The theme for this month’s issue of Sharon’s Newsletter is overcoming crisis. For those who have been over at my blog, it is a theme which has been prevalent. I think I might blame those who contacted me to blog about Jerry White’s book, I Will Not Be Broken. I received a copy of the book and decided to do a review of it here. You can also download the Introduction and Chapter 1 of the book here, compliments of the Author!
With the myriad disasters going on in the world today, I felt the theme would be appropriate. Aside from that, we all go through one form of grief and tragedy or the other. Everyday, orphans are being made, widows are created, hearts are broken and jobs are lost; just to mention a few. We need to be aware of what works and what doesn’t so that we can help ourselves and others.
In the bid to be helpful, I stumbled upon the fact that June 23, was International Widow’s day. So I decided to write over at my blog, a tribute to the widows in my life. They deal with tragedy in different facets and the widows I wrote about, they have not just overcome they have thrived!
That is my desire for you; that you continue to overcome and live a life that is full and thriving.
Thank you for reading, God bless you!
Table of contents
I WILL NOT BE BROKEN
By Jerry White
This could very well be a cry from the heart of many people today but it is also a book written by Jerry White. Life sometimes hands us more than we think we can bear; but we need to be able to stand up tall and say I Will Not Be Broken!
Jerry White, the founder or Survivor Corps and the co-recipient of a Nobel Prize has written this book for those who have come face-to-face with one disaster or the other.
Dreams get broken for so many reasons; the overall message seems to be:
Don’t let yourself get broken along with your dreams.
There are 5 Steps in I Will Not Be Broken and these are:
1. Face Facts. One must first accept the harsh reality about suffering and loss, however brutal. “This terrible thing has happened. It can’t be changed. I can’t rewind the clock. My family still needs me. So now what?”
2. Choose Life. That is, “I want to say yes to the future. I want my life to go on in a positive way.” Seizing life, not surrendering to death or stagnation, requires letting go of resentments and looking forward, not back. It can be a daily decision.
3. Reach Out. One must find peers, friends, and family to break the isolation and loneliness that come in the aftermath of crisis. Seek empathy, not pity, from people who have been through something similar. Let the people in your life into your life. “It’s up to me to reach for someone’s hand.”
4. Get Moving. Sitting back gets you nowhere. One must get out of bed and out of the house to generate momentum. We have to take responsibility for our actions. “How do I want to live the rest of my life? What steps can I take today?”
5. Give Back. Thriving, not just surviving, requires the capacity to give again, through service and acts of kindness. “How can I be an asset to those around me, and not a drain? Will I ever feel grateful again?” Yes, and by sharing your experience and talents, you will inspire others to do the same.
For more on this book and Jerry White, read the Book Review or check the website.
You can also learn more about Survivor Corps here.
Jerry White is a global survivor activist who has dedicated his life to helping victims of violent conflict.
The Futility of ‘Why’
It is normal to question, but you will never get a satisfactory answer, and you’ll only waste your time. The past is the past, and facts are facts.
Jerry White (I Will Not Be Broken)
I promised to share my observations and lessons as I read Jerry White’s book. I’m taking it a bit at a time; trust me, this is not a book to rush through. The lessons are deep and profound.
As I read the portion above, it struck me as a brutal truth; what is sometimes called the stark, naked truth. The desire to know is inherent in man – especially the question why. Just observe any 4 year old around you.
The whys become even more insistent when there’s been a tragedy:
why would a God who loves us allow this to happen?
Why should I have to be the one to suffer this way?
Why didn’t someone do something?
Why? Why? Why?
They are endless!
I think on some deep unconscious level, we find comfort in the unanswered whys; they give us an excuse to wallow in self pity. It’s almost as though we say to ourselves once these questions are answered, I’ll get on with my life.
However, Jerry White, in his book I Will Not Be Broken, is saying the questions will NEVER be answered. Doesn’t that give you a pause? If these questions are not going to be answered, then why ask them in the first place?
