Here’s scriptural blessing (based on Proverbs 3) that might be suitable for a young adult graduating from high school or university, or leaving home for the first time.
Parental Blessing for a Graduate or Grown Child
(based on Proverbs 3)
never forget the things I/we have taught you.
Remember these things—store them in your heart—
for they will enrich your life, and your well-being.
Be careful to act with loyalty and kindness at all times!
Practice these traits;
write them deep within your heart.
Then you will be able to live at peace with both God and people,
and you will always have a good reputation.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek God’s will in all you do,
and he will direct your paths.
Don’t be overly impressed with your own wisdom.
Instead, fear the Lord.
Turn your back on the things you know to be wrong.
If you do, you will stay healthy and whole,
both in body and spirit.
Honor God with everything you earn and accumulate.
If you do, God will bless you.
Don’t get angry or discouraged when God corrects you,
when he points out to you the ways in which you have fallen short
of what he desires for you.
Remember that he does it because he loves you!
When you set out your goals and plans, be wise.
Think carefully about the decisions you make;
seek good advice from people you trust.
Then you can walk through life without fear,
and without stumbling.
Don’t be anxious about things that may happen in the future.
Always remember that God is at your side,
and that he surrounds you with his love and mercy.
Graduation messages are the best way to congratulate and wish good luck and success for life. These messages are meant to be precise and short. Long messages sound boring and loose its impact. Wishing good luck for future and congratulating for graduating is a tough task so the message has to be perfect. Here are a few examples that will help you write meaningful graduate messages.
High School Graduation Messages
Graduating from high school bring million dollar smiles to the successfully passed out students. Though it is not the last destination of academic life, it is the first and the most important step towards the bright and shining future.
“Congratulations on graduating from high school! As a student you still have a long way to go and a lot to achieve. Best of luck for all your future endeavors.”
Graduation Messages for Friends
Friends matters a lot in our lives. We learn, grow and dream together. Completing graduation is one of the great successes of our lives and witnessing your friends at the graduation event is something very emotional and joyous.
“Congrats for graduating successfully, with many hugs and wishes for your future, I will wish you achieve great heights and be successful in everything you do.”
Graduation Messages from Family
Family is the foremost priority of our lives. And with as important event as graduation, we cannot miss out on them in this special occasion. As a family member, you need to organize your thoughts and come up with the right wordings.
“We are very proud of you today. Your successful graduation has proved us right in having trusted you for bringing glory to our family. Congratulations! May God Bless You Always!”
Graduation Messages From parents
When students relish their accomplishments parents feel the same joy as it is their victory too. Their happiness knows no bounds when they see their kids finally out of college in flying colors and getting all geared up to face the real world.
“Congratulations for your success, there is lot to say but just one advice Stay Humble. The world is tough out there; never lose yourself in the humdrum of getting fame.”
Graduation Messages to Cousin
A graduation ceremony is passing out of higher education into another level of further studies. The graduation ceremony of a cousin is special and wishes are sent to him or her through texts on the day. The wishes would make her feel proud and loved by the sender. One can also send mesmerising graduation gifts for the cousin.
“Dear cousin, I wish you hearty congratulations on your graduation. I am much proud of your success and send you beautiful gifts for the results.
Funny Graduation Messages
Best friends manage to come up with anything funny in any occasion. They are always at your back when you have cold feet or when you are out doing mischief. On this special occasion they will for sure come up with something reminiscing the past.
“Congratulation champ for getting through your graduation and have an amazing life ahead unlike your graduation days where we used to slog our days.”
Graduation Messages for Daughter
Daughters are the apple of the eyes to parents. And when they finally graduate, parents are overwhelmed with pride. Hence, their blessings have to be extra ordinary too. They speak their heart out and wish them all the success to face the real world.
“You have always been a very amazing daughter and we have always cherished having you in our life. A very warm hug and congratulations for graduating successfully.”
Graduation Messages to Teachers from Students
Teachers are the greatest companion and mentor to every student. Students are always indebt for the guidance given and knowledge shared. They help you climb the ladder of success and teach you combat the world with practicality.
