One of my husband Mike’s favorite television shows is “Pawn Stars,” which focuses on three generations of men who work in a Pawn shop – grandfather, son, and grandson.
The son owns the pawn shop. The owner’s son has a best friend who is also an employee at the shop.
Reflecting on these relationships gave me a Spiritual lesson on prayer.
You see, there is a difference in how the owner relates to his son versus how he relates to the employee. The owner’s son has rights and privileges that the employee will never have.
Even though the owner’s son works in the shop, the father has also given authority to him. The owner’s son has access to everything his father has!
This led me to a question: How many of us approach God in prayer as if we are just a employee and not His child?
It’s almost as if we think in our hearts, “I don’t know Him like that.” Because we aren’t secure in our position with God and right to ask, then our prayers are hindered.
But my prayer is that you gain confidence in your position, take the authority that God has given you, and operate in new levels of power so that your Father’s will is done on Earth as it is in Heaven!
Just yesterday, God shared with me a new way to look at my personal relationship with Him:
I am a Royal daughter who is working with her Father in the family business.”
The family business is to seek lost people and bring them to Jesus.
When you see yourself as working with your Father in the family business, not just as an employee or hired hand, then I believe it spurs you on to new levels of commitment. You take ownership of it because you have a share.
You have a vested interest in the business’ success because you know you have an inheritance coming. You treat your “customers” well. You ensure their needs are met. You ensure that you walk your talk so that you represent your Father well.
But what if there are hindrances that keep you from effectiveness in the family business? What if your Father’s competition wants to ruin the business? He is doing everything possible to keep you pre-occupied with lesser things so that the business fails.
This is a Clarion call for God’s children to wake up to the enemy’s schemes. Because we all have a share in the family business, we need to help each other get free from all hindrances to ensure the business’ success. How?
We need to pray for one another constantly for God to strengthen us with might in our inner man and to enlighten our Spiritual eyes. God can do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we ask or think according to the power that works within us!
In Galatians 5:1, we are exhorted:
“Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.”
I have written a prayer because I am believing for a supernatural move of God upon the hearts of His people. Scripture says that the righteous are as bold as a lion. These are times in which we need to be strong and courageous. Greater are those with us than with the enemy!
I am praying that we get free of whatever binds us so that we are able to serve in the family business with excellence and bring glory to our Father.
Here is my Freedom prayer:
Gracious heavenly Father, I come to You in the name of Jesus, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named. I come to You in praise for who you are. You are Holy. You are God Almighty. You are the One who Was, and Is, and Is to Come. You are worthy to receive glory, honor, and power. You created all things.
It is by your will that I was created and that I exist. You created me for good works before I was born so that I should walk in them. You desire that others will see my good works and glorify You. But Father, something is standing in the way of fulfilling Your will in my life.
You said that I have the right to come boldly to your throne of grace, where I may obtain mercy and find grace to help time of need. So I am coming boldly to you, Father, as Your child. I need Your help.
Your enemy wants to destroy me. He hates me because I love you. He hates me because I stand for righteousness and he wants wickedness to reign. He wants me to be in bondage to the cares of this world and the desires of my own flesh. Open up my Spiritual eyes today so that I can see his evil plans for me and those I love. Lead me not into temptation and deliver me from his evil plans.
I want your plans, Father because I know your plans are to prosper me and not to harm me. Your plans are to give me hope and a future.
Help me to know the authority I have in You to cancel any hold that your enemy has on me. He has no right to anything in my life. He has no authority over my mind, my body, my will, nor my emotions. With the authority you have given me in the name of Jesus, I cancel any foothold or stronghold that I have given him permission to create in my life.
I ask in the name of Jesus for forgiveness of any sins I’ve committed or those of my family that have opened the door for unclean spirits to wreck havoc in our lives. In the name of Jesus, I revoke all invitations, cast them out and nail the door shut!
Father, you said that a curse without a cause shall not alight; because Jesus has redeemed me from the curse of the law, then all current and generational curses are cancelled. My sin debt has been paid by the blood of the Lamb. Therefore the Blood covers my family, my finances, and my relationships. I am blessed!
Father, you said in Romans 8:14 that for as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. As your child, lead me with your Holy Spirit everyday so that I can grow in wisdom and power. Through your word, I receive riches, strength, honor, glory, and blessing so that I can fulfill your will in the family business.
Each day I take time to retreat, meditating on your goodness, grace, and mercy in my mind and heart. I know that you inhabit the praise of your children so I will bless you at all times and your praise shall be in my mouth continually.
