And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
Being thankful isn’t just for the Thanksgiving holiday. Scripture tells us to be “thankful in everything, in all circumstances” (1 Thessalonians 5:18). When we find ourselves overwhelmed with burdens and worried about tomorrow, we can praise God for who he is and his promise to never leave us or forsake us.
BIBLE VERSES ABOUT BEING THANKFUL. Being Thankful Bible verses in the King James Version (KJV) about Being Thankful.
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
Bible Scriptures about Being Thankful Bible Scriptures about Being Thankful from the KJV Bible. This page contains a great selection of Bible Scriptures about Being Thankful taken from the scriptural text of the books, chapters and individual verses of the Old and New Testament scriptures.
And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
30.05.2018 · Hey Guys, Thankful is a video on something we should all remember daily to be thankful inspired by a bible verse 1 Corinthians 15:57 hope you …
Being thankful is a character trait we often neglect to practice. I’m thankful Bible verses like these 15 are here to keep me thinking properly.
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. – 1 Thessalonians 5:18 NLT. This verse says that it’s God’s will for everyone who believes in Jesus to be thankful. There are some things that happen in our lives that we are truly thankful for. We are thankful for birthdays, weddings, love, and family.
In everything be thankful, … 1 Thessalonians 4:3 For this is the … which may refer either to all that is said from 1 Thessalonians 5:11 to this …
In life, there is always something to be thankful for. It’s easy to complain about how chaotic the world is and how people can be so evil towards one another, but complaining without action just doesn’t change anything. If we start to be thankful for everything we have, instead of what we do not have, we’ll start to appreciate our life on this earth more.
Simple things such as being able to walk, eat, see, hear – these are just some of the many gifts that were given to us so freely. Sometimes it’s just a matter of how we view things. We may hate our bosses at work, but guess what? We have a job. We may not like the leftovers we have in our fridge, but guess what? We have food.
We may hate the traffic every single day, but guess what? We still made it to our destination safe and sound. If we choose to look at the brighter side of life, we will discover the countless small things we sometimes take for granted but have so much value if we just take a closer look.
Perhaps, the reason why most of us find it difficult to be thankful is because we tend to identify a blessing as something we expect to be given to us. Something that we’ve been wanting for so long. If we don’t get what we want, we refuse to acknowledge what we already have.
We must realize that even the struggles, the emptiness, the failures, and the pain that we’re going through can be a blessing in disguise too! These difficulties will teach us what really matters most in life and encourages us to be the best version of ourselves.
We want to give you these inspirational thankful quotes to remind you of the many wonderful things you can be grateful for! We hope you start living a life full of gratitude today!
Table of contents
Thankful Quotes and Sayings
1. Be thankful for what you are now, and keep fighting for what you want to be tomorrow.
2. Thank you Universe for the good things in my life that I don’t know about yet.
3. Begin each day with a grateful heart.
4. Always be thankful for what you have. Many people have nothing.
5. I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, and dreams that turned into reality.
6. Nothing is a coincidence. Everything you’re experiencing is meant to happen exactly how it’s happening. Embrace the lessons. Be grateful.
7. There will always be people in your life who treat you wrong. Be sure to thank them for making you strong. – Zig Ziglar
8. Never forget who helped you out while everyone else was making excuses.
9. No matter how hard life can get, go to bed grateful for all you have.
10. One of the greatest gifts you can give someone is thanking them for being part of your life.
11. Happiness comes when we stop complaining about the troubles we have and offer thanks for the troubles we don’t have.
12. Life’s a beach. Enjoy the waves.
13. The best way to be happy is to turn the negatives into positives. Don’t let anyone steal your joy and be thankful for what you have.
14. Remember when you prayed for the things you have now.
15. When some things go wrong, take a moment to be thankful for a moment to be thankful for the many things that are going right.
