I bet you will always want to send some birthday prayers to your pastor for as long as you can. I know you will love to do more too – but even if you don’t have more to give, nothing should stop you from sending dome birthday wishes to your pastor.
So pick one from the ones below and make his day with it.
Table of contents
- 1 Lovely Birthday Prayers for My Pastor
- 2 Happy Birthday Prayers for My Pastor
- 3 Prayers for My Pastor on His Birthday
- 4 Special Birthday Prayers for My Pastor
- 5 Best Birthday Prayers for My Pastor
- 6 Wonderful Birthday Prayers for My Pastor
- 7 Make Your Card Extra Special
- 8 #1 – For Protection From Satan
- 9 #2 – For Protection Against His Own Sinful Heart
- 10 #5 – For Doctrinal Faithfulness
- 11 #7 – For A Strong Marriage and Family
- 12 Sustained By Prayer
Lovely Birthday Prayers for My Pastor
1. Happy birthday, Pastor. May God continue to use you for His good works.
2. Happy birthday, sir. I pray the Holy Spirit never depart from you and your household. Enjoy, sir!
3. Happy birthday to a man of God, who isn’t after the things of this world. May God uphold you to the end.
4. I wish you a birthday full of heavenly anointing. May God always strengthen you.
5. May the Host of heaven never leave you empty handed. May God bless you in the morning, afternoon, and night. Happy birthday, Pastor.
Happy Birthday Prayers for My Pastor
6. Happy birthday to the one who lifts up my spirit with the pure word of God. I wish you heaven-sent blessings.
7. Happy birthday to the man of God who isn’t only after preaching the gospel, but taking care of the needy. May the care of the Lord be on you and your household.
8. I celebrate one of the princes of God. May God take you places as you add another year. More anointing, sir!
9. May God continually do you good, as you celebrate your birthday, sir. Happy birthday to you, Pastor.
10. Wishing you and your loved ones peace, health, happiness, and prosperity. Happy birthday, sir.
Prayers for My Pastor on His Birthday
11. May this new year bring many opportunities your way. Happy birthday, Man of God.
12. May all your dreams come to reality as you celebrate your special day. I wish you a birthday full of heavenly blessings.
13. May the Lord turn all your efforts into a great achievement. Happy birthday, sir.
14. Wishing you a fabulous year full of great expectations and experiences. Happy birthday, Pastor.
15. May God open a meaningful chapter of grace, love, mercy, and uncommon favour in your life. Happy birthday, sir.
Special Birthday Prayers for My Pastor
16. May God keep you going and glowing in the wisdom of His will. Happy birthday, sir.
17. I wish you a glorious year ahead. Happy birthday, sir.
18. May success wake you up, motivation make you breakfast, destiny give you agenda, and the Lord gives you His blessings. Happy birthday, Pastor.
19. Happy birthday to the man of God who sacrifices his all for the growth and development of humanity. May you always have reasons to celebrate.
20. May all the problems you face as a Pastor, begin to disappear as the Lord adds another year to your years. Happy birthday, great Man of God.
Best Birthday Prayers for My Pastor
21. May you overcome all your difficulties and continue to be successful. Happy birthday, sir.
22. May you live longer to be 100, sir. In Jesus, you shall always find happiness. Happy birthday.
23. May God always give His best to you. Happy birthday, Pastor.
24. May all your positive thoughts begin to work together for your good. Happy birthday to you, Pastor.
25. Thanks for being a true mentor of our hearts. May God continue to increase you spiritually. Happy birthday, sir.
Wonderful Birthday Prayers for My Pastor
26. May your cup of anointing overflow as God adds a great year to your years. Happy birthday, sir.
27. I appreciate all you’ve done for us, through cash and kind. May God continue to increase you financially. Happy birthday to you, sir.
28. Dear God, help me bless my Pastor beyond his imagination. Make him happy all the rest of his life. Amen! Happy birthday, sir.
29. May God give your life a turn around for good. Happy best day, sir.
30. Happy birthday to this great man of God. May you always flourish in and out.
Another special season of grace and favor has come to the Embassy of God. Another season of mercy and love has come to our family. The celebration of the birth of a great man is indeed a year of jubilee.
