Have you ever needed supernatural strength to face a situation head-on, but not known what to pray? God is waiting and wants to offer us strength in time of need. Do not be afraid to pray and ask God for His strength to fall upon you! When you are weak, weary or unready to stand, and unsure of what to ask, pray along with these words!
Table of contents
A Prayer for Strength
Lord, I’m weary. My energy is sagging, and my motivation is lagging. And I am so in need of you. I need your strength and your fresh touch to get back on track again. Your Word says the joy of the Lord is my strength. If that’s true, then I need your joy to replace all the bone-tired parts of my mind, body, and soul.
The pressures of life sometimes push me into a corner, rendering me helpless to move forward. A hundred voices call my name, and I feel paralyzed at times to answer, not knowing where to turn. Lord, help me not to quit, to keep running the race faithfully, and to find strength in that safe, secret place of yours, under the shadow of the Almighty.
I need your strength to say no when I’m tempted to surrender to harmful things, or when selfishness clings to my clothes and won’t let go. I need your strength to say yes, when cowardice and fear nudge me to deny the convictions of my heart. I need your strength to reach out in love to those both close to me and all around me. When don’t I need your strength, God?
You are my rock, and I run to you today, believing that you will lift up my heavy arms, that you will fuel me for the tasks you’ve given me, and that your joy will completely consume the weakness of my life and make me strong again. I don’t want to stay grounded, crippled by limitations and failed attempts. I’m tired of feeble efforts. Lord, I want to mount up with wings like an eagle and not just fly. I want to soar.
Renew my strength, Lord. Fill me with your supernatural power to overcome each obstacle in my path. With my eyes on you, Lord, with you walking beside me, working through me, I can make it. Thank you, Lord!
In Jesus’s name, Amen
A Prayer for Strength and Encouragement
Lord, like David, I need your encouragement in a time of trial and anguish. Thank you that you are always on the throne, always my God, ready to save. Thank you for being the same God to me that you were to David. Thank you for always being near and always rescuing me from my fears and hurts. Lord, help me remember that daybreak might be just ahead, that this trial will not last forever. Fill me with hope that daybreak is coming and that your love will always prevail! In Jesus’ Name, Amen!
~ A Good Thing Devotional
A Prayer for Strength to Endure
Lord, I am weary and don’t know when this “race” will end in my life. I feel like I’ve been running forever, trying to outrun this trial. Help me to stop trying to outrun my pain but rather run with endurance the race you have set before me. I know that because of you I am ultimately a victor over the trials in my life. I know that nothing in this world can separate me from your steadfast love. Please give me a measure of your love today; give me the strength to endure this trial. Thank you for your love for me that never ends! And thank you for the crown of joy that awaits me forever in your Kingdom!
~ Adrian Rogers, Love Worth Finding
What are you praying for strength for today? Join our large praying community in the comments below and experience the power, hope, and comfort of being joined in prayer!
Here are more Prayers for Strength when you need God to lift you up in hard times!
Additional Prayer Resources
Here is a collection of some of our favorite Bible verses about the promises of God’s strength. May these give you hope and encouragement to persevere with a bold confidence! Find the complete list at BibleStudyTools.com’s Scripture page.
- “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” ~ Isaiah 40:29
- “those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” ~ Isaiah 40:31
- “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9
- “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” ~ Psalm 46:1
- “The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.” ~ Psalm 28:7-8
Rebecca Barlow Jordan is an inspirational author, speaker, and passionate follower of Jesus who loves to encourage others heart to heart. She has written 11 books and over 1700 other articles, greeting cards, and other inspirational pieces. Her daily devotional Daily in Your Presence is available for delivery through Crosswalk.com. You can find out more about Rebecca at www.rebeccabarlowjordan.com.
Publication date: August 4, 2015, Updated: January 22,2018
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for GuidanceIntercessory PrayerPrayer for PeacePrayer for FaithPrayer for Love
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer, read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.
Hope is what gives us a reason to continue in life and as a Christian, a follower of Jesus Christ, the son of God, you will never lack it. Hope is something that He can provide, ensuring that you are always strong and with a reason to follow Him.
However, there will be times when you feel low. You may not understand what the reason is behind the difficult times you are facing. When the obstacles are all around, prayers for hope can help you move forward.
Remember that God will never give you more than you can handle. Remember also to turn to the Lord when things become unbearable and when you feel like there’s no hope left.