16. Unfortunately, I’m not 185 and 6-3 and can run and catch fade routes all game. I do the dirty work. I’m all good. I’m thankful for it. Somebody’s got to do it. – Darnell Dockett
17. This little kid pointed at me and said, ‘You look disgusting!’ That was the first time I thought maybe I did. I decided I’d better start eating. I’m just thankful that I made it through with relatively few scars. – Susan Dey
18. I’ve done it all. I’m thankful and proud of what I’ve accomplished in my life. I hope to keep doing it. – Ralph Stanley
19. If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough. – Meister Eckhart
20. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. – Melody Beattie
21. Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. – Melody Beattie
22. I was given such a great gift. It’s a miracle that never stops amazing me and reminding me to give thanks, every day. Having a wife and daughter gives me a lot more purpose. I was much more selfish before, but now I think about what kind of role model I’ll be. I just want to be a better man. – Jake Owen
23. Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough. – Oprah Winfrey
24. I have a lot to be thankful for. I am healthy, happy and I am loved. – Reba McEntire
25. Be true to yourself, help others, make each day your masterpiece, make friendship a fine art, drink deeply from good books – especially the Bible, build a shelter against a rainy day, give thanks for your blessings and pray for guidance every day. – John Wooden
26. Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you’ll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you’ll find that you have more of it. – Ralph Marston
27. At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. – Albert Schweitzer
28. Many times, the decisions we make affect and hurt your closest friends and family the most. I have a lot of regrets in that regard. But God has forgiven me, which I am very thankful for. It has enabled me to forgive myself and move forward one day at a time. – Lex Luger
29. I do believe that God blessed me in life with a wonderful family, a successful career, and a loving marriage, and remain thankful for that blessing. – Bonnie Tyler
30. When you practice gratefulness, there is a sense of respect toward others. – Dalai Lama
31. Whatever we are waiting for – peace of mind, contentment, grace, the inner awareness of simple abundance – it will surely come to us, but only when we are ready to receive it with an open and grateful heart. – Sarah Ban Breathnach
32. Let me encourage you to get up every day and focus on what you do have in life. Be thankful for the blessings of the little things, even when you don’t get what you expect. – Victoria Osteen
33. Thank you for life, and all the little ups and downs that make it worth living. – Travis Barker
34. Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others. – Marcus Tullius Cicero
35. When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around. – Willie Nelson
36. I’m thankful for every moment. – Al Green
37. I am thankful the most important key in history was invented. It’s not the key to your house, your car, your boat, your safety deposit box, your bike lock or your private community. It’s the key to order, sanity, and peace of mind. The key is ‘Delete.’ – Elayne Boosler
38. Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, and understanding. – Alice Walker
39. I’m just thankful I’m surrounded by good people. – Jon Pardi
40. I am even thankful for the negative things that have made me a stronger and better person. – Joanna Krupa
41. I am very thankful and blessed to have a healthy and happy baby boy and baby mama. – Eric Church
42. I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful – for all of it. – Kristin Armstrong
43. I don’t think you should spend your life praying for things, but I do believe you should thank God for what He’s given you. But I think the scripture teaches us that we can pray for our dreams, pray for the big things. He’s not a small God; this God is incredible. – Joel Osteen
44. If you suffer, thank God! It is a sure sign that you are alive. – Elbert Hubbard
45. Be grateful for what you have and stop complaining – it bores everybody else, does you no good, and doesn’t solve any problems. – Zig Ziglar
46. The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest. – William Blake
47. I pray to start my day and finish it in prayer. I’m just thankful for everything, all the blessings in my life, trying to stay that way. I think that’s the best way to start your day and finish your day. It keeps everything in perspective. – Tim Tebow
48. Appreciation is the highest form of prayer, for it acknowledges the presence of good wherever you shine the light of your thankful thoughts. – Alan Cohen
49. Let us be grateful to the mirror for revealing to us our appearance only. – Samuel Butler
50. Gratitude changes the pangs of memory into a tranquil joy. – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
51. Be thankful we’re not getting all the government we’re paying for. – Will Rogers
52. No one who achieves success does so without acknowledging the help of others.
53. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude. – Alfred North Whitehead
