Table of contents
- 1 Be encouraged!
- 2 Nobody can take away God’s love from you. It’s infinite and indestructible.
- 3 More prayersHelpful articles Ask for prayerOr start here
- 4 Worry does not have to control your life. Let God put your life and thoughts in order.
- 5 Trust Him.
- 6 A Prayer for Relief of Stress and Anxiety
- 7 A Short Prayer for An Anxious Heart
- 8 PRAYER FOR ANXIETY CATHOLIC
- 9 PRAYER FOR ANXIETY AND PANIC ATTACKS
- 10 PRAYERS FOR ANXIETY AND WORRY
- 11 Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer for Peace of Mind”
- 12 Recent prayer requests…
Nobody can take away God’s love from you.
It’s infinite and indestructible.
Don’t give up hope. It’s never too late. You can be free of excess fear and worry.
Ask for prayer
Or start here
Worry does not have to control your life.
Let God put your life and thoughts in order.
Anxiety might be that you are just nervous or overwhelmed sometimes. Or it can be a problem that disrupts your life, as in anxiety disorders like phobias, panic, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Prayer for relief from anxiety, stress or depression makes a big difference. Remember, God always hears your prayer.
We recognize that healing also comes from the support and care of loved ones. Some might even need professional help. The goodness of God works in many ways.
May the Lord bless you abundantly!
Is stress holding you hostage and keeping you from rest? Do you feel burdens pressing in that seem too heavy to bear? When anxious thoughts pull you in the wrong direction, and you’re struggling to find balance, the following prayer might express your thoughts and help you find relief and freedom.
Before praying, consider these 4 steps for praying over anxiety, as suggested by well-known author and speaker Max Lucado:
- Pray immediately.
“Don’t stew over the problems that are besetting you or your neighbor. Ask God for help as soon as you identify a need.”
- Pray specifically.
“When we boil our concerns down to a specific request, they become right-sized. Vague threats loom larger than concrete challenges.”
- Pray for and with others.
“When we consider the problems of others and enlist their help with ours, our concerns become more manageable.”
- Pray with thanksgiving.
“Anxiety and gratitude cannot occupy the same space. When we catalog what are thankful for, our list of challenges grows less powerful.”
A Prayer for Relief of Stress and Anxiety
Lord Jesus, the stresses in my life often reach a dangerous proportion—or so it seems. My body, mind, and spirit struggle to keep up physically, mentally, and yes, spiritually. Some days anxiety stalks me like a deceitful predator, and the temptation to worry draws me in. I know better, but some days the challenges outweigh the truths buried inside. My trust in You fades into the background, giving fear and concerns permission to discourage me.
In those moments of apprehension, help me remember that I belong to You, and that You are not the author of fear or anxiety, but the giver of love and a sound mind. Teach me Your ways to respond to problems by giving thanks in them. Your Word assures me that You are always there with me. You are the Blessed Controller of all things, and nothing escapes Your attention in my life. You have given me every tool and spiritual blessing to fight against those things that try to steal my peace. You’ve promised that when I’m stressed and burdens are trying to weigh me down, I can come to You. You will give me sweet rest!
Whether the anxiety stems from work, parenting, finances, physical issues, or even world conditions, You are there, Lord, to shoulder the weight. Teach me to recognize the stressful trials as tools for you to shape me and rearrange me. Through those difficult times, You will teach me patience, enlarge my faith, and help me see things I couldn’t see earlier—if I will only let You. When I’m clueless as to what to do, Lord, I want to turn to you first, not last.
Forgive me for trying to handle things on my own, Lord. The need to be in control sometimes gets a stronghold on my life. That only makes things worse. I want to trust You more and see things from Your perspective, not my own. No one makes me feel uptight, angry, or stressed, and no one forces me to react negatively. I choose to respond according to my beliefs. Do I believe You are in control? Do I believe You created all things and hold all things in Your Hand? Do I believe You are truly good? When an anxious thought creeps in, help me to stop and relax, to take that thought captive, and to turn apprehension into a calm prayer for deliverance. Revamp my belief system, Lord. Show me a new way to handle life according to Your Way.