I am privileged to be married to a great man. My life has been transformed and I have come to witness the father’s love. In moments like these I sing out a song, I sing out a love song to Jesus. I sing songs of praise to God, the Creator of all things. As we celebrate pastor Sunday’s 45th birthday, I want to thank God for making our paths to cross. I want to thank Pastor for his leadership and friendship. Thank you for peace at home, support in the field and all the precious memories that fill our life.
I have been given a special honor and assignment by God to be pastor Sunday’s wife; to be one flesh with him, to be the flesh of his flesh and bones of his bones and to walk through life together and produce godly seeds and fruits. God has joined us together for good and for a purpose greater than both of us.
Thank you Pastor Sunday for allowing me to be myself, to be a leader and to be happily married. Thank you for being an understanding friend, brother, husband, partner, leader, coach and pastor. Thank you for being a role model. Thank you for being the shoulder I can always lean on. Thank you for, for better for worse, for richer or poorer. Thank you for your goals, plans, workability, problem solving skills, wisdom, perseverance, warrior spirit and result oriented mind.
My prayer for you as you turn 45 is that the good God will make your way prosperous, that the things you do will be successful, and that He will help you to fulfill what you were created for. I pray that God will fill your life with joy, peace, happiness and His righteousness, with His beauty, songs and dances. That you may give more and more to this generation and leave a legacy for future generations. May your spirit soar and mount up with wings like those of an eagle. May the Lord give you power when you are weak, increase your strength when you have no might, may He renew your strength as you wait on Him. May you run and not be weary and walk and not faint.
May you be a symbol of wealth with work, pleasure with conscience, knowledge with character, commerce with morality, science with humanity, worship with sacrifice and politics with principle. May the righteous Judge of all flesh take note of the threats in your life, and grant that you speak His Word with all confidence, and use your hand to heal, and signs and wonders would take place through you in His name.
May the Lord make you an instrument of His peace. Where there is hatred, may you sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy. May the Divine Master, grant that you may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love; for it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
May the Lord deliver you from every evil work and preserve you for His heavenly kingdom. May He guard your feet and exalt your horn. May the Lord be with you, and may He preserve and prosper you wherever you go.
Pastor, whenever the winter storms come and the sun is darkened, when it seems all strength is gone, remember you can always be strong in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. When all melodies are gone, remember, you can always hear a song in the Lover of our soul.
Pastor, may God treat you kindly, may your dreams come true. I wish you more reasons to laugh, and may you find fulfillment and love beyond measure!
The children honor and love you. I will always love you and we will all be there for you when you need us most!
Happy 45th Birthday!
From the wife of your youth,
Updated on November 16, 2018
Finding the right words to wish your pastor, minister, or priest a happy birthday can feel challenging, but don’t worry—this article has you covered. | Source Happy Birthday, Pastor!
Need to send Christian birthday messages to a pastor, Catholic/parish priest, or minister but finding it difficult to figure out what to write or say? Here are examples of good wishes and greetings to write in a card or note for a spiritual leader on their birthday.
What to Write in a Christian Birthday Card
Show love and encourage them with some of these religious birthday messages, which you can pair with some inspirational quotes from the Bible. If you don’t want to write your spiritual leader a card, you can send or share some of the short messages below via text messaging (SMS), email, Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, or any of the social networking sites they might use.
If you’re not quite sure how to wish your spiritual leader a happy birthday, here’s some inspiration! | Source Birthday Card Messages for Spiritual Leaders
Below, you will find some ideas on what to write or say to pastors, priests, or ministers on their birthday. Use these to inspire your card or note’s wording:
- We thank God for giving you knowledge and wisdom of understanding. Your sermons are so touching and have inspired many us in the church to always strive hard to do the will of God no matter how little. Sir, as you mark your birthday, we wish you good health, happiness, and lots of beautiful things in this world and hereafter.
- Thank you for your concern over our spiritual life. You are an exemplary and visionary church leader who has dedicated his life to planting churches all over the world and winning more souls into the kingdom of God. Your messages are always supported by good Bible quotations and are clear and understandable to the congregation. As you celebrate your special day, may the Lord shower you with more grace and blessings!
- As you attain the age of , may God continue to increase your knowledge and wisdom. And may He grant you good health and strength to deliver His words to the people till your last breath. Have a memorable birthday!
- We pray the good Lord continues to give you victory over your enemies. They shall never succeed in their plot to lure you away from the path of life that you have chosen. And the whole congregation will continue to follow the light you have shown to us and made us believe in. You are a blessing not only to us but to the coming generations. Have a wonderful birthday!
