We’re in a battle in this world. We may not see it, we might forget it’s there. But the enemy would love nothing more than to start our year off with discouragement and defeat, bringing fear and stress. Don’t let him win.
If you’re a believer who is living like salt and light in a dark world, you won’t go for long without encountering spiritual warfare – obstacles and attacks he’ll hurl your direction. God reminds us in His word to stay aware of Satan’s schemes, to live alert in this world, and to stay close to Him.
He arms us with the sword, the Word of God, to stand against the enemy’s lies. He equips us with strength, wisdom, and discernment through His own Spirit to stay strong in the spiritual warfare battle. He invites us to spend time in His Presence, through prayer and worship, pressing in to know Him more.
As we grow to know God’s Truth and what is real, we also know more what is false, and we are stronger to stand against it in the powerful name of Jesus. He never leaves us to fend for ourselves in a dark world, but reminds us He is constantly with us, fighting for us, even when we cannot see.
Praying God’s words back to Him, is a powerful weapon against the forces of evil. It is Truth going out. It reminds us that God knows our way and understands what we face today. It builds our faith and our trust in God. It guards our hearts and focuses our minds back on Him. It wins the battle.
Prayer + God’s Word = Power
31 Spiritual Warfare Scriptures to Read, Pray, and Memorize:
1. “Submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” James 4:7
2. “You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.” 1 John 4:4
3. “For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” 2 Cor. 10:3-5
4. “Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith.” 1 Pet. 5:8-9
5. “No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; and every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their vindication is from Me,” declares the Lord.” Is. 54:17
6. “Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.” Eph. 6:11-17
7. “In all these things, we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.” Rom. 8:37
8. “But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Cor. 15:57
9. “Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts.” Zech. 4:6
10. “But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.” 2 Thess. 3:3
11. “Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.” Luke 10:19
12. “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” John 10:10
13. “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.” Matt. 18:18-19
14. “The Lord will cause your enemies who rise against you to be defeated before you. They shall come out against you one way and flee before you seven ways.” Deut. 28:7
15. “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
16. “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.” 1 Cor. 10:13
17. “And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32
18. “Do not be overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good.” Rom. 12:21
19. “And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death.” Rev.12:11
20. “Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.” 1 Tim. 6:12
21. “,,,On this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” Matt. 16:18
22. “…the reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.” 1 John 3:8
23. “But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.” Is. 40:31
24. “One of your men puts to flight a thousand, for the Lord your God is He who fights for you, just as He promised you.” Josh. 23:10
25. “Do not fear them, for the Lord your God is the one fighting for you.” Deut. 3:22
26. “What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?” Rom. 8:31
27. “Through You we will push back our adversaries, through Your name we will trample down those who rise up against us.” Ps. 44:5
28. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Josh. 1:9
29. “For You have girded me with strength for battle; You have subdued under me those who rose up against me.” Ps. 18:39
30. “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust. Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart…” Ps. 91:1-4
31. “This is what the Lord says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s.” 2 Chron. 20:15
When we belong to Christ, the enemy never has the final word over our lives. We are secure in God’s hands.
Press on – courageous and free – never held back by fear or defeat. The battle belongs to the Lord, and He has the final victory…
Debbie McDaniel is a writer, pastor’s wife, mom to three amazing kids (and a lot of pets). Join her each morning on Fresh Day Ahead’s facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/DebbieWebbMcDaniel, for daily encouragement in living strong, free, hope-filled lives. Find her also at and
In this post I want to share some insight related to spiritual warfare. This has been in the making some 14 years and I’ve never shared it before because God was actually unpacking this revelation to me.
This process started with something God said to me 14 years ago and I needed to gain the wisdom, knowledge & experience based on what He said to write this.
I was driving to work one morning, Christian music blasting on the radio, praising God. I was just enjoying the day and glorifying Him about nature – the sun, the beautiful picture that he painted for me that morning in the sky, the flowers and trees. Out of the blue He says to me “there are many intercessors that are sick because they went out and fought battles I didn’t call them to fight”
My thought was… what? Then I asked Him “what do You mean by that?” He said nothing else.
Because of the silence all these questions started to flood my mind…
I thought no weapons formed against us shall prosper?
I thought we were protected in warfare?
What about the Armor of God?
What about greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world?
I don’t understand.
God said nothing else. Over the years He’s basically shown me what He meant.
First, I’m going to start off with Spiritual Warfare for the newbie Christian and move into more advanced concepts that most Christians don’t address and quite frankly I’ve never heard taught before. I’m going to spend the majority of this post addressing advanced warfare because this is where I see so many getting into trouble.
Spiritual Warfare for Beginners
The first thing we must know is that when we go through warfare of any kind we are not actually fighting people but instead demonic spirits (Ephesians 6:12) “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.”
We don’t fight people and we don’t fight them in our flesh (with our own strength). We should always pray and ask God to reveal the spirit behind someone’s behavior or opposition that we are facing and pray against that. Not the person. Please read this to learn how to bind and loose in the spirit.
The most important thing that we can do is put on the Armor of God when we are in volatile situations.
If you do these things as a new Christian this will help you through difficult situations. You don’t need to progress from here until you master how to bind and loose and how to put the Armor of God on.
Spiritual Warfare for the Intermediate Warrior
As an intermediate warrior, you must do all of the things that the beginners does with ease. This means you don’t even have to think about it as this is second nature to you when you are in a warfare situation. Except now you need to add a few other things.
Keep in mind that everything in the natural has a spiritual correlation. So if you are a parent and you have a toddler in the car going to the supermarket. You are going to get out of the car, go around, unbuckle the seat belt, hold the child’s hand to make sure they are not going to run across the road and get hurt. This is normal because you have a toddler. What happens when they are 10 years old? Are you still doing that? No. That child should have learned by then how to get out of a car and cross the road safely.
