I’d gone to bed tired and weary, at the end of my 3rd pregnancy, wondering, ‘When is this baby coming?’
I opened my Bible and my eyes fell on this verse:
“Before the midwife can get there, they’ve already had the baby.” Exodus 1:19, The Message Translation
I laughed. God sure knows how to speak! God knew exactly how I was feeling and his sense of humour cheered me up and reassured me!
Well, our Sam didn’t arrive quite that quickly, thankfully! He was born 2 days later, and I had plenty of time to get to the hospital!
There are lots of verses in the Bible related to pregnancy and birth. Through each of my pregnancies, God has used them to minister to me.
I write out the ones that are most meaningful to me, read them, speak them out, and pray them for myself and baby. They build faith for an easy pregnancy and birth, and a healthy happy baby.
There were some weeks in my pregnancies, especially at the end, when I would pray these verses out every night when I went to bed.
You can use the verses below. Look them up, write out the ones that speak to you, and meditate on them.
Or, to save you looking them all up, I have a little gift for you: my Pregnancy Prayer Cards, a free printable with all the verses on ready-to-use cards, with ideas for use. Download them here!
Pregnancy Prayer Verses:
Your baby is chosen and created by God
Psalm 139:13-16, Revelation 4:11, Ephesians 2:10, Jeremiah 1:5, Ecclesiastes 11:5, Isaiah 43:7, Job 10:8a and v12
Your baby is blessed and will be a blessing
Psalm 127:3-5, Psalm 128:3-4, Deuteronomy 7:13-14, Deuteronomy 28:4, Luke 1:42, Proverbs 20:7, Psalms 113:9
You can be set free from fear in pregnancy and birth
2 Timothy 1:7, Proverbs 3:24, John 10:10, John 14:27, Romans 10:17, Philippians 1:6, Philippians 4:6-7, Isaiah 54:17, Isaiah 26:3, 1 John 4:18, Exodus 23:25-26, Deuteronomy 7:13-15
You can have an easy pregnancy and birth. You are redeemed from the curse of sickness and pain.
Isaiah 53:4-5, Galatians 3:13-14,29, Matthew 8:17, Psalm 103:1-4, 1 Timothy 2:15 (‘saved’ – kept safe & sound), Isaiah 66:7-10, Exodus 1:19, Philippians 4:13, Luke 1:37, Deuteronomy 7:13-15
God is faithful.
1 John 5:14-15, Hebrews 10:23
Other things to pray:
- Baby in the womb – for each part of the body to form perfectly.
- Cut baby free from any hereditary diseases ie eczema, asthma, bad eyesight etc.
- Bless the baby – tell him/her they are loved and wanted.
- Pray for a content baby who sleeps & feeds well, and who has a spirit tender and receptive to God.
- For baby to get into the correct position for birth.
- Delivery – peace, joy, quick and easy, no pain, no complications.
- Older children to be excited about baby coming, and able to adjust to baby’s arrival.
- And everything else you can think of!!!
‘cast all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.’ 1 Peter 5: 7
Remember to get your FREE Pregnancy Prayer Cards!
50+ Ideas & Resources to Help Your Family Grow in Love
Success! The Cultivate Love Challenge will arrive in your inbox shortly.
New Baby Girl Wishes and Messages: If you’re lost of words and can’t express your warmest congratulation messages for new baby girl, this is a perfect section for you. Here we compile some of the best samples of new baby girl wishes and messages that you could use.
New Baby Girl Wishes
- Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl. We are so grateful that our prayers for the safe delivery of your baby were answered, and we are so glad that both mother and child are doing well.
- This is a special day and we are so honoured to be a part of your new baby girl’s life. Thank you for including us in sharing the arrival of this wonderful little girl. May she always be in good health.
- We are so grateful to God for this little girl that has joined your family. Her birth is special and we pray that her life will be just as special. Congratulations to you both.
- You have a new addition to your family and the world has gained another lovely flower. May this little girl ever make you smile and may she grow up to be all that you hope she will be. Congratulations.
- Congratulations to the new addition of joy to your family. Take your time to enjoy your bundle of joy. Best wishes!