- May the Lord’s blessings continue to be with you and your family, and may His words continue to move you from strength to strength. I wish you all the best and many more birthdays to come.
Make Your Card Extra Special
Do you want to give your pastor, minister, or priest a birthday they’ll never forget? Why not have your whole congregation sign their birthday card? Feeling the community’s overwhelming support is sure to bring a smile to your spiritual leader’s face!
Another way to make your note special is to remind your spiritual leader of a sermon that you found particularly moving. Knowing that their words have deeply impacted you will make them feel happy and fulfilled.
- Your messages have touched millions of lives and penetrated every nook and cranny of the city. We pray God continues to be your guide. May He give you the strength to win more souls to His kingdom. Happy birthday!
- As you clock today, may God’s blessings, glory, and grace be upon you and your family. Happy birthday to my friend, life coach, and pastor!
- Thank you for letting us know that there is always time to do right in this world and enjoy the hereafter. Some of us are old and had thought we could never be among the righteous men, but through your words, you made us believe that it is never too late to repent and start living a good life. Now that we have accepted the light of God into our lives, we can boldly tell you that today we are living righteous and happy lives again. Today, we join well-wishers to wish you good health and more years of success to celebrate. Happy birthday!
- On the occasion of your birthday, I wish you many more happy returns of the day. May God’s love and peace be with you always.
- I have sincerely committed my way to the Lord. Thank you for allowing the will of God to come into my life. Your inspirational messages are doing wonders in my life. I can now live life again without fear just because I know there is no one except God who is able to do all things. Happy birthday!
We are so lucky to have you in our lives, Father. Thank you for your continued guidance, and have a wonderful birthday!
- You are my friend, Father, mentor and pastor. Thank you for your captivating and inspiring sermons. May God continue to strengthen you and your congregation! Have a blessed birthday!
- Thank you, my priest, for bringing out the best in me with your messages of love, prosperity and righteousness. As you celebrate your birthday, may God’s blessings, grace, favor and guidance continue to be with you!
- You are a blessing not only to our generation but to the coming generation. May God continue to make your faith stronger and stronger, and may He grant all your heart’s desires as you continue to grow in mind and spirit.
- You will achieve that strong desire in you to deliver as many people as possible from darkness into the light of God. You are with God, and whoever is with Him shall never fail, but continue to succeed in whatever he touches. Happy birthday to my pastor!
- Dear spiritual father, we appreciate God’s presence in your life, and we appreciate your faithfulness and righteousness. On your special day, there is nothing better than thanking God for His mercy upon your life. Happy birthday!
Wishing your spiritual leader a happy birthday will make them feel valued and inspire them to continue providing invaluable guidance to you and your congregation. | Source
- You have impacted so many lives positively through your words of wisdom. May God’s goodness and mercy continue to be with you today and always! Happy birthday to my friend and pastor!
- We wish you a wonderful birthday. May God give you the power, courage, knowledge and wisdom to continue to propagate His words to mankind.
- As we join well-wishers to celebrate your special day, we pray the Lord continues to strengthen your faith, establish all your steps, purify you and hold you firm on the right path of life that you are following.
- Your speech, conduct and faith have inspired us in so many ways. You have shown a good example to all of us in your ministry, and you have remained steadfast in your service to the parish. Indeed, your life is worthy of emulation. May God uphold you and strengthen you. Happy birthday!
- Happy birthday to my hospitable pastor and mentor. You are committed to your words of truth, prayerful, and you have dedicated all your life to teaching and preaching sound doctrines using inspirational Bible verses. I’m highly honored to celebrate with you today, and I wish you many more years of success and happiness.
- I wish a very special father a joyous and blessed birthday. I pray God showers His love, mercy and blessings upon you and your household.
What is the perfect gift for a pastor’s birthday? Short Christian Birthday Wishes to Send in a Text
Below, you will find some common birthday wishes. These are generally helpful if you want to make your message short, such as for text messaging (SMS).
- Sending you blessings on your birthday and wishing you many happy returns.
- May we celebrate many more birthdays with you, blessed friend!
- Happy birthday! May God grant you many more years of good health.
- Here’s wishing you a happy and blessed day and many more years of success.
- I wish you good health, happiness and long life. Have a blessed birthday.
