April 10-14 is National Cancer Registrars Week. Are you taking care of or know any patients who are battling the big C?
Despite the advanced technology and modern treatment plans, we, as nurses, should still value the proven benefits of prayers in healing our patients. We should take care of their faith and spiritual health as much as we care for their physical and mental needs.
Here are some of the most powerful healing prayers for cancer you can share.
A Healing Petition
May God heal me, body and soul. May my pain cease, may my strength increase, may my fears be released, May blessings, love, and joy surround me. Amen.
Prayer for Easing Pain
Father, with you nothing is impossible. You are God of all flesh; we love you and we are confident that no situation is too hard for you. We come to you on behalf of this dear one seeking healing from cancer. God, Jesus Christ has fully paid the price by the stripes He took; we therefore are asking that the devourer gets off from this child of yours in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen.
Prayer for Healing
Father God, we humbly pray for all those who are fighting cancer. Give them the hope and courage they need each day. Comfort them in their pain and bless them with healing. Strengthen their family, friends, and caregivers. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Prayer for Cancer Fighters
Heavenly Father, Give all cancer fighters comfort when they are in pain. Lay your healing hand on all and remove every cancer cell so that they may be healed! Amen
Prayer for Physicians and Nurses
Lord Jesus Christ, we call upon your blessed name and we pray for your merciful heart to surround these with love, strength, and courage and we ask Your hands to touch them with the power of healing. May they be directed to the right treatment in Your blessed name as we ask You Lord to represent the physicians, nurses, and medical care aids and administer them in Your spirits. May every cancerous cell be cast out and replaced with good ones. May every spot of this deadly cell be wiped out by Your powerful hands.
Prayer through St. Jude
God of healing mercy, in Jesus your Son you stretch out your hand in compassion, restoring the sinner, healing the sick, and lifting up those bowed down. Embrace us now in your loving care, particularly those afflicted with cancer, for whom this intention is offered. May the Spirit of Jesus bring us all health in soul and body, that with joy and thanksgiving we may praise you for your goodness, through the same Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
See Also: 20 Short But Effective Prayers for Surgery
Prayer through Saint Peregrine
O great St. Peregrine, you have been called “The Mighty,” “The Wonder-Worker,” because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you.
For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fibre of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favoured with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you.
(Pause here and silently recall the names of the sick for whom you are praying)
Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy.
Prayer through Saint Agatha
Oh St. Agatha, who withstood the unwelcome advances from unwanted suitors, and suffered pain and torture for her devotion to Our Lord, we celebrate your faith, dignity, and martyrdom. Protect us against rape and other violations, guard us against breast cancer and other afflictions of women, and inspire us to overcome adversity. Oh St. Agatha, virgin and martyr, mercifully grant that we who venerate your sacrifice, may receive your intercession. Amen.
Prayer for Strength
Lord, at the moment nothing seems to be able to help the loss I feel.
My heart is broken and my spirit mourns. All I know is that Your grace is sufficient. This day, this hour Moment by moment I choose to lean on You, For when I am at my weakest Your strength is strongest. I pour out my grief to You And praise You that on one glorious day When all suffering is extinguished and love has conquered We shall walk together again.
A Simple Prayer for Healing
Lord of Heaven,
I rest underneath your mighty wings of love.I dwell within your gentle heart.I know there is healing in your touch.Through the sufferings of Christ I can ask for restoration And trust in your goodness.You are my Lord, my Saviour, My healer and my friend.I dwell within your gentle embrace.Amen.
See Also: 35 Nurse’s Prayers That Will Inspire Your Soul
♥ Connect with NurseBuff on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!
If you have found this article because you are searching for support and help, please comment below and I will gladly pray for you! It seems that we all know someone who has cancer or is in remission. Or, maybe even you have gone through the struggle and uncertainties of this disease. While we may never understand why God allows some of us to get cancer, we all can know for certain that God is sovereign and that He loves us through all of the storms in this life. Here are 6 prayers that you can pray if you are hurting from this disease somehow.
