Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your grace which You so generously, and continuously, bless us with. You are worthy of all praise and all glory.
I lift my hands in humble worship and adoration. Bless and empower my words and thoughts today, O Lord that they may be pleasing to you, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Romans 12:9-10 Don’t just pretend that You love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Stand on the side of the good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.
1 Peter 4:8 Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.
Table of contents
Guide and direct our relationship
I pray that You continue to guide our footsteps and our lives as we walk in agreement, according to Your will.
I trust that our new relationship is a blessing from You, O Lord and I pray that You guide us and show us what we need to know.
Open the eyes of my heart, Father God, and reveal anything that is not of You. May I not go into this relationship love-blind but rather spirit-wise.
Proverbs 13:20 He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.
Corinthians 6:14 “Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?”
Draw us closer
Bless our relationship and draw us both even closer to You and to your will for our lives. May I never be unequally yoked.
Lord, teach and guide us that we will always seek You first in everything we do. May our love be fill with genuine affection and may we honor each other at all times.
1 Peter 3:7 In the same way, You husbands must give honor to Your wives. Treat her with understanding as You live together. She may be weaker than You are, but she is Your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. If You don’t treat her as You should, Your prayers will not be heard.
Proverbs 31:10,11 Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is worth more than precious rubies. Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life.
Bond us together
Bless our lives in our journey together and fill us with Your Glory. May we be bonded together, Lord, in the type of love Your Son Jesus showed on the cross.
Let our lives be a wonderful reflection of Your grace, as we abide in it forever. In Jesus’ name, I humbly pray, Amen.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
May these relationship prayers help you to build a full, healthy, and warm relationship with your significant other, or help you find romance.
We also provide links for prayers to help you with other relationships.
Prayer to Heal a Relationship
“Almighty God, hear this prayer.”
Dear Lord, I offer you this prayer, to help me with my current relationship situation. Please take away all the pain and hurt in my heart. Fill it with love, joy, patience, and understanding.
Bless me and my partner, so that we may never surrender to whatever challenges that come our way. Fill our hearts with love for each other, and may you make each one of us realize each other’s worth. Please touch the heart of my partner,fill it with much love for me.
Make our complicated relationship become uncomplicated. I seek for your mercy and blessing that you may allow us to spend the rest of our lives with each other. Please make this feeling mutual for both of us. Lead us not into temptations. Guide us wherever we go. Always put us in each other’s heart and mind. Thank you Lord for hearing my prayer.
I love you. Amen.
Rekindling a Relationship
Miscommunication in a Marriage
Dear Lord, you know what path I am on right now and that I am in agony. I am having a disharmony in my married life. You have instituted marriage since You found that it is not good for man to be alone.
I deeply believe that You have given me this person to love and to hold for the rest of my days. The Bible has taught me that a threefold cord is not quickly broken. Come and be with us, Lord, for only You can make two broken hearts understand each other. You are the King of Peace and I know You are able to change any sad situation in my life.
Father, I know it is Your will that we should lead a loving and peaceful life with one another. Hear me, dear god, to fill us both with more love and to understand each other better to bring unity to our relationship. Help me become more understand to my partner’s needs and feelings.
Grant me wisdom that I may know how to deal with this unlikely situation so I can build a house in Your glory. In Jesus’ name I pray, O Lord. Amen.
Read: Prayers for Forgiveness
Prayer for Family Unity
Dear God, thank you for the gift of family that you have given me. You know my heart hurts because of the disharmony in my family. I have lost my peace and my health because of the messy situation in our home.
I have no one to turn to but You, Lord. You alone can understand the hearts of Your followers as You have created each and every one of us. Only You can bring together the hearts of Your men together. Help me forgive other family members, O Lord. Let my family not defile Your name by this disunity. Help us forgive one another of the mistakes we have done to each other and bring us back together in Your name, Father God.
Fill each one of us with your love and understand so we can fully exalt Your name in glory. I know that you will bring back the peace and unity that was once present in our home. I ask this in the precious name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen.
