I remember my boyfriend Tyler’s dad telling me that he raised his son to show his love for his woman, by being a hard working man and assuring that she is taken care of. For me, my highest act of love is simply praying for him, as he holds much of my heart, and loves me to his best ability. I make it one of my top priorities every morning, and every night, to thank God for Tyler, and to take time to pray for him.
Here are some things I pray for and recommend for you;
1. I pray for Tyler’s relationship with Christ.
I pray that The Lord is pursuing him, and that Tyler is staying close to Him at all times. It’s easy to fall off the righteous path, and to forget that God is there. I ask Him to remind Tyler every day of His Sovereignty. All I could ever want for Tyler, is eternal life with Christ. With, or without me in the equation. Therefore, this prayer is the most important one to me.
2. I pray for God to bless Tyler.
Tyler is a very hard working man, yet still manages to find time for me. Therefore, I pray that God blesses his day, his work, and his rest. I pray for blessings to be bestowed upon him in the most needed of times. He deserves any and every blessing that comes his way.
3. I pray for his leadership.
Although we are not married, I pray that the Lord is growing Tyler in this area. Christ said that the husband will lead your family. He should be my spiritual leader one day when we are married, one who I trust and respect. I pray for him to lead me well, to follow Christ in wherever He may call us as a couple. I pray that he learns what it means to be a Godly leader before we are married so he can lead me in the way Christ would desire when you are married. I pray for this, even with the realization that God could call us down different paths, and we may not marry each other. So when praying this, I make it a point to note that I still pray this upon him, even if he marries another woman. I would hope Tyler could be all of this to her, and more.
4. I pray for Tyler’s well-being.
I pray that God takes his anxiety, frustration, worry and sadness away. I also pray that Tyler grows the desire to lean on Him in those times of trouble. Now, I am aware that he will have to face all of these feelings, as he is human. However, I pray that he handles it in a Godly manner, and does not let his heart become overwhelmed. I pray that he is reminded of Romans 8:28, and takes that as an application of strength.
5. I pray for his safety.
I pray for God to take care of Tyler. That is the most important thing to me. I pray God places His Protecting Hands upon Tyler, and assures safety to him. I pray He is with him while he is driving, and working. This prayer also gives me assurance that Tyler is in very good Hands.
6. I pray for his future.
As stated above, even if I am not the one he marries, I wish Tyler the absolute best in his future. I pray that God is there, even if I am not. I pray he marries a woman of God, who is able to love him the way Ruth loved Boaz, but most importantly the way Christ loves us. I hope she loves him selflessly, and in the way he deserves. I hope she lifts him up in every aspect of his life. I pray he makes wise decisions, and seeks God’s approval in all that he does. I pray he gives God the glory in every achievement, and thanks Him for every blessing.
No matter what prayer you say for your boyfriend, God hears all, and sees your heart.
We are called to love one another, as Christ loves us. I feel as though, the more you pray for your boyfriend/husband, the more you grow to appreciate Christ’s love. Loving is a hard thing to do, especially when you are to love someone regardless of their mistakes. I’m a very difficult person to love. And so I thank God, that Tyler wakes up every morning and chooses to see the good in me, and loves me regardless of the bad. I thank God for sending me such an amazing man. I thank God for finding me fit of such love.
I give all Glory to Christ in my relationship. For, without Him, there would not be such. He is the foundation on which I grow my relationship on. I love Christ first, and Tyler second. It is so very important to lift your boyfriend up, in all ways possible. The best way to do so, is through prayer. The power of prayer is unremarkable.
“Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him–a threefold cord is not quickly broken.” Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
Our boyfriends make our lives more enjoyable by providing companionship and support through life’s journey. Therefore, on their birthdays, it’s only natural that we want to say a prayer or two for them. This is why, on your guy’s big day, we think that you might find these prayer lines particularly helpful.
Feel free to slip them into envelopes, write them on cakes and walls, customize them for personal use, etc. They’ll work just fine.
Birthday Prayers for your Special Guy
- Happy birthday to you, my dear. I pray that God’s light will shine on your path, and lead you to success after success.