I know that You allow all trials to come upon us and I don’t like asking this question to You, but why have You allowed me to get cancer? I love You and I know You have a plan for me. I am so down right now and I need You so badly to comfort me. Please, Lord, I don’t want to leave this world yet! My babies are so young and my wife, I love her so much! Please, Father, show me what You want me to learn from this. I pray that You will heal me 100% from this disease. May Your will be done in this. I love You! Amen
My dad, is he going to make it through this? I am scared, Lord! I don’t know how to deal with life without him here and I am not sure if his faith in You is even real. It saddens me to think he may not be in Heaven when he leaves this earth. Please, Lord, give me Your peace in this crazy time and allow me some time to talk with him about Jesus. I ask that You would heal him, Lord. I love him so much. May Your will be done. I love You! Amen
The doctors say I am getting better! I am so happy and excited! This is all because of You! You are the one who has given my doctors the intelligence and equipment to battle this disease. Father, I pray that You would put my cancer into remission for good! I don’t want any part of it! Father, use this miracle to show this tiny part of earth that You are real! I will praise Your name and tell everyone I can, here, about the saving blood of Your Son! I love You, Father! Amen
It Is Finished
It feels like I’m dying inside. My husband, he’s gone. Lord, I will never understand this. We are so young; he was only 32 and our children are heartbroken. Lord, I am lost. I have no idea how to handle life now. I miss him so much. I miss holding his hand. I miss his laugh and his embrace. I miss seeing him throw our 2 year old up in the air. I miss the giggles of our kids as he tickled their tummies. I can’t do this, Lord! I want him back so badly. Please give me strength for my kids. They need me, but I need a shoulder to cry on too…I’m lost. I wish this was only a bad dream. I just want to wake up from this nightmare! Father, help me! I’m dying inside! Amen
I just got the news about grandma. Lord, I don’t know what Your plan is for her, but I am certain that she will have a room in Your house in Heaven. I don’t know what to pray. I love her. My selfish side wants her to live, but she is very old. Her pain is great, Lord. I pray that You would end her pain, Father, whether it be through healing her or meeting her in Heaven. I pray that Your will be done in this! I love You! Amen
I Will Praise You In This Storm
I am caught in a whirlwind of emotions. I never thought I would get cancer. Satan wants to suck the joy right out of me and right now he has for the moment. I am so discouraged. Lord, I trust in You no matter what happens and I need You to walk with me through this! Lord, I thank You for music and the peace it brings me. “I will praise You in this storm, and I will lift my hands! For You are who You are, no matter where I am! And every tear I’ve cried, You hold in Your hands. You never left my side and though my heart is torn I will praise You in this storm!” (I Will Praise You In This Storm, Casting Crowns) Lord, I give this all to You. I trust in You and I love You! Amen
Cancer affects so many people and we will never know why until we see Jesus face to face in Glory. Please, leave a comment below if you need prayer. I will pray for you in this very dark storm of life. God is good all of the time and no matter the outcome, His glory can be proclaimed. May God bless you as you continue to live a life worthy of the calling!
Related reading: Inspirational Bible Verses for Cancer Patients
Would you like to get the daily question in your FB messenger? Just click the button below to get started.
Share this post
: | | | |
If you know someone whom is afflicted with a deadly disease, recite one of these Catholic prayers for cancer patients. These are some great prayers for bringing comfort and strength to the Lord during this time of suffering.
St. Peregrine, whom Holy Mother Church has declared Patron of those suffering from Cancer, I confidently turn to you for help in my present sickness. I beg your kind intercession. Ask God to relieve me of this sickness, if it be his Holy Will. Plead with the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Mother of Sorrows, whom you loved so tenderly and in union with whom you have suffered the pains of Cancer, that she may help me with her powerful prayers and loving consolation.
But if it should be God’s Holy Will that I bear this sickness, obtain for me courage and strength to accept these trails from the loving hand of God with patience and resignation, because he knows what is best for the salvation of my soul. St. Peregrine, be my friend and patron. Help me to imitate you in accepting suffering, and to unite myself with Jesus Crucified and the Mother of Sorrows, as you did. I offer my pains to God with all the love of my heart, for his glory and the salvation of souls, especially my own. Amen.