In your presence is fullness of joy and at your right hand pleasures forevermore. Now I go forth in joy and freedom, in awareness of my authority and identity in You. Thank you Father. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Be blessed in health, healing, and wholeness,
Creator of the ‘Take Back Your Temple’ program
P.S. Are you ready to grow stronger Spiritually and heal emotionally as you reach your “feel good” weight? Let the Take Back Your Temple program be your guide. God’s way is change from the inside out and once you are changed His way, you are never the same!
Click here to learn more about the Take Back Your Temple program
In the process of getting freedom in Christ Jesus, it can at times be necessary to separate from Human spirits/souls. They are different than demons or heavenly beings. However, their anchors and influences can go extremely deep if they have been established through technology or rituals. This prayer is a modified version of the Principality Prayer. There is a part that is in brackets and italicized. This part can be omitted if you want a more gentle separation.
- Father in heaven I come before you in the mighty name of Jesus Christ and I renounce ___________________ and serve (him/her) a bill of divorce. I pull up the hidden documents detailing every covenant, contract and oath entangling us and command that they be stamped with the blood of Jesus.
- In the name of Jesus, I pray that your heavenly hosts would be put on assignment to place every (alter/part in me) that is loyal to ________________ on temporary lock-down. I pray that those parts would be put to sleep.
- I now deed ____________________’s territory in me over to the kingdom of God and I invite you, Lord Jesus, to take the throne and begin to rule over this territory with your rod of iron.
- In the name of Jesus I now bind all gatekeepers and discover each and every portal access point belonging to _______________________, (his/her) realm and (his/her) inheritance.
- I place the blood of Jesus upon every portal access point and I seal them with the Holy Spirit. I declare that they are put to sleep and permanently deactivated from this point in time forward.
- I take the sword of the Spirit which is the word of God and I cut myself free from ___________________, (his/her) realm and (his/her) inheritance in Jesus’ name.
- I return every form of counterfeit inheritance inclusive of promised wealth, position, status, calling, ability, power, pride, favors, seed, and any other form of counterfeit inheritance in Jesus’ name. I refuse it and sever myself from it and from this point in time forward I choose to receive my inheritance in Jesus Christ. I renounce all spirit children related to _________________ and undo all quantum entanglements involved in their creation. I command their judgment, and the purging of the realms they occupy by judgment through living water. I also reclaim every part of me that has been imprisoned by ______________________ or in realms related to (him/her).
- I release forgiveness by faith to _______________ for the evil that (he/she) has done against me. I also discover every part that is a composite of genetic components held together by a cord that binds. I declare that the cords are cut and that each part is separated into its components. I retain my parts and surrender those that do not belong to me. I command your heavenly hosts to bind every part of _____________ in me and take (him/her) where (he/she) belongs now.
- I now take authority over every evil spirit on the inside of me and around me that has been operating under the authority of ___________________. I declare that you are discovered, apprehended, bound, pierced through, and thrust out of me for judgment. I declare that you are being sent to the abyss for failed assignment.
- Lastly, I pray that every spiritual object, tattoo, device, label, marker, power source, grid, or branding placed in or around every part of me by _______________ or those under (his/her) authority would be consumed in the holy fire of Jesus Christ and totally dissolved. Amen.
Freedom prayer is a method of prayer that frees a person from bondage and brings the peace of Christ into their heart.It is God’s desire for His children to know the transforming truth of Christ in the places in their heart where they have believed lies. “You will know the truth and the truth will set you free”Lies transformed into truth in our hearts result in inner peace and freedom from negative emotions and harmful and sinful behavior caused by those negative emotions. “Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place.” Psalm 51:6Our present circumstances are not the cause of our ongoing emotional struggles. (I am just a worrier-I have a temper)An encounter with Jesus and His Holy Spirit speaking truth into lies that have been believed transforms us. We have a God who speaks. “my sheep hear my voice and I know them and they follow me” John 10:27
WE FEEL WHAT WE BELIEVE!
This is the natural process of association that God designed our mind to make.God created us with emotion—Jesus’ emotions are evident throughout the scripture. “Jesus wept”Emotions are the detectives to determine our beliefs.Painful feelings come from lies. Our circumstances trigger the lie and the emotion comes forward.
“Emotional struggles are based on lies.”
“A Bible verse in the mind will not trump a lie in the heart!”
“Bitterness and unforgiveness comes from holding onto a lie.”
“Emotional struggles are based on lies.”
“Lies don’t make sense and they drive us!”