- We come against all forms of conformity! They will be like a city on a hill! They will not ne lights hidden under baskets, rather blazing infernos that the Lord may be seen through them.
6)For our children to be record breakers and go getters just like David was
1 Sam 17
- May our children brave in standing for you and for your people.
- Set them apart as record breakers, history makers through Christ Jesus.
- May they rise for what you rise for.
7)Discipline to be instilled in our children from an early age
- Our children’s hearts will be filled with a desire to walk in your will.
- Give them humility and wisdom to accept correction and instruction.
- They will remain in your will, by your grace oh Lord.
- Stupidity will not be my children’s portion. They will accept correction and grow from it. In Jesus’ name.
- May every good seed that has been sown in them grow eternally.
- May they walk in the way that you have shown them.
- Remove them from paths of wickedness, and correct where teachers and guardians have fallen short of led them astray.
- They will not be victims of our shortcomings.
8)To get guidance from the Lord in critical decision making
- May our children’s ways be testament to who you are.
- They will acknowledge in all they do, that their paths would be made straight in Jesus’ name.
9)To always be on fire for God
1 Tim 4:12
- Lord, may our children’s walk in you be a beacon of hope.
- May they be living testimonies of your glory.
- Their youthfulness will not be a hindrance to their usefulness.
- May your fire burn eternally in them.
- Set them apart in their generation, as you set apart Daniel and his colleagues.
- Sanctify this generation oh Lord.
10) Safety and Protection
- Father may our children dwell in your shelter, in the shadow of the most high.
- We speak protection from every snare of the fowler, keep them safe oh Lord. No deadly pestilence will overtake them.
- Your faithfulness will be their shield and rampart.
- Fear will not be their portion in Jesus’ name.
- Where others falls, they will remaining standing through Christ Jesus.
- They will see the wicked fall, and know that you are God.
- They will call the Lord their refuge, and make the Lord their hiding place. No harm will be their portion, disaster will pass them by.
- May your covering be their portion, wherever they set their feet.
- Their call to you will always yield an answer in Jesus’ name.
- Long life will be their portion!!
11)Pray that children’s lives will be established upon a firm foundation biblical teaching
- We pray for parents and guardians, grant them wisdom to empower and guide the children.
- May their foundation be on the rock that is Christ Jesus.
- Let your word be know and evident in all they do.
12) For our children to excel in every area of their lives
- My children will prosper wherever your place them oh Lord.
- Even in the midst of oppression and suppression, they will rise in Jesus’ name.
- They were raised for such a time as this. Awaken the sleeping giants.
1 Sam 18:14
- Let their ways be marked by excellence and prosperity.
- May your presence be with them in all they do, in Jesus’ name.
PRAYER RELAY MOVEMENT
Our team’s goal is to continue to develop prayer aids that will continue to raise, enrich and to empower prayer warriors across the world. We are always looking to partner with ministries and individuals to achieve this goal. In 2018, we want to reach more people and expand as a team. Get in touch with us:
We also take prayer requests through our website, www.prayerrelay.com , be sure to make use of that. There are a few more resources on there for you. We are also keen on partnering with individuals and ministries that are on fire for Christ. Feel free to drop us an email.
Originally posted 2018-02-03 11:26:01.
“Trust and obey, for there’s no other way to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.” These words speak truth from the ole hymn “Trust And Obey”. Think about it. Every time I have decided to trust in my own strength and wisdom I have been let down. I have struggled harder and longer over things that I should have just given to God. God knows what is best for us all and through our obedience we show Him our trust, faith and love for Him. Here are 6 different prayers for you to use with obedience in mind. We all fall short of the glory of God, but we have a Savior who washes these faults away! Praise the Lord!
I Am Stubborn
I come to You with sincere gratitude for everything You have blessed me with. I don’t tell You enough how thankful I am. I am a stubborn man/woman, Lord. I like having control and being the boss, but I know deep down inside how many times I have failed. Why do I keep coming back to my own strength, Lord, when I know You are the strength and knowledge I need? Father, soften my heart and grow me closer to You as I place my life in your hands. Lord, I want to be obedient. Show me Your ways. Bind the devil from tempting me to do things on my own. When he does, though, I want to be ready! Give me the will to stand tall and accept Your will for me and not my own. I love You, Lord! Thank You for being patient with me in my times of stubbornness. Amen
I am so in love with You! Show me Your will for me today. I want to serve You and live for You! As I read Your Word, teach me and show me truth today. I want to obey You and I want people around me to know that there is something different about me. I want my actions to point them to You, Lord. You deserve all of the glory! You deserve all of the praise! I trust in You and I will do my absolute best to obey You today! Thank You for Your mercy and grace, Father! Amen
With Kids I Understand
Until I had children I never thought of life from Your perspective with my obedience. I now understand and I am so sorry for all of the times I have not listened to You. When my children disobey me, it brings me back to Your throne as I feel regret for the times I should have obeyed You. It has also given me a heart of major forgiveness to my kids. I know my faults and neither I nor my kids are more important to You. We are all Your children. Forgive me when I am not patient with my kids, for I know how patient You have been with me. You amaze me daily, Father! I love my children and I thank You for showing me another valuable lesson in obedience from my eyes as a father/mother. I love You, Lord! Amen
Rebellion Is Everywhere
Father In Heaven
