Here, we have a prayer for family to ask for God’s help in strengthening a family’s bond. Sometimes, members of our families can be the cause of a lot of stress and worry.
Bring them closer to yourself, and God with this family prayer.
- 1 Prayer to Keep Family Together
- 2 Bible Verses about Family
- 3 Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer for Family”
- 4 Recent prayer requests…
- 5 Prayers for family members problems and strength
- 6 Prayer for Family Unity
- 7 Prayer for Protection Over Family Members
- 8 Prayer for a Troubled Family Relationship
- 9 Prayer for Grandchildren
- 10 Prayer for Your Family’s Strength
- 11 Prayer for a Healthy Pregnancy
- 12 Verses:
Prayer to Keep Family Together
Say this prayer to help bring your family closer together. Make sure to say the names of any family member you want included in the prayer. Your husband (or wife), sons, daughters, father or mother.
Use this prayer, and write your own at the bottom of this page.
A Prayer for Family
Please shine your light upon my family.
Give us strength to overcome all of the
difficulties that we are dealing with now
and protect us against any and all problems
we may encounter in the future.
O Lord, please bring us together as we
are meant to be. May the love that binds
us only grow stronger as we fulfill the destiny
you have laid out for us.
Grant my family forgiveness for any sins we
have committed. May we also forgive one
another Lord, as it is sometimes difficult to do.
Bless us Lord,
In your name I pray, Amen
Bible Verses about Family
“For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.”
Check out what the bible has to say about family with these Bible Verses.
Family is an important part of one’s life, and is also very important to God. From Adam and Eve onward, God made humans to be together with love to guide and support one another. Through prayer we can make our families stronger.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer for Family”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Prayer to move back to my hometown with husband as we start a family- Dear God, Thank you for every blessing you’ve given me in this life. I recently married an amazing man and we want desperately to move… …
- My Family- Please, Lord, I pray that you give my family strength and love. I wish w/all my heart you give my son the strength and knowledge… …
- God’s Divine Intervention- Dear Abba, I know my husband and I belong to you. You know my wants and prayers. Please help and protect my husband and I… …
- Prayer for a life partner and a family- Lord you know my heart desires.Am requesting for a life partner and a family of my own. I have waited for this opportunity to have… …
- My god my all- Prayers for my whole family my they find the goodness of god in this life. For my husband may he find the peace he needs… …
- God’s Divine Intervention- Dear God, Please help me I go back to work today and I need your guidance and extra support. Lord I’m still sick but my… …
- Reunite our family bring back my stolen Child- Near 3 years I am asking and asking to have my child and dog returned to me, I do not know what I did so… …
- Family Peace- Please most revered Saint Jude, please intercede on my behalf for grace and mercy in repairing the rift between me, my son and his wife.… …
- Family in laws to bond and be closer- Dear God, I thank you for the gift of life, health, family, love and peace you have granted unto me and my loved ones. Lord… …
- Faith- I ask God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit to guide me steps for my decisions with my unemployment. I put so much trust in… …
- God’s Divine Intervention- Dear God, Thank you for my small blessing today. Please grant me wish for my husband’s job. God please help him. …
- God’s Divine Intervention- Please send a Mayday prayer tonight my husband. He needs help obtaining a job from God. Please pray to god that he helps him obtain… …
- Worry and fear- Pray for me for I am consumed by worry and fear, also for my brother, William Jordan, he is bound by depression and anxiety and… …
- Heal my Brother- Lord God, I seek for your help to heal my brother’s depression and anxiety. I can’t recognize him at all. He became a different person.… …
- God’s Divine Intervention- Dear God, Please send Angele and Saints to help my husband gets a job offer this week or please give him significant provisions To help… …
- Oder- Prayer for Family salvation starting with my husband, son, daughter. For the Lord to have an encounter with each of them. Establish Gods will and… …
- The family in need- I need prayer for my family and myself. I’m 59 and have not worked for about 4yrs, I’m disabled but social security won’t help us,… …
- Family prayer and employment- Lord, Jesus just wanna say thank you for being you.please pray for my family and employment and health in Jesus name bless my household and… …
- Prayer to pay debt- Dear heavenly father bless me with finances to be able to clear debts (my dad gave me money to grow my business but the business… …
- Prayer to pay debt- Dear heavenly father bless me with finances to be able to clear debts (my dad gave me money to grow my business but the business… …
More prayers posted in: Family
Prayers for family members are prayers for keeping a family together and safe. It is a prayer we say to ask God for help to solve family members problems and to strengthen your family. Sometimes our family members can be the cause of distraction and worry. Some your family members don’t have a personal relationship with God, so your prayer for these family members is essential. Remember the words of pop John Paul II: “A family that prays together stays together”.