Same thing goes with you when it comes to spiritual warfare. God expects you to grow up and use the tools that He has given you without Him having to remind you.
1. Scriptures. You need to know at least one or two scriptures for every situation that you face. Are you able to quote 2 scriptures related to warfare? Would you know 2? How about Healing? Salvation? Finances? At this stage you need to have an arsenal of scriptures. Here are some
bible verses that you can learn for various situations
2. At this stage you are not a child anymore and God expects you to come off the milk and start eating meat. This means that you should be reading the Word at least 4 times per week. And you would need to understand that putting on the Armor last week does not mean that it is still in place today. Why? Sin. The minute you commit one little sin your armor is OFF. For most of you, I’m sure nobody told you this before. Let’s read the Armor of God scripture in The Message translation
(Ephesians 6:13-18) Be prepared. You’re up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it’s all over but the shouting you’ll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You’ll need them throughout your life. God’s Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other’s spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out.”
So the bottom line is the minute you are not walking in Truth 100% the Armor is off. The minute you step outside of righteousness, armor off. The minutes you are not 100% in peace, armor off. The minute you don’t have 100% faith, guess what? Armor off!
The enemy’s job is to get you to violate any one of these so that he can disarm you. The devil can’t take the armor off of you but he surely can send something to make you sin that then disarms you. That’s why the armor should go on right before the battle – everytime! If you put the Armor on in the morning but you have an evening prayer meeting – confess your sins, put the Armor on again!
Have you ever been in church full of the Holy Ghost ready to lay hands on someone because you know God is about to work and then the person that you have a problem with walks right infront of you? Yeah. That’s the enemy disarming you. This is why you need to keep short accounts with God concerning your sin. Confess. Repent. Make peace with people. Quickly! Here is a list that you can check to see if you need to repent for anything.
3. One myth I’ve heard in prayer circle is that they were clothe in the Armor since the day they were saved and therefore there is no need to put it on again. Guess what? They’ve been fooled. Read Ephesians Chapter 6 starting at verse 10. You have to put it on or it is not on. Imagine if a soldier going into war thought just being handed his battle gear was enough and he didn’t actually have to put it on to go into battle? What do you think would happen?
4. Add Psalm 91 to your arsenal. Here is a Psalm 91 prayer
5. You also need to learn some warfare scriptures
Spiritual Warfare for the Advanced Warrior
At this stage, you would have mastered everything the beginner and the intermediate warrior does. And, if you haven’t you should avoid any major spiritual warfare.
The most important thing at this point is your character.
It’s not that you can flow in the gifts of the Spirit or how long you can speak in tongues or how many visions you have. No. It is your character. What’s going on on the inside? This will determine how you will handle yourself when the battle is heated.
Your maturity level. Humility. Love. Submission to authority. Integrity. Being Teachable. Quick to Repent. Quick to Forgive.
Jesus said (John 14:30 New American Standard Bible NASB) “I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me”
When the enemy shows up will he have anything in common with you. I am not talking about external stuff that everyone can see. I’m talking about your heart.
If you are a person of prayer, every spiritual gift will come to you when you need it. You don’t need to be worried about signs and wonders and miracles.
When you are connected to the source all the gifts are available to you.
In the natural we have the air, the earth and the ocean. Each one of these dimensions have different laws that govern them. On earth we all respect the law of gravity and we need oxygen to live. This is enforced and there is no way around it. Somehow within us as disobedient children we always find a way to break the other laws, like not driving the speed limit or other things. These laws were put in place to protect us but being sinners we’re always looking for a way around them.
The problem occurs when we take the same disobedient attitude and try to enforce it upon the other dimensions. In the ocean, the deeper you go is the more you need to obey the laws that govern the depths of the sea. If you go on a deep sea dive you need a diving suit, and an oxygen tank plus the mask. These are the laws and you can’t break them or you die. Also, a shark can come along and eat you and it’s never at fault.
There is no shark or sea creature in jail serving a life sentence for eating people. Why? You were in it’s territory.
That’s why we need to be certified to go to a certain depth because we need to know the laws and rules that govern that depths of the sea.
When you enter the dimension of the air there are rules as well. You’ve heard the flight attendant give you the rules in the case of a loss in cabin pressure. You also know that due to the change in air pressure you can chew some gum to alleviate the pain in your eardrum. If you wish to go higher into the air dimension you have to train to be an astronaut before you can do that.
Spiritual Dimensions or Heavens
As in the case of the natural dimension you have spiritual dimensions. The earth is one dimension. Then you have the 2nd heavens where angels and demons live. Then the third dimension where God lives along with those who have passed on.
Just as the natural dimensions have laws and rules the same thing applies with the spiritual dimension.
There are sick intercessors, pastors, prophets because they didn’t follow the laws and rules that govern the dimensions of the spiritual realm.
Things you must consider when entering into the spiritual realm in prayer
- You MUST put on the Armor of God. This is not an option. It’s the law if you find yourself in the 2nd heaven (Daniel 10:12-14) or 3rd heaven (2 Corinthians 12:2). There may be times when you are in prayer with a group and you were not expecting to enter into a warfare prayer. Well, as soon as you notice you’ve shifted into that put the armor on. This is your protection.
- Some Christians like to throw around the scripture “everywhere the sole of my feet touches the Lord has given it to me”. Hmmm, not so! Christians use this scripture to go into territories and regions that they have no business being there. Can you imagine if a police man from Miami, Florida tried to go make arrests in Atlanta, Georgia? It’s not happening. Why? That’s not his territory. You need to know your territory and your boundaries when you go to war. Read Deuteronomy 2, even the Israelites had boundaries to their land. They past enemies along the way and God told them specifically, don’t touch that land. You can’t just go into a war in any region you chose unless God told you to go there. Things need to be lined up in the spiritual realm (angels and all) to grant you safe passage so that when you get there you are covered.