- On your special day, I pray that the Father of all creation will bear you on the wings of eagles so that you can rise above the storms of life. Happy birthday.
- Boo, on this day, I pray that my love for you will be made as perfect as your unwavering love for me. Have a blessed birthday.
- I pray that our love for each other will be stronger with each passing second, minute, and hour. Enjoy your day to the max!
- Darling, you’ve shown me what it means to love and be loved, and I can’t thank you enough for that. On your anniversary, it’s my prayer that your will be blessed with more wisdom, good fortune and happiness. Have a blessed day.
- May you see great visions, and have the courage and tenacity to pursue them. Sending you lots of love today. Happy birthday.
- Like King Solomon of biblical times, may you be blessed with wisdom and riches, according to God’s riches and amazing glory. Happy birthday.
- Boo, we may have our fights but I’ll always love you, and I pray that you find every reason to do the same. Love you.
- I may ask God for many things, but a new boyfriend is not one of them because you are phenomenal, babe. May your special day see you receive the most special of blessings from above. I love you so much. Happy birthday.
- Real love is when your boyfriend accepts you with all your imperfections. Honey, may God be kind to you, as you’ve been kind to me. I love you.
- Spending my life with you is a huge blessing for me. May the times always bring us together in love, unity, and cheer. Happy birthday.
- You are ever willing to share the little you have with me, and I’m grateful for that. I pray that God will forever be exceedingly generous and kind to you all the days of your life. Cheers.
- May this be a year of daring hopes and limitless possibilities for you, honey. May you find everlasting companionship with happiness. Happy birthday.
- Sweetheart, just as you light up my world and bring smiles on my face, may this day bring you news of cheer, happiness and laughter. Happy birthday.
- I pray that God will keep you from the plights that come by day and the sinister forces that work by night. Enjoy today to the max.
- In the end, good things come to those who trust in God and do His will. I pray that you keep living a life that pleases Him. Happy birthday.
- Your soft and kind words give me hope for the future. May you dare to hope for a better future too, and may happiness forever dominate your life. I love you. Happy birthday.
- May God keep death far from you, and bring his joy closer to you so that you can live to declare his good works. Happy birthday to you, boo.
- Honey, my prayer for you May God keep the weapon of the enemy away from you.
- I pray that you will find strength in the joy of the Lord, and passion in his peace through Jesus Christ. Have a blessed birthday, boo.
- May your life always be filled with happiness that never sleeps. Happy birthday.
- On this special day of your birth, I pray that the heavens will turn whatever dolefulness is in your life into dancing, and fill your mouth with praise. Enjoy your day.
- With all my heart, I give God praise for an amazing companion like you. May He carry you in His light and reward you with long life and abundant happiness
- May He who is able to bring to pass what He has promised remember you on this day, and manifest Himself in your life. I love you, boo. Happy birthday.
- Sweetie, happy birthday! May goodness abound in your life, and may you always flourish in your pursuits. Enjoy this day to the fullest.
- Just like a child is shown the way so that he doesn’t get lost, so too will God guide your steps so that you will always find your way to success and happiness. Happy birthday.
- Sometimes life is an adventure on the brinks of a precipice; you remain stagnant if you don’t take that leap of faith. May you leap in God’s faith this year. Cheers.
- Boo, happy birthday! I pray that you’ll grow in maturity and understanding, and use this benison to help others to realize their potential. May God bless you beyond man’s imagination.
- The true measure of wisdom is his ability to solve life’s problems in a manner that pleases God. May you be blessed with wisdom to do God’s will. I love you.
- God has blessed us with a beautiful relationship. On this special day, I pray that He will help us grow this relationship and make it even stronger. Happy birthday.
- May God bless you with the desires of your heart. And may He always place you a thousand steps ahead of your enemies. Happy birthday.
- Since our ways are not God’s ways, and our plans pale in comparison to His, I pray that He will guide you to make good choices in life. Honey, I hope you have a birthday that is as beautiful as the love of God.
- Praying for goodness and mercies for the rest of your days. Have a blessed birthday, darling.