Prayers for Finding Love
Finding someone to love can be difficult. This prayer will help guide you on the path to true love.
Prayer to Find a Companion
“Almighty God, hear this prayer.”
Almighty God, hear this relationship prayer.
As You are first in my heavenly heart and mind and spirit,
so do I desire a companion for my earthly heart and mind and being.
Guide me to the partner You know is perfect for me.
Help me walk in faith until that time of our first meeting.
Show me how I can become a partner worthy of love.
Then guide me through every stage of our relationship, so that,
as we move ever closer to You, we grow closer to each other in Love, in Joy, and in Faith.
Thank You God, for hearing my prayer.
Prayer to Find a Life Partner
Heavenly Father, You created this world and all its inhabitants. You found that man is not good to be alone. I pray this to You, O Lord, that I am in need of a partner for my life.
You have showed us in the Bible that finding the right partner made numerous couples live a happy life. Bless me, Father, that I may build a family like theirs. I believe, Lord, that You do not deny Your children their joy and happiness.
I pray that the loneliness in my heart will be gone soon. I pray this to You, O Lord. Amen.
Scripture About Relationships and Love
“There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.”
See what the Bible has to say about it, check out these Bible Verses about Relationships, and Bible Verses about Love.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayer for Relationship and Prayer Request”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Mother/daughter- Please pray for my ex-wife and our daughter’s relationship with each other to be renewed with a repectful, considerate, and lovingly mature attitude. They need… …
- For my life to be blessed- I would like to be assisted by pray to get a serious relationship partner. …
- Family and relationships- I want God to bring love into my family and bless me with a good man who will marry me someday. …
- Employment,relationship- Need job that can be connected to the work of God and help me grow in the things of God. Also I need a godly… …
- Sons- My prayer is for my sons and grandsons to be happy, healthy and wealthy. May they find their way in life unhindered and be shown… …
- Break insecurity- Dear God help me to be strong and remove any insecurity I have in my heart soul and mind. Help me to let go and… …
- Santification- Get closer to God. …
- Relationship and health- I pray that you would stand in the gap for this request, I am a widow and been in a relationship for 3 years and… …
- My love- Please bring him back to me lord Oh lord please bring us back to one another I’m in pain I’m missing him and I think… …
- Someone To Love- I’m asking for someone that will love me unconditionally for a lifetime. I want to experience that type of love. Amen …
- Life long companion- Dear God, Thank you for all the blessing bestowed upon me and for the loving family that I have. I pray that you help me… …
- Trust of love- Praying that God shows me a sign or gives me strength to believe and trust in the man that says he loves me. For he… …
- Prayer for Kirin- I have a granddaughter who is transgender and expresses suicidal thoughts way too often. My prayer is for Kirin to be filled with the Holy… …
- Relationship direction- I meer a good man 3mnths ago? A divorcee,he said he want a baby, yet we havnt tlkes abt dowry, l dnt want to be… …
- Love of my life- I just feel the love myself Angela had is really in trying time now I wish you could help me with prayers so we could… …
- Prayer for boyfriend to return to me- Dear Heavenly Father I thank you for all the blessings in my life.Father my mate has abandoned me again, like he always does when we… …
- Move pass unhealthy relationship and break any soul ties- Please pray that my heart will really let go of unhealthy relationship that i have had on and off for five years. That I won’t… …
- Precious lord help me- Please god i see so many prayers on here for people hurting and losing loves. I am not going to post a prayer for me… …
- Let him see the light- I prayed my boyfriend of 6 years who we live together in the same house and have a daughter, that he see the important of… …
- Forgiveness- Please pray for my husband and good friend Bo. I hurt his feelings with harsh words out of my mouth. I have sincerely repented to… …
More prayers posted in: Devotional
Relationships. They fill our hearts full, provide support and camaraderie, and give us all manner of things to help carry us through life’s difficulties. But when there are misunderstandings within our relationships, we may find ourselves feeling at a loss for what to do. I think most of us could say that relationships can be the best and the worst, a stress reliever on many occasions, but sadly, during misunderstandings, they can create much inner turmoil.