Prayers for family members problems and strength
Heavenly Father I thank you for the family I am born into. I thank you that it is the greatest choice you made for me. I ask that you keep my family from all forms of evil in Jesus. God, I pray that your presence never departs from my family and that your purpose for my family be established. Let my family solve all the problems we face. May the plan of the devil to steal, kill and destroy never succeed against any member of my family. I declare that in my family everyone will grow in the knowledge of the Lord. God, I pray for strength to my family members. In Jesus name. Amen.
Our scriptural reference for importance of family prayer is taken from Joshua 24:15: “But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord”.
Joshua said to the Israelites, as for me and my household we shall serve the Lord because he knew the great benefits that lie in one’s relationship with the Lord. Beloved, if indeed you love your family you will know that organizing of special prayers for your family members will go a long way to help them. It’s long way to know the Lord and to have His divine purpose fulfilled.
Also 1 Corinthians 7:14, shows us the power of prayers for family members. It teaches us that we can by prayer help to seek of sanctification of our unbelieving spouse.
Do you know that even Jesus our Lord, while he was on earth, prayed to God over certain issues? (Hebrews 5:7-8). It shows us how powerful prayer. It’s cleat that we need to include a special prayer for family members in our daily routine.
Two major reasons why we must say prayers for family members:
- They are our loved ones.
- It is important that we pray for our family members. Then the Lord could protect them from the devil’s attack that can make them become a major source of distraction to us. In the Bible, we see how Abraham involved in a war with five kings because he wanted to rescue Lot from their bondage.
In special prayer for family members we shall be taking our prayer points from the passages of the Bible. Since the Bible is the word of God, there is no way one will prayer wrongly in accordance to it. Prayer is the involvement of the hand of God in making what we want to become possible. When God gets involved, it becomes easy to solve the problems, to get the result we desire.
- I command all the threefold assignment of the devil written in John 10:10 never succeed against my family in Jesus name.
- Like Joshua I confess that both I and the members of my family will serve the Lord in Jesus name.
- Heavenly father I pray that you preserve my family from making wrong choices capable of causing untimely death in any way in Jesus name (Ruth 1:1-5).
- Isaiah 54:13 O God according to your word, teach my children the way of salvation and let their peace be great in Jesus name (Isaiah 54:13).
- I rebuke the spirit of untimely death from my family and call that the promise of God for long life be made manifest upon every member of my family in Jesus name (Psalms 91:16).
- According to your word of God in the book of Ephesians 3:14-15 the name of my family springs from you let it be impossible for evil powers to destroy my family in Jesus name.
- O God expose by fire every serpent-like person sent to disorganize my family in Jesus name.
Read also: PRAYER POINTS FOR THE FAMILY
Family Unity. It is a treasure to us all, and something very precious to each of us. The Lord blesses us with family members to lead, counsel, love and take care of, and in exchange, our family does the same for us. Praying for our family is something we should do daily. Whether someone you love needs God’s grace in a hard situation, or you simply want to bless his or her walk in life through our Lord Jesus Christ.
If the need for prayer and protection for your family and loved ones is what you are seeking most, whether in your own life, or in the life of someone you love, let us pray for you at the holiest place on earth, the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. We have faith that sending your prayer to the place where our Lord Jesus Christ gave his life for us will help your request be granted! It is our honor and privilege to be a prayer warrior for you, and to ask the Lord to watch over you, protect you, and keep you, always. Please submit your prayer request today.
They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.” Acts 16:31
Prayer for Family Unity
Lord, I want to thank You for this precious family of mine. For the talents and good things that You have given each of us. Please keep us united, and our bond strong as the days pass. Please guide us, protect us and equip us to do Your will each and every day. Thank You for all that You are, and all that You have given us. My heart is forever grateful!
Prayer for Protection Over Family Members
Lord, I ask for protection and safety over my spouse, my children, my parents, my family members and myself today. Please lead us with Your mighty hands today and always. Deliver us from any enemy and evil that try to hinder our way. Do not let the ways of the enemy blind our eyes. We know that You are for us, so that no one could ever stop us. Please watch over us and guide us all safely throughout this day, so that we may all arrive safely back home, Father. Amen.