- I wish you happiness, long life and prosperity. God bless you.
- May God grant all your wishes as you celebrate your birthday!
- May God be your guide and always keep you happy.
- As you celebrate today, may God shower you with grace and more blessings!
Thank you for always setting such a good example for the congregation. We appreciate all that you do. Happy birthday!
- Pastor, we wish you good health and many more birthdays to come.
- Have a blessed birthday. Here’s wishing you many more happy returns of the day.
- I wish you many more happy years. Sending blessings on this special day.
- May God give you the desire of your heart!
- May God’s grace strengthen you as you mark your birthday!
- As you celebrate another year today, may the good Lord increase your wisdom.
- I wish you many happy and blessed moments in life.
- May God bless and keep you always!
- I wish you all the best and many birthdays to come. God bless you!
- I wish you all the best of birthdays, blessed friend. Enjoy your day!
Including a Bible quote in your birthday message to your spiritual leader is a nice touch. | Source Inspirational Bible Verses for Birthdays
These are some inspirational quotes from the Holy Bible that you can make use of when writing a religious birthday message. You can pair them with your own unique message for a truly special note.
- “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.” ―Hebrews 13:17
- “For by me the days shall be multiplied, and the years of your life shall be increased.” ―Proverbs 9:11
- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.” ―Jeremiah 1:5
- “Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him, and He will act.” ―Timothy 4:8
- “The Lord has done it this very day; let us rejoice today and be glad.” ―Psalm 118:24
- “Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching.” ―Timothy 5:17
- “I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every way—with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge—God thus confirming our testimony about Christ among you. Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.” —1 Corinthians 1:4–9
Happy Birthday Poems for Your Pastor
If the messages above don’t quite express your appreciation fully enough, consider adding a poem to your birthday message.
For all the times you walked with me
And gently held my hand,
The times you stopped to answer why,
To help me learn and understand.
Each time I fall or stumble, you
Reach out to me and lift me up to stand.
You are there in good times,
Even though I forget to thank you.
You are there in bad times,
To pick me up and see me through.
Thank you Pastor for being there
To make each day brand new.
by Judy Crowe
“To Our Pastor”
Our God has sent you to this place
To lead us in the way
That He would have us work and think
And live from day to day.
No matter the hour; whatever the need,
You go the extra mile –
Always ready and willing to share
A comforting thought and a smile.
We’re grateful that you’re here with us
To teach us from His word,
And we will try to do our best
In service of our Lord.
We thank you for your ministry,
Your guidance and your care.
His greatest blessings for your life
Is our most humble prayer.
© 2016 Oyewole Folarin
Pastoral ministry is a business unlike any other. It is a dangerous business. A sacred business. A business where the souls of people are at stake.
I was a pastor for many years, so I have a feel for the perils and pleasures of ministry. It’s very hard, supremely rewarding work.
Gardiner Spring said:
It is at a fearful expense that ministers are ever allowed to enter the pulpit without being preceded, accompanied, and followed by the earnest prayers of the churches. It is no marvel that the pulpit is so powerless, and ministers so often disheartened when there are so few to hold up their hands…When the churches cease to pray for ministers, ministers will no longer be a blessing to the churches.
In light of the challenges of ministry, here are 8 prayers every church member should pray for their pastor(s) on a regular basis.
#1 – For Protection From Satan
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour (1 Peter 5:8).
If Satan can take down a shepherd of God’s people, the odds are much higher that God’s people will scatter. That they’ll become bitter and disenfranchised. They will question everything they’ve ever been taught by that pastor. Satan targets pastors because the damage is exponential if they fall. Pray for your pastor that he would be kept safe from Satan.
Father, please protect my pastor from the attacks of Satan. Give him the strength to endure temptation and stand firm against the accusations Satan loves to whisper in his ear. Help him stand firm in your service, always fighting for the faith and for his people.
#2 – For Protection Against His Own Sinful Heart
But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death. (James 1:14-15)
Pastors don’t fall because one day, out of the blue, they decide to dive headlong into sin. The slide into sin happens slowly, over time, in small increments, as the pastor believes the lies presented to him by his flesh. Pray for your pastor that he would be on guard against the lies of sin. Pray that he would have a proper fear of God.
Father, please protect my pastor from the deceitfulness of sin that we all are so prone to. Guard him from sin. Keep his conscience tender and fresh. Keep him close to you and close to your word.