O great St. Peregrine, you have been called “The Mighty,” “The Wonder-Worker,” because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you. For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fiber of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more.
You were favored with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you. (Pause here and silently recall the names of the sick for whom you are praying) Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy. Amen.
Father, for the strength you have given me I thank you.
For the health you have blessed me with, I thank you.
For the women who are going through breast cancer and their families
I ask you to strengthen and to heal as you see fit.
Lord we know you want us to be in good health and to prosper.
Lord use us to do the work you have for us to do.
For we know time is getting short on this earth.
Lord be with every woman who is sick
and encourage them as only you can.
I know how faithful you are.
You have shown yourself to be everything
you say you are in your Holy Word.
I praise you for you made this body
and you can heal this body.
In Jesus Name I pray.
O God, who gave to St. Peregrine an Angel for his companion, the Mother of God for his Teacher, and Jesus as the Physician of his malady, grant we beseech You through his merits that we may on earth intensely love our Holy Angel, the blessed Virgin Mary, and our Saviour, and in Him bless them forever. Grant that we may receive the favor which we now petition. We ask this through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.
Dear Apostle of Emilia and member of the Order of Mary, you spread the Good News by your word, and by your life witnessed to its truth. In union with Jesus crucified, you endured excruciating sufferings so patiently as to be healed miraculously of cancer in the leg. If it is agreeable to God, obtain relief and cure for N., and keep us all from the dread cancer of sin. Amen.
We implore thy powerful aid, St. Peregrine, for all who are living unworthy of their Christian vocation. May the be converted from a sinful, selfish life, as thou wast by the good example of those who are obedient to Christ’s counsels.
We invoke thy special help, St. Peregrine, for all in religious life that they may remain faithful as thou didst to their vows, and ever steadfast in their commitment to Christ.
We seek thy merciful aid, St. Peregrine, especially for those afflicted or threatened by cancer, by any ailment of the foot, or by any incurable diseases. Please help us quickly to find a cure for cancer, and a remedy for all our human infirmities of soul, mind, and body. Amen.
St. Peregrine, we come to thee confidently to implore thy aid with God in our necessity. Thou wast converted instantly from a worldly life by the good example of one holy person. Thou wast also cured instantaneously of cancer by God’s grace and unceasing prayer. In thy gracious kindness please ask the Lord to heal us also in body, mind, and soul. May we then also imitate thee in doing His work with renewed vigor and strength. Amen.
Dear Lord Jesus, it is my will to surrender to you everything that I am and everything that I’m striving to be. I open the deepest recesses of my heart and invite your Holy Spirit to dwell inside of me.
I offer you my life, heart, mind, body, soul, spirit, all my hopes, plans and dreams. I surrender to you my past, present and future problems, habits, character defects, attitudes, livelihood, resources, finances, medical coverage, occupation and all my relationships.
I give you my health, physical appearance, disabilities, family, marriage, children and friendships. I ask you to take Lordship over every aspect of my life. I surrender to you all my hurt, pain, worry, doubt, fear and anxiety, and I ask you to wash me clean.
I release everything into your compassionate care. Please speak to me clearly, Lord. Open my ears to hear your voice. Open my heart to commune with you more deeply. I want to feel your loving embrace. Open the doors that need to be opened and close the doors that need to be closed. Please set my feet upon the straight and narrow road that leads to everlasting life. Amen.
Precious Lord Jesus, I thank you for your enduring love. You came into the world to set me free from the power of darkness. You embraced a violent death on the cross to pay the penalty on my behalf. You suffered the scourging at the pillar, taking the sickness of humanity upon your own flesh, so that I could be healed.
I come before you now to place all my sin upon your cross and ask for your precious blood to wash me clean. I place the penalty for my sinfulness, all my sickness, diseases and infirmities upon your cross, and for the sake of your sorrowful passion, I ask to be set free. I accept your sacrifice and receive your gift of reconciliation. I confess your Lordship over every aspect of my life, heart, mind, body, soul and spirit.
