May these relationship prayers help you to build a full, healthy, and warm relationship with your significant other, or help you find romance.
We also provide links for prayers to help you with other relationships.
Prayer to Heal a Relationship
“Almighty God, hear this prayer.”
Dear Lord, I offer you this prayer, to help me with my current relationship situation. Please take away all the pain and hurt in my heart. Fill it with love, joy, patience, and understanding.
Bless me and my partner, so that we may never surrender to whatever challenges that come our way. Fill our hearts with love for each other, and may you make each one of us realize each other’s worth. Please touch the heart of my partner,fill it with much love for me.
Make our complicated relationship become uncomplicated. I seek for your mercy and blessing that you may allow us to spend the rest of our lives with each other. Please make this feeling mutual for both of us. Lead us not into temptations. Guide us wherever we go. Always put us in each other’s heart and mind. Thank you Lord for hearing my prayer.
I love you. Amen.
Table of contents
- 1 Rekindling a Relationship
- 2 Prayers for Finding Love
- 3 Scripture About Relationships and Love
- 4 Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayer for Relationship and Prayer Request”
- 5 Recent prayer requests…
- 6 Guide and direct our relationship
- 7 Draw us closer
- 8 Bond us together
- 9 Prayers for Relationships
- 10 More posts you’ll love…
Rekindling a Relationship
Miscommunication in a Marriage
Dear Lord, you know what path I am on right now and that I am in agony. I am having a disharmony in my married life. You have instituted marriage since You found that it is not good for man to be alone.
I deeply believe that You have given me this person to love and to hold for the rest of my days. The Bible has taught me that a threefold cord is not quickly broken. Come and be with us, Lord, for only You can make two broken hearts understand each other. You are the King of Peace and I know You are able to change any sad situation in my life.
Father, I know it is Your will that we should lead a loving and peaceful life with one another. Hear me, dear god, to fill us both with more love and to understand each other better to bring unity to our relationship. Help me become more understand to my partner’s needs and feelings.
Grant me wisdom that I may know how to deal with this unlikely situation so I can build a house in Your glory. In Jesus’ name I pray, O Lord. Amen.
Read: Prayers for Forgiveness
Prayer for Family Unity
Dear God, thank you for the gift of family that you have given me. You know my heart hurts because of the disharmony in my family. I have lost my peace and my health because of the messy situation in our home.
I have no one to turn to but You, Lord. You alone can understand the hearts of Your followers as You have created each and every one of us. Only You can bring together the hearts of Your men together. Help me forgive other family members, O Lord. Let my family not defile Your name by this disunity. Help us forgive one another of the mistakes we have done to each other and bring us back together in Your name, Father God.
Fill each one of us with your love and understand so we can fully exalt Your name in glory. I know that you will bring back the peace and unity that was once present in our home. I ask this in the precious name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen.
Prayers for Finding Love
Finding someone to love can be difficult. This prayer will help guide you on the path to true love.
Prayer to Find a Companion
“Almighty God, hear this prayer.”
Almighty God, hear this relationship prayer.
As You are first in my heavenly heart and mind and spirit,
so do I desire a companion for my earthly heart and mind and being.
Guide me to the partner You know is perfect for me.
Help me walk in faith until that time of our first meeting.
Show me how I can become a partner worthy of love.
Then guide me through every stage of our relationship, so that,
as we move ever closer to You, we grow closer to each other in Love, in Joy, and in Faith.
Thank You God, for hearing my prayer.
Prayer to Find a Life Partner
Heavenly Father, You created this world and all its inhabitants. You found that man is not good to be alone. I pray this to You, O Lord, that I am in need of a partner for my life.
You have showed us in the Bible that finding the right partner made numerous couples live a happy life. Bless me, Father, that I may build a family like theirs. I believe, Lord, that You do not deny Your children their joy and happiness.
I pray that the loneliness in my heart will be gone soon. I pray this to You, O Lord. Amen.
Scripture About Relationships and Love
“There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.”
