This is the eighth lesson plan in our series titled, “Toddlers Knowing God.” Each of these studies help children age 18-24 months better understand the character & nature of God. Click here to see the main index for these Bible lessons.
This particular lesson is based on Psalm 100:3-5 and teaches how to say thank you to God.
Thank You, God
Simple Lesson Series on God for 18-24 months
Scripture: Psalm 100:3-5
Main Idea: Thank you, God! (Repeat throughout the lesson. Use sign language for “thank-you” each time you say it.)
Supplies: Bible, See additional activities for other supplies and preparation.
With toddlers, you want to keep your lesson simple. If your class is able, get them to sit together on floor in front of you. Hold up your Bible. SAY: The Bible is God’s Word. The Bible tells us everything comes from God! We should thank God for everything in our lives. Thank you, God! (Do sign language.) Can you say thank you God?
The following activities are designed to reinforce the simple Scripture truth, encourage toddlers development, and engage their imaginations and creativity. Choose the ones that will work best for your classroom.
Thank you, God, for Me!
SUPPLIES: Mirror(s) for them to see themselves.
DO: Talk about different body parts God made as they look in the mirror.
SAY: Where is your hair? God made your hair! Thank you God for my hair!
Where is your nose? God made your nose! Thank you God for my nose!
God, you made me! Thank you God for me! Can you say thank you God?
Thank You, God, for My Family!
SUPPLIES: Pictures of their families
DO: Point and talk about different family members.
SAY: God gave you your mommy! Thank you God for mommy! God gave you your daddy! Thank you God for Daddy! God gave you a sister! Thank you God for my sister! God gave you brother! Thank you God for my brother. God gave you friends. Thank you God for my friends! God, you gave us a family! Thank you God for my family! Can you say thank you God?
Thank You, God, for Your Creation!
DO: Take a walk to discover things outside that God created.
SAY: Look at the tall trees! God gave us the trees. Thank you God for the trees! (Continue on with sky, flowers, grass, clouds, bugs, etc.) Can you say thank you God?
God Takes Care of Us
SUPPLIES: Pretend food, dress-up clothes, baby dolls, bottles, blankets-works well in a Dramatic Play center.
DO: Discover how God takes care of us. Show them how to care for a baby doll. Let them wrap the babies in a blanket, feed them, try to put on a diaper, etc. Emphasize that God takes care of us like we take care of the baby.
SAY: God takes care of us! Thank you God for caring for us! God gives us life! Thank you God for life! God give us food. Thank you God for food! God gives us water! Thank you God for water! God gives us clothes! Thank you God for clothes! God gives us a home! Thank you God for our homes! God gives us a church! Thank you God for our church! God gives us the Bible! Thank you God for the Bible! God gives us love! Thank you God for your love! God gives us Himself! Thank you God for You! Can you say thank you God?
Thank You, God, for Color!
Supplies: Paint, smocks, paper or easels
DO: Let them get messy and create beautiful works of art for God!
SAY: God gave us beautiful colors! We can paint beautiful pictures for God! Thank you God for colors! Can you say thank you God?
Thank You, God, for the Bible
SAY: This is the Bible! This is God’s Word! He gave it to us. Thank you God for the Bible!
DO: Read Psalm 100:3-5 (have them sit on your rug crisscross applesauce or do during snack), “Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. (NIV)
SAY: God, you are good! Thank you God for you! Can you say thank you God?
Pray to God
DO: Hold hands or bow your heads together (just demonstrate and ask them to do the same. Some may, most may just watch.)
SAY: We can tell God thank you all of the time! Let’s tell God now! Dear God, thank you for giving us life. Thank you for mommy and daddy and our families. Thank you for the Bible and for our church. Thank you God for you! We love you God! Amen!
Worship Him together with their favorite worship songs!
“Thank You, God!” Lesson for Toddlers
stars on average
So you know God has been faithful through the years you have spent on this earth and will love to say Thank You God, for Your Birthday?