- This little girl has brightened all our lives and we are honoured to celebrate her birth with you and the rest of the family. Please receive our congratulations on the birth of your baby girl.
- Congratulations for bringing a baby girl into the world. Now get ready for smiles that bring sunrise, tears that cause thunderstorms, laughter that bring rainbows and love that brings everything together.
- As you welcome the wonderful princess into your family, I hope that the experience that comes with a baby girl becomes a rewarding and amazing period. May every memory be engraved in your hearts to make parenthood the best experience ever! Congratulations!
- Congratulations on the arrival of your precious sweet daughter! Enjoy as she fills your lives with everything pink and sweet!
Newborn Baby Girl Congratulation Messages
- I feel as though the sun has released a powerful ray to shine upon all of us and I am so excited at the birth of your new baby girl. May she ever be in good health. Congratulations.
- Congratulations to your new baby girl. May this bring you loads of happiness and joy. Best wishes!
- God has sent us a beautiful flower. May we nurture her and lead her in the right direction so that she will fulfill her destiny here on earth. Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl.
- Receiving news of your precious daughter’s birth was one of the best things to have happened to me in a long while. I am so glad for you and pray for you and your whole family. Congratulations.
- We have received showers of blessings from above and are so glad for the safe delivery of your baby girl. It is an honour and a blessing to be a part of her life. Congratulations to you all.
Wishes for Newborn Baby Girl
- Best wishes to the arrival of your new baby girl. Congratulations to the new parents.
- May the birth of your baby girl bring so much joy to all of you and as we all watch her grow may she turn out to be a truly remarkable girl. Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl.
- Congratulations to your whole family for the safe arrival of your new baby girl. It is wonderful to know that we are part of your family and therefore part of this child. Our best wishes go out to you all.
- Your family must be ecstatic as the new arrival. We are so happy for you and join you in celebrating the birth of your daughter. Congratulations to you all.
- The wonder of your baby girl being born in this generation is that she can grow up to be whatever she wants to be. Our prayer is that she will reach for the stars and break every bond that may try to hinder her from fulfilling her destiny. God bless you all and congratulations.
- As your hands hold your precious little girl may you ever be aware that you are holding a great child who will grow up to be a great woman some day. Please accept our congratulations and best wishes as you celebrate the birth of this lovely child.
Congratulation New baby girl Wishes and Messages
- This gift of a baby girl is not only for you as her parents, but she is our joy too and we are thankful that she arrived safely. God bless you and may she and indeed all of you ever be in good health. Congratulations.
- Today will go down in history as a truly special day because a wonderful girl has come to live among us. We rejoice and celebrate her safe delivery and pray for the good health of the baby, mother and all the family. Congratulations.
- Congratulations for the bouncing baby girl! Being a parent to a princess is a promise for a life full of love and sweet memories.
- She is finally here! Goodbye big belly and welcome sugar and spice. Congratulations for the baby girl!
- If I were to choose a partner again – I would still choose to be your wife forever. I love you more each day. Happy Anniversary sweetheart!
- My dear husband, you are my lover, my best friend, my prayer partner, my confidant and best of all, my husband. With you I have it all. Happiest Anniversary!
- I can’t find the words to sufficiently thank God Almighty for bringing us together as husband and wife. You are truly a treasure in this time and age. Have a wonderful Anniversary knowing that I adore you.
Baby Girl Congratulations Messages from Parents
- Get ready for everything pink and pretty. She is finally here all bundled up in excitement and amazing love. We are extremely happy for the both of you. Accept our best wishes and warmest congratulations!
- As you start this new chapter of your lives, may your baby girl bring you new memories. May she fill your home with happiness, joy, peace, unity, love, understanding and everything good. Congratulations!
The birth of a new baby brings much joy not only to the couple but to the family and friends of the mother and father as well. When friends are expecting their baby we pray with them and always hope for the safe delivery of their bundle of joy. Finally the day comes and a little girl comes into the world to bring grace and joy.
A princess is born and our joy knows no bounds. We all celebrate with the happy parents and pray that the little girl will grow up to be healthy and take her place in the world and succeed. This is the right time to send our best wishes and love messages to the parents and family of the little one. This can be in the form of a letter, email or text message and people are happy to know that their friends and family wish them well.