No matter what issues I am dealing with; no matter how big the problems or situations, I’m laying them all at Your feet today. Turn these potentials for stress into lessons for growth and trust. When I can’t see any possible solutions, I choose to believe that You are working things out for my good—in Your own time, as you have in the past. Show me what to do, or what not to do. As I focus on You, remembering Your promises and Your words, I believe You will fill me with a peace that is beyond all understanding.
In Your precious name,
A Short Prayer for An Anxious Heart
Dear Lord, I thank you that I can come to You always for any reason. I’m grateful that when I pray to You, You answer me. Help me to come to You at the beginning of my fears and anxieties instead of waiting until I can’t stand them anymore. The quicker I come to You the better. You want to free me from ALL my fears. Help me look to You for help more often so that I can be radiant with Your joy. In Jesus’ name, I pray, Amen.
– Jennifer Heeren
Rebecca Barlow Jordan is an inspirational author, speaker, and passionate follower of Jesus who loves to encourage others heart to heart. She has written 11 books and over 1700 other articles, greeting cards, and other inspirational pieces. Her daily devotional Daily in Your Presence is available for delivery through Crosswalk.com. You can find out more about Rebecca at www.rebeccabarlowjordan.com.
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for GuidanceIntercessory PrayerPrayer for PeacePrayer for FaithPrayer for Love
On this page you’ll find a list verses and prayers for anxiety. In today’s world, anxiety is far too common. If you find yourself stressing and panicking over events and circumstances in your life, it’s time to turn it all over to God. He is the only one who can truly ease the worries that you carry.
Everyone can benefit from prayer. As God Himself has said, you need only to come before Him and pray. Whenever you’re feeling anxious and worried, pray. There is power in prayer and in turning it all over to the Lord, who sacrificed His own son to pay for your sins. If He was willing to save you from death, why wouldn’t He take your anxieties and worries and erase them from your life. While you will still face those circumstances and events, you don’t need to do it alone. He is always there.
Many people find that once they begin to pray, they feel much calmer. There’s a peace in letting God take over your life. He has a plan and when you’re following it, you’ll find that even the bigger issues aren’t nearly as troublesome. In fact, knowing that you are not alone in dealing with them can make you feel at peace, no matter what you are facing.
Peace is what I leave with you; it is my own peace that I give you. I do not give it as the world does. Do not be worried and upset; do not be afraid.
PRAYER FOR ANXIETY CATHOLIC
Almighty God, You know what I need before I even ask and You know how ignorant I am. Please release me from these anxious thoughts and help me see Your gifts. Aid me in reaffirming my faith so that I can serve You as You first intended. In Your Name, Amen.
PRAYER FOR ANXIETY AND PANIC ATTACKS
Dear God, I come before You to lay my panic and anxiety at Your feet. When I’m crushed by my fears and worries, remind me of Your power and Your grace. Fill me with Your peace as I trust in You and You alone. I know I can’t beat this on my own, but I also know that I have You, Lord, and You have already paid the ultimate price to carry my burdens. For this I thank you, Amen.
PRAYERS FOR ANXIETY AND WORRY
Dear Lord, in this moment, I find myself struggling with worries. I know this is not Your will and that You wish me to lay my burdens at Your feet. I know I can turn my cares over to You, who have died on the cross to set me free. I choose to trust in You, Lord, to focus on You, and to leave behind my worries and my cares, as they are nothing in Your light. When I find myself falling to my knees, let it be in front of You, with Your name on my lips, dear God. You will ease my burden and let me live free. In Your Name, Amen.
This prayer for peace of mind asks god to relieve anxiety and stress,
and grant a clarity of mind to feel at ease in one’s life. Say it in the morning
or evening on a daily basis until you feel at peace.