- Angels have territories too and they are not going to move out of their territory just because you decided to do it (I’m referring to the ones that are protecting you). You may not follow the rules but they surely do. Daniel 10 calls the territorial spirit the Prince of Persia because his territory was??….Persia. That means he’s not going to show up in another country. That would be another territorial spirit. Do you understand the consequences of going up against a territorial spirit when you are not equipped? Remember territorial spirits are top dogs in a region so under them there are powers, authorities, spiritual forces of wickedness. So when you go after the 1 territorial spirit now you have 50 others coming after you that are under the command of that spirit.
- You are not called to fight every demon and every battle. God can make you aware of what’s happening with the demonic in your territory that does not mean that you are suppose to go to war with it. Again, you need to ask God. Your job until you get to go ahead is to do the reconnaissance work. Get the information and wait until God tells you what to do with it. Even King David had to ask God “shall I go up against them?” and he waited for an answer. (1 Chronicles 14:10)
- Depending on the size of your ministry, not everyone in your prayer group or prayer line is saved. Therefore, what happens when you have an unsaved person entering into a spiritual warfare battle? You end up in a sons of Sceva situation. Read Acts 19 The problem is these people don’t even know they are unsaved. Most Pentecostal Christians believe someone is saved because they speak in tongues. Have you heard of demonic tongues? Not everyone who speaks in tongues is saved. Whenever you are entering into warfare with people you don’t know, everyone is an hostile until proven ally. You’re not going to tell this to your prayer group but you need to govern your spirit in such a manner. Armor on. Shield up. Especially if you get this a check in your spirit about someone. Pay attention to that.
You were given dominion over the earth realm and your territory so if someone with a demon is in your path you can cast that out safely. You do not have dominion in the 2nd and 3rd heavens. There you are in the domain of demons and angels.
Problem occurs when we get into intercession and end up in the 2nd heaven or the 3rd heaven and violate the rules. When you do this you put yourself in danger.
(Job 25:2) “Dominion and awe belong to God; he establishes order in the heights of heaven.”
(Job 38:33) “Do you know the laws of the heavens? Can you set up God’s dominion over the earth?”
In the 2nd heavens these beings don’t have physical bodies. On earth sometimes they will possess a person but they can also roam around without a body as well. So that means they can also operate in more than one dimension. This is why it is very important that you have the gift of discerning of spirits if you are going to enter this level of warfare. You need to be able to discern a spirit whether or not it has a body.
Christians that have found themselves sick because they fought battles they were not called to fight:
a. Entered a battle with no Armor
b. Fought a battle without adequate angelic coverage
c. Flew up into the 2nd heaven without permission from God and started warring with beings.
d. They left God out of the battle
e. They come back into the natural realm and got inflicted with sickness and disease, their marriage fell apart, they are living in poverty because they are now plagued by demonic spirits they are still not equipped to fight.
f. The saddest part of all, is when they take a new Christian into battle with them to “train them”. This would be like the Army taking the toddler to war in Iraq or the 10 year old. Can you imagine that? Totally irresponsible.
If you have unsaved people in your prayer group or on the prayer line – do not go into spiritual warfare with them. You are opening these people up to attacks.
If you have new Christians same rules apply.
This would be just as bad as casting out demons with unsaved people and children sitting nearby when you don’t know how to properly send demons out of a room. Very bad.
We have to be mindful of these things. People’s lives are at stake.
If you are a new Christian and you find yourself in a prayer group, in a battle and realize they did not put the armor on, put your Armor on and take note this prayer leader has no idea how to protect the people that they are mentoring therefore you should probably find yourself another mentor.
2 Corinthians 12 (NIV)
Paul’s Vision and His Thorn
“I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord. 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. 3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4 was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell. 5 I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses.
6 Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say, 7 or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”
Where was Paul? In the 3rd heaven when he got a thorn from a messenger of satan (a demon). Notice that he doesn’t even talk about the fact that he was the one in the 3rd heaven..he says “I know a man in Christ”. What can we learn from that? Your 2nd and 3rd heaven experiences are not to be shared. Unless God gives you permission you are not talk about them. Why? It could be boasting and the next time you come back into the natural realm you too may have a thorn.
Picture this, you go into the 2nd heavens in a heated battle with demonic spirits and you win. So you come back and you and your entire prayer group proceed to high five each other, walk around telling everyone about your great victory. Now those demonic spirits come looking for the persons who were involved in the battle. It sure was easy to find you because you had no helmet on (somebody forgot about the Armor) on top of that you and your big mouth led the demons straight to your house. So guess who is about to get seriously harassed and inflicted? That’s why you can’t talk about it. There’s a reason Paul couldn’t talk about it. You need to follow suit.
If you are a part of a prayer group and you have had these experiences and the leader of the group comes back and tells others about it, watch out!
Give God His Glory. This is where the humility comes into play.
What are some of the signs you’ve stirred up demons in the spiritual realm?
- You are sick. And, it may be what I like to call a “phantom illness” which means you know you’re sick, you have symptoms but the doctors can’t find anything wrong. This could be because it is demonically induced and you are not really sick you just need to get rid of the demon and the symptoms will go as well.
- You are sick and it has been diagnosed but now you know, after reading this, where you got this illness. I want to say very clearly that not all illnesses are from demons.
- Ever since your experience in prayer your household is a mess! Your marriage is on the brink. Your children are not the same.
- Your finances got trashed after your prayer experience and you’re still trying to recover.
- You feel like you are in a wrestling ring being “tag teamed” by demons. The minute you defeat one, another one jumps in and then you defeat that one and another one jumps in and so on and so forth and it has been going on for a very long time. You are worn out and don’t know how to make it stop.