If yes, choose your best out of the Thank You God for My Birthday Messages below and post on Facebook, Twitter or WhatsApp.
Thank You God for My Birthday
So you say, thank you lord for allowing me to see another birthday. I bless your name.
1. For the eyes you have given me to see, the legs to walk and hands to work through all these years, I have come to thank you, dear Lord, for my birthday and many more to come.
2. There are beautiful sights for which I am grateful I have eyes to see. For my heart that beats all day, Lord I have come to say thank you, even for my birthday.
3. Lord, I thank you for all the answered prayers through the years. And I am grateful for another year you have added to seek your face in truth and spirit. Happy birthday to me from you.
4. Lord, I thank you for your mercy and grace which are new every morning since I have been on this planet earth. I thank you for your help to see another birthday of mine. I love you, Lord.
Appreciating God for My Birthday
5. Lord, I thank you for your salvation and love which are pure and free. I magnify your name for being the giver of everything that pertains to life and godliness. I dedicate this birthday to you, Lord.
6. For the gift of life and the promises you have for me in your word, Lord, I have come to say thank you for another year in your loving-kindness. I have come to bless you for making it possible for me to see another birthday. I am grateful, my God.
7. With outstretched arms and songs of praise, I have come to bless you for adding another year to my life. Thank you for making me see another birthday. I am grateful, Lord.
8. Lord, for taking away my darkness and giving my your light for all these years, bearing my burdens, pains and shames, healing me of all sicknesses and diseases and granting me sound health by your name… I have come to say thank you, Lord. Thank you for another year from you to me.
How to Wish Myself Happy Birthday on Facebook
Lord, I Am Grateful for My Birthday
9. For the daylight that welcomes each day,
For the sunshine to make my daily hay,
And for the abundant air that I breathe,
Oh Lord, I thank you for them all always.
I’m grateful that they always make my day.
And, see how they graced my birthday, today!
10. Lord, I am here before you today
Celebrating another year of your grace
And there are things I would love to say
But my mouth can’t just verbalise them all!
Can I talk of all you have freely given me?
Or your blessings which are great but unseen?
Each time I think about it all, I sigh…
And I just must open up, with a grateful heart…
And say Thank You, Lord. Yes, thank you, dear Lord!
A Day To My Birthday Posts for Social Media
11. No matter how hard I try, I won’t be able to thank you enough for all you have done and will ever do. I am so grateful to be called yours.
Thanks for all the birthdays from time past, today’s and the ones to come.
12. I have walked through the shadows of death, been troubled on all sides too. I have had my share of pains and agonies… But in it all, you have been my stay.
I therefore dedicate this birthday to you, Lord, as gratitude for all you have done.
13. I am aware that a thousand tongues will not be enough to sing your praise. So no matter how much I try, I can’t just thank you enough for all you have invested in me to see my birthday again.
I’m grateful, Lord.
14. My heart, soul spirit and body belong to the true and holy God. I’ve come to reverence you like I’ve always do, for the life that you give and the strength to celebrate it yearly.
Dear Lord, thank you for this birthday and for everything. I love you.
Thanks to All My Friends and Family for the Birthday Wishes
15. Lord, here I come, I confess that there is none else beside you. I bow here, where I find my daily rest, knowing that without you, this birthday wouldn’t be.
So I say, I’m grateful for the life that you gave. I love you, Lord.
Thanking God for Another Birthday Quotes
Quotes to say Thank You God for another Birthday.
16. I was once lost but your grace found me. Yes, I was was blind to the awesomeness of knowing you but mercy gave me sight.
Lord, I belong to you and I want it to be this way, forever.
Lord, today, I proclaim that You will be all I’ll live for. Amen.
Thank you, God, for making me see another year.
17. Glorious God, beautiful King and excellent God, I have come to bow before your throne and worship at your feet.
And I will do this all my life because you’re the only one who is worthy to receive all the glory.