54. No one who achieves success does so without acknowledging the help of others.
55. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude. – Alfred North Whitehead
56. Gratitude is the most exquisite form of courtesy. – Jacques Maritain
57. Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. – John Milton
58. I suffer the mortification of seeing myself attacked right and left by people at home professing patriotism and love of country who never heard the whistle of a hostile bullet. I pity them and the nation dependent on such for its existence. I am thankful, however, that, though such people make a great noise, the masses are not like them. – Ulysses S. Grant
59. There’s no happier person than a truly thankful, content person. – Joyce Meyer
60. Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses. – Alphonse Karr
61. I give all the glory to God. It’s kind of a win-win situation. The glory goes up to Him and the blessings fall down on me. – Gabby Douglas
62. No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks. James Allen
63. I don’t know about changing my perspective, because motherhood is such a glorious blessing and I am very thankful for that. It’s such a beautiful experience. I so strongly recommend it. Its bliss, love and fulfillment of another level. – Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
64. In the household in which I was raised, the themes were pretty simple. ‘Work hard. Don’t quit. Be appreciative, be thankful, be grateful, be respectful. Also, never whine, never complain. And always, for crying out loud, keep a sense of humor.’ – Michael Keaton
65. It’s been quite a roller coaster ride, but I’ve grown and learned a lot about myself. The greatest thing is being able to interact with fans and touch people’s lives. For that I give thanks. – Christina Aguilera
66. I believe that if you don’t derive a deep sense of purpose from what you do, if you don’t come radiantly alive several times a day, if you don’t feel deeply grateful at the tremendous good fortune that has been bestowed on you, then you are wasting your life. And life is too short to waste. – Srikumar Rao
67. It’s ironic that when you go through a tragedy, you appreciate more. You realize how fragile life is and that there are so many things to still be thankful for. – Adam Grant
68. If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share. – W. Clement Stone
69. Strive to find things to be thankful for, and just look for the good in who you are. – Bethany Hamilton
70. None of us got to where we are alone. Whether the assistance we received was obvious or subtle, acknowledging someone’s help is a big part of understanding the importance of saying thank you. – Harvey Mackay
71. The trick is to be grateful when your mood is high and graceful when it is low. – Richard Carlson
72. I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. – Gilbert K. Chesterton
73. I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose. – Woody Allen
74. Just don’t let the hype of what people are saying and how much they love you, you know, just take the compliment and be thankful that people are complimenting you, but don’t let it consume you; don’t let your circumstances around you and the way people view you make you act a certain way. – Mary J. Blige
75. Whatever life throws at me I’ll take it and be grateful for it as well. Tom Felton
76. My advice: Take a second out of the day today and be thankful for your family. – Jenna Morasca
77. Thanksgiving is a time when the world gets to see just how blessed and how workable the Christian system is. The emphasis is not on giving or buying, but on being thankful and expressing that appreciation to God and to one another. – John Clayton
78. So many people have touched my heart and made an impact on my world. I’m thankful for every lesson and learning experience. – Bindi Irwin
79. When a person doesn’t have gratitude, something is missing in his or her humanity. – Elie Wiesel
80. I am what I am thanks to my mother, my father, my brother, my sister, because they have given me everything. The education I have is thanks to them. – Ronaldinho
81. I am thankful for all the blessings and talents I have been given, but most of all I am thankful for my loving and supportive family. – Olivia Holt
82. Dear Lord, I’m so grateful I’m still loved. – Vivien Leigh
83. At Thanksgiving, I always start at the top of my list and say I’m grateful for friends, family, and good health. Then I get more superficial… like being thankful for my Louboutins. – Christie Brinkley
84. The simple act of saying ‘thank you’ is a demonstration of gratitude in response to an experience that was meaningful to a customer or citizen. – Simon Mainwaring
85. I’m thankful because all the hard work and sacrifices were worth it in the end. – WizKid
86. Thank you, dear God, for this good life and forgive us if we do not love it enough. Thank you for the rain. And for the chance to wake up in three hours and go fishing: I thank you for that now, because I won’t feel so thankful then. – Garrison Keillor
87. Be thankful for problems. If they were less difficult, someone with less ability might have your job. – Jim Lovell
88. I feel grateful because I have a lot of love in my life. I found the person I’m sharing my life with. I have a good man. – Gisele Bundchen
89. Keep your eyes open to your mercies. The man who forgets to be thankful has fallen asleep in life. – Robert Louis Stevenson
90. I’m thankful to God that my life changed, but I’m also still on my grind. – Tory Lanez
91. I wouldn’t change anything. I’ve made mistakes, but thanks to those mistakes, I’ve learned. – Enrique Iglesias
92. I feel like I’m doing what I love. If I can get out, shoot, film and climb, and be with my friends and family, I’m happy. It doesn’t take a lot. I don’t need to climb huge mountains. I have a deep connection with wilderness and the environment, and I’m thankful for that. – Jimmy Chin
93. Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone…just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had. – F. Scott Fitzgerald
94. Be thankful for everything that happens in your life; it’s all an experience. – Roy T. Bennett
95. Sometimes the little things in life mean the most. – Ellen Hopkins
96. Gratitude means to recognize the good in your life, be thankful for whatever you have, some people may not even have one of those things you consider precious to you (love, family, friends etc). Each day give thanks for the gift of life. You are blessed. – Pablo
97. Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire. – Anonymous, Holy Bible
98. I’ve started to look at life differently. When you’re thanking God for every little you – every meal, every time you wake up, every time you take a sip of water – you can’t help but be more thankful for life itself, for the unlikely and miraculous fact that you exist at all. – A.J. Jacobs
99. A little “thank you” that you will say to someone for a “little favor” shown to you is a key to unlock the doors that hide unseen “greater favors”. Learn to say “thank you” and why not?”. – Israelmore Ayivor
100. The gift was not large as money goes, and my need was not great, but the spirit of the gift is beyond price and leaves me blessed and in debt. – Robert Fulghum
101. I want to thank you for the profound joy I’ve had in the in the thought of you. – Rosie Alison
102. In the New Year, never forget to thank your past years because they enabled you to reach today! Without the stairs of the past, you cannot arrive at the future. – Mehmet Murat Ildan
103. This path was not that of my conscious choosing. But after persistent subconscious confrontation, I have finally embraced what is, ‘solely’ for me, and I am thankful when called upon, to be able to share and give to those who seek their own way of the path. – T.F. Hodge
104. Life is a web of intersections and choices. Your 1st choice is to recognize an intersection. Your 2nd choice is to be grateful for it. – Ryan Lilly
105. Always be thankful for the little things… even the smallest mountains can hide the most breathtaking views. – Nyki Mack
106. I am thankful to God every day for the Gift of Life because even if I were the richest in the world, I still wouldn’t afford to buy Life. – Gift Gugu Mona
107. Don’t brood over your misfortunes; be thankful for what you still have. – Latika Teotia
108. I am grateful for the grace of existence. – Lailah Gifty Akita
109. What am I most thankful for? LOVE! Because without it, I wouldn’t have a life. – Anthony T.Hincks
110. Never regret a day in your life. Good days give happiness, bad days give experience, worst days give lessons, and best days give memories.