Remember, demons don’t have physical bodies so they never get tired, they don’t have bills to pay, a spouse, children so their only concern is you. You will never win in a war like this with prayers you found on the internet or YouTube.
Does this mean that you should never go into the 2nd and 3rd heavens? No. The key is to get permission. When God grants you access you are golden! He’s going to make sure that you are covered because He would have a purpose behind your visit. Notice Paul is not giving much details as to why or how his affliction happened except that he got it so he wouldn’t be boastful. Boasting is a sin. Also, you can’t have doors open in your life in the area of sin and go in and out of these realms. Eventually a demon will gain access to you through that open door.
The Apostle John who was brought into the 3rd heavens so he could write the book of Revelation. He was only allowed to write what he was told to write and the entire time he was escorted by an angel.
Revelation 1:1-2, 9-11, 19. 4:1-2 New King James Version (NKJV)
Introduction and Benediction
“The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John, who bore witness to the word of God, and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, to all things that he saw.
I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”
Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this.
After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, “Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this.”Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne.
John was there by invitation from Jesus, he was told to speak of it by Jesus through writing to the different churches. He was only able to move through the heavenlies when they told him to move. When you read the book of revelation pay attention to the fact that John did nothing in the 3rd heavens unless he was told to do it. So he was not a rogue warrior in the heavenly dimension doing what he thought was right.
You must have permission. If God brought you in safely, He is able to get you out safely.
When Daniel was wrestling in prayer in Daniel 1o, he didn’t fly up into the 2nd heavens to war against the Prince of Persia. No. He stayed in the earth realm and through is prayers and fasting to God the Lord sent Micheal (who is also a Prince) to fight the Prince of Persia so that Gabriel could deliver the message. Have you ever wondered why Gabriel didn’t fight the Prince of Persia? That’s not his job. Messenger angels deliver messages and warrior angels fight wars. They know their place. They follow the rules. We need to do the same.
Now that you understand how you got afflicted how do you fix it?
Repent. When you decided to go to war with things you do not understand you basically usurped God’s authority. You decided to play God and so he stood on the side with His angels. He’s waiting for you to give him back His throne and step out of the wrestling ring so He can do what only He can do.
Here is a simple prayer:
Abba Father, I repent for usurping your authority and thinking that I could fight this war for You. Forgive me Lord for this transgression. Forgive me for moving out from under the shadow of your wings. I am removing myself from this battle and handing it back to You. The battle is Yours Lord. I am giving back the throne to you my Warrior King and humbling myself under your Mighty hand and waiting for your deliverance. I call upon El Gibbor, the Mighty God and Jehovah Sabaoth the Lord of Hosts to take His rightful place on the throne of my heart and fight this battle for me. Relinquishing it to You, in Jesus Name! Amen.
You see the only one that can ever get the Glory is Jesus. He is the only one who is Mighty to save and can defeat these spirits. So when you are in these realms He is the only one along with His angels that can defeat this. His name is EL GIBBOR. This the Hebrew word for Mighty God. This is the God of the Battle. It is Jesus.
(Isaiah 9:6) “For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God (El Gibbor), Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
After you’ve repented God will be watching to see if you meant what you prayed so when you get up in the morning, put your Armor on, pray Psalm 91 and Read aloud Psalm 24. This is the Psalm that calls in El Gibbor. Do not be alarmed if you feel the hairs on your arm stand up when you read this aloud. It is a warfare scripture and most people don’t realize it. Once you read it aloud you’re done. No more searching the internet for prayers to defeat your giant, no more taking it into prayer rooms, you are done – you gave up the throne.
You called El Gibbor in and He takes over. Go about your day. You will start to notice that the demons are gone. The minute they realize you exited the wrestling ring and El Gibbor is on the scene?! Game over!!
The King of Glory and His Kingdom
A Psalm of David.
The earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness,
The world and those who dwell therein.2 For He has founded it upon the seas,And established it upon the waters.
3 Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord?
Or who may stand in His holy place?4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart,Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol,Nor sworn deceitfully.5 He shall receive blessing from the Lord,And righteousness from the God of his salvation.6 This is Jacob, the generation of those who seek Him,Who seek Your face. Selah
7 Lift up your heads, O you gates!
And be lifted up, you everlasting doors!And the King of glory shall come in.8 Who is this King of glory?The Lord strong and mighty,The Lord mighty in battle.9 Lift up your heads, O you gates!Lift up, you everlasting doors!And the King of glory shall come in.10 Who is this King of glory?The Lord of hosts,He is the King of glory. Selah
The first part of the Psalm acknowledges that God owns everything and He alone is in charge of all the dimensions. The second part shows that you can’t come to Him less you repent of your sins. You need to be quick to repent and confess of your wrong doings. The third part after you’ve cleansed yourself from sin you now call on El Gibbor to enter your situation.
God is so AWESOME!
Nobody can deliver, but God!
I know this was a long post but I know that this will set some people free, bring clarity and save some of you from entering into unsafe situations.
If you have been blessed by reading this, will you share it? You could be helping someone else.
Also, if you need some prayer support, write the prayer request in the comment section and we will pray for you. Please remember that you also need to do your part. We can’t repent for you and we can’t call El Gibbor into your situation only you can do that. So you do your part. El Gibbor does His part. And, We will do our part by praying for you.
God Bless You and we love you.
So today I have been contemplating on strategic intercession and spiritual warfare prayer. It is important that you understand that prayer is an important and integral part of your Christian walk. I admit that it was kind of hard for me to get into the habit of it when I was a babe in Christ, but we’ve got to wean off of the baby way of babbling to the Lord and now walk in maturity of mind and start learning to Command our mornings, to pray without ceasing and just have our spirits in tune and meditating on the Word so that we pray with authority.
Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
The Devil doesn’t know the meaning of sleep because he won’t rest until the children of God are destroyed. So in knowing that we have to step our game up in our prayer lives if we want to protect ourselves and our families from any hidden agendas and assignment(s) from our adversary.