Through the power of your cross Lord Jesus, I now resist all forms of sin, sickness and disease. I say to all forms of sickness and disease caused by my own disobedience, that you are not God’s good and perfect will for my life, and I enforce the power of the cross upon you right now.
By the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I command all forms of sickness and disease to leave my presence immediately. Jesus bore my infirmities. He was wounded for my transgressions. By his stripes I have been healed. No sickness, pain, death, fear or addiction shall ever be lord over me again. The penalty has been paid in full. I have been ransomed and redeemed, sanctified and set free. Amen.
God of all creation, you who spoke a simple command and brought forth light from the darkness, I call upon you now to send forth your miracle-working power into every aspect of my being. In the same way that you spoke unto the dust of the ground when you created humankind in your own image, I ask you to send forth your healing power into my body. Send forth your word and command every cell, electrical and chemical impulse, tissue, joint, ligament, organ, gland, muscle, bone and every molecule in my body to come under complete and perfect health, strength, alignment, balance and harmony.
It is through you that I live and move and have my being. With every breath I take, I live under your life-giving grace. I ask you to touch me now with the same miracle-working power that you used when you fashioned me inside my mother’s womb. As surely as you have created me in your image and likeness, you can also recreate me now and restore my health.
Please fill me with your healing power. Cast out all that should not be inside of me. I ask you to mend all that is broken, root out every sickness and disease, open all blocked arteries and veins, restore my internal organs, rebuild my damaged tissues, remove all inflammation and cleanse me of all infections, viruses and destructive forms of bacteria.
Let the warmth of your healing love flood my entire being, so that my body will function the way it was created to be, whole and complete, renewed in your perfect health. I ask this through my Lord, Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
Dear Lord Jesus, as I rest in the comfort of your love, I ask to experience your gentle embrace as you tenderly wrap your loving arms around me. I trust your compassionate care will bring peace to my mind, serenity to my heart and renewal to my spirit.
In your loving embrace, I ask that you grant me a peaceful night’s rest. Please purify my dreams, cleanse my subconscious and wash my thoughts with the purity of your infinite love. Please minister to my heart, mind, body, soul and spirit as I rest in your compassionate care tonight.
Please send forth your protective angels to stand guard over me as I sleep. May your angelic army destroy all curses, hindrances and demonic influences that have been sent against my ability to experience a peaceful night’s rest. I ask that your heavenly host protect me as I stay awake and watch over me as I sleep, that awake I may keep watch with Christ, and asleep, rest in his peace. Amen.
Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against you, you alone, have I sinned, and done what is evil in your sight, so that you are justified in your sentence and blameless when you pass judgment. Indeed, I was born guilty, a sinner when my mother conceived me.
You desire truth in the inward being; therefore teach me wisdom in my secret heart. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones that you have crushed rejoice. Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me. Do not cast me away from your presence, and do not take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and sustain in me a willing spirit.
Here is one prayer to share and recite at the end of life. This is important to combine the spirit and body during this transitional time.
When someone develops cancer, it can be unbearable for all of their loved ones. You care deeply about that person, so seeing them suffer and struggle with such a terrible disease is heart-wrenching. If your loved one or friend has cancer, these prayers for cancer patients can help. From asking for God’s help in guiding the doctors to healing, these prayers for cancer patients can help you turn to God with your burden and get his gentle guidance.
1. Saint Peregrine, you have been called the wonder worker and the mighty for all of the miracles that God has worked through you. For those who turned to you for recourse, wonders have happened. In life, you bore a cancerous disease that destroyed your body. You know more than anyone the terrible impact that cancer can have on a person. Jesus came down to heal your disease, and we ask for your intercession with him. Ask the Lord to heal our friend who suffers terribly from cancer. From now until eternity, may God guide, care and support our friend. Give us the strength and courage to support our friend during this time. Thank you for your intercession and God for all of his goodness and mercy. Amen.