As women who love Jesus, we should be compelled to love others like He does, but that doesn’t often come easily, and this calls for a lot of prayer. Even the easy relationships should have our payer attention because we have an enemy that wants to tear us apart.
Prayer can heal our relationships and give us direction when we feel at a loss about how to continue. It can help us understand a situation and keep us going when we don’t. Through prayer, God will hold us close when we are hurting, and He’ll not turn us away. Prayer undoes things inside of us so we can move forward in spite of misunderstandings. In prayer, Jesus walks before us, behind us, and right alongside us, all at the same time. God is working in our relationships in ways we can’t see. He is working in especially powerful ways when we pray.
In prayer, Jesus walks before us, behind us, and right alongside us, all at the same time.Click To Tweet
One of the most powerful ways we can pray is to repeat Scriptures. My challenge to you (and me) this week is that we would spend time praying consistently over our relationships. Below are some suggestions about how to begin praying over your relationships. Each topic includes a Bible verse so that you can pray God’s words right back to Him.
• Pray that God will deepen your relationships.
Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins. (1 Peter 4:8, NLT)
• Pray that God will help you love well.
Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace. (Ephesians 4:2-3, NLT)
• Pray that God will give you wisdom and help you think clearly about your relationships. Ask Him to reveal to you any thoughts or perspectives within yourself that might need to change. We can’t change another person, but with God’s help, we can change ourselves.
Teach us to number our days carefully so that we may develop wisdom in our hearts.(Psalm 90:12, HCSB)
• Pray that God will help you communicate with compassion in your relationships. This is the key that opens the door to understanding in all situations.
A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. (Proverbs 15:1, NKJV)
• In your broken relationships, pray for healing. This may or may not involve rekindling a relationship because sometimes parting is best, but God can heal and bring forgiveness in each of you either way.
Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you. (Ephesians 4:32, NASB)
• Pray that God will help you be faithful to your friendship during times of misunderstanding and adversity.
So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity. (Colossians 3:12-14, NASB)
Remember, prayer changes things! Prayer changes us from the inside out and invites God to work in our lives and the lives of those around us. Cover your relationships with prayer this week, and you can rest assured that Jesus goes before you. He is not only working in your heart, but He is preparing the heart of your friend in regards to what needs to happen for your relationship to deepen or be healed. Be watchful for the little things. Big changes happen one small step at a time!
Prayer undoes things inside of us so we can move forward in spite of misunderstandings.Click To Tweet
*You’ll find the verses above in a Scripture card version and as an infographic inside our Resource Library. You can download this printable and put in in your prayer notebook, or you could cut them cards out and carry them with you as you go about your day. Taking these verses with you is a creative way to practice praying continually. Subscribe to the Resource Library in the sidebar to get access to all our free prayer helps. You can also subscribe HERE.
You’ll find each of the verses above linked to their appropriate page over at Bible Hub where you can find many free resources for further study. Just click on the verse reference!
What Bible verses help you in dealing with difficult relationships? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below!
Heavenly Father, we come before You now asking you to help us be faithful to prayer for our relationships. You have not created us to live life alone. We ask for deepening relationships, and in our difficult relationships, we ask for healing. Help us to wait patiently while You work. Give us a heart of wisdom. Help us to look inside to see where we may need to change so that our relationships can be better. In Jesus name, Amen.
Come back next week to meet my friend, Jill McCormick. She does such a fantastic job breaking down relationship issues. I can’t wait to share her insights with you!
The post, 6 Powerful Verse to Pray over Your Relationships, first appeared at www.journeytoimperfect.com.
This post will be shared in the following places. For more encouragement, click on the links!
Moments of Hope / Tell His Story / Cheerleaders of Faith / Coffee for Your Heart /Messy Marriage / Sitting Among Friends / Live Free Thursday / Chasing Community / Salt and Light / Heart Encouragement Thursday / Grace and Truth