111. Ungrateful people complain about the one thing you haven’t done for them instead of being thankful for the thousands of things you have done for them.
112. When asked if my cup is half-full or half empty, my only response is that I am thankful I have a cup.
113. Be thankful for the struggles you go through. They make you stronger, wiser and humble. Don’t let them break you. Let them make you.
114. Happy are those who take life day by day, complain very little and are thankful for the little things in life.
115. Happiness isn’t about getting what you want all the time. It’s about loving what you have and being grateful for it.
116. Be thankful for what you have. Your life, no matter how bad you think it is, is someone else’s fairytale.
117. A grateful heart is a magnet for miracles.
118. Upon waking, let your first thought be, Thank you.
119. Every day may not be good. But there’s something good in every day.
120. Give thanks to the Lord for he is good. His steadfast love endures forever. – Psalm 136
121. I am thankful for all those difficult people in my life. They have shown me exactly who I do not want to be.
122. Replace expectation with gratitude.
123. The secret of being happy is accepting where you are in life and making the most of every day.
124. I’m thankful for my struggle because without it I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength.
125. Remember that life’s greatest lessons are usually learned at the worst times and from the worst mistakes.
126. In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican. – H. L. Mencken
127. A single grateful thought toward heaven is the most perfect prayer. Gotthold – Ephraim Lessing
Bible Verses about Being Thankful for Life, Someone, Jesus, Family, People, Food, Blessings, Friends, Parents; Being Thankful & Happy; Being Thankful & Blessed; Being Thankful for all things, Being Thankful for what you have.
Explore Bible Verses, Scriptures, Quotes & Passages about & on Being thankful ~ Popular, Good & Best Inspirational Bible Verses about Being thankful.
*Being thankful for what we have: Being thankful for life, Being thankful for someone, Being thankful for Jesus, Being thankful for family, Being thankful for food, Being thankful for blessings, Being thankful for friends, Being thankful for God, Being thankful for parents (mothers & fathers), Being thankful for family & friends, Being thankful for children & kids, Being thankful for love, Being thankful for the day, Being thankful for a friend, Being thankful for others, Being thankful for your blessings, Being thankful for trials, Being thankful for today, Being grateful for what you have, Being thankful for each day.
*Being grateful for someone ~ Being thankful for your family, your friends, your spouse, your parents & your kids; Being grateful to God.
*Being grateful for what we have ~ Being thankful in hard times, Being thankful for gifts, Being thankful for salvation, Being thankful for rain; Being thankful for you; and Being thankful for everything we have.
Bible verses that talk about being thankful include short bible verses about being thankful; as well as longer bible verses regarding being thankful. What does the Bible say about being thankful always? What does the Bible say about being thankful in all things, in everything, & in all circumstances? What does the Bible say about being thankful to God? What does the Bible say about being thankful to others? What does the Bible say about being thankful for what you have? What does the Bible say about not being thankful? What does the Bible say we should be thankful for? What does the Bible say about a thankful heart?
Good, Popular, Encouraging & Inspirational ESV, NLT, KJV, NIV Scriptures.
See Also: Bible Verses about Giving Thanks, Bible Verses about Counting your Blessings,
Bible Verses about Appreciating God, Bible Verses about Appreciating Others
Bible Verses about Being Thankful – Good, Popular & Best Inspirational Bible Verses about being thankful for what we have; Scriptures, Quotes & Bible Verses about Being Thankful & Happy, Being Thankful & Blessed
Be thankful for what you have ~ Have an attitude of gratitude ~
Contentment will come to you!