“Our dearest teachers thank you for being very kind and patient and also for being a role model to us. Respect for you will remain in our heart forever. Thank you for everything.”
Graduation Messages to Your Son
Parents are always overwhelmed to watch their son graduate. They shower blessing on the special day and wish him all the luck for future endeavors. They advise them to be practical and walk towards a brighter future.
“Congratulations son! Your success has renewed our approach towards success! Wishes from your parents for life after graduation.”
Graduation Messages to Boyfriend
When you share that special bond of love with your boyfriend, all his success seems to be yours. On the special occasion of graduation, you tend to shower all your love and wish him for a very bright future.
“Have witnessed you scale up with each step by your grit and passion. Congratulations on graduating! Go out carve a niche for yourself. “
Graduation Messages to Sister
Your sister is your best friend. You may get irritated at her mischief, but when it comes to a celebration as huge as graduation, sisters pour their heart out with hugs and kisses on completing this huge milestone success.
“Long way to go Sister you rock. This congratulatory message is to convey my wishes to you. Congrats!”
Graduation Messages for Brother
Brothers are both guides and best friend. They are your role model. So when they finally graduate, it definitely calls for celebration. You will wish him with all your heart on completing this huge milestone success.
“I am so happy to be a part of your success brother. Many congratulations to you fly high sky is the limit for you.”
- graduation message
- graduation wishes
- Graduation messages
- graduation message sample
- sample graduation message
- College Graduation Message Samples
- congratulations message
- congratulations messages
- sample graduation wishes
- graduation messages for friends
It’s graduation time, the time when students are finally able to breathe, finally able to sleep at least eight hours, and finally able to party without feeling guilt.
It is the time when students earn what they have worked for years, when sleepless nights pay off, and when dreams turn into reality.
So whether you are the graduate’s parent, sister, brother, relative, or a friend, make their day more special by letting them know that you are proud of them, and that you appreciate the effort they gave just to earn this degree.
This is not just an achievement, this is your graduation! We are so proud of you! See you on your thanksgiving party!
Your parents must really be proud of you, because we are! Congratulations from your aunts and uncles here in Jersey!
Feeling relieved because you graduated college? In a few more months, you will wish that you are still a student again. Kidding! The real world is harsh but you are one tough kid, you can survive. Congratulations on opening a new chapter in your life!
Your cousins idolize you so much, we are all proud of you. This is a big stepping stone to your future success. Congratulations!
I bet your mom and dad is tearing up because you are moving out for real. But anyway, I am so glad you graduated. You deserve it, you are a diligent child. God bless you!
Table of contents
- 1 Messages from relatives to the graduate
- 2 Messages from parents to the graduate
- 3 Message from friends to the graduate
- 4 College Graduation Quotes
- 5 High School Graduation Quotes
- 6 Inspirational Graduation Quotes
- 7 Graduation Quotes About Life
- 8 Funny Graduation Quotes
- 9 Short Graduation Quotes
- 10 Wisdom Quotes for Graduation
- 11 Graduation Quotes from Parents
- 12 Religious Graduation Quotes
- 13 Graduation Wishes for Son
- 14 Graduation Wishes for Daughter
- 15 Graduation Sayings for Cards
Messages from relatives to the graduate
You are closer to the fulfillment of your dreams, good job! You worked hard and now you are earning what you invested. You are a smart kid, you will do great things in the future. I believe in you. Congratulations!
Congratulations! We knew you would make it. I am wishing you a path full of opportunities and lessons that will make you become a better citizen and a better person.
It is time to celebrate the fruits you harvested from several years of intense studying! You deserve all this success, and I am pretty sure that the Lord has more opportunities in store for you. Keep up the good work. Congratulations!
I am pretty sure that your parents are going to throw you a very expensive party, because they are so proud of you. You deserve all these blessings you are receiving because you are a kind-hearted kid. Be prepared for the real world, it is not going to be easy. But you will make it, I know. Congratulations, kid!
100 Happy Birthday Wishes
Soon, your parents will have a diploma to frame and hang on your walls. I am sure that they will also frame and hang your graduation picture. You are blessed with very supportive parents and they are blessed to have a very responsible child. Congratulations on your achievement! Keep moving forward and stay humble.
