Here, we have a prayer for family to ask for God’s help in strengthening a family’s bond. Sometimes, members of our families can be the cause of a lot of stress and worry.
Bring them closer to yourself, and God with this family prayer.
Table of contents
- 1 Prayer to Keep Family Together
- 2 Bible Verses about Family
- 3 Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer for Family”
- 4 Recent prayer requests…
- 5 Prayer for Family Unity
- 6 Prayer for Protection Over Family Members
- 7 Prayer for a Troubled Family Relationship
- 8 Prayer for Grandchildren
- 9 Prayer for Your Family’s Strength
- 10 Prayer for a Healthy Pregnancy
- 11 Verses:
- 12 Prayers for family members problems and strength
Prayer to Keep Family Together
Say this prayer to help bring your family closer together. Make sure to say the names of any family member you want included in the prayer. Your husband (or wife), sons, daughters, father or mother.
Use this prayer, and write your own at the bottom of this page.
A Prayer for Family
Please shine your light upon my family.
Give us strength to overcome all of the
difficulties that we are dealing with now
and protect us against any and all problems
we may encounter in the future.
O Lord, please bring us together as we
are meant to be. May the love that binds
us only grow stronger as we fulfill the destiny
you have laid out for us.
Grant my family forgiveness for any sins we
have committed. May we also forgive one
another Lord, as it is sometimes difficult to do.
Bless us Lord,
In your name I pray, Amen
Bible Verses about Family
“For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.”
Check out what the bible has to say about family with these Bible Verses.
Family is an important part of one’s life, and is also very important to God. From Adam and Eve onward, God made humans to be together with love to guide and support one another. Through prayer we can make our families stronger.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer for Family”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Healing- Jesus heal my family as we deal with the loss of a baby. Ones who are in jail or in trouble with the law.Ones are… …
- God’s Divine Intervention- Dear God, Please help my husband and me with work. …
- Special prayer for our family- I am Priyanka,I got married a year ago and we are blessed with a beautiful healthy baby girl,so far she is healthy and fine by… …
- God’s Divine Intervention- Dear Abba, I know I belong to you. Please help me get through this Day. …
- Protection for children and family- Prayers for my children, husband and I; my family. Protection, wisdom, grace, mercy. Attacks from the enemy on our minds and coming into our home.… …
- Prayer for my work and husband- Pray for my husband and business. …
- Prayer for a Godly home change my husband and children- I want my fiance n children to know u and serve u. I want to receive the holy spirit i want to speak in the… …
- God’s Divine Intervention- Dear Abba, I know I belong to you. Please help my husband and I with our stomach problems and our jobs. …
- Rest for the weary- My family has had its share of trauma this year.One grandson shot his brother (he’s paralyzed from the waist down)this one that got shot assaulted… …
- Get my dad out of jail- Please let my dad out of jail tonight or tomorrow please Lord we need him here for everything he means the world to use please… …
- Family turning against me- God I pray for my family who have turned against me ,they hates me for standing for the truth. …
- Pray For My Grandma- Please pray for my grandma, Mary Lee. She’s in her 80s and has Alzheimer’s. Last week she was falling and having trouble standing properly. Friday… …
- Pray for my unborn baby- Please pray that my baby will be ok. I am only 8 weeks and I was doing terrible things before I found out. Drinking, drugs,… …
- God’s Divine Intervention- Dear Lord, I boldly come to you seeking your assistance at work. I am trying to be a good Christian. I promise you that I… …
- Family Needs- I need God’s help to pay my basic bills of rent, car payment , car insurance etc. I am the wife of a family of… …
- God give me good health and strength- God, thank you for the many blessings. Please take care of my family, my relatives my church family, and my friends. Thank you for your… …
- My son- Please pray for my son Abe, he got arrested last night for drug charge. Praying and pleading for God’s intervention. …
- Want to stop being homeless and worries if parents passaway- I am currently homeless and worries that if my parents pass away what am I going to do as I am depending on them. I… …
- Me and my 5 children- I have 5 kids. We live in small 3 bedroom apartment low income suppose to be. We pay high rent. I need lots of prayers… …
- Peace and financial breakthrough- Lord, please help us to have a financial breakthrough in our family. Our debts and financial problems are always causing arguments and robbing the peace… …
More prayers posted in: Family
Family Unity. It is a treasure to us all, and something very precious to each of us. The Lord blesses us with family members to lead, counsel, love and take care of, and in exchange, our family does the same for us. Praying for our family is something we should do daily. Whether someone you love needs God’s grace in a hard situation, or you simply want to bless his or her walk in life through our Lord Jesus Christ.