#1 Bible Verses about Being Thankful in all Things & in all Circumstances
What does the Bible say about being thankful in all circumstances? 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18, NIV Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6, NIV Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God.
#2 Bible Verses about Being Thankful for Life
Bible verses regarding being thankful for life and the blessing of God’s presence.Psalm 16:11, NIV You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
#3 Bible Verses about Being Thankful for Someone – Thankful for Joy
1 Thessalonians 3:9, NIV How can we thank God enough for you in return for all the joy we have in the presence of our God because of you?
#4 Bible Verses about Being Thankful for Jesus – God’s Indescribable Gift!
John 3:16, ESV For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Favorite short bible verses about being thankful 2 Corinthians 9:15, NIV Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!
#5 Bible Verses about Being Thankful for Family, Your Family – Love!
Romans 12:10, AMP Love one another with brotherly affection , giving precedence and showing honor to one another.
#6 Bible Verses about Being Thankful for People – I thank God for you
Philippians 1:3-4, NIV I thank God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy.
#7 Bible Verses about Being Thankful for Food & Provision – Praise the Lord!
Deuteronomy 8:10, NIV When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the Lord your God for the good land he has given you.
What does the Bible say about a thankful heart?Psalm 138:1-2, ESV I give you thanks, O LORD, with my whole heart…I bow down toward your holy temple and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word.
#8 Bible Verses about Being Thankful for Blessings – The Lord is good!
Psalm 100:1-5, ESV Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing! Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.
#9 Bible Verses about Being Thankful for Friends, Your Friends
Proverbs 27:9, NLT The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense.
Proverbs 27:17, NLT As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.
John 15:13, ESV Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.
Bible Verses about Friends & Friendship
#10 Bible Verses about Being Thankful for Parents, Your Parents
Exodus 20:12, NIV Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.
Proverbs 23:22, ESV Listen to your father who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old.
#11 Bible Verses about Being Thankful & Blessed: Thankful for Blessings
Ephesians 1:3, ESV Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,
John 1:16, NLT From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another.
#12 Bible Verses about Being Thankful & Happy: Thankful, Joyful, Glad!
1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18, NIV Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
Psalm 9:1-2, ESV I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and exult in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.
Bible Verses about Choosing Joy
#13 Bible Verses about Being Thankful for all things
What does the Bible say about being thankful in all things, in everything?Ephesians 5:20, ESV Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Colossians 2:7, NIV Rooted and built up in Christ, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
#14 Bible Verses about Being Thankful for what you have – Don’t Forget!
Psalm 103:1-5, NLT Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies.He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!
#15 Bible Verses about Being Thankful for what we have – Every gift
More bible verses that talk about being thankfulJames 1:17, ESV Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
1 Timothy 4:4-5, ESV For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.
#16 Bible Verses about Being Thankful for Family & Friends
Proverbs 17:17, NIV A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.
Proverbs 17:17, NLT A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need.
#17 Bible Verses about Being Thankful for Children, Kids, Your Kids
Psalm 127:3, NLT Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him.
3 John 1:4, ESV I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
#18 Bible Verses about Being Thankful for Love – Steadfast & Unfailing
Psalm 107:1, ESV Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!
Psalm 107:8, NIV Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men.
#19 Bible Verses about Being Thankful for your Spouse – Watch & Pray
Colossians 4:2, ESV Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.
Psalm 20:4, ESV May he grant you your heart’s desire and fulfill all your plans!
#20 Bible Verses about Being Thankful for Someone
Bible Verses about Being grateful for someone ~ eg family, friends, spouse, parents, children, kids; Being thankful for a friend, etc.Ephesians 1:16, ESV I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers,
#21 Bible Verses about Being Thankful for the Day – Enjoy the blessing!
Ecclesiastes 5:18-20, MSG After looking at the way things are on this earth, here’s what I’ve decided is the best way to live: Take care of yourself, have a good time, and make the most of whatever job you have for as long as God gives you life. And that’s about it. That’s the human lot. Yes, we should make the most of what God gives, both the bounty and the capacity to enjoy it, accepting what’s given and delighting in the work. It’s God’s gift! God deals out joy in the present, the now. It’s useless to brood over how long we might live.
#22 Bible Verses about Being Thankful for Others ~ Encourage one Another
What does the Bible say about being thankful to others?1 Thessalonians 5:11, NIV Therefore encourage one another and build each other up…
“Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” ~ Marcel Proust
#23 Bible Verses about Being Thankful for your Blessings – Give Thanks!
Isaiah 12:4-5, ESV And you will say in that day: “Give thanks to the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the peoples, proclaim that his name is exalted. “Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth.