Congratulations on your graduation and welcome to the adult world. It is not going to be easy because you won’t have your mom clean your mess, sew your slightly toned clothes, do your laundry, and cook you dinner. It is going to be tough because you will have to stand up for yourself but with all the lessons you will gain, it is all worth it.
Wishing you all the best on the new chapter of your life. We know you will be successful someday, and it starts today. Continue chasing your dreams and overcoming your fears. We are praying that the Lord will bless you with enough wisdom and knowledge. Congratulations!
Messages from parents to the graduate
You have been making us proud since the day you were born. You fought your battle in your incubator bravely, faced your fears through middle school, and graduated college with honors. No one could ever be prouder than us, son. You are the bravest, most determined person I have ever known, and I am really proud that you are my son and I am your dad.
We are so grateful to have been blessed with a daughter like you. You never fail to make us proud. This is just the one of your many achievements to come. We are incredibly proud of you! Congratulations!
100 Graduation Wishes
When the Lord gave us you, I said to myself, “you are the most precious gift I ever received, I am contented with my life”. But you never stopped amazing us with everything you do. You never stopped achieving things. I am proud of everything you do. I love you. Congratulations on your graduation!
We are just the proudest parents in the whole wide world! Congratulations on this new milestone!
Soon, you are going to tell us that you are getting married. And then, months or years later, you are going to tell us you are having a baby. Time flies so fast and you are rapidly growing old. But it doesn’t matter because you are my baby no matter what. I am so proud of what you have achieved. I love you, congratulations!
Happy New Year Quotes
Since your first day at school, we knew you would make it to this day. You are one independent, disciplined, and cheerful kid. You managed to have friends while focusing on your studies. We did not even have to set up rules because you have earned our trust, and you know your limitations. We are blessed to have you as our daughter. Congratulations on this accomplishment! Your dad and I loves you so much!
I do not know how we were able to produce an awesome kid like you. Kidding. You were from the best parents, of course, you will be awesome. Congrats! We are so proud of you.
You are one step closer to your dreams! Keep chasing them and we will always be right behind you, you always have our support. We love you, and we are overjoyed by this achievement of yours. This is our achievement, too. You are our achievement.
We have seen how much you have worked hard to achieve this diploma. We are so blessed to have a daughter as responsible as you. We only prayed that you graduate from college but the Lord blessed us with honors, too. We are so proud of you, darling. Congratulations!
Message from friends to the graduate
We were together through this struggle, and together, we will celebrate this achievement! Congratulations to all of us!
You are one of those people who have giant brains but still have time to socialize with others. I admire your school-life balance, and you truly deserve to graduate with honors. It was a pleasure meeting someone as talented as you. You inspired me to be better. Congratulations on our graduation!
I told you, one day, we will all look back on those sleepless nights, those moments we almost lost hope, those moments we thought we would not make it, and those heartbreaks we have been through during our college years. You looked back, didn’t you? Isn’t it all worth it? Yes, it’s worth it. Congratulations to you! We have made it this far, let’s keep moving.
The 60 Christmas Card Sayings
I must say, you surprised the whole gang! Look at you, all suited up for your graduation. You always told us to just enjoy life and refrain from taking it seriously. I think it’s ridiculous not to take life seriously but, I guess, it worked for you. You made us proud, you inspired us all! Happy graduation day to you!
Cheers to this huge milestone! Let’s party hard, for you are no longer a student but officially unemployed! Here’s to more years of friendship even when we take different career paths in the future! Congratulations to us all!
This is the moment we have all been waiting for! This is the final moment we will enter the campus as students. This is the moment when we could truly throw our text books away. We have survived those dreadful years and we are still alive and ready to fight! We are the brave ones and I believe that the universe will unfold success to newly grads like us who strive hard. See you on the industry, and congratulations to you!
The 60 Mothers Day Quotes
It is time to leave the school, find a job, and pay our debts! Congratulations to all the graduates with student loans!