If the need for prayer and protection for your family and loved ones is what you are seeking most, whether in your own life, or in the life of someone you love, let us pray for you at the holiest place on earth, the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. We have faith that sending your prayer to the place where our Lord Jesus Christ gave his life for us will help your request be granted! It is our honor and privilege to be a prayer warrior for you, and to ask the Lord to watch over you, protect you, and keep you, always. Please submit your prayer request today.
They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.” Acts 16:31
Prayer for Family Unity
Lord, I want to thank You for this precious family of mine. For the talents and good things that You have given each of us. Please keep us united, and our bond strong as the days pass. Please guide us, protect us and equip us to do Your will each and every day. Thank You for all that You are, and all that You have given us. My heart is forever grateful!
Prayer for Protection Over Family Members
Lord, I ask for protection and safety over my spouse, my children, my parents, my family members and myself today. Please lead us with Your mighty hands today and always. Deliver us from any enemy and evil that try to hinder our way. Do not let the ways of the enemy blind our eyes. We know that You are for us, so that no one could ever stop us. Please watch over us and guide us all safely throughout this day, so that we may all arrive safely back home, Father. Amen.
Prayer for a Troubled Family Relationship
Heavenly Father, there is a war going on in the souls of many of my family members. I will not be silent about this, and I pray that you will look after them. I also come to you today to pray for the salvation of my family as well. Lord, may my family know You. I pray that they will learn to crave You just as I do. I pray that they will learn to stand strong in the face of trials and tribulations in life. When people knock them down, I pray that they stand up even stronger in You than ever before. I pray that they show love instead of revenge on those who do not agree with them. Give me strength to persevere through any troubles that come my way today. It is time to rise above the sin that comes at me and to that of my family members. It is in Your precious name I pray these things.
Prayer for Grandchildren
Heavenly Father, You have blessed me with precious grandchildren, and I am ever so grateful! I pray for these little souls, Lord. I also want to thank you for my own children. I have raised them up to praise You, and to look to You in all things. I lift up my grandchildren to You today, Lord. These little ones are precious gems in Your eyes, as well as in mine, and that of our family. Please watch over them each and every day. Keep them safe, and guide them in all that they do. I ask these things in Your precious name. Amen.
Prayer for Your Family’s Strength
Please shine your light upon my family today, Lord. Give us strength to overcome all of the difficulties that we are currently dealing with, and protect us against any and all problems we may encounter in future days. Lord, please bring us together as we are meant to be. May the love that binds us only grow stronger as we fulfill the path and desires You have laid out before each of us. Grant my family forgiveness for any sins we have committed against one another. Amen.
Prayer for a Healthy Pregnancy
Thank you Father for the little baby that is about to be born. Lord, I pray that You would protect this unborn child that is being knit together in his/her mother’s womb, and I pray Lord that You would give grace for a safe and healthy delivery at the right time.
May this baby grow up to know and love the Lord Jesus, which will make him/her wise unto salvation. I pray for Your protection and grace for this little baby who is shortly to take his/her place in this world, and I ask that he/she may grow in wisdom and understanding. Guard and protect both mother and child as the day for delivery draws ever closer, and keep them from all the perils and uncertainties in this journey. Amen.