Prayer for a Troubled Family Relationship
Heavenly Father, there is a war going on in the souls of many of my family members. I will not be silent about this, and I pray that you will look after them. I also come to you today to pray for the salvation of my family as well. Lord, may my family know You. I pray that they will learn to crave You just as I do. I pray that they will learn to stand strong in the face of trials and tribulations in life. When people knock them down, I pray that they stand up even stronger in You than ever before. I pray that they show love instead of revenge on those who do not agree with them. Give me strength to persevere through any troubles that come my way today. It is time to rise above the sin that comes at me and to that of my family members. It is in Your precious name I pray these things.
Prayer for Grandchildren
Heavenly Father, You have blessed me with precious grandchildren, and I am ever so grateful! I pray for these little souls, Lord. I also want to thank you for my own children. I have raised them up to praise You, and to look to You in all things. I lift up my grandchildren to You today, Lord. These little ones are precious gems in Your eyes, as well as in mine, and that of our family. Please watch over them each and every day. Keep them safe, and guide them in all that they do. I ask these things in Your precious name. Amen.
Prayer for Your Family’s Strength
Please shine your light upon my family today, Lord. Give us strength to overcome all of the difficulties that we are currently dealing with, and protect us against any and all problems we may encounter in future days. Lord, please bring us together as we are meant to be. May the love that binds us only grow stronger as we fulfill the path and desires You have laid out before each of us. Grant my family forgiveness for any sins we have committed against one another. Amen.
Prayer for a Healthy Pregnancy
Thank you Father for the little baby that is about to be born. Lord, I pray that You would protect this unborn child that is being knit together in his/her mother’s womb, and I pray Lord that You would give grace for a safe and healthy delivery at the right time.
May this baby grow up to know and love the Lord Jesus, which will make him/her wise unto salvation. I pray for Your protection and grace for this little baby who is shortly to take his/her place in this world, and I ask that he/she may grow in wisdom and understanding. Guard and protect both mother and child as the day for delivery draws ever closer, and keep them from all the perils and uncertainties in this journey. Amen.
“I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.” 1 Corinthians 1:10
“How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!” Psalm 133:1
“A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.” Proverbs 17:17
Prayer for families is the very foundation that keeps a family unit together. Have you heard the phrase “A family that prays together stays together”? The concept is true – a family that has their focus on praying to the Lord Jesus Christ has a foundation that may be shaken at times, but it will withstand all that comes against them.
It’s important for parents to have their children involved in family prayer because this helps build the children’s relationship with the Lord and also teaches them the importance of prayer. Families that pray together establish trust with one another, learn to pray in a fellowship, and come in agreement through Jesus. These disciplines help bring unity to the household.
The family is a small church and our ministry first starts at home. In 1 Timothy 3:5 we read, “If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?” Managing your family is caring for each member, teaching them God’s ways, leading them to grow in the Lord, and equipping them for adult life. Prayer is an important element in this process. A family who has a heart of prayer for each other will have a heart of prayer for the world.
Prayer for families can be done in a variety of ways – by you in your prayer closet, by praying together with your spouse, praying together as a family unit, and praying with friends. Praying for your family not only lays a foundation for family life, it also surrounds your family with protection and peace.
In many cases, the Lord reveals specific needs for your family members. He reveals pain that they may be feeling or certain things that are drawing them away from fellowship with Him. Praying for your family can give you insight from the Lord and most of all, prayer will bring you comfort as God reminds you of His promises. Perhaps some members of your family do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Prayer for the unsaved is vital.
Prayer for Families – Sample Prayers
- Prayer for protection and provision – Father, Thank you for my family. I ask that you bless them with Your favor. Provide for all of their needs. I ask You to protect them from harm and evil. Surround them in the shadow of Your wing. Go before them and prepare the way for them. If any path is crooked, I ask you to make it straight. Protect them from the schemes of the enemy and keep them from deception. Bring Your perfect peace to their hearts. In Jesus name I pray, amen.
- Prayer for unity – Father, I thank you for blessing me with my family. I ask you to bring us into unity through You. I ask that anything that is hidden in darkness – to cause disunity – will be brought to light. I ask You to lead us into Your perfect truth and help us to be the family You intend us to be. Lord, help us to be a blessing to one another and to others. Reveal Yourself to us and let us come into agreement with You. Lead us in Your ways. Grant us compassionate hearts, fill us with Your love that does not keep records of wrong, and bring joy to our hearts when we think of one another. Bring Your perfect peace and unity into our family. In Jesus name I pray, amen.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
– We have all
and deserve God’s judgment.
, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him.
, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He
for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was
rose from the dead
according to the
. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your
, declaring, “
Jesus is Lord
,” you will be saved from
and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What is your response?
Yes, today I am deciding to follow JesusYes, I am already a follower of JesusI still have questions