When I first stepped into the halls of the university, I had no idea I will have this much fun. My mind was focused on getting straight A’s. I did manage to get straight A’s and I found friends who treat me as a family. This journey has taught me a lot, but you guys are the best souvenirs! Congratulations to us, we made it to the end!
We have conquered the world of text books and final exams! We are now entering adulthood, and we are geared up with a lot of knowledge and confidence. Let us embrace this change with open arms, and let ourselves grow. Congratulations to all of us, we deserve this!
Freedom! Finally, we are free.. or not. We may be free from lectures, exams, and text books, but we will enter the industry jail. It is where people is forced to work 9am to 5pm, eat, sleep, and repeat the process. Are you ready for the big change? You should be. There’s no turning back! Anyway, congratulations!
Let’s have our one last “college” party! Let’s celebrate our achievements because we truly worked hard for this. Let’s get drunk for one last time as college seniors, because tomorrow, we will no longer be students but this school’s alumni. Wishing you all good luck on your chosen career paths!
I want to believe that the hardest part is over but recently, everyone is telling me to be prepared for another battle. What have we put ourselves into? Kidding! Congratulations to all of us graduates who have managed to stay sane throughout our four years of stay in the university. I am hoping that everyone will be able to find a job on your chosen career. I wish you guys all the best, and I wish we will stay in touch. Thanks for all the wonderful memories!
Graduation day brings with it a roller coaster of emotions for grads and their families alike. It’s a time of celebration and achievement. There is reflection on past trials and successes as well as hope for the future.
As a relative or close friend of the grad, you’ve already done your job of shaping their mind and filling their heart. Now it’s time to take a step back and let them shine. All their hard work has trained them for what is to come.
Whether your student is in high school or college, crafting the perfect advice for a speech at the graduation party or thoughtful wishes for a graduation card can be a challenge. If this exciting time has you at a loss for words, here are 100 quotes that will help you share wisdom and knowledge with your graduate.
Shop For: Graduation Invitations & Graduation Thank You Cards
College Graduation Quotes
As your grad transitions from being a student to entering the real world, wish them well with these quotes about the merits of higher education.
- “You are educated. Your certification is in your degree. You may think of it as the ticket to the good life. Let me ask you to think of an alternative. Think of it as your ticket to change the world.” —Tom Brokaw
- “Education makes a people easy to lead, but difficult to drive: easy to govern, but impossible to enslave.” —Henry Peter Brougham
- “What we learn with pleasure we never forget.” —Alfred Mercier
- “Life is my college. May I graduate well, and earn some honors!” —Louisa May Alcott
- “Instruction ends in the schoolroom, but education ends only with life.” —Frederick W. Robertson
- “An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.” —Benjamin Franklin
- “Your education is a dress rehearsal for a life that is yours to lead.” —Nora Ephron
- “You don’t go to university so you can punch a clock. You go to university so you can be in a position to make a difference.” —Janet Napolitano
- “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.” —B.B. King
- “What sculpture is to a block of marble, education is to the human soul.” —Joseph Addison
- “Intelligence plus character—that is the goal of true education.” —Martin Luther King Jr.
- “We may live in an age of instant messaging, instant gratification and Instagram, but there is no way to short circuit the path to success.” —Tory Burch
- “It is absolutely still possible to make a difference.” —Michelle Obama
- “The highest result of education is tolerance.” —Helen Keller
- “Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.” —Malcolm X
High School Graduation Quotes
High school graduation is exciting—it sparks hope for the future and invites graduates to dream big. Encourage them with these optimistic high school graduation messages.
- “Graduation is not the end; it’s the beginning.” —Senator Orrin Hatch
- “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” —Arthur Ashe
- “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” —John Dewey
- “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” —C.S. Lewis
- “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe.” —Anatole France
- “Your life is your story, and the adventure ahead of you is the journey to fulfill your own purpose and potential.” —Kerry Washington
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The fireworks begin today. Each diploma is a lighted match. Each one of you is a fuse.” —Edward Koch
- “There are no regrets in life. Just lessons.” —Jennifer Aniston
- “Take pride in how far you’ve come. Have faith in how far you can go. But don’t forget to enjoy the journey.” —Michael Josephson
- “The only thing you can do in this life is pursue your passions, celebrate your bloopers and never stop following your fear.” —Grace Helbig
- “Kid, you’ll move mountains.” —Dr. Seuss
- “Your imagination is your preview of life’s coming attractions.” —Albert Einstein
- “Every person you meet knows something you don’t; learn from them.” —H Jackson Brown Jr.
