A lot of marriages these days do not last long. So if your marriage has endured the test of time, then it is worth thanking God for and also saying a few prayers to Him for the years to come. Here are some wedding anniversary prayers that you and your partner can use as you celebrate together. You can also pray them alone.
Wedding anniversary prayers of the faithful
1. Oh Lord help us to remember how and when we met for the first time and the strong love and bond that we shared. Help us to channel our love into practical things so that nothing can come between us. We pray that we always have kind and loving words for one another. And for our hearts to always be ready to ask for forgiveness and also to forgive. Dear Lord, we commit our marriage into your hands. Amen.
READ ALSO: Importance of prayer in our life
2. May the God who has kept you together for these number of years, of his infinite goodness and mercy continue to keep you together and bless your union. I pray that the Father who created you, Christ the son who redeemed you, and the Holy Spirit who sanctifies you daily, keep and preserve you all your days. May the Lord look upon you with favour and fill you with every spiritual benediction and grace. So that you will be able to please him in this life and that you may have life everlasting in the world to come. Amen.
3. Heavenly Father, we bless your Name for all the blessings we have enjoyed in this marriage. We say thank you from the bottom of our heart for helping us reach another anniversary. We bless you for helping us deepen our love and for helping us to overcome the period of trials. Without a doubt, we know that without your daily assistance, we would never have remained as close as we are this day. We pray to you Lord, to continue to watch over this union, over our family and over our home. Help us to renew our vows of loyalty and love. Help us to strive to remain united as one in you and with you, and to remain steadfast in our faith and service to you. Amen.
4. Heavenly Father, we thank you for this day as we celebrate (number of marriage years) years of marriage together. We thank you for journeying with us. Thank you for making us strong and keeping us close. Forgive us for the times we have failed each other or the times we have hurt one another. Forgive us for the periods when we neglected our friendship together and for days when we have not put each other’s interest and well-being before our own. We commit to one another afresh today. Help us to support and trust one another always. And help us reignite our love just like when we first met. Amen.
Catholic Anniversary Prayer of the faithful
“O Lord, omnipotent and eternal God, we give you thanks and we bless your holy name. You created man and woman in your image and blessed their union so that each would be for the other a help and support. Remember us today. Protect us and grant that our love may be in the image of the devotion and love of Christ for his Church. Grant us a long and fruitful life together, in joy and in peace, so that, through your Son and in the Holy Spirit, our hearts may always rise to you in praise and goods works.“
We hope you enjoy and liked these prayers. You can type out and personalize any of these wedding anniversary prayers and wishes for your marriage.
READ ALSO: Prayer points for mercy and favour of God
Subscribe to watch new videos
O God, we thank you that you have given us another year of life together. We thank you for the love which grows more precious and for the bonds which grow more close each day. We thank you for the happiness we have known together; for the sorrows we have faced together; for all the experiences of sunshine and of shadow through which we have come, up to today.
We ask for forgiveness for any failure on our part; for any times when we became difficult to live with; for any lack of sympathy and understanding; for anything which spoiled even for a moment the perfect relationship which marriage should be. Spare us to each other to go on walking the way of life together, and grant that for us it may be true that the best is yet to be: through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
Here is a wedding anniversary prayer that can be used at a wedding anniversary party or used as a personal prayer for a parent’s wedding anniversary or a friend’s wedding anniversary. This wedding anniversary prayer can also be used for a special anniversary, such as a 25th wedding anniversary or a 50th wedding anniversary. Prayer is always the perfect anniversary gift idea!
Wedding Anniversary Prayer of Blessing
Dear Heavenly Father, We thank you for the grace and blessings you have given this couple during the past______ years of marriage. We celebrate and recall the day when they joined together as partners in life and we thank you for being with them on their daily journey together through life’s ups and downs.
Increase their sense of belonging to each other, just as Jesus says, “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one.” (Matthew 19:5,6 NIV)
We thank you that you have freely given them your presence, strength, help and hope. We pray that they will continue to grow in their ability to work together for the good of each other, for the good of their family and for the good of the world.
Fill them with love, forgiveness, patience and trust.
Guide them with the light of your word where it says, “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is no proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” (I Corinthians 13:4-8)
Increase their sense of companionship and friendship. Grant them the ability to laugh at their mistakes and the means to share the simple pleasures of life together.
Enable them to speak the truth in love. Help them to be good listeners. And grant them wisdom and a spirit of cooperation as they make your good plans together on the tough issues and challenges they face.
Surround them with good friends and neighbors. Protect their home. Care for their family. Provide for their needs. Guard their health. And may they enjoy many other anniversaries together. In the name of Christ we pray, Amen.
Other related articles
Prayers of blessing using the scriptures
Mother’s Day prayer
Father’s Day prayer
Expressing your prayers of blessings for others using the language of flowers
Copyright Karen Barber 2013. All rights reserved.
Anniversary Wishes for Couples: A wedding anniversary is symbolic of the fact that a couple’s relationship has sailed through life’s stormy waters. This post reverberates the emotions and feelings that go into making a marriage work. Take ideas to write your own messages to wish a couple who is celebrating their cute bond. Whether it is a romantic quote or a funny joke – make sure that the words on your greeting card mimic the eternal ad beautiful effervescence of true love. Tag them on Facebook and share sweet stuff on Pinterest. The whole idea is to let the couple bask in the warm hues of a milestone celebration that becomes yet another precious memory in the book of their lives.
1) Real relationships are when you don’t have to pretend to be someone else, just to be liked for being someone you’re not. Happy anniversary.