2. Lord, my spirit mourns and my heart is broken. I know that everything on earth is a part of your plan, but I cannot help the loss and grief that I feel. Nothing seems to help me. All I know is that your strength and grace are sufficient for seeing me through this difficult time in life. Whenever I am at my weakest, you are at your strongest. Moment by moment, I lean on you for strength as I pour out my grief. I praise you with the knowledge that one day, my soul will be reunited with yours. Until that time, I ask that you help me to bear with my suffering and pain. One day, my suffering will be extinguished and love will win as we walk together again. Help me to follow your path and have the grace to bear my pain until that day comes. Amen.
3. May God heal my body and soul. May he ease my pain and give me the strength to start each new treatment. While I feel fear for the future and am uncertain, I know that God has a plan for me. May my fears be eased as I remember that each part of my life is a part of God’s plan. May love, blessings and joy surround me at all time. Even when I feel pain, fear or doubt, may I remember God’s infinite mercy and compassion. If it is His will, may I be healed to continue to serve him on this earth. Amen.
4. Heavenly Father, nothing is impossible for you. You made the world and man in your image. We love you and know that no situation is too difficult for you to handle. Now, we come to you with prayers for healing from cancer. We know that you have the power to heal this child if that is your will. We pray that you protect him/her from pain and suffering as he/she begins her treatments. Help the doctors, nurses and family members to do everything they can to help and provide this child with courage. Keep us strong so that we may better serve you and comfort this child during their cancer treatments. Amen.
5. Lord Jesus Christ, we ask you to bless the doctors and nurses as they work to heal our friend. May your merciful heart fill them with courage, wisdom and love as they do their work. We ask that you work through them to bring our dear friend healing and strength. May they be guided as they seek out the right treatment and administer medical care. Through your power and mercy, we pray that every cancerous cell be cast aside so that our friend may return to good health. Help to guide all of us so that we can provide him/her with the love, support and courage that he/she needs. Amen.
6. We ask for your help, Lord, through the intercession of Saint Agatha. Saint Agatha suffered greatly for her devotion to the Lord. Through her life and her martyrdom, she was an example of faith and dignity. Help to protect our friend as she deals with breast cancer. We know that through your example and the Lord’s healing strength, our friend will be able to overcome adversity. Amen.
7. Father, we pray for all who fight cancer at this moment. We ask that you give each person the strength, courage and hope that they need to make it through this day. When they are in pain, comfort them and give them solace. As they heal, bless them and give them strength. We pray that you give all of their friends, family members and caregivers the strength to support them during this time. Please bring the doctors clarity so that they can choose the right course of treatment for each cancer patient. If it is their time to join you in everlasting life, we ask that you give the patient strength and courage. Guide our thoughts and the works of our hands so that we may comfort the sick and do your work on earth. Amen.
8. You are the God of healing and mercy. Through your compassion, you sent down your only Son to heal the sick, cleanse us of our sins and lead us to life everlasting. In your mercy, protect us through your loving care. We ask that you heal and strength our friend, (Name), who has been stricken with cancer. Give her/him enough courage to face this disease and restore her/him to physical strength. We offer you prayers of thanksgiving for your blessings. Thank you for giving our friend the doctors and medical treatment that she/he needs to begin recovery. In your mercy, bless our friend and help her/him as she starts to heal.
9. Heavenly Father, we pray that you will give every cancer fighter comfort when they are suffering. Having watched our loved one go through this struggle, we know how great the pain and suffering are, even when the patient tries to hide their pain. We pray that you will lay your healing hands on all those who suffer so that the cancer will be removed. Guide the nurses, doctors and surgeons as they begin their work so that each patient is treated safely and effectively. Amen.
10. Lord, our dear friend, (name) is about to begin treatment for cancer. During this time, we know that she/he is experiencing a great deal of fear and doubt. In your mercy, provide our friend with strength so that she/he feels confident as she starts the treatment. Guide the hands of each doctor or surgeon so that they find the best treatment for her/him. We know that you are all powerful and able to do anything. You are the source of infinite compassion and mercy. We pray that you will hear our requests and grant our friend the strength that he/she needs to overcome this terrible disease. Help us to find strength and courage as well so that we may support her/him through this difficult time. In the name of Lord Jesus Christ, we pray. Amen.