- Happy birthday, my precious love. I pray for breakthroughs and divine protection for you in a world that is increasingly becoming uncertain and dangerous.
- This is a truly special day for you, my love. I pray that this day will usher you into the realm of everlasting bliss, where your heart and soul shall know no trouble for as long as you live. Have an exceptionally happy birthday.
- May all the things that your heart greatly desires come to fruition. Happy birthday.
- May this new stage of your life be absolutely good to you. I pray it will fill your world with all the good fortune of the universe so that true happiness may forever walk with you. Happy birthday.
- May God be your custodian and protector all the days of your existence. Happy birthday.
You may also like:
Birthday Prayers for my Sister
Blessings from the Heart | Happy Birthday Prayers
Birthday Prayers for Mothers | Bless you, Mom!
UNIQUE GIFT IDEAS
If you’re looking for great presents for all budgets, we have done the work for you.
Click here for the
best birthday gifts
for friends and loved ones.
If you liked what you read, please share it. It really helps us a lot.
Long distance is not easy.
If you’ve done it, you most likely never want to go back, and if you’re in the thick of it now you probably want nothing more than for it to be over.
It can be full of missed phone calls, misread texts, and bad communication. But it can also be full of strengthened communication, getting to know your partner spiritually instead of physically, and those long-awaited visits.
Nothing is more fun than visiting your significant other after weeks of missing them.
So when I entered into this season of my relationship, I decided that this would be a blessing instead of a hardship.
I set out on strengthening my own faith, as well as the shared faith of my boyfriend and I through this bout of distance.
Personally, my boyfriend and I have gone weeks without seeing each other, oftentimes days without speaking because of work. But we prayed for each other.
Here are five ways to pray for a long-distance relationship.
5 Ways to Pray for a Long-Distance Relationship
1. Pray for Healthy Communication
God is using this time in your relationship in a special way. By not being physically nearby you’re forced to communicate. You literally have no other choice if you want it to work.
God is forcing you to lean on verbal communication. Relationships hinge on communicating with your significant other.
There will be days where it might seem easier to ignore the phone call, give up on an argument, and close the Bible. But praying for the person on the other end is worth it, just as your relationship with God is worth it.
This season of being apart is useful in developing healthy lines of communication.
2. Pray Specifically
Take this season of your relationship to pray with intention.
Approach each day, week, month, and year of long distance with a new specific area of focus.
Pray for more understanding when he goes out with friends or less jealousy depending on your specific situation.
Praying with specific intention doesn’t have to be an area that is lacking or that you’re struggling in, pray for the areas that you’re excelling in as well. Pray that it might continue and that you might keep improving.
3 . Pray Generally
If the man your dating is meant to be your future husband, then you definitely want to be praying for him. You want to have an open line of communication with your Creator about the man you love.
While praying for him, praying for your relationship will come naturally.
Something that has a tendency to be forgotten in a lot of posts similar to this one is to continue to pray for your future husband in case the one you are dating is not the one.
Here are some things to remember while praying:
- Pray that he might grow closer to God and depend on Him while you’re apart.
- Pray that he might become a spiritual leader in your relationship and within his own life.
- Pray that he will love and respect you the way that you deserve.
- Pray for him even when you don’t feel like praying at all.
4. Pray for Yourself
Take time to pray for yourself and learn more about your personal relationship with God.
Pray for discernment to know the type of relationship you want with your significant other and with God.
Seek out Bible verses to keep handy for those tough moments… no matter how hard we try, they will happen.
Verses about jealousy, trust, anxiety, and others. These will save your relationship as you pray them over yourself.
5. Pray to be prepared
Finally, remember that the distance will end. You’ll get to live out the rest of your days with your best friend.
Pray that you are prepared for the transition so that it doesn’t damage your relationship.
What Are Some Other Prayers?
Are there any prayers you’ve felt led to pray for your long-distance boyfriend?
Share them in the comments below!
The following two tabs change content below.
A college student living on Grace and coffee. A lover of pink peonies, baby cuddles, chocolate-chip pancakes, and writing to-do lists.