“I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.” 1 Corinthians 1:10
“How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!” Psalm 133:1
“A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.” Proverbs 17:17
Our family needs Your help today. We need Your peace, tranquility and an end to the discord. Please pour Your spirit upon us and continue to show us that peace is an embodiment that can only come through complete love, Christ’s love. As we lift our family strife to You, I ask that You please replace our disharmony with hope, compassion, and an abundance of blessings.
Give us strength and compassion to understand each other, wisdom and love to help each other, and the trust and patience we need to live peacefully together. Father please show us how to become a holy family … a family that works together as one … a family that embraces peace and love … a family whose members are dedicated to each other and to You. Through the Holy Spirit, Father, please sustain us and shine Your light as You lovingly guide us and our family through this season. In Jesus’ precious and mighty name. Amen.
Prayers for family members are prayers for keeping a family together and safe. It is a prayer we say to ask God for help to solve family members problems and to strengthen your family. Sometimes our family members can be the cause of distraction and worry. Some your family members don’t have a personal relationship with God, so your prayer for these family members is essential. Remember the words of pop John Paul II: “A family that prays together stays together”.
Prayers for family members problems and strength
Heavenly Father I thank you for the family I am born into. I thank you that it is the greatest choice you made for me. I ask that you keep my family from all forms of evil in Jesus. God, I pray that your presence never departs from my family and that your purpose for my family be established. Let my family solve all the problems we face. May the plan of the devil to steal, kill and destroy never succeed against any member of my family. I declare that in my family everyone will grow in the knowledge of the Lord. God, I pray for strength to my family members. In Jesus name. Amen.
Our scriptural reference for importance of family prayer is taken from Joshua 24:15: “But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord”.
Joshua said to the Israelites, as for me and my household we shall serve the Lord because he knew the great benefits that lie in one’s relationship with the Lord. Beloved, if indeed you love your family you will know that organizing of special prayers for your family members will go a long way to help them. It’s long way to know the Lord and to have His divine purpose fulfilled.
Also 1 Corinthians 7:14, shows us the power of prayers for family members. It teaches us that we can by prayer help to seek of sanctification of our unbelieving spouse.
Do you know that even Jesus our Lord, while he was on earth, prayed to God over certain issues? (Hebrews 5:7-8). It shows us how powerful prayer. It’s cleat that we need to include a special prayer for family members in our daily routine.
Two major reasons why we must say prayers for family members:
- They are our loved ones.
- It is important that we pray for our family members. Then the Lord could protect them from the devil’s attack that can make them become a major source of distraction to us. In the Bible, we see how Abraham involved in a war with five kings because he wanted to rescue Lot from their bondage.
In special prayer for family members we shall be taking our prayer points from the passages of the Bible. Since the Bible is the word of God, there is no way one will prayer wrongly in accordance to it. Prayer is the involvement of the hand of God in making what we want to become possible. When God gets involved, it becomes easy to solve the problems, to get the result we desire.
- I command all the threefold assignment of the devil written in John 10:10 never succeed against my family in Jesus name.
- Like Joshua I confess that both I and the members of my family will serve the Lord in Jesus name.
- Heavenly father I pray that you preserve my family from making wrong choices capable of causing untimely death in any way in Jesus name (Ruth 1:1-5).
- Isaiah 54:13 O God according to your word, teach my children the way of salvation and let their peace be great in Jesus name (Isaiah 54:13).
- I rebuke the spirit of untimely death from my family and call that the promise of God for long life be made manifest upon every member of my family in Jesus name (Psalms 91:16).
- According to your word of God in the book of Ephesians 3:14-15 the name of my family springs from you let it be impossible for evil powers to destroy my family in Jesus name.
- O God expose by fire every serpent-like person sent to disorganize my family in Jesus name.
Read also: PRAYER POINTS FOR THE FAMILY