1 Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
Today, I feel led to talk about the Haman spirit.
What is the Haman spirit?
Read the Book of Esther Chapters 4-7
In my older post called Fasting with a Purpose – Hit the Target Pt. 1, I refer back to Queen Esther and how Haman the evil prince convinced King Ahasuerus to legalize an evil decree to kill every Jew in the Persian Kingdom. King Ahasuerus did not know that his concubine, Queen Esther was a Jew and that this evil decree would serve not only to harm her and the children of Israel, but it would potential harm her cousin Mordecai as well.
Esther was a strategic prayer warrior for a queen and knew what Spiritual warfare was all about. She pronounced what I call a 3-day-crisis fast to pray against the plot of Haman. At this time, her cousin Mordecai had been arrested and was sentenced to the gallows to be hanged because of Haman’s scheme at work. You will see that at this point also, the assignment against Esther and the Jews were in full force and effect and she had to step her game up and act on the wisdom she recieved during her time of prayer and fasting that she initiated to convince the King to reverse this assignment plotted by the evil Prince Haman. When King Ahasuerus found out that Esther was in fact a Jew and how he was tricked by the evil Prince Haman into instituting this evil law that would not only jeopardize the children of Israel’s lives, but would also mean that his Queen would die as well with her cousin Mordecai that was already awaiting to be hanged in the gallows, King Ahasuerus was infuriated by Haman’s deception. The prayer and fasting that Queen Esther initiated gave her divine wisdom and strategy to overcome this evil plot which not only saved her life and her cousin Mordecai, but it also served to save the lives of all the Jews.
The end result is something I will quote from that fasting post:
“The King loved Esther so much and was heavily enraged by Haman’s evil plot to trick him into killing her and the Jews that King Ahasuerus decided to free Mordecai from the unjust sentence and sentenced Haman into the gallows for his evil deeds. The evil plot and conspiracy against the Jews was reversed in this Fast. “
Esther 7 (NKJV)
Haman Hanged Instead of Mordecai
7 So the king and Haman went to dine with Queen Esther. 2 And on the second day, at the banquet of wine, the king again said to Esther, “What is your petition, Queen Esther? It shall be granted you. And what is your request, up to half the kingdom? It shall be done!”
3 Then Queen Esther answered and said, “If I have found favor in your sight, O king, and if it pleases the king, let my life be given me at my petition, and my people at my request. 4 For we have been sold, my people and I, to be destroyed, to be killed, and to be annihilated. Had we been sold as male and female slaves, I would have held my tongue, although the enemy could never compensate for the king’s loss.”
5 So King Ahasuerus answered and said to Queen Esther, “Who is he, and where is he, who would dare presume in his heart to do such a thing?”
6 And Esther said, “The adversary and enemy is this wicked Haman!”
So Haman was terrified before the king and queen.
7 Then the king arose in his wrath from the banquet of wine and went into the palace garden; but Haman stood before Queen Esther, pleading for his life, for he saw that evil was determined against him by the king. 8 When the king returned from the palace garden to the place of the banquet of wine, Haman had fallen across the couch where Esther was. Then the king said, “Will he also assault the queen while I am in the house?”
As the word left the king’s mouth, they covered Haman’s face. 9 Now Harbonah, one of the eunuchs, said to the king, “Look! The gallows, fifty cubits high, which Haman made for Mordecai, who spoke good on the king’s behalf, is standing at the house of Haman.”
Then the king said, “Hang him on it!”
10 So they hanged Haman on the gallows that he had prepared for Mordecai. Then the king’s wrath subsided.
The most important thing to note here is that the curse that was directed to harm Queen Esther, the Jews and Mordecai was reversed and was sent back to sender who was Haman – the evil, corrupt and conniving prince.
This is just a Biblical example of how prayer and fasting (if necessary) can work to reverse an outcome and also work to backfire the plans of your enemies.
People, you may have some Haman’s in your life trying to plot things against you and your family. When you discern their agenda, this isn’t the time to crack under pressure and let them have their way with you.
Stop being complacent! You’ve got to go to God and petition to the KING of KINGS, and if necessary, YOU’VE GOT TO GET ON YOUR KNEES!!!!
You are a Child of the Most high God so prayer and fasting maybe required in some cases to deliver you from the assignment that some people may have against your life depending on the degree of the assignment. The stronger the attack the higher measures you have to take. If you have several Hamans in your life, you’ve got to step your game up in prayer so that you receive divine wisdom and strategy to overcome their assignments.
Rather than reacting to the assignment, respond to it strategically. Seek God to reverse the curse/assignment so that it goes back to the source. This is serious stuff folks. You cannot afford to be passive in your prayer life. The days are evil and your enemy the Devil, isn’t playing around with you. If the assignment is huge, then you’ve got to do something greater in your prayer life to counter-act the assignment. The greater the assignment, the more important it is to up the ante in your prayer life.
I stress the importance of having a prayer partner and seeking even elders in the church to pray with you as you go about your prayer life business if you have no idea what to do. Don’t act in isolation, seek people to pray with you in agreement. Call prayer lines or something but you’ve got to Pray. Sometimes, in the wee hours of the Morning like around 12 midnight-6:00am (the witching hours) you might have to wake your lovely head up and pray. For those of you that think Sleep seems too good to do that, I’m here to tell you that it won’t feel so good when the enemy of your soul has petitioned for your life on the line and/or has petitioned against your family as well and you didn’t do anything to counter-act that petition because you enjoyed your sleep. The Devil never sleeps, so make no mistake about this because he’d rather see you cry a river rather than you picking up your armor and doing your sword work out routine on a daily basis.
Some people maybe going through some court battles involving their children…parents…step your game up in prayer…
Some people may have heard a bad report in the medical room, step your game up in prayer.