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” —Mark Twain
Inspirational Graduation Quotes
Graduation can feel like the first day of the rest of your grad’s life. Let that day be a confident, motivating one with these inspirational quotes.
- “When you leave here, don’t forget why you came.” —Adlai E. Stevenson
- “Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.” —Winston Churchill
- “I learned many great lessons from my father, not the least of which was that you can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” —Jim Carrey
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” —Steve Jobs
- “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all—in which case, you fail by default.” —J.K. Rowling
- “When you take risks, you learn that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important.” —Ellen DeGeneres
- “So, I say to you, forget about the fast lane. If you really want to fly, just harness your power to your passion. Honor your calling. Everybody has one. Trust your heart and success will come to you.” —Oprah Winfrey
- “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” —Henry David Thoreau
- “The most rewarding things in life are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” —Arnold Palmer
- “Now go, and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for you being here. Make good art.” —Neil Gaiman
- “If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint,” then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.” —Vincent Van Gogh
- “In response to those who say to stop dreaming and face reality, I say keep dreaming and make reality.” —Kristian Kan
- “If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.” —Thomas Jefferson
- “You have to dance a little bit before you step out into the world each day, because it changes the way you walk.” —Sandra Bullock
- “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” —Dr. Seuss
Graduation Quotes About Life
Give your grad motivational words to live by with famous quotes from some of the most well-known authors, poets, singers, life coaches and athletes.
- “Get busy living or get busy dying.” —Stephen King
- “Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.” —Charles Swindoll
- “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” —Thomas Edison
- “Do not let making a living prevent you from making a life.” —John Wooden
- “In this life we cannot do greatTH things. We can only do small things with great love.” —Mother Teresa
- “Things turn out best for people who make the best out of the way things turn out.” —Art Linkletter
- “If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.” —William Arthur Ward
- “Love the life you live. Live the life you love.” —Bob Marley
- “You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” —Oscar Wilde
- “Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.” —Kyle Chandler
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.” —Dr. Seuss
- “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” —Babe Ruth
- “The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.” —Anthony Robbins
- “Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be.” —Grandma Moses
Funny Graduation Quotes
Is your grad already overwhelmed with emotions? Keep it light with these humorous graduation messages.
- “Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.” —Will Rogers
- “Follow your passion. Stay true to yourself. Never follow someone else’s path, unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path. By all means, you should follow that.” —Ellen DeGeneres
- “I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.” —Mark Twain
- “Your families are extremely proud of you. You can’t imagine the sense of relief they are experiencing. This would be a most opportune time to ask for money.” —Gary Bolding
- “To those of you who received honors, awards and distinctions, I say well done. And to the C students, I say you too may one day be president of the United States.” —George W. Bush
- “If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito.” —Betty Reese
- “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well neither does bathing; that’s why we recommend it daily.” —Zig Ziglar
- “Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back.” —Oscar Wilde
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” —Thomas Edison
- “The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs . . . one step at a time.” —Joe Girard
- “The road to success is always under construction.” —Lily Tomlin
- “There may be days when you’ll say to yourself, ‘I can’t. I literally can’t even.’ But you can! You can even!” —Katie Couric
- “Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia.”—Charles Schulz
- “A man who has never gone to school may steal from a freight car, but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad.” —Theodore Roosevelt
- “Nothing is impossible. The word itself says ‘I’m possible!’” —Audrey Hepburn
Short Graduation Quotes
Sometimes, short and sweet is the way to go. Here are 15 quotes to get you started.