#24 Bible Verses about Being Thankful for Trials – Character Building
James 1:2-4, NIV Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
#25 Bible Verses about Being Thankful for Today – Rejoice, & Be Glad!
Psalm 118:24, ESV This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 18:49, NIV Therefore I will praise you among the nations, O Lord; I will sing praises to your name.
#26 Bible Verses about Being Thankful for Each Day – Do everything to God
Colossians 3:17, ESV And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
#27 Bible Verses about Being grateful for what you have – Don’t be Silent
Psalm 30:12, ESV That my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!
#28 Bible Verses about Being grateful to God, Being Thankful for God
What does the Bible say about being thankful to God? What does the Bible say about not being thankful?Revelation 11:17, NIV We give thanks to you, Lord God almighty, the One who is and who was…
Colossians 3:15-16, ESV And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
#29 Bible Verses about Being grateful for what we have – Testify!
What does the Bible say about being thankful for what you have?Psalm 105:1, ESV Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples!
#30 Bible Verses about Being thankful in hard times – God is our refuge
Psalm 46:1-11, ESV God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling. There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns. .
#31 Bible Verses about Being thankful for gifts – Every Gift
James 1:17, ESV Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
2 Corinthians 9:15, ESV Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!
#32 Bible Verses about Being thankful for salvation – Gift of God
Ephesians 2:8, ESV For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,
#33 Bible Verses about Being thankful for rain – God supplies rain
Psalm 147:7-9, NIV Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving; make music to our God on the harp. He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills. He provides food for the cattle and for the young ravens when they call.
#34 Bible Verses about Being thankful for you: Fearfully, wonderfully made
Psalm 139:14, ESV I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
#35 Bible Verses about Being thankful for everything we have
What does the Bible say about being thankful always? And what does the Bible say we should be thankful for?Ephesians 5:20, ESV Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Chronicles 29:13, ESV And now we thank you, our God, and praise your glorious name.
Psalm 118:28, ESV You are my God, and I will give thanks to you; you are my God; I will extol you.
I pray these Good, Popular, Encouraging & Inspirational ESV, KJV, NIV Scripture Quotes on Being Thankful have been a blessing to you. What are you thankful for?
Thanks for reading, Dear Friends!
Have a wonderfully blessed, stress-free, productive, and joyful day!
Much Love & Blessings,
Bomi Jolly ~ JollyNotes.com
Previous: Bible Verses about Foreigners, Strangers & Aliens – 10 Bible Passages
Next: Here I am Lord send me!
Want to help?
Get Daily Bible Verses Email – Free Inspirational Daily Devotional (Inspirational Bible Verses & Quotes; Inspirational Scriptures, Passages, Bible Scriptures)
*If you’ve been blessed, please take a minute to share this page with others – See sharing buttons below. Thank you Thank you Thank you for sharing! 🙂
Thankfulness is an important quality for all people, especially for Christians.
Put simply, thankfulness is recognizing good things that have happened to you, and acknowledging the people who made those good things happen.
In the Bible, thankfulness is recognizing who God is and what he has done.
I’ve written a bit on the topic of thanksgiving: including giving a definition of thanksgiving from the Bible and exploring which book of the Bible speaks about thankfulness most. But I haven’t written a great deal about what the Bible says about giving thanks . . . so let’s change that. =)
So here’s a big list of Bible passages about being thankful. Specifically, I’ve pulled together Scriptures with either examples of people expressing gratitude or outright instructions to be thankful. (I may have had a little help.)
So here’s what we got, folks:
- 13 biblical examples of thanksgiving
- Four things the Bible tells us to be thankful for
- The top books of the Bible on thankfulness
By the way: If you’re looking for Sunday school goodies on thanksgiving, check out these lists of craft ideas and coloring pages.
13 examples of thankfulness in the Bible
Here’s a list of biblical examples of people showing gratitude.
1. David thanks God for his kingdom
Before becoming king of Israel, David was a wanted man. The current king Saul was threatened by David’s popularity with the people, and hunted David across the countryside.
However, God delivered David from Saul and all his enemies, and made David the king of Israel. Under David’s leadership, Israel’s influence expanded greatly. David became a high king, with the surrounding nations acknowledging him as their ruler.
After Saul’s death, David sings a song of praise to God, which includes this line near the end:
You exalted me above my foes;
from a violent man you rescued me.
Therefore I will praise you, LORD, among the nations
(2 Sam 22:49–50a)
The Hebrew for “praise” here actually means an expression of thanks to God.
2. David thanks God for wealth (while giving it back to God)
You probably know that Solomon was the king of Israel who had the privilege of building a temple to the Lord in Jerusalem. (That’s why it’s called “Solomon’s temple.”) It was a magnificent, magnificent building.