Also, one of the best prayers for anxiety is the famous Serenity Prayer.
If you’re not familiar with this prayer, I highly recommend it.
A Prayer for Peace of Mind
Almighty God, We bless you for our lives,
we give you praise for your abundant mercy and grace
we receive. We thank you for your faithfulness even
though we are not that faithful to you.
Lord Jesus, we ask you to give us all around
peace in our mind, body, soul and spirit.
We want you to heal and remove everything that is
causing stress, grief, and sorrow in our lives.
Please guide our path through life and make our
enemies be at peace with us. Let your peace reign in our family,
at our place of work, businesses and everything we lay our hands on.
Let your angels of peace go ahead of us when we go out
and stay by our side when we return. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
A Prayer to Heal Stress
Heavenly Father, please grant me peace of mind
and calm my troubled heart. My soul is like
a turbulent sea. I can’t seem to find my balance
so I stumble and worry constantly. Give me the
strength and clarity of mind to find my purpose
and walk the path you’ve laid out for me. I trust
your Love God, and know that you will heal this stress.
Just as the sun rises each day against the dark of
night. Please bring me clarity with the light of God.
In your name I pray, Amen.
Below, you can submit a prayer request to be posted to the site. Together we can bring peace of mind to one another through the power of prayer and heal anxiety.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer for Peace of Mind”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Strain from moving preparation – We are in the process of looking for a new home in a different state. Time is limited and it is going slow. That is …
- To go back home and a peace of mind – Praise God brethren, am kindly requesting for your prayers that I will exit Oman where am working as a housemaid. Am going through a lot …
- Accepting my Meds – That the antidepressants and GERD medications that I take are God’s way of humbling me; depending on Him, that it’s not about perfection but seeing …
- Becoming Independent Again – Dear Lord, I ask that the coming New Year will bring about a change in my living arrangements. I ask that You give me the …
- Assault and Battery – I ask for prayer for being attacked in the workplace by a coworker approximately 3 weeks ago there was another co-worker who stood watching while …
- Accepting people as they are and being accepted for who I am. No judgement! – I am requesting prayer for everything in my life that is not Christ-like. I run away from people who hurt me and find it very …
- Prayer for enemies – Dear God I pray for the peace of mind each day and pray for my enemies. Give me the strength to overcome pain and hurt. …
- Prayer for my daughter – Father, I bring my daughter before you this morning. She’s in a distant land living with her aunt. Father, there are times when she is …
- Safe drive to my moms and back and a wonderful Christmas – I ask prayer for my family that they get along for Christmas no more fighting or putting each other down I pray that they all …
- Strength – All around coverage from god. I declare and have faith that he loves me and gives me peace.
- Peace of mind – Most humble and gracious father, I come before you first & foremost to say thank you for allowing me to see another day. Lord,you see …
- Prayer Of Depression – In Jesus Name, Please Answer This Pray And Accept This In The Right Of Peace I Have A Horrible Sadness That Is Not Curable By …
- Lost – I am desperately seeking burdens to be removed. After making God my dwelling place I can’t seem to find any rest. Taking everything to prayer …
- Prayer for forgiveness and Love – Dear Lord, through the intercession of St. Jude, St. Joseph and the Virgin Mary, I ask & pray that a misunderstanding between myself and my …
- Tenant to leave – Help me pray that Orvin and his family will leave my apartment by next week so I can have peace of mind.
- Family – My children and husband continue to make my life unbearable. My children are adults, live at home. And just disrespectful. I need a piece of …
- Devil go away – Lord please let the let go of my father I want to live lord I’m so tired of this game Jesus I claim that the …
- Peace of mind – Dear father, please help me how my mother disciplines me. Help me to become more of you. By not belittling me, shouting at me. In …
- Prayer for Anxiety – I pray that I please am relieved of this anxiety I am experiencing. I am so nervous about everything in my life right now, especially …
- Peace – Pray with me regarding peace of mind thanks.
More prayers posted in: Peace-of-mind