Thank you for another birthday of mine, dear Lord.
Pre-birthday Wishes to Myself
18. You have made all things beautiful, and I am one. You have made the seasons and ordered them to favour me. You have been from ages and have been all I’ve ever desired.
You have been the reason for all the birthdays I celebrate. So I’ve come to thank you for being a father and friend. I love you, Lord.
19. I’ve seen you In all the paths I’ve followed, in every move I made. You have been the source of inspiration for everything I ever did right.
You have been a friend I can call on anytime, any day.
You have been my all in all, and the reason this birthday is possible.
Thank you, dear Lord.
20. To me, you have been the God of awesome wonders whose power I have tasted.
Indeed, you have shown me so much mercy, even much more than I deserve.
My eyes have seen Your goodness and my ears have heard of your untold wonders.
And today, I have come to bless you for everything you are to me.
Thank you, Lord, for another year of your favour.
Updated on August 25, 2018
Say “Thank You” for the Birthday Wishes
When you birthday comes around, there’s almost nothing as fun as getting wishes, messages, and texts from friends all over the world. Thanks to Facebook, Twitter, and texting, we hear from almost everybody we know and care about! It makes birthdays special and exciting. We might hear from a long-lost friend!
At the end of the day, how can we thank all of those lovely people for their greetings? Here’s how. Read through these ideas. Use them as-is, or just let them get your started crafting your own personal “thank you” message!
Thank You Messages for Birthday Greetings on Facebook
- It is a beautiful day! It is a great reminder of how thankful I am for all the beauty I have in my life. Thanks for being a part of this great feeling!
- Thank you to all my friends for the birthday wishes, gifts, laughs, weird birthday jokes, and everything. I keep our more than 20 years of friendship and love in my heart. You guys are too much. Love you all. See you later!
- I just wanted to take a moment and say “thank you” to everyone for all of the birthday wishes. It means a lot to me that you all took time from your busy lives to wish me a happy birthday. I feel very blessed to have each and every one of you as my friends.
- Hi everyone! Thank you for all your birthday greetings. Yes, another long year and another number added to my age, but it is still great to hear from all of you out there. I hope you are all doing well. I will get in touch with each and everyone soon.
- Thank you so much to all my friends and family that wished me a happy birthday. Special thanks to all my friends who are currently globetrotting who still made the effort. I got messages from South Africa, England, France, Morocco, and Canada! Love you all.
- My Facebook was acting weird the other day and obviously didn’t post my status, but I just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone who wished me a happy birthday! I got to celebrate this week with my amazing friends and awesome family! I am so blessed and couldn’t ask for more.
- I thank each and every one of you for your lovely birthday wishes and for loving me. All of your wishes and blessings mean a lot to me! Sorry, I was busy so I wasn’t able to reply to the calls and messages from my friends and some close ones. I hope you guys don’t mind. I thank my besties for being around me. I love you guys for making my birthday such a wonderful and a memorable day of my life. Thanks for making me feel special and for being a special part of my life. Love you all, I so feel humble! Stay blessed.
- I was overwhelmed by receiving so much attention for my birthday and would like to thank each and every one of you so much for your kind greetings and blessings. I’m sure that with all these wishes, it will become a great year.
Thank You Messages for Birthday Tweets and Texts
- Thank you for my birthday messages. It’s definitely been a birthday to remember.
- From the bottom of my heart, I would like to thank everyone for the birthday wishes and gifts . . . and for those who didn’t do anything, shame on you!
- First, I want to thank God for my life! Thank you to all who wished me a wonderful birthday. I love you all!
- Thank you, everyone, for the birthday wishes on just another day in ecstasy. You people are so special to me. Thanks so much everyone for the astonishing birthday wishes.
- Thank you very much for all the superb birthday wishes. They really mean a lot to me.