But Solomon didn’t design it: that honor goes to David. Before he died, David made plans for a great temple in Jerusalem. Those plans included a massive fundraising campaign to collect gold, silver, jewels, and supplies for building the temple.
That fundraiser was wildly successful: the leaders of the people gave generously—even out-giving David himself!
David was overjoyed. In response to his people’s generosity, he gave a prayer of thanks to God which includes this tidbit:
Wealth and honor come from you;
you are the ruler of all things.
In your hands are strength and power
to exalt and give strength to all.
Now, our God, we give you thanks,
and praise your glorious name.
(1 Ch 29:12–13)
3. The psalmist thanks God for salvation
In the 118th Psalm, the psalmist calls all the people to give thanks to the Lord, then launches into a testimony of how God delivered him (or her) from disaster.
I will give you thanks, for you answered me;
you have become my salvation.
4. The psalmist thanks God for his laws
Psalm 119 is the crown jewel of the psalter: a long, long ode to the Torah. The psalmist writing this piece extols God’s laws over and over and over again, including in the 62nd verse.
Here, the psalmist is proclaiming his dedication to the laws of the Lord. He goes so far as to say he wakes up in the middle of the night to thank God for his laws:
At midnight I rise to give you thanks
for your righteous laws.
5. Daniel thanks God for wisdom and power
Few characters in the Bible are quite like Daniel. This young man of royal blood was captured in Judah before Jerusalem was destroyed, and taken away to Babylon. Daniel resolves to be faithful to God and his laws, while also striving to seek the good of the city he lives in (Jer. 29:7).
Early in the book of Daniel, King Nebuchadnezzar has a troubling dream. He cannot understand it, and demands that the magicians and wise men of Babylon explain it to him. Nobody can except Daniel—who understands that this wisdom is given to him from God:
I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors:
You have given me wisdom and power,
you have made known to me what we asked of you,
you have made known to us the dream of the king
Daniel is not only given wisdom, but great influence as well. For interpreting the king’s dream, Daniel is made the ruler of all Babylon’s wise men.
6. The healed leper thanks Jesus
During Bible times, leprosy was a serious problem. A leper had to live outside the community of people, as they were “unclean.” Lepers were disgraced outcasts in Jewish society.
But when 10 lepers happen upon Jesus, they call out to him for mercy. Jesus heals them all, but one thanks him for doing so.
The twist: the thankful man is a Samaritan! Even after being cleansed of his illness, he was still someone that the religious Jews would see as an outsider. Yet he still comes to Jesus, a Jew, and thanks him.
He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan.
7. Jesus gives thanks before meals
Jesus “gives thanks” before both miraculously feeding multitudes and announcing the New Covenant at the Last Supper.
Then he took the seven loaves and the fish, and when he had given thanks, he broke them and gave them to the disciples, and they in turn to the people. They all ate and were satisfied.
Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, and they all drank from it.
8. Jesus thanks God to demonstrate his authority
Right before raising Lazarus from the dead, Jesus thanks God for hearing him. (Though he says it for the benefit of those watching the miracle take place.)
Then Jesus looked up and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me.”
9. Tertullus thanks Felix for peaceful governance
When the Jews try to kill Paul, a Roman commander sends him to the governor to have the case examined. The Jews try to frame Paul as a troublemaker, and bring Tertullus, a lawyer, to plead their case.
Tertullus’ strategy is to thank the governor, Felix, for a period of peace. He then accuses Paul of disturbing that peace that Felix has maintained.
We have enjoyed a long period of peace under you, and your foresight has brought about reforms in this nation. Everywhere and in every way, most excellent Felix, we acknowledge this with profound gratitude.
What a suck-up.
But still, if your local political leaders are doing a good job in your community, consider sending them a letter of thanks. Their interns will enjoy reading it.
10. Paul gives thanks to God for bread and safety
Paul’s ship is about to be wrecked, and everyone aboard knows it. However, Paul assures them that nobody will perish in the accident. He encourages everyone to eat a meal so that they have enough energy to swim for shore.
Before breaking bread, he thanks God in front of all the passengers and begins to eat. His shipmates are encouraged, and eat as well.
took some bread and gave thanks to God in front of them all.
11. Paul thanks God for Christian fellowship in Rome
Paul is greeted in Rome by a group of brothers and sisters who traveled to welcome him to the city. When he sees these people, he expresses gratitude to God.
At the sight of these people Paul thanked God and was encouraged.
12. Paul thanks God for Christian church members and friends
Paul thanks God for the Romans (1:8), the Corinthians (1 Cor 1:4), the Ephesians (1:16), the Philippians (1:3), the Colossians’ faith (1:3), the Thessalonians (1 Thess 1:2; 2:13; 2 Thess 1:3; 2:13), and Philemon (4).