He will give you the hope you need and provide you with the strength to carry on. His everlasting love is all you will ever need. Bask in the hope that the Lord provides and you will make it through.
Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
With faith, I want you to say these words with me…
Prayer for Hope and Strength
Sweet Jesus, I come before you with my heart heavy. I ask for Your help. I lack hope. Lord, please grant me Your eternal hope. Father, without You, I am nothing and without You, I cannot face these obstacles.
Lord Jesus, when I lose hope, help me to remember that your love is greater than all my disappointments and your plan for my life is better than my dreams.
Lord, fill me with hope. Give me a continuous reminder that hope is an unbreakable spiritual lifeline that need not decrease.
Gracious lord, help me also to be a light of Hope to those who are in need, to be an example of your love and mercy and to tell others of your great grace and glory. Amen.
Prayer is one of our greatest gifts from God. Prayers can be used to heal, protect and encourage Christians in times of tribulation or help others in need. They can be used to serve and obey God. Prayers can be used in spiritual warfare against the enemy that seeks to destroy us. They can be used to help make difficult decisions and help us fight temptations to sin. There are countless applications of prayer in a Christian’s life but here we want to focus on prayer for hope and faith, peace and strength, how it can instantly lift you out of the darkest of places.
The more you open up and share with God the more He will reveal His will for your life
Here you will find a handful of prayers of hope, faith, strength and peace that have helped me and it is my prayers they will help you start a personal conversation with God.
Short prayer for hope
My Father and My God! I need you! What can I do without you? Where can I go, what can I accomplish? I am genuinely powerless and need your help. Give me hope and faith. Show me the path. Protect and guard me. This prayer I send in the Mighty name of my King of Kings, Jesus Christ. Amen.
Short prayer for strength
My Lord! I’m so weak and discouraged to stand the situation in my life. God, please give me some strength only you have. Make me be able to hold and take all the trials I face in my life. Lord, please never let me stay alone, be always with me. In the name of Jesus. Amen.
Short prayer for peace
God, there is chaos in my heart and my life. I am filled with fear and hesitation. So I really need the peace back to my life. I know, my God, that only you can give it. Please listen to my humbled heart; I so want to find rest in you. In the name of Jesus. Amen.
Short prayer for faith
Dear Lord, help me not to lose faith. Give me the ability to see, hear and trust you. Help me never to lose faith in hard situations of my life. Please let me know that you are always with me, that you care about me, that you support me. Don’t let me hesitate, but make me stay strong in my faith. In the name of Jesus. Amen.
When Jesus walked the Earth He consistently demonstrated a healthy prayer life. In fact, His example is what we should strive for never loosing hope. The night He was taken into custody Jesus went into the Garden of Gethsemane (Matthew 26:36-56) where He told the disciples His “soul was very sorrowful, even unto death” (verse 38). If anyone in History needed prayer for hope and strength it was Jesus in that moment. Being fully God He knew what was coming and still wanted to work within the will of the Father. So He prayed. We do not know everything He said in that prayer but we do know He returned to the disciples after one hour of praying (verse 40). And then, went back to pray some more (verse 42).
Prayer for hope and faith from Bible
Here are an example of prayer for hope and faith, which is inspired by the events detailed in Mark 4:35-40:
Father, I want to thank you for all of the blessings you have bestowed upon me, I am not worthy and yet your grace says I am. Your Son Jesus, my Lord and my King, are with me but sometimes Father I feel so alone. Please Father, lift me up in your righteous right hand. Give me hope that there is light waiting for me, even though I see nothing but darkness. Father, my life is in turmoil, and I am surrounded by stormy waters, and yet all I can think is that Jesus sleeps calmly in the front of the boat. Give me the hope and faith Father that He is with me always. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
This is not to say you have to memorize scripture or be an expert in Biblical knowledge to pray to God (although those are both good things). In fact, often the best prayers are when you cry out to God and empty your heart and soul laying your troubles at the foot of the cross.
Pray and never lose hope
Today most Christians probably spend less than an hour a week praying. Some people are not sure how to pray or what to say… but truthfully prayer is like anything else. The more you do it, the better you become. The more you open up and share with God the more He will reveal His will for your life. When I am feeling down, sad, worn out, stressed or just plain fed up I cry out to God. I say a prayer for hope, faith, peace and strength. It always helps.