I pray for the lost souls of this world. Father, rebellion is everywhere! Men and women daily are indulging in their own desires and shoving You by the wayside. Instead of obeying Your commands and filling the void in their heart with Jesus they are filling it with drunkenness, sexual immorality, filthy programs and hundreds of other temporary fixes. They don’t understand that they keep coming back to these sins because they don’t work. The only long-lasting solution is the cross. Father, use me as Your witness everywhere I go today. Have mercy on the lost just as You had mercy on me until I decided to follow Jesus. Lord, You are patient because You love everyone and I am so thankful You waited for me! The tide will turn in the hearts of some today to follow You and I praise You for their act of obedience. May Your Name be glorified by my actions today! Amen
I am at Your mercy because of my many faults. I have been following my own desires in certain areas of life instead of being obedient to You. I am so sorry, Lord. I am feeling the consequences of my poor choices and now I come to You with sorrow in my heart. I should have obeyed You from the start, but sin enticed me. Father, Your desires are what matter. I want to follow Your desires for me. Please forgive me for bad choices. I want to feel close to You again. I do love You and I am so sorry for the man/woman I have been lately. I praise You, Lord! Amen
I feel like I couldn’t be any closer to You than to be in Your actual presence in Heaven! I feel so alive in Your Word! I have read it and I have obeyed it and I am so full of joy that it is bursting out of me! It is true that when I have my focus on Jesus I see clearly Your intentions for me. You are an amazing God and I praise You for the miracles and blessings You’ve given me. You are my Beloved! I love You! Amen
We are all called to obey the Word of God. While we all stumble and struggle daily with life, it is important to ask for forgiveness when necessary and to strive to live as holy of a life as possible. Where are you with obedience? Can I pray for you? May God bless you as you continue to live a life worthy of the calling!
Read more about obedience here: Bible Verses About Obedience
Would you like to get the daily question in your FB messenger? Just click the button below to get started.
Share this post
: | | | |
On this page you’ll find bible verses and prayers for our children are the most precious things ever entrusted to us to raise, care for, and love unconditionally. Children are our future, and as parents, it is our duty to provide them with support and aspirations to succeed in life. And more importantly, to teach our children about the gift of Jesus Christ, how He is the King of Kings, and our Lord of Lords in all things, and at all times.
Our children often face challenges along the road to success with all the pressures of society; from academic related studies, to the pressures of fitting in with new social groups and peers at school. Through the power of prayer, your child will have the protection and guidance they need for a successful start to their aspirations, and day-to-day life. Because of prayer, you can have faith in the knowledge that you are giving your children everything they deserve, need and long for as beautiful human beings, but also as a child of God.
If the need for prayer and protection for your children is what you are seeking most, whether in your own life, or in the life of someone you love, let us pray for you at the holiest place on earth, the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. We have faith that sending your prayer to the place where our Lord Jesus Christ gave his life for us will help your request be granted! It is our honor and privilege to be a prayer warrior for you, and to ask the Lord to watch over you, protect you, and keep you, always. Please submit your prayer request today.
“Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him.” Psalm 127:3
Prayer for Protection and Care Over Our Children
Heavenly Father, we praise you for Your love and faithfulness in all things. We thank You for your protection and care over our families. Thanks be to You for giving us wisdom and righteousness for raising our children. We confess that some days, parenting is very tough. Many days we can feel anxious, stressed or overwhelmed. We ask that You would make us more like You, more aware of your constant Presence in our lives. Help us to release our children to You, so that You are free to fully accomplish all that You desire within the hearts of our child(ren). Please fill our day to day life with Your truth, and cover us with Your favor in all things. Amen.
Prayer for Your Child’s Salvation
Father, I pray that my children will learn and understand Your holy scriptures, which are able to make them wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. I pray that Your word will fill their minds and their hearts. May they come to know that You are the way, the truth, and the light.
Prayer for Child’s Health and Healing
Lord, according to Your Word, Jesus took stripes on His body so that we could be healed. He carried our infirmities, our downfalls, and bore our sicknesses to save us, and give us life. Therefore, I ask for You to heal my child. I believe that they can and will be healed because of your miraculous power. Please comfort them, watch over them, and give me the strength to do what is best for them in their time of need. Amen.
Prayer for Your Child’s Wisdom and Learning
I come to you Father, and pray that my children are knowledgeable and skillful in all wisdom, discernment, and understanding that I know is a gift from You. I pray that they are competent to learn whatever they need to know, and that Your spirit fills them fully in all things. Lord, I know You can and You will give them the aptitude for understanding and wisdom when they are young, and when they are grown. Their foundation starts with You, and I am grateful. In Your name I pray these things, Amen.
Prayer for Your Child’s Obedience to the Lord’s Will
My gracious Lord, I pray that my children conform to Your will in every purpose, thought and action at all times. When they are faced with decisions, that they will raise their eyes to You for guidance. Life is full of uncertainty, but if they look to You in all things, I have deep faith in knowing You will lead them. I pray that they will follow Your plan for them, and always practice what is pleasing to You. May Your everlasting love fill their hearts and minds before speaking, planning or moving forward when it comes to decision making.
May they always be obedient to You in their youth, and as they grow.
“He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.” Matthew 18:2-6
“Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.” Proverbs 22:6
“Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.” Exodus 20:12