#3 – For Deep Spiritual Encouragement
For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to strengthen you— that is, that we may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith, both yours and mine. (Romans 1:11-12)
Pastoral ministry can be brutal, discouraging work. Pastors find themselves in the midst of terrible situations on a regular basis – divorce, death, apostasy, and much more. It’s also challenging because they don’t see progress in the sense that other jobs do. Christians are always in progress. Because of this, discouragement and depression can be a regular companion of the minister. Pray for your pastor to be encouraged.
Father, please encourage my pastor by the power of your Spirit. Let his soul be refreshed with the love of Christ. Let him have faith for the future. Help him to keep pressing forward even when the way is littered with landmines. Let him be refreshed by the fact that your grace is sufficient for him.
#4 – For Wisdom
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. (James 1:5)
Many elements of pastoral ministry are not black and white. A husband and wife are in serious conflict, and the husband has one story while the wife has another. A church member needs financial support but has a history of mismanaged finances. A young man struggles with same-sex attraction while still wanting to follow Jesus. Pastors need God’s wisdom to navigate these gray areas.
Father, please give my pastor your wisdom. Help him know the way to go even when the way is not clear. Give him discernment to know good from evil, even when evil is dressed as good. Help him apply your word to even the most confusing situations.
#5 – For Doctrinal Faithfulness
By the Holy Spirit who dwells within us, guard the good deposit entrusted to you (2 Timothy 1:14).
Pastors can be tempted to modify or even abandon biblical doctrines for a variety of reasons. Cultural pressures, vocal church members, even legal actions can press hard upon pastors, making them feel that the only way out is to give up the clear teaching of Scripture. They need God’s grace to stay faithful to the good deposit of God’s word.
Father, I pray for my pastor that you would help him hold fast to Scripture, even when everyone else tells him to let go. Help him stand on your word and only your word. Protect him from the temptation to abandon the precious truths laid out in Scripture.
#6 – For A Healthy Body
But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified (1 Corinthians 9:27).
Ministry can take a tremendous toll on a pastor’s body. Yes, our bodies are temples, but they are often broken temples. Long nights at the hospital, high-stress situations, and ever-present discouragement can quickly lead to burnout and body betrayal. Not only do pastor’s need spiritual strength, they need physical strength as well. Pray for your pastor that he would be sustained in body and mind.
Father, please give my pastoral supernatural strength. Protect him from sickness and disease. Give him your energy to keep serving faithfully. Help him to find periods of rest and recovery. Guide him to still waters.
#7 – For A Strong Marriage and Family
Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive, for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God’s church (1 Timothy 3:2-6)
Church history is littered with the skeletons of pastors whose marriages and families fell apart under the strain of pastoral ministry. And as 1 Timothy states, if a pastor can’t manage his family, how can he manage the church of God? Satan loves to sabotage a pastor’s family, and your pastor needs prayer that God will give him a healthy marriage and family.
Father, please give my pastor a supernaturally healthy marriage. Strengthen the bonds between him and his wife. Encourage them both in ministry. Give both of them wisdom to manage their family and to keep you at the center, not ministry. I also pray for their children that you would let them know you and follow you.
#8 – For Meaningful Friendships
A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother (Proverbs 18:24).
Pastoral ministry can be surprisingly lonely. Something about being in a position of leadership isolates the man. People look to him to be a teacher and leader, not be their close friend. Pastors need close friends who will encourage them, hold them accountable, and push them toward Christ.
Father, please give my pastor true, deep, sustaining friendships. Give him friends who stick closer than brothers. Who uphold him when he’s weary. Who help carry his burdens.
Sustained By Prayer
In some ways, pastors are sustained by the prayers of their people. Obviously, God is the one who ultimately sustains pastors, but one of his primary means is through the prayers for pastors.
When it comes to why you should pray for your pastor, take the words of Charles Spurgeon to heart:
No man can do me a truer kindness in this world than to pray for me.
Do your pastor a true kindness today. Pray for your pastor.
- 6 Signs Of A Bad Pastor and Spiritual Abuse
- Tapping Into The Sacred, Overwhelming Power of Prayer
- 16 Mighty Prayers For Children God Delights To Answer
- Why Do We Pray? 3 Profound, Staggering, Compelling Reasons
- How Do We Pray Without Ceasing?