Some people have heard rumors of firings in the workplace….step your game up in prayer.
Some are on the verge of losing their homes and/or businesses….step your game up in prayer.
Some have heard that they only have a few months to live….step your game up in prayer.
Some are being harassed and have no peace … step your game up in prayer.
Some have heard there is a plan to uproot you from your place of destiny…step your game up in prayer.
People…I hope you are catching my drift here. STEP YOUR GAME UP IN PRAYER! I don’t know how to emphasize this enough, but this has been in my spirit for that past few days, so if you don’t know how to pray or are not even part of a church…the first step is get yourself in a Bible-believing church. The second thing is get some prayer partners, the third is to get some books on the topic of prayer especially, intercessory prayer, the fourth thing is get into a cell group, the fifth thing is get involved in ministry so that you are surrounded with like-minded people that can serve as intercessory partners and guide you in your pray life dependent on the level of their spiritual maturity. Isolation only serves to make you vulnerable to being attacked. You have to guard yourself up and get with the program and realize you need help! At the end of the day, you make the decision on how you are going to proceed from here on out.
Wisdom says, step your game up and PRAY with the WORD as your Spiritual WEAPON of WARFARE. Foolishness says, sleep, sleep, sleep….need I say more?
For those that would like some reading material, I would recommend John Eckhardt’s prayer books and Mary K Baxter’s book called The Divine Revelation of Prayer as starters, but you can look for others on your own. Spiritual warfare is what it is…. a WAR in the spirit. Feed your spirit with the Word and use the Word when you pray. Essentially, we have to learn to use the weapons of our warfare that are not carnal and are mighty in God for the pulling down of strongholds (2 Corinthians 10:4) otherwise we will succumb to the schemes and assignments from the enem(ies) in our lives. Don’t wait to be on the defensive when you can be on the offensive right now.
Here are snap shots of the books. There are obviously more you can get at a Christian bookstore but it’s up to you to get serious in your prayer life. I recommend They have a valuable resource of books that are discounted and they also use Paypal and credit cards for your convenience.
I have a song to minister to you today from Kurt Carr called We Declare War. I love this song and it always gets me going. I pray that it ministers to your spirit today. God Bless you everybody!
Scriptures to Meditate
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers,
1 Thessalonians 5:17
pray without ceasing,
2 Timothy 1:3
I thank God, whom I serve with a pure conscience, as my forefathers did, as without ceasing I remember you in my prayers night and day,
This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night.
2 Corinthians 10:4
For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
Then Jesus said to them, “A little while longer the light is with you. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you; he who walks in darkness does not know where he is going.
And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the LORD your God:
2 Chronicles 20:15
And he said, “Listen, all you of Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem, and you, King Jehoshaphat! Thus says the LORD to you: ‘Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God’s.
“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the victor’s crown, the life God has promised to those who love him.” – James 1:12
Engaging in the Battle
We need tools in spiritual warfare as well. It has been the underlying purpose of this book to provide practical, usable information and insight into the waging of a winning warfare.
The world, the flesh, and the devil will be continuously defeated if we use the weapons of our warfare. The Lord has provided all the tools we need. The Lord Jesus Christ has provided all of our victory. He used the same tools He has provided us in winning the battle. His victory is our victory.
It remains our responsibility to use these weapons so graciously provided in His grace. Every time you use them you’ll thank God for the tools of victory He has provided. Just as I think with fond remembrance of the man who gave me the tool box when I use my carpenter’s tools, so your heart will reach out in an ever deepening gratitude to your Lord.
In previous chapters, importance of doctrinal truth and doctrinal praying was intended to be lifted high. Doctrine, God’s unchanging truth, is mighty in defeating our enemies. This truth must get deep into our souls. This can only come about as we gain understanding of the Holy Word of God and then use that Word aggressively in our lives.
With the permission and approval of Dr. Victor Matthews, professor of theology at the Grand Rapids Baptist Bible College and Seminary, I include here some very fine helps in keeping doctrinal truth in the forefront of your warfare.
“The Daily Affirmation of Faith” was written by Dr. Matthews to provide a concise, clear statement of the truth of the Word of God as it applies to our victory. I commend this affirmation for daily reading aloud on the part of those who are experiencing intense warfare. It will do much to build spiritual foundation into your soul. It will keep the ground of your victory aggressively in action against your enemies. Study the texts of Scripture for your own enlightenment and edification.
The Daily Affirmation of Faith
“Today I deliberately choose to submit myself fully to God as He has made Himself known to me through the Holy Scripture which I honestly accept as the only inspired, infallible, authoritative standard for all life and practice. In this day I will not judge God, His work, myself, or others on the basis of feelings or circumstances.
- I recognize by faith that the triune God is worthy of all honor, praise, and worship as the Creator, Sustainer, and End of all things. I confess that God, as my Creator, made me for Himself. In this day I therefore choose to live for Him (Rev 5:9,10; Is 43:1,7,21; Rev 4:11).
- I recognize by faith that God loved me and chose me in Jesus Christ before time began (Eph 1:1-7).
- I recognize by faith that God has proven His love to me in sending His Son to die in my place, in whom every provision has already been made for my past, present, and future needs through His representative work, and that I have been quickened, raised, seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenlies, and anointed with the Holy Spirit (Ro 5:6-11; 8:28; Phil 1:6; 4:6,7,13,19; Eph 1:3; 2:5,6; Ac 2:1-4,33).
- I recognize by faith that God has accepted me, since I have received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior (Jn 1:12; Eph 1:6); that He has forgiven me (Eph 1:7); adopted me into His family, assuming every responsibility for me (Jn 17:11,17; Eph 1:5; Phil 1:6); given me eternal life (Jn 3:36; I Jn 5:9-13); applied the perfect righteousness of Christ to me so that I am now justified (Ro 5:1; 8:3,4; 10:4); made me complete in Christ (Col 2:10); and offers Himself to me as my daily sufficiency through prayer and the decisions of faith (I Co 1:30; Col 1:27; Gal 2:20; Jn 14:13,14; Mt 21:22; Ro 6:1-19; Heb 4:1-3,11).