- Thank you, everyone, for the birthday wishes! I had a great day, got spoiled by my entire family, and feel very blessed to have such great people in my life
- Thank you to all the people who greeted me on my birthday yesterday and today.
What Do You Like on Your Birthday?I like to receive birthday wishes on… Thank You Everyone for the Wonderful Birthday Wishes Song Religious Thank You Messages for Birthday Wishes
- I had a wonderful birthday with family and friends. I spent those beautiful moments in fellowship with my loved ones and missed all those who were not with me. I thank God for all his love bestowed on me the last year. I cherish each day and each moment of the year. I believe this year is the year of restoration in all that I do. Thank you all for wishing me and standing by me the last year and all the years. I promise this year I will be a better person.
- Thank you, everyone, for the birthday wishes today! I appreciate the love! Those who know me know that I don’t typically make a big deal of my birthdays, but for some reason, this year seems a little bit different. I feel like a grown up. I feel more in tune with myself and my God. I feel that I am in a position to become all God has intended for me to be. In addition to that, I make this look good! Thanks all for the love today!
- I want to thank everybody—my brothers, sisters, friends and all well-wishers who sent birthday messages to me on Facebook and on my mobile phone. May God in His infinite mercy bless you all beyond your expectation and guide and protect you all. I appreciate you.
- I want everyone to know that I’m so thankful for all the blessings I received during the time of my birthday. God has been really good to me, therefore may God bless you all and thank you.
- Giving honor to God for his grace and mercy, he woke me up this morning and started me on my way. May God bless me to see my 60th birthday. Thank you, God.
Thank You Messages for Family and Friends
- I’ve had a lovely birthday! Thank you for all my messages, cards, and gifts but most of all thanks for being my friends and family. Not a bad bunch at all.
- Thank you to everyone for all the love and support you have shared with me on my birthday. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. It feels great to know I’m surrounded by an amazing family and wonderful friends.
- I would like to thank everyone for wrapping me in prayers, singing songs for me, making tweets for me, updating Facebook statuses for me, posting my pictures on Instagram, and wishing me a happy birthday. Thank you for helping make my day special. It meant so much to know you were thinking of me on my special day.
- I want to give thanks to the highest for granting me another year, I feel so blessed and privileged. To my friends and family who sent birthday blessings, my thanks you. Whether you called, texted, messaged, or visited me, thanks again. You guys sure made me feel special on my special day.
- I know I’m terrible at keeping in touch with you guys but it really does mean a lot when you send me a message for my birthday. Thank you, guys!
- I would love to thank everyone who wished me a happy birthday. Thank you so much. This man knows how lucky he is to have friends. I have been one lucky man. Thank you, God, for that and for my friends. One day we will all have a great big party, and I hope that I am there.
Thank You Messages for Birthday Texts
- I can truly say how blessed I am to have such great people in my life! I woke up this morning with too many text messages from all of you for my birthday! Thank you so much for being such a great part of my life.
- Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes, texts, Twitter shout-outs, phone calls, hugs, and love you all gave me yesterday! Thanks for making my birthday such a memorable day!
- I want to thank everyone who took the time to share a text, calls, hugs, and Facebook messages to say happy birthday. It was, without a doubt, a great day, but the celebration will continue all week long. Once again, thank you! I am glad you are all in my life.
- To all my family and friends, I am very blessed to have all of you sending the beautiful and thoughtful messages full of love on my birthday. Thank you so much.
Thank You Messages After a Birthday Party
- I would like to say a massive thank you for all the messages, cards, presents, surprises, and gifts that I received today. Thank you to everyone who came to see me and for making my birthday really special.
- A big thank you to all who came to the birthday bash at Treasure Island and for the gifts! I had loads of fun!
- Though I’m feeling a bit tired, I had an absolutely great birthday weekend! I’d like to thank you all again for the birthday wishes. I’m truly blessed to have such great friends and family in my life. Cheers!