The Psalmist in the Bible constantly asked why. And he was a very troubled person – disaster after disaster seemed to trail him. When he asked why, he didn’t just address the questions to some vague, cosmic presence, he was very directional is his questioning:
“why, O Lord do you stand afar off? Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble?” (Psalm 10:1 NIV).
That is a very normal reaction. Some folks hold the opinion that we must never question God. I think that God is big enough to handle any questioning. Nevertheless, the Psalmist did not wallow in his whys…he recognised the futility of that. Some chapters later, even though there was no evidence that his questions had been answered, his attitude had changed to one of trust:
“but I trust in you unfailing love. My heart rejoices in your salvation.“
He made a conscious decision to move on with his life.
That is the bottom line. When tragedy strikes, there are usually two options:
Option 1: wallow in the futility of why;
Option 2: choose to move on…
We all experience tragedy on one level or another; the difference is in the choices. What is your choice today?
Why Quality Trumps Quantity
“Do all things lovingly. That is the secret to quality and excellence” -Gary RyaBlairLovingly Embrace the Smallest of Details If you long to accomplish great and noble tasks, you first must learn to approach every task as though it were great and noble. Even the grandest project depends on the success of the smallest components.EVERY action-every detail of our lives brings with it consequences, and it’s dangerous and derogatory to think of any of those details as trivial, unimportant or inconsequential.Successful people and organizations sweat the small stuff and understand the importance of each and every small detail:
- Crime scene investigators know that it’s often the smallest, most obscure detail that results in the arrest and prosecution of criminals.
- Athletes and coaches are all too aware that one minor misjudgment can swing momentum to their competitor, and result in a loss rather than a win.
- Doctors and nurses understand that the slightest mistake or loss of focus can result in a tragic situation that carries massive liability.
- Business people carefully oversee the details of their products and services, knowing that one simple slip up can cause a series of events that negatively impacts the bottom line, brand integrity, and public perception.
- Engineers and architects know that the stability of the most gigantic structure depends on the integrity of its smallest element; a failed bolt or a misplaced pin can have huge consequences.
- Fireman, first responders and other emergency personnel are trained to focus on details even as a tragedy unfolds, as every second can make the difference between life and death in an emergency situation.
- Amusement parks know that the safety and physical well-being of their guests-and the financial viability of the company-require consistent and meticulous attention to the minute mechanical details of rides and attractions.
- Computer programmers spend their careers tightly focused on detail, as one incorrect digit in a code of millions can create an operational nightmare for the end user.
Ultimately the key to quality in every aspect of our lives is doing little things correctly, all the time, every time, so that each action produces a quality result.The goal is simple; make your name synonymous with quality and excellence.When every detail of your work is lovingly attended to, and each step in the process is given complete and careful attention, the end result inevitably will be of the highest quality.The smallest details of your work affect you and your company’s ability to compete and prosper. A careless or cavalier approach to the details of your work is the kiss of death, a self-inflicted wound that is easily preventable.Those of us committed to excellence know that the real threat to success isn’t the Armageddon of some huge and horrible slip-up; it’s the much more insidious danger of being nibbled to death by the smallest of mistakes or oversights.As you approach your work today and everyday, lovingly pay attention to the small details and take great pride in the quality of your results. Everything Counts!Gary Ryan Blair Gary Ryan Blair is President of The GoalsGuy. He helps business owners, corporate executives and sales professionals manage their time, set their priorities, and stay focused so they can achieve their goals, grow their business, and be more successful. Gary can be reached for speaking, coaching and media requests at 877-462-5748 or by sending an email to [email protected]
from wikiHow – The How to Manual That You Can Edit
So you just finished what you thought was a great project at work, and now your boss is listing all the things you need to improve upon. Don’t get discouraged; constructive criticism is a key part of any job. Through this article, learn how to accept criticism and do your job as well as possible.