- I recognize by faith that the Holy Spirit has baptized me into the Body of Christ (I Co 12:13); sealed me (Eph 1:13,14); anointed me for life and service (Ac 1:8; Jn 7:37-39); seeks to lead me into a deeper walk with Jesus Christ (Jn 14:16-18; 15:26,27; 16:13-15; Ro 8:11-16); and to fill my life with Himself (Eph 5:18).
- I recognize by faith that only God can deal with sin and only God can produce holiness of life. I confess that in my salvation my part was only to receive Him and that He dealt with my sin and saved me. Now I confess that in order to live a holy life, I can only surrender to His will and receive Him as my sanctification; trusting Him to do whatever may be necessary in my life, without and within, so I may be enabled to live today in purity, freedom, rest and power for His glory (Jn 1:12; I Co 1:30; II Co 9:8; Gal 2:20; Heb 4:9; I Jn 5:4; Jude 24).
Having confessed that God is worthy of all praise, that the Scriptures are the only authoritative standard, that only God can deal with sin and produce holiness of life, I again recognize my total dependence upon Him and submission to Him. I accept the truth that praying in faith is absolutely necessary for the realization of the will and grace of God in my daily life.
Recognizing that faith is a total response to God by which the daily provisions the Lord has furnished in Himself are appropriated, I therefore make the following decisions of faith:
- For this day (Heb 3:6,13,15; 4:7) I make the decision of faith to surrender wholly to the authority of God as He has revealed Himself in the Scripture to obey Him. I confess my sin, face the sinful reality of my old nature, and deliberately choose to walk in the light, in step with Christ, throughout the hours of this day (Ro 6:16-20; Phil 2:12,13; I Jn 1:7,9).
- For this day I make the decision of faith to surrender wholly to the authority of God as revealed in the Scripture–to believe Him. I accept only His Word as final authority. I now believe that since I have confessed my sin He has forgiven and cleansed me (I Jn 1:9). I accept at full value His Word of promise to be my sufficiency and rest, and will conduct myself accordingly (Ex 33:1; I Co 1:30; II Co 9:8; Phil 4:19).
- For this day I make the decision of faith to recognize that God has made every provision so that I may fulfill His will and calling. Therefore, I will not make any excuse for my sin and failure (I Th 5:24).
- For this day I make the decision of faith deliberately to receive from God that provision which He has made for me. I renounce all self-effort to live the Christian life and to perform God’s service; renounce all sinful praying which asks God to change circumstances and people so that I may be more spiritual; renounce all drawing back from the work of the Holy Spirit within and the call of God without; and renounce all nonbiblical motives, goals, and activities which serve my sinful pride.
— I now sincerely receive Jesus Christ as my sanctification, particularly as my cleansing from the old nature, and ask the Holy Spirit to apply to me the work of Christ accomplished for me in the crucifixion. In cooperation with and dependence upon Him, I obey the command to “put off the old man” (Ro 6:1-14; I Co 1:30; Gal 6:14; Eph 4:22).
— I now sincerely receive Jesus Christ as my sanctification, particularly as my enablement moment by moment to live above sin, and ask the Holy Spirit to apply to me the work of the resurrection so that I may walk in newness of life. I confess that only God can deal with my sin and only God can produce holiness and the fruit of the Spirit in my life. In cooperation with and dependence upon Him, I obey the command to “put on the new man” (Ro 6:1-4; Eph 4:24).
— I now sincerely receive Jesus Christ as my deliverance from Satan and take my position with Him in the heavenlies, asking the Holy Spirit to apply to me the work of the ascension. In His Name I submit myself to God and stand against all of Satan’s influence and subtlety. In cooperation with and dependence upon God, I obey the command to “resist the devil” (Eph 1:20- 23; 2:5; 4:27; 6:10-18; Col 1:13; Ja 4:7; I Pe 3:22; 5:89).
— I now sincerely receive the Holy Spirit as my anointing for every aspect of life and service for today. I fully open my life to Him to fill me afresh in obedience to the command to “be filled with the Holy Spirit” (Eph 5:18; Jn 7:37-39; 14:16,17; 15:26,27; 16:7-15; Ac 1:8).
“Having made this confession and these decisions of faith, I now receive God’s promised rest for this day (Heb 4:1-13). Therefore, I relax in the trust of faith, knowing that in the moment of temptation, trial, or need, the Lord Himself will be there as my strength and sufficiency (I Co 10:13).”
The Warfare Prayer
Another doctrinal tool that has proved of great benefit to me and to many others is the “Warfare Prayer” composed by Dr. Matthews. As a theologian, his unique and thorough way of including sound doctrine in this prayer is most helpful. I would urge anyone facing obvious spiritual warfare to use this prayer daily. It is good to read it aloud as a prayer unto the Lord. Eventually one will be able to incorporate the doctrinal truths expressed into his own prayer life without reading it.
The devil hates this prayer. Usually before working with anyone who has deep demonic affliction, I will request that we read this prayer in unison. Many times the oppressed one can read only with great difficulty. Sometimes sight problems, voice problems, or mind confusion become so intense that the afflicted person can continue only with great effort.
It is the truth of God that Satan cannot resist, and he vigorously fights it being applied against him. Those serious about warfare should daily use a prayer of this type along with other prayer examples shared in this book.
THE WARFARE PRAYER
Heavenly Father, I bow in worship and praise before You. I cover myself with the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ as my protection during this time of prayer. I surrender myself completely and unreservedly in every area of my life to Yourself. I do take a stand against all the workings of Satan that would hinder me in this time of prayer, and I address myself only to the true and living God and refuse any involvement of Satan in my prayer.