- “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” —Confucius
- “Follow your fear.” —Tina Fey
- “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” —Milton Berle
- “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.” —Truman Capote
- “We know what we are, but know not what we may be.” —Shakespeare
- “The tassel’s worth the hassle.” —Anonymous
- “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” — Napoleon Hill
- “Believe and act is if it were impossible to fail.” —Charles Kettering
- “Spread joy. Chase your wildest dreams.” —Patch Adams
- “Dream big and dare to fail.” —Norman Vaughan
- “I go to seek a Great Perhaps.” —Francois Rabelais
- “Creativity is intelligence having fun.” —Albert Einstein
- “You can’t climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets.” —Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom.” —Oprah Winfrey
- “Nothing can dim the light that shines from within.” —Maya Angelou
Wisdom Quotes for Graduation
Offer your graduate some valuable words of wisdom to guide them through the tough times they will encounter.
- “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.” —Henry Ford
- “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” —Alexander Graham Bell
- “Graduation is only a concept. In real life every day you graduate. Graduation is a process that goes on until the last day of your life. If you can grasp that, you’ll make a difference.” —Arie Pencovici
- “Knowledge is not power. The implementation of knowledge is power.” —Larry Winget
- “Learning is the only thing the mind never exhausts, never fears, and never regrets.” —Leonardo da Vinci
- “Let us never be betrayed into saying we have finished our education; because that would mean we had stopped growing.” —Julia H. Gulliver
- “You can never plan the future by the past.” —Edmund Burke
- “By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” —Confucius
- “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” — Jim Rohn
- “Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.” —Lao-Tze
- “Life is an improvisation. You have no idea what’s going to happen next and you are mostly just making things up as you go along.” —Stephen Colbert
- “If you aren’t fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm.” —Vince Lombardi
- In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins: cash and experience. Take experience first; the cash will come later.” —Harold Geneen
- “Keep in mind that neither success nor failure is ever final.” —Roger Babson
- “The important thing is this: to be able to give up in any given moment all that we are for what we can become.” —DeSeaux
Graduation Quotes from Parents
Express how proud, happy and excited you are for your child as they move into the next chapter of their lives, and let them know how much they mean to you with a sentimental quote.
- “Graduation day is tough for adults. They go to the ceremony as parents. They come home as contemporaries. After 22 years of child-raising, they are unemployed.” —Erma Bombeck
- “Now that you’ve graduated, just remember: Bosses don’t usually accept notes from your mother.” —Melanie White
- “I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it.” —Harry S. Truman
- “We may not be able to prepare the future for our children, but we can at least prepare our children for the future.” —Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.” —Anne Frank
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Life affords no greater responsibility, no greater privilege, than the raising of the next generation.” —C. Everett Koop
- “You don’t have to be famous. You just have to make your mother and father proud of you, and you already have.” —Meryl Streep
- “A person soon learns how little he knows when a child begins to ask questions.” —Richard L. Evans
- “Never let it be said that to dream is a waste of one’s time, for dreams are our realities in waiting. In dreams, we plant the seeds of our future.” —Unknown
- “I hope your dreams take you to the corners of your smiles, to the highest of your hopes, to the windows of your opportunities, and to the most special places your heart has ever known.” —Unknown
- “Set out each day believing in your dreams. Know without a doubt that you were made for great things.” —Josh Hinds
- “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” —Judy Garland
- “You must continue to dream the wild dream that you dreamed when you were young.” —Mike Tomlin
- “It is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.” —George Burns
Religious Graduation Quotes
Pass along the gift of faith to your graduate as he or she embarks on their spiritual journey.
- “‘For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” —Jeremiah 29:11
- “She is clothed in strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.” —Proverbs 31:25
- “God never said that the journey would be easy, but He did say that the arrival would be worthwhile.” —Max Lucado
- “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” —Philippians 4:13
- “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.” —Timothy 4:12
- Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.” —Proverbs 16:3
- “The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” —Deuteronomy 31:8
- “An unschooled man who knows how to meditate upon the Lord has learned far more than the man with the highest education who does not know how to meditate.” —Rev. Charles Stanley
- “Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” —Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “The purpose of human life is to improve one’s character traits, by working on oneself every day. That’s why God gives us today—and tomorrow.” —Sara Yoheved Rigler
- “The best remedy for those who are frightened, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be alone with the sky, nature and God. For only then can you feel that everything is as it should be and that God wants people to be happy amid nature’s beauty and simplicity.” —Anne Frank
- “All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.” —Dalai Lama
- “You start to live when you commit to a cause higher than yourself. You must learn to depend on divine power for the fulfillment of a higher calling.” —Lailah Gifty Akita
- “When you find yourself in need of spiritual nourishment, it is in the opportunities to serve others that you will find the abundance you seek.” —Steve Maraboli
Graduation Wishes for Son
Congratulate your son on his big day! Inspire his future success with one of these educational quotes.