- Accept that you are not perfect. If you begin each task thinking that nothing will go wrong, you’re fooling yourself. You will make mistakes, the important thing is to learn from them.
- Double check your work. After you’ve finished, and before you submit it to your supervisor, be sure you’ve gone over everything carefully. This can help you to avoid silly mistakes and ensure that your boss won’t have to bother you about minor problems.
- Don’t take it personally. If your boss has criticism for you, remind yourself that it doesn’t necessarily mean s/he doesn’t like you, or that you’re not good enough for the job. Your boss is simply trying to ensure that you do the best work possible.
- Listen carefully. If you ignore critical comments, you’re doomed to repeat the same mistakes. Take notes and continually remind yourself how to fix the problem. This step is the most difficult, as it can mean that one must “suck up” one’s pride and admit one’s responsibility in one’s work-related errors.
- Don’t hold a grudge. Staying angry/upset about criticism can affect your future work. Put the mistakes out of your mind and focus on doing the best job possible on the next task.
- Clear the air. If you’re upset with how your boss criticized you, let him or her know as soon as possible, so there are no lingering bad feelings between the two of you. Explain why it upset you, and suggest changes that could be made to strengthen your relationship.
- Always remember that it is your work being criticized, not you. For example, if your boss is criticizing a letter you wrote, forget that you ever wrote it. Pretend that someone else did, and your boss is merely asking you to revise it for them.
- Remember, your boss is not doing this because he or she does not like you or your work. They are doing this because they want you to improve your work.
- Whatever you do make sure that it is the best from your side.
- How to Become a Successful Employee
- How to Respond to Job Performance Review
- How to Write a Resignation Letter
- How to Switch Careers
- How to Call in Sick When You Just Need a Day Off
- How to Deal With Impossible People
- How to Be Respected
- How to Get Someone to Leave You Alone
- How to Criticise
Article provided by wikiHow, a collaborative writing project to build the world’s largest, highest quality how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Accept Criticism While at Work. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.
Sharon’s Newsletter – Valentine ’07
There is a certain joy, a satisfaction which one feels after completing a job. That is how I feel each time I successfully send out Sharon’s Newsletter.
I apologise for sending out this issue late. I wanted it to be just right.
If you have been conscious, you would have noticed there has been a lot of hype about Valentine (one can’t turn on the TV or radio anymore!) Anyway, I realised that love has become commercialised; or the idea of love anyway as real love could never be commercialised.
So I did an article which I know you would find useful in your relationships. Everyone is in one relationship or the other; family, friends etc.
This month’s inspiration is a poem I did when I thouht about what God’s love has done for me.
This Month’s Bible Passage is what I call ‘the Love Passage’. Be sure to read it carefully and make examine yourself in the process.
In the spirit of Valentine, I am giving you all a free gift: 101Romantic Ideas. Yea, I do believe in the romantic kind of love too.
So, have fun and enjoy!
Free to Love
by Sharon Famonure
I walked in the sandy bogs of fear
Swum the muddy waters of despair
I gave up hope, lost all held dear
Until I said a prayer
You filled me with comforting warmth
Wrapped me in your loving arms
You said to me, ‘Go spread my word
You are now free to love’.
God’s love is all I need
It’s strength when I am weak
It’s life to this dying breed
This love has set me free
Bible Passage of the Month
The Love Passage
Click on the passage to read it online
Quote of the Month
Vulnerability is a great teacher bacause it crystalizes what is really important in our lives
– Mike Pegg
Mabadiliko ya means ‘change’ in the Swahili language. I wanted the title of this post to catch attention and I thought ‘change’ was kind of boring. So I found out what change meant in the Swahili language and I got my title. Change means to transfer from one to another, or to make the form of something different from what it would be if left alone.
I chose this picture to display the meaning of change. In this picture you see the tree in all four seasons. In each season the tree appears to be completely different, yet it is the same tree all the time. The tree is kind of how some us can act. We our one person but can become completely different in the way we act depending on our surroundings.