He especially calls out Priscilla and Aquilla, who risked their lives for him. Paul says that all churches of the Gentiles are grateful to them (Ro 16:3).
13. Paul thanks God for spiritual gifts
OK, technically Paul thanks God that he speaks in tongues (more than the Corinthians, BTW). But even though tongues is a terrific gift from God, Paul notes that it’s not as useful as intelligible instruction.
I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you. 19 But in the church I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue.
(1 Co 14:18–19)
4 things the Bible tells us to be thankful for
Just for fun, I also made a list of things the Bible calls its readers to be thankful for. =)
1. Thank God for his goodness
He’s good, and he’s done great things for his people. The writer of Psalm 136 hits this hard:
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.
His love endures forever.
That’s the most famous call to thank God for his goodness, but it’s a very common theme in the Old Testament. Psalms 106, 107, and 108 open with the same line. When David appoints Asaph over the musicians at the tabernacle, they thank God for his goodness and everlasting lovingkindness. The same thing happens when Zerubabbel lays the foundations of the second temple (1 Chr 16:34; Ezra 3:11).
Which brings us to our second thing to thank God for:
2. Thank God for his lovingkindness
See above! =)
3. Thank God for your local church
Paul tells the Colossians to act toward one another in love and unity. Because Jesus has established peace, and because we are all part of Christ’s body, we should be at peace with one another.
Paul encourages his readers to sing to God from a heart of gratitude, and to do everything while giving thanks to God.
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
4. Thank God for everything
Thanks, Paul. Just in case we were getting choosey about what to give thanks for . . .
Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, 20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
And I should also note that Paul tells the Thessalonian church to thank God in all circumstances. (Even though they were being persecuted for their faith.)
The top books on thankfulness in the Bible
You might wonder, out of all 66 books of the Bible, which one focuses on thanksgiving the most?
Psalms mentions thanksgiving far, far more than any other book of the Bible. However, it accomplishes this by sheer volume. I was more interested in finding the books with the highest concentration of thanksgiving language (just like how we found the bossiest book of the Bible).
Here’s what I found to be the books of the Bible that most frequently mention thankfulness:
(9 mentions in 4 chapters)
The book of Colossians is all about being established in Christ. Paul is writing to the church in the city of Colossae to help them understand who they are in Christ and how they should live as a result. And throughout the book, thankfulness and gratitude consistently emerge as the attitude established Christians should have.
The theme verse of this epistle sums it up nicely:
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. (Col 2:6–7)
2. 2 Corinthians
(16 mentions in 13 chapters)
Although the epistle is primarily about reconciliation between Paul and the church at Corinth, there’s a good dose of thankfulness language across this book. The most-quoted examples occur where Paul is discussing generosity and fundraising. Paul tells the Corinthian church that their generosity will bring about a positive end: the recipients of their gift will be thankful to God.
It’s an argument that we don’t hear so often: but one of the positive effects of our generosity is that it prompts people to praise and thank God. (And they should be grateful to him—he has already blessed us with the greatest of gifts!)
(Sidenote: if you want to learn more about generosity, check out this list of Bible verses on the matter. If you’re curious about how Paul and the early church raised funds, here’s a helpful article that breaks it down.)
(1 mention in 1 chapter)
Now, to a degree this is cheating. Philemon is only one chapter long, and Paul only mentions thankfulness in his greeting to Philemon: ” I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers …” (Philemon 4). It’s the same opening that Paul gives the Colossian church. But I didn’t feel quite right about throwing it out of the list, because this greeting is how Paul sets up a very controversial argument.
The book of Philemon is a letter from the apostle Paul to a church leader in Colossae, and a good deal of New Testament scholars think the letter to Philemon was sent along with the epistle of Colossians. Paul is writing to Philemon urging him to embrace a runaway slave as a brother in Christ—freeing him forever. That’s a lot to ask, especially since it seems the runaway caused Philemon some damage (vv18–19).
Paul begins this letter by telling Philemon that he always thanks God for the love that Philemon shows to other Christians. He then goes on to ask Philemon to free the runaway on the basis of Philemon’s love for Paul (v8).
So although Philemon only mentions thanksgiving once, it’s still a vital part of the letter, and therefore keeping its place on the list.
And in case you’re curious, here’s the chart I made that breaks down the books of the Bible by mentions of thankfulness (or “thanks, or “thanksgiving” per chapter. (Another reason I’m a fan of Logos!)
Be thankful: it’s important
The Bible has a good deal to say about thankfulness, and it’s a trait that children of God should show.
So be thankful!