A morning prayer is a wonderful way to focus your time and attention on seeking God’s plan for the day ahead. Whether you need encouragement, peace, strength, or rest, God can meet you in a very real and present way when you come before Him with a humble heart. Seek God’s presence each morning before your energy and attention is pulled by all the tasks you have ahead.
Here are 10 helpful morning prayers to start your day:
1. “Lord, may nothing separate me from You today. Teach me how to choose only Your way today so each step will lead me closer to You. Help me walk by the Word and not my feelings. Help me to keep my heart pure and undivided. Protect me from my own careless thoughts, words, and actions. And keep me from being distracted by MY wants, MY desires, MY thoughts on how things should be. Help me to embrace what comes my way as an opportunity… rather than a personal inconvenience. And finally, help me to rest in the truth of Psalm 86:13, ‘Great is your love toward me.’ You already see the ways I will fall short and mess up. But right now, I consciously tuck Your whisper of absolute love for me into the deepest part of my heart. I recognize Your love for me is not based on my performance. You love me warts and all. That’s amazing. But what’s most amazing is that the Savior of the world would desire a few minutes with me this morning. Lord, help me to forever remember what a gift it is to sit with You like this. Amen.”
– Lysa Terkeurst
“I have set the LORD always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” – Psalm 16:8
3. “Dear Lord, I don’t know who or what will cross my path today. But I do know that You are my Rock and my Fortress. You are my Shield and my Strong Tower. Help me to anchor myself to You today. Teach me how to stand strong in You and choose only Your way today. Help me walk by Your truth and not my feelings. Help me to embrace anything that comes my way as an opportunity to see You at work and as an opportunity to point others to You. Thank You that You love me and nothing can ever take that away from me! Even if I fail today and fall short, You whisper Your unconditional love deep into my soul and remind me that Your mercies are new every morning. That truly amazes me, Lord. Thank You for meeting with me today. Would You wake me again tomorrow with the same sweet whisper of Your love? I can’t wait to meet with You again. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
– Wendy Blight
“You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You.” Isaiah 26:3
5. “Lord, grant me tenacious winsome courage as I go through this day. When I am tempted to give up, help me to keep going. Grant me a cheerful spirit when things don’t go my way. And give me courage to do whatever needs to be done. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”
– Dr. Ray Pritchard
“For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and self-discipline.” 2 Timothy 1:7
6. “Father, my heart is heavy. I feel like I have to carry the burden alone. Words like overwhelmed, distraught, exhausted seem to describe where I am. I am not sure how to let you carry my heavy load, so please show me how. Take it from me. Let me rest and be refreshed so that my heart won’t be so heavy in the morning. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”
– Ron Moore
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
7. “Dear Lord, help me remember what a difference it makes when I make time with You a priority in my morning. Awaken me in body and spirit each day with a desire to meet with You and to hear You speak words of affirmation, assurance and wisdom over my heart as I prepare to go into my day. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
– Traci Miles
“If any of your lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.” James 1:5
9. The prayer of Jabez: “Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, ‘Oh, that You would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let Your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.'” 1 Chronicles 4:10
10. “I got up early one morning
And rushed right into the day;I had so much to accomplishThat I didn’t have time to pray.Problems just tumbled about me,And heavier came each task;’Why doesn’t God help me?’ I wondered.He answered, ‘You didn’t ask.’I wanted to see joy and beautyBut the day toiled on gray and bleakI wondered why God didn’t show meHe said, ‘But you didn’t seek’,I tried to come into God’s presence;I used all my keys in the lock.God gently and lovingly chided,’My child, you didn’t knock.’I woke up early this morning,And paused before entering the day;I had so much to accomplishThat I had to take time to pray.” -Author Unknown, The Difference
Please let us know how these morning prayers have helped you in the comments below! Join our large praying community and experience the peace and joy that God freely gives each day.
For more daily encouragement, read our 30 Inspirational Quotes that will help you shine your light today!
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for GuidanceIntercessory PrayerPrayer for PeacePrayer for FaithPrayer for Love
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer, read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.
Posted on November 20, 2016 Posted By: EditorCategories: Prayer
You know what they say about breakfast—that it’s the most important meal of the day. But I’m here to tell you there’s something even more important than breakfast when it comes to getting your family’s day off to the best possible start. It’s prayer.
We are God’s creation. So regardless of how much (or little) thought we put in to the fact that all we have we owe to God, it would behoove us all to develop and maintain a solid, genuine, consistent line of communication with him. Again… that’s prayer.
While you will likely need to insert your own particular circumstances, desires, and ‘items’ in each section, I want to encourage you to start each day off with a prayer much like the one that follows:
Father in heaven, I want to thank you for this day.
Thank you for the rest you provided us last night that will help us to face the challenges that might come and to have the strength to be the person you created.
Father, I want to thank you for being you. You are holy, all-knowing, and perfect. You are the creator of all and what you have created is beautiful.
I thank you for always being here for me and my family. I thank you for your constant oversight and for never giving up on us—even when you’d have every right to.
Thank you for never withholding your love and most of all, thank you for loving us enough to sacrifice your precious son, Jesus, on the cross, so that our sins would not have to separate us from you for all eternity if we accept your gift of salvation.
Father, I come to you right now asking forgiveness for the sins in my life. I am sorry for the things I do to hurt you and to dishonor your name.
Right now I ask specifically that you forgive me for ___________.
Please allow me to let these things go and give me the strength to not be tempted to choose any way but your way.
Father, I thank you for the wonderful people you’ve put in my life (name them by name). I am thankful for the way they love me, the joy they bring to my life, the way they hold me accountable, the help they give, for being able to trust and confide in them, and for their willingness to accept me for who I am.
Father, please give me a heart that is everything to them that they are to me.
I come to you now asking that you hear my prayers on behalf of those I love. I ask you now, Father, that if it be your will you will (specifically pray for those you need to pray for).
Father, I also ask that if it be your will you will bless me with (ask specifically for the desires of your heart).
Father, I know you give us free will to choose you. And I do. I choose you.
I want to live the life you created me to live. I want to be your willing servant. I want to be salt and light to all those I come in contact with. Watch over my heart and mind so that I do just that.
Father, be with my family today. Watch over them. Protect them. Guide their steps, their words, their thoughts, and their actions. (Pray specifically for each member of your family.)
Father, while I pray these things believing, my prayer of prayers is for faith so strong that I will trust wholly and completely in you.
I know your ways are always best, so please give me the faith necessary to trust you completely and know that in all things you have my best interest and the best interest of my family first and foremost in your heart.
In Jesus’ name I pray, amen.
~ By Darla Noble
We hope you found this beautiful prayer to be positive, inspirational and powerful. For more morning prayer ideas, see this article: 5 Morning Prayers to Start Your Day Right.
The 7 Keys to the Lord’s Prayer
Download this 11-page ebook on the seven keys to the Lord’s Prayer by entering your email address below.