Philipians 2:12-13 says, Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. Have you ever thought about how people change depending on where they are or who they are around? In front of their friends they act one way, another way with their family, another way at church, and another way at school? Paul was concerned that the Philipians would act differently when they were away from him. It’s really important that we’re the same person everywhere we are and it’s the same person working to live before God. We know that God can always see us. We also live before the incredible judge of the universe. We are weak in ourselves. We have fear and trembling in that we know our sin. This verse doesn’t talk about it, but it’s great comfort to know that Christ loves us despite our sin. Verse 13 is the real encouragement and challege. It’s God in the person of His Holy Spirit that gives us the strength to act. He is working in us to teach our wills and to guide our actions to His glory. Of course, we don’t always see how He is working in us but He tells us that everything He sends us is to His good purpose.We need to avoide the pressure of those around us and how they are acting, and be strong and live a life pleasing our God. It is God who has given us life and gives us His Spirit to encourage us and guide us. We should always strive in making our actions the same because God always sees. What a comfort, and yet what a guide and caution that we should live for Him.
Since my purchase of an Evo4g I had been looking for compatible Bibles to run on my device. For awhile i used OliveTree and even “Bible”. Problem I had with both is that neither offered many resources beyond the Bible itself. I wanted a Strong’s concordance and in either app a Strong’s will cost many many dollars.
This to say the least was daunting. I had a friend refer me to MySword for Android. When I saw how feature rich it was and offered a free Strong’s concordance I was hooked. It was similar in experience to my desktop E-Sword application. When I saw that there were even more options offered for a generous donation of any amount I did give and the offering was accepted. In turn I received many many more options.This was a great bargain or so I had thought.
I also ,as an aside, have rooted my Evo and run custom ROMs on my device. I use Titanium Root to make my backups and the in app backup and restore when necessary.
I recently made a thorough back up and included MySword for Android. Problem is when I restored MySword I lost my premium features. I tried to do everything but I just wasn’t getting the premium features back. I knew I had to contact customer support. I knew this wasn’t going to be fun.
So I contacted customer support and was told that my offering given was not sufficient and that I needed to give more in order insure that I was going to receive the premium features. They offered to give me my money back. But, alas I have no paypal account either.
So now they have my money and my premium features. Yes, I know as in any venture Caveat Emptor.
This is my point MySword for Android is a great great app. It is free on the Market. BUT (and this is the important part) to receive the premium features you MUST fork over at the least $10.00 USD. The support insisted that many know the minimum suggested donation. But, if you look in the market you see no suggested donation and also it isn’t anywhere on their website you must search for it to find it.
Point number 2 as well if you have jumped on board the app early on and before the minimum suggested donation go post haste (I suggest) and ask for a refund. Again this is merely a suggestion. It also is not a ministry of a local church and they as far as I know support many charasmatics and ecumenical organizations. Consider that at least before you hand over your money.
Finally, MySword is a great app for android devices. The app is feature rich, customer support is pretty good and is in my estimation leading the way in Bible software tools for the android market. However one must consider the above. If the 10.00 they demand today to get the features isn’t enough for them tomorrow then how much will be enough? Also if you have put money into the development of this app and they raise the prices will you too be left out in the cold?
I think I will go back to Olive tree…..
Хозяину преисподней наскучила однообразная жизнь в потустороннем мире, и он решает обосноваться в реальном мире. Теперь его зовут Люцифер Морнингстар, и он является владельцем ночного клуба «Lux» в Лос-Анджелесе. Здесь он развлекается и наслаждается жизнью. У него есть известность, красивые девушки и море вина. Однако на пороге его заведения происходит убийство. Неизвестные расстреливают популярную поп-звезду, с которой находился герой.
