Jehovah Mekoddishkem, we bless Your holy name. Fill us with Your Holy presence. Guide our thoughts, our actions, our words and our deeds so that they will all be used in the manner of glorifying Your precious name. Draw close to us as we seek Your face.
1 Timothy 5:8 But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
Ephesians 6:1-4 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.” Fathers, do not provoke Your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
We just want to lift up our families before You, Oh God. Thank You for each and every member. Give them peace in their hectic lives as well as protection against all evil wherever they go. Allow each individual to be a blessing to others.
I declare that every sign of gossip, confusion, hatred, bitterness, envy, jealousy, malice and pride against one another will be dispelled in Jesus’ name.
Genesis 2:24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
Psalm 133:1 Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity!
Table of contents
Restoring Unity and Peace
Restore unity and peace, and may love, faith and hope invade the hearts of each of them. Mend the broken relationships within each circle. Let love never run dry for one another and let all situations be resolved.
Allow all the lost ones who have been led astray by the world discover You again, Merciful Savior. Continue to bless us daily. We declare that all families will unite and love will be restored from this day forward, in Jesus’ mighty name, Amen!
1 Timothy 3:4 He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive
Proverbs 18:22 He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.
Growing up in a prayer-filled home is a beautiful and powerful thing. Parents can pray over their children from the moment they are conceived through adulthood. Children can learn alongside their parents how to pray to the Lord themselves. Siblings can pray for and with one another as they resolve conflict and build strong relationships. Extended family can cover loved ones in prayer through both joyful and challenging seasons.
Families can pray together more often than just before dinner, and it can be a life-changing and transformative experience that not only brings family members closer to God, but closer to one another!
Here are 10 mighty (yet simple) prayers for your family:
by Nekeisha (Jamaica)
Dear Hevenly Father,
I want to pray for families out there who are going through diffuculties. Father help us as family to understand one another, to be patient as we wait for the breakthrouh we know you have awaiting us. Father we pray for unity. Help us to know that we can talk to you everyday and not only when we are in crises and believe that you are the only hope. I pray for the sick ,the needy, that you will work in there lives and help them to see that casting there burdens on you is the only way.
Father protect us from enenmies ,wash us in your blood and become our everlasting sheild.
Father we pray for daily sucess as we know this is your will. Thease and other unmentioned mercies i ask in your precious name.
Amen and Amen.
Return to Prayers for Strength and Guidance
Whether you’re part of a blended, single-parent, foster, adoptive, or traditional two-parent family, your family is important to God. You can ask him for anything in regard to your family as long as it’s in line with his heart, his desires . . . and essentially, His will. (See scripture prayers at the bottom of this post.)
Just so you know, family unity is definitely “according to his will.”
“Families are the basic, foundational social units in all human communities around the world, and healthy individuals within healthy families are at the core of a healthy society.” University of Nebraska – NebGuide by UNL Extension Family Life specialists and educators. (John DeFrain, Gail Brand, Jeanette Friesen, Dianne Swanson)
Healthy families are good for all of us, because the state of the family directly impacts the state of our society.
Strong families produce children who have the tools to grow up to become healthy, mature, well-adjusted adults.
The family unit is:
- God’s idea
- God’s design
- An expression of God’s nature and essence (The Truth Project, Del Tackett)
How God designed the family:
When God formed the earth, flinging stars in the sky, and creating life, he said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.”
When he says “us”, he’s referring to the active participation of every member of the godhead in creation. Father. Son. Holy Spirit.
There’s community and relationship within God between:
God the Father . . . God the Son . . . God the Holy Spirit.
(John 10:30, 2 Corinthians 13:14, John 4:34, Matthew 26:39)
Within family, we’re meant to experience the same intimacy, oneness, community, and fellowship God experiences in the godhead. That’s his plan for our families.
Family members are meant to take care of one another, and sacrifice for “us.” But we’re each imperfect and we live with imperfect people. Rather than fighting with our families, it’s important to fight for our families.
Praying hard. Praying often.
Here are some powerful prayers you can use to pray for strength, unity, forgiving hearts, harmony, and steadfast love within your family. These prayers are powerful because they’re based on the things God has had inspired men write down for our benefit.
Scripture prayers for your home and family:
- “Father God . . . I ask you to help each member of our family (name them) to be completely humble and gentle in our interactions with each other; and to be patient, bearing with one another’s faults in love – even when we’re tired, frustrated, angry, or hurt. Help us Father, to make every effort to remain united in the Spirit in this home. Please bind us together in peace.” Ephesians 4:2-3
- “Gracious God . . . help us (name your family members) to love each other fervently. Grow our love so deep that it is able and willing to overcome and forgive a multitude of sins. Inspire a spirit of hospitality in (family member names) and enable us to cheerfully share our home with those who need a meal or a place to stay. God I acknowledge that you have given each one in this family spiritual gifts. Help us to put our own needs aside and use those gifts to serve one another well. We will rely on the strength and energy you alone supply. I pray that everything we do within this family unit will bring you glory through the One who lives in us – your Son, Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 4:8-11
- “God – you are the One who gives us perseverance and encouragement. In you, we have hope. Help our family (name family members) live in complete harmony with each other, as is fitting for followers of Jesus Christ.” Romans 15:5
- “Loyal and trustworthy God, help my spouse (insert name here) and I to honor our marriage and clearly see how valuable and precious it really is. As we honor our marriage to one another, and our covenant with you, help us keep our marriage bed pure.” Hebrews 13:4
Other links you may be interested in:
Scriptures to Pray Over Your Family
Bible Verses About Family
Are You a Prayer Worrier or a Prayer Warrior?
Strong, united families are not only good for our children, they’re a refreshing and beautiful reflection of God’s glory in the world.
Because families are worth fighting for . . .