One of the greatest chapters in all of scripture is found in the Psalms of David specifically Psalm 51. In these verses David cries out to God in a desperate plea for help… yet another great example of prayer for hope that God answered in glorious ways. When you pray to God He promises that He will hear your prayers (1 John 5:14). You just have to ask. Spend more time with God today in prayer, ask for what is on your heart and see how God responds in your life. Be filled with hope over things to come.
Also read: PRAYER FOR GUIDANCE
Below is a prayer for hope and faith. Often times, life can overwhelm us. We feel desperate and distant from god. It is during these times that we need hope most of all.
Remember that God is always with you. Guiding your actions even when you don’t feel his presence.
Submit a prayer request below. By praying together, we can all feel the comfort of the Lord together.
A Prayer for Hope
Heavenly father, I am your humble servant,
I come before you today in need of hope.
There are times when I fell helpless,
There are times when I feel weak.
I pray for hope.
I need hope for a better future.
I need hope for a better life.
I need hope for love and kindness.
Some say that the sky is at it’s
darkest just before the light.
I pray that this is true, for all seems dark.
I need your light, Lord, in every way.
I pray to be filled with your light from
head to toe. To bask in your glory.
To know that all is right in the world,
as you have planned, and as you want
it to be.
Help me to walk in your light, and live
my life in faith and glory.
In your name I pray, Amen.
Bible Verses About Hope and Joy
“He who goes out weeping, bearing the seed for sowing, shall come home with shouts of joy, bringing his sheaves with him.”
Whenever i’m feeling hopeless, I turn to the scriptures. There are many passages that inspire and encourage myself when i’m feeling down. Get Inspired, check out these Bible Verses about Joy
Get Hope by Praying with Others
Write your own prayer request below and help pray for others who are in similar circumstances. Together, with God, we can live lives of strength, faith and hope.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer for Hope”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- I need help from suicide- Lord, please seek out to help me. I need protection from the evil spirits that are haunting me. I am a failure and I prayed… …
- Peace and Contentment- Heavenly Father I pray for your peace that strengthens my spirit and help me to be content with my life as it is. Release any… …
- For my son- Please pray for my son Joshua that he will be a disciple of Jesus Christ. …
- Pray for my friend to quite his weed addiction- My friend nicklas is a bright young man with enormous potential, but his addiction to weed is keeping him down. His spirit is shackled by… …
- Hope- Dear Lord I pray for hope in my hopeless situation i no u are with me father. This is bigger than me i will step… …
- Prayer for the world- Please pray for everyone in the world. Pray for peace, healing, and wholeness of body, protection, love, and justice for all. Pray that all the… …
- For a marching spot in my upcoming marching band season- I want y’all to pray for me so that I can get a marching spot in the upcoming 2019-2020 marching band show next school year… …
- Faith- Please pray that the blinders will be lifted from my eyes, and that I will believe in God’s willingness to save me. I have such… …
- Home of my own- I am losing my hope. I fought in 2 wars. I pay all my bills and taxes. And I can’t seem to get approval for… …
- Blessing- Please pray for me Life is very difficult for me .I m in final year in the university, Please pray that I get a good… …
- Hope- My goal about my vacation traveling to Nigeria. and find a good place new home and job. I wanna surprise him there. …
- Marked for death- I’m marked for Death.I saw Francis robbing a elderly widow out of her multimillion dollar property.I tried to stop Francis not know Francis was a20year… …
- Come into my life- I just need prayers that the Lord will come into my life stronger. I’m a firm believer, but I’m a weak Christian. …
- Need a secure with Jesus blood and deliverance with from enemies and anxiety- Heavenly Father.. thank you for choosing us to be with your god children.. thank you for listening to us our prayers.. and did everything for… …
- Nursing Career- I am a mature General Nursing Student who unfortunately in the fourth year 1st internship failed and failed on repeat. I found the college not… …
- Help me find another job- I’ve been looking for another for a year. And no one has hired me. I feel really sad. I’m not sure no one is calling… …
- Walter Brown Release- My son had been incarcerated since 2016 serving 5 years. Lord release him early. I know God is a miracle worker and can do anything… …
- Strength- I ask that you pray for me and my wife and kids to be better and stronger than ever and pray that I make it… …
- Fear and depression- I need prayer for so much, but most importantly I ask that I do not lose my current job until another is found as I… …
- Fulfilling deliverances- Since my time in America I have been falling short but pursuing and dreaming without the appropriate etiquette towards God myself and others I am… …
More prayers posted in: Hope