Женщина погибает, но Люцифер благодаря своим способностям оказывается без единой царапины. Теперь он сам заинтересован найти преступников, поэтому решает помочь полицейским в их поисках. Он обладает особым даром видеть все скрытые желания каждого человека. Эта способность очень оказывается востребованной в расследовании многих преступлений и поиске виновных. Поэтому он присоединяется к команде детективов и помогает расследовать самые загадочные и сложные дела. Теперь Люцифер на стороне добра.
Смотреть онлайн Люцифер 2 сезон 13 серия бесплатно в хорошем hd 720 качестве
Год выпуска: 2015Страна: СШАРежиссер: Нэйтан Хоуп, Грег Биман, Карен Гавиола
Жанр: Зарубежные сериалы / СериалыВ ролях: Эйми Гарсиа, Д.Б. Вудсайд, Скарлет Эстевез, Триша Хелфер, Кевин О. Ранкин, Кевин Алехандро, Лорен Джерман, Лесли-Энн Брандт, Том Эллис, Рэйчел ХаррисПродолжительность: 42 мин.Качество: HDRipПремьера (РФ): 22 февраля 2016
Сериал Люцифер – расписание выхода серий:
В графике указаны даты выхода эпизодов на телевидение (ТВ). Зарубежным сериалам требуется время для перевода и поэтому, у нас на сайте они появляются ближе к концу дня либо на следующий день.
|3 сезон 1 серия||They’re Back, Aren’t They?||2 окт 2017, Пн|
|3 сезон 2 серия||The One with the Baby Carrot||9 окт 2017, Пн|
|3 сезон 3 серия||Mr. and Mrs. Mazikeen Smith||16 окт 2017, Пн|
|3 сезон 4 серия||What Would Lucifer Do?||23 окт 2017, Пн|
|3 сезон 5 серия||Welcome Back, Charlotte Richards||30 окт 2017, Пн|
|3 сезон 6 серия||Vegas with Some Radish||6 ноя 2017, Пн|
|3 сезон 7 серия||Off the Record||13 ноя 2017, Пн|
|3 сезон 8 серия||Chloe Does Lucifer||20 ноя 2017, Пн|
|3 сезон 9 серия||The Sinnerman||4 дек 2017, Пн|
|3 сезон 10 серия||The Sin Bin||11 дек 2017, Пн|
|3 сезон 11 серия||City of Angels?||1 янв 2018, Пн|
|3 сезон 12 серия||All About Her||22 янв 2018, Пн|
|3 сезон 13 серия||Til Death Do Us Part||29 янв 2018, Пн|
|3 сезон 14 серия||My Brother’s Keeper||5 фев 2018, Пн|
|3 сезон 15 серия||High School Poppycock||26 фев 2018, Пн|
|3 сезон 16 серия||Infernal Guinea Pig||5 мар 2018, Пн|
|3 сезон 17 серия||Let Pinhead Sing!||12 мар 2018, Пн|
|3 сезон 18 серия||The Last Heartbreak||19 мар 2018, Пн|
|3 сезон 19 серия||Orange is the New Maze||26 мар 2018, Пн|
|3 сезон 20 серия||The Angel of San Bernardino||16 апр 2018, Пн|
|3 сезон 21 серия||Anything Pierce Can Do I Can Do Better||23 апр 2018, Пн|
|3 сезон 22 серия||All Hands on Decker||30 апр 2018, Пн|
|3 сезон 23 серия||Quintessential Deckerstar||7 мая 2018, Пн|
|3 сезон 24 серия||A Devil of My Word||14 мая 2018, Пн|
Плеер Запасной плеер Трейлер Внимание (!)
если нужной серии нет, не стоит паниковать, ее просто еще переводят. Посмотрите сериал в другой озвучке или добавьте страницу в
и возвращайтесь позже 🙂
Если у Вас не загрузился плеер и Вы его не видите попробуйте перезагрузить страницу (F5).
Так же у нас можно смотреть Люцифер 2 сезон 13 серия онлайн бесплатно на телефоне андроид или планшете ipad iphone сериал на русском языке.