Heavenly Father, I worship You, and I give You praise. I recognize that You are worthy to receive all glory and honor and praise. I renew my allegiance to You and pray that the blessed Holy Spirit would enable me in this time of prayer.
I am thankful, heavenly Father, that You have loved me from past eternity, that You sent the Lord Jesus Christ into the world to die as my substitute that I would be redeemed. I am thankful that the Lord Jesus Christ came as my representative, and that through Him You have completely forgiven me; You have given me eternal life; You have given me the perfect righteousness of the Lord Jesus Christ so I am now justified. I am thankful that in Him You have made me complete, and that You have offered Yourself to me to be my daily help and strength.
Heavenly Father, come and open my eyes that I might see how great You are and how complete Your provision is for this new day. I do, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, take my place with Christ in the heavenlies with all principalities and powers (powers of darkness and wicked spirits) under my feet.
I am thankful that the victory the Lord Jesus Christ won for me on the cross and in His resurrection has been given to me and that I am seated with the Lord Jesus Christ in the heavenlies; therefore, I declare that all principalities and powers and all wicked spirits are subject to me in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
I am thankful for the armor You have provided, and I put on the girdle of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, the sandals of peace, the helmet of salvation. I lift up the shield of faith against all the fiery darts of the enemy, and take in my hand the sword of the spirit, the Word of God, and use Your Word against all the forces of evil in my life; and I put on this armor and live and pray in complete dependence upon You, blessed Holy Spirit.
I am grateful, heavenly Father, that the Lord Jesus Christ spoiled all principalities and powers and made a show of them openly and triumphed over them in Himself. I claim all that victory for my life today. I reject out of my life all the insinuations, the accusations, and the temptations of Satan.
I affirm that the Word of God is true, and I choose to live today in the light of God’s Word. I choose, heavenly Father, to live in obedience to You and in fellowship with Yourself. Open my eyes and show me the areas of my life that would not please You. Work in my life that there be no ground to give Satan a foothold against me.
Show me any area of weakness. Show me any area of my life that I must deal with so that I would please You. I do in every way today stand for You and the ministry of the Holy Spirit in my life.
By faith and in dependence upon You, I put off the old man and stand into all the victory of the crucifixion where the Lord Jesus Christ provided cleansing from the old nature. I put on the new man and stand into all the victory of the resurrection and the provision He has made for me there to live above sin.
Therefore, in this day, I put off the old nature with its selfishness, and I put on the new nature with its love. I put off the old nature with its fear and I put on the new nature with its courage. I put off the old nature with its weakness and I put on the new nature with its strength. I put off today the old nature with all its deceitful lusts and I put on the new nature with all its righteousness and purity.
I do in every way stand into the victory of the ascension and the glorification of the Son of God where all principalities and powers were made subject to Him, and I claim my place in Christ victorious with Him over all the enemies of my soul. Blessed Holy Spirit, I pray that You would fill me. Come into my life, break down every idol and cast out every foe.
I am thankful, heavenly Father, for the expression of Your will for my daily life as You have shown me in Your Word. I therefore claim all the will of God for today.
I am thankful that You have blessed me with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. I am thankful that You have begotten me unto a living hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. I am thankful that You have made a provision so that today I can live filled with the Spirit of God with love and joy and self-control in my life. And I recognize that this is Your will for me, and I therefore reject and resist all the endeavors of Satan and of his demons to rob me of the will of God.
I refuse in this day to believe my feelings, and I hold up the shield of faith against all the accusations and against all the insinuations that Satan would put in my mind. I claim the fullness of the will of God for today.
I do, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, completely surrender myself to You, heavenly Father, as a living sacrifice. I choose not to be conformed to this world. I choose to be transformed by the renewing of my mind, and I pray that You would show me Your will and enable me to walk in all the fullness of the will of God today.
I am thankful, heavenly Father, that the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds, to the casting down of imaginations and every high thing that exalted itself against the knowledge of God, and to bring every thought into obedience to the Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore in my own life today I tear down the strongholds of Satan, and I smash the plans of Satan that have been formed against me. I tear down the strongholds of Satan against my mind, and I surrender my mind to You, blessed Holy Spirit.
I affirm, heavenly Father, that You have not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. I break and smash the strongholds of Satan formed against my emotions today, and I give my emotions to You. I smash the strongholds of Satan formed against my will today, and I give my will to You, and choose to make the right decisions of faith. I smash the strongholds of Satan formed against my body today, and I give my body to You, recognizing that I am Your temple; and I rejoice in Your mercy and Your goodness.
Heavenly Father, I pray that now through this day You would quicken me; show me the way that Satan is hindering and tempting and lying and counterfeiting and distorting the truth in my life. Enable me to be the kind of person that would please You. Enable me to be aggressive in prayer. Enable me to be aggressive mentally and to think Your thoughts after You, and to give You Your rightful place in my life.
Again, I now cover myself with the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ and pray that You, blessed Holy Spirit, would bring all the work of the crucifixion, all the work of the resurrection, all the work of the glorification, and all the work of Pentecost into my life today. I surrender myself to You.
I refuse to be discouraged. You are the God of all hope. You have proven Your power by resurrecting Jesus Christ from the dead, and I claim in every way Your victory over all satanic forces active in my life, and I reject these forces; and I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ with thanksgiving. Amen.
Excerpt from “The Adversary”, Mark I. Bubeck Reprinted by permission Moody Press.
Dr. Mark I. Bubeck is the founder and president emeritus of ICBC, inc. A pastor for over 40 years, Dr. Bubeck is the author of The Adversary , Overcoming the Adversary, The Rise of Fallen Angels, and Raising Lambs Among Wolves .