2) Looking at divorced couples make me feel that marriages are ephemeral. But you both have proved that marriages are truly eternal. Happy anniversary.
3) Some of the best memories of a couple are not just the magic of their first few kisses but the magic they create every time they kiss for the rest of their lives. Happy anniversary.
4) The wrinkles on your faces are not signs of how much you have aged, but how beautifully your marriage has survived the test of time. Happy anniversary.
5) Not a long journey, your marriage is an adventure. Not a love story, your marriage is an epic tale of romance. Not a happy ending, your marriage is a blissful loop of sweet memories. Happy wedding anniversary.
6) No one and nothing in this world is perfect, but the two of you are as close as it gets. Happy anniversary.
7) Parties, dinners and get-togethers – we have many selfish reasons to gather and wish you both a great life ahead. Happy anniversary.
8) The bond of a marriage can take various forms, depending on whether life is imitating calm or storms. Sometimes in can be a beautiful knot, sometimes it can be a fragile cord. Regardless of what it is, I hope your lives overflow with bliss. Happy anniversary.
9) The echo of your love and the sound of the sea have a few things in common – they are both constant, soulful and eternal. Happy anniversary.
10) Real relationships are when you can fight like enemies, laugh like best friends and love like soul mates. Happy anniversary.
11) Whatever you do and wherever life takes you, never underestimate the power of honesty, love and friendship. Happy anniversary.
12) Relationships are not about give and take, they’re about share and care. Happy anniversary.
13) For some people, a perfect marriage is a myth, fairytale, legend, fable or false hope. But for me, it is a real thing which exists between you both. Happy anniversary.
14) Your dreams, ambitions and hopes for the future may not be always the same. But the beauty of your marriage is that you both live to make each others’ dreams come true. Happy anniversary to a perfect couple.
15) More than the pop of balloons, flash of lights and shower of confetti – may the sounds of laughter, flashes of smiles and showers of happiness mark your anniversary.
16) Anniversaries are milestones where you can pause and look back at your life – to cherish all the beautiful memories and bind yourselves to all the wonderful promises that are yet to be fulfilled. Happy anniversary.
17) Your family name too should end with EST because it comes after every word I use to describe you as a couple – happiEST, coolEST, hottEST and the very bEST. Happy anniversary.
18) If your love story was made into a movie, it would give The Notebook a run for its money. Happy wedding anniversary.
19) Success doesn’t always come in the form of pay checks and awards. It also lies in smiles that are a result of happy relationships and experiencing the little pleasures of life. Happy anniversary.
20) Most married couples hear each other’s words, you listen to each other’s heartbeats. Most of them admire each other’s looks, you complement each other’s souls. Most of them commit to each others’ lives, you have committed to each others’ dreams. Happy anniversary to an awesome couple.
21) The sweetest of anniversaries are a result of getting through the life’s most bitter moments… hand in hand and heart to heart. Happy anniversary.
22) Times change, people change, but memories remain. Wish you both a lifetime of happy memories. Have a fantastic anniversary.
23) The first few years of marriage are likely to be the best. It is only later that life becomes a test. But the love between you both makes you better that the rest. Happy anniversary and good luck.
24) For some couples, being perfect means being flawless. But for a wise, mature and beautiful one like you, being perfect means accepting each other and making the most of what life has to offer. Happy anniversary.
25) Your anniversary should have been a monthly and not a weekly affair, for having just one day in a year is just not enough to show each other how much you care. Happy anniversary.
26) Some marriages are a cocktail of different emotions, feelings and experiences. Yours is straight and on the rocks – 100% pure and undiluted love. Happy anniversary.
27) A romantic journey, thrilling ride, fun adventure, amazing voyage, beautiful expedition, memorable escapade, heavenly trip – this is the definition of your marriage and the path to your destiny. Happy anniversary.
28) Every year, your anniversary makes me anxious, insecure, nervous and stressed because it adds to the pressure of finding the perfect match – just like you both did. Happy anniversary.
29) Sometimes your marriage is slow like Waltz, sometimes it is peppy like Salsa, sometimes it is hot like Tango and sometimes it is soulful like Jazz – cheers to the couple who can dance to any rhythm of life. Happy anniversary.
30) You don’t need to wait for your 10th, 20th or 25th anniversary to celebrate a milestone in your life. Every anniversary of yours is a special milestone. Happy anniversary.
31) May the sunshine of happiness always break out from the clouds of misunderstandings to form a rainbow of love in your timeless marriage. Happy anniversary.
32) As an old couple your legs may have become wobbly and beautiful wrinkles may adorn your lovely faces, but your love for each other never seems faded regardless of life’s phases. Happy anniversary.
33) Even after so many years of living together, you both haven’t got tired of each other. Here’s wishing that you stay, like this forever. Happy anniversary.
34) Even amidst difficult times, tough situations and harsh circumstances, you have proved that a happy marriage can sail you through any storm of life. Happy anniversary.
35) Happy anniversary to a couple who has made their marriage as perfect as it is made out to be in romantic books and movies.
36) In the Waltz of Life, you have proved to be the perfect dancing partners for each other and forever. Happy anniversary.
37) Your anniversary will remind you not just of the best moments of your relationship, but also of all the strife you went through to experience those blissful moments. Happy anniversary.
38) The fact that you don’t behave like a typical husband-wife makes your marriage perfect. Happy anniversary.
39) Good relationships don’t just happen. They need to be nurtured and given a foundation that is unshakable – just like yours. Happy anniversary.
40) A real relationship is when destinies align, souls connect and hearts beat for each other, forever and ever – just like yours. Happy anniversary.