- “Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.” —Albert Einstein
- “You don’t raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they’ll turn out to be heroes, even if it’s just in your own eyes.” —Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
- “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” —David Brinkley
- “Men are what their mothers made them.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “There are two lasting bequests we can give our children. One is roots. The other is wings.” —Hodding Carter, Jr.
- “If I have a monument in this world, it is my son.” —Maya Angelou
- “A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.” —Bob Dylan
- “There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.” —Christopher Morley
- “Give me a stock clerk with a goal, and I will give you a man who will make history. Give me a man without a goal, and I will give you a stock clerk.” —James Cash Penney
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” — Nelson Mandela
- “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” —Abraham Lincoln
- “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” —E. E. Cummings
- “A father is a man who expects his son to be as good a man as he meant to be.” —Frank A. Clark
- “A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.” —John C. Maxwell
- “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” —Thomas Jefferson
Graduation Wishes for Daughter
Your daughter is the light of your life. Show your love for her with a heartwarming quote.
- “I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.” —Emma Stone
- “Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women.” —Nora Ephron
- “She turned her can’ts into cans and her dreams into plans.” —Kobi Yamada
- “The best protection any woman can have is courage.” —Elizabeth Cady Stanton
- “And though she be but little, she is fierce.” —Shakespeare
- “Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be.” —Clementine Paddleford
- “All the dreams I prayed you’d be, are all the things you are. You were once my little girl, and now my shining star.” —Anonymous
- “You have what it takes to be a victorious, independent, fearless woman.” —Tyra Banks
- “Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” —Aristotle
- “She believed she could, so she did.” —R. S. Grey
- “You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.” —Brigham Young
- “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” —Michelle Obama
- “A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman.” —Melinda Gates
- “There’s something so special about a woman who dominates in a man’s world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer.” —Rihanna
- “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.” —Ayn Rand
Graduation Sayings for Cards
Can’t decide on the perfect thing to write? Choose from these quotes for a thoughtful, uplifting note perfect for all graduation announcements.
- “Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” —George Bernard Shaw
- “Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” —T. H. Huxley
- “I will encourage you not to just make a living, but to live to make something.” —Wesley Chan
- “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” —Aristotle
- “I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.” —Leonardo da Vinci
- “I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.” —Helen Keller
- “The horizon leans forward, offering you space to place new steps of change.” —Maya Angelou
- “Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.” —Malcolm S. Forbes
- “Nobody likes to fail, but failure is an essential part of life and of learning. If your uniform isn’t dirty, you haven’t been in the game.” —Ben Bernanke
- “Follow your arrow, wherever it points.” —Kacey Musgraves
- “Sometimes you find out what you are supposed to be doing by doing the things you are not supposed to do.” —Oprah Winfrey
- “If you’re willing to stand for what you believe in . . . you won’t need advice from me, because you will be able to handle whatever comes.” —Whoopi Goldberg
- “Don’t be trapped by dogma—which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.” —Steve Jobs
- “From my point of view, which is that of a storyteller, I see your life as already artful, waiting, just waiting and ready for you to make it art.” —Toni Morrison
- “Don’t be afraid of fear. Because it sharpens you, it challenges you, it makes you stronger; and when you run away from fear, you also run away from the opportunity to be your best possible self.” —Ed Helms
With the flurry of emotions your loved one is facing on graduation day, a simple quote could make all of the difference. Whether you find words that settle their nerves about embarking on a new path or give them the wisdom they need, you are sending an inspirational message. This is just the positive outlook your graduate should have when preparing for all of the new opportunities that await them. Don’t forget to include all of the important people who helped your grad along the way. If you need inspiration, check out our graduation announcement wording ideas for tips when sending out your announcements.