- Thanks for all the birthday wishes. Another year older! Where does the time go? How come I don’t get done as much today as I did at this time last year?
- Wow! So many birthday wishes and not a one said, “Have a crummy day.” I have the best friends! Thank you!
- Thank you, everyone, for the lovely birthday wishes. The years have gone by so fast and God has blessed me with a wonderful family and friends. This quote brings a smile to my face: “Every day above ground is a good day.” Love to you all.
- I would like to thank everyone for your kind birthday wishes. I have had a great weekend with family and a great day today.
- Ladies and gentlemen, thanks so very much for your birthday wishes. Above all, I thank the Almighty God for taking me this far.
- Thank you, everyone, for the birthday wishes. It means a lot to me! Now if I could shoot a monster duck tonight that would be the best present of all.
- I would like to thank all my family and friends for partying with me for my birthday. I had a blast. I am now getting ready for my big brother’s birthday party.
- Thank you to my brothers, my lovely cousins, my home gals, my pals, dear friends, classmates, and to my colleagues for the birthday wishes. I really enjoyed my day and you guys made it extra special.
- Thank you so much to all who sent cards and wished me a happy birthday. It means a lot to me. It feels so good to be loved by family and friends. It’s been the best birthday ever! It’s great to be alive.
- Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all my lovely friends and family who made it to my party! I had a brilliant night and felt so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people.
- A big thank you to our kids for celebrating my birthday and the birthday dinner! Not only was the dinner good, but no one could ask for better company. I’d also like to thank all of you who remembered my birthday and sent me a birthday message. You all made my day. Love to all of you with much appreciation.
Facebook Status Thank You Messages for Birthday Wishes From Work Mates
- Thank you all for the birthday wishes. With my birthday being so close to the long weekend this year, I took the day off and enjoyed four awesome days of this great weather we have been having. I spent my birthday yesterday relaxing with my sweetie and my family, hanging out on the deck, and a BBQ. A special thank you to everyone from my office team since I wasn’t at the office; they sent me a video of them singing “Happy Birthday” with a cake. That was awesome! Sadly, the quality of the video got lost between my phone and posting it here.
- One of the best parts of my birthday was hearing from so many family members, friends, and former university students. I sincerely thank each and every one of you for your kind birthday wishes. It just warms my heart to see your pictures and families on the Facebook. I must admit that I do not spend much time these days on the Internet. I feel so blessed to celebrate another birthday and I thank God for making my life so wonderful. Much appreciation, thankfulness, and love are sent to each of you.
- Thank you to all my family and friends for the birthday wishes. My day started off bad but you all made it a very happy birthday. I was surprised at work with an overwhelming display of appreciation, cards, cake, flowers and more. My husband wrote me a beautiful poem. I got to get my shimmy on. It was a great day reminding me how blessed I am.
- A very big thank you to everyone who dedicated few seconds of their time to wish me a happy birthday! Thank you guys! Thanks to my team!
- To all the Kings and Queens who wished me a happy birthday, thank you so much. Even though I was nursing a sick child, you made my day special. Thank you and stay blessed.
Let Your Friends and Family Know It’s Your Birthday!
When it’s your birthday, let everybody know what you want! Maybe you’d like a new stereo or a shiny new car, but the best things don’t have a price tag. Here’s something to put in your Facebook status update that will spread the love:
“All right, it’s my birthday today and I am asking for gifts. Here are my requests:
- Hug someone today
- Smile at someone today
- Say hello to a stranger today
It will brighten your day and it will for sure brighten someone else’s day. It will also fulfill my birthday wish. Thank you.”
Questions & Answers
How do I write a thank you letter to a manager after receiving a birthday wish?
Choose a thank you message from the list, edit, and add your manager’s name to the letter.
What would be the greatest birthday gift?
Wishing someone with true words from the heart could be the greatest birthday gift.
© 2012 Quotes Lover