See what the Bible has to say about it, check out these Bible Verses about Relationships, and Bible Verses about Love.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayer for Relationship and Prayer Request”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Wisdom- Dear Jesus, I need a miracle of confidence and wisdom in place of lack and foolishness. I please others and I only want to do… …
- Pray for ex girlfriend back- Lord, I am coming to you in hopes that you restore and rekindled my relationship with Julianna, I pray that you will help us through… …
- Please pray for my relationship- Please hear my prayer that me and shawn r will be together and stay and get closer…that we will get married one day …
- Parents Church and Prayer Retreat- My Sunday school class is having a retreat. The purpose is to get to know each other better, without children, but I want to ask… …
- Olivia to have a faith in God and reconcile with me and live with us- Please pray for my daughter to receive Jesus Christ as a personal savior and have a faith in God. And reconcile with me,and live together… …
- Strength my relationship and allow us to understand each other- My god thank you for your love and your mercy to one like me… God am asking you to provide a job for one of… …
- Reconnecting us- Please reconnect & restore my relationship with Kevin. Please let him know my heart is open and I want to be his peace. …
- Prayer for guidance- Lord, please restore my broken relationship. I know all things are possible for those who believe in You. Please lets everything work out between Phillip… …
- Prayer for my partner- Please pray with me for my partner Colette. We have been together for ten months now. We are having a lot of arguments especially when… …
- Holy ghost filling- I want God to give into me a good relationship with Him and other people. I want everything that I need to make it in… …
- Restore the love we have- Holy Spirit come upon us, touch Curt heart and soul. Restore Curt faith in us. Give us a chance to continue the journey we started.… …
- Help my daughter- Please send my daughter love from friends on her birthday and ease her lonliness. Prepare her heart and mind for a loving relationship. …
- Restoration of the lost glory for my boyfriend- Heavenly Father, I pray to you to grant my heart desires. Restore everything my boyfriend has lost in a hundred folds. Bring him closer to… …
- Jehovah should always lead our lives- I pray that Jehovah should always give me and my girlfriend Constance a desire to do his will, he should always guide and give us… …
- To help my relationship with my partner blossom into something beautiful- O, Lord . please, I beg you to help my partner to know that I love him so much and for him to love me… …
- God’s will- Heavenly father I ask for me and my family’s love and trust in you to never waver and believe in you no matter what.and to… …
- Companionship and intimacy- I have been a Christian since I was 12. I am 55yr old female and I have never been married. I have always been attracted… …
- Pray for peace and that my roommate/boyfriend would tell me he loves me- I am a newly sober and sort of single individual woman. I am working with a female sponsor who is very bossy. I am following… …
- My true love- Dear lord, please help me be with my true love. …
- Looking for a New job- Good Day Brethren, please pray for me so that God can help me find a new job, I am desperately looking for a new Job… …
More prayers posted in: Devotional
Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your grace which You so generously, and continuously, bless us with. You are worthy of all praise and all glory.
I lift my hands in humble worship and adoration. Bless and empower my words and thoughts today, O Lord that they may be pleasing to you, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Romans 12:9-10 Don’t just pretend that You love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Stand on the side of the good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.
1 Peter 4:8 Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.
Guide and direct our relationship
I pray that You continue to guide our footsteps and our lives as we walk in agreement, according to Your will.
I trust that our new relationship is a blessing from You, O Lord and I pray that You guide us and show us what we need to know.
Open the eyes of my heart, Father God, and reveal anything that is not of You. May I not go into this relationship love-blind but rather spirit-wise.
Proverbs 13:20 He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.
Corinthians 6:14 “Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?”
Draw us closer
Bless our relationship and draw us both even closer to You and to your will for our lives. May I never be unequally yoked.
Lord, teach and guide us that we will always seek You first in everything we do. May our love be fill with genuine affection and may we honor each other at all times.
1 Peter 3:7 In the same way, You husbands must give honor to Your wives. Treat her with understanding as You live together. She may be weaker than You are, but she is Your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. If You don’t treat her as You should, Your prayers will not be heard.
Proverbs 31:10,11 Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is worth more than precious rubies. Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life.
Bond us together
Bless our lives in our journey together and fill us with Your Glory. May we be bonded together, Lord, in the type of love Your Son Jesus showed on the cross.
Let our lives be a wonderful reflection of Your grace, as we abide in it forever. In Jesus’ name, I humbly pray, Amen.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
A struggling relationship is a source of immense emotional pain. If you’ve ever endured a broken marriage or a slowly-dwindling long-term dating relationship, you know how difficult it can be to find lasting reconciliation.
If this is you, the power of prayer may be just what you need.
Faith is a powerful thing, and appealing to God for the health of your relationship can have amazing results. Used in conjunction with other efforts, such as relationship counseling, prayer can be downright miraculous.
Rest assured that God hears your prayers, and that He cares about you. His answers may not always come in the form we expect, but they do come when we ask for help.
And sometimes, the very act of praying can bring about huge change in your life. When we pray, we take our abstract desires and put them into words. We say what we want out loud. Sometimes, that’s enough to help us make sense of our problems and go about finding the solutions—God works through natural means as much as He does through the miraculous.
But whichever way prayer works out for you, it’s always worth your time. To help you learn how to use prayer well, let’s take a look at 7 examples of prayers for a struggling relationship.
If you’re like me, you’ve never given much thought to praying the Scriptures over your relationships.
Whether it’s an easy relationship, where the conversation flows, honest and filter-free, warmth abounds, and conflicts are few…
or whether it’s a hard relationship, where personalities clash, common ground is minimal, and hurt feelings are plentiful…
relationships are gifts.
The relationships that challenge us refine us. They’re tools in the hand of our loving God, who uses them to stretch us and shape us and mold us into the image of His Son.
So that hard relationship with that particular person…
(the one whose face just appeared in your mind’s eye)…
will you stop with me now and thank God for her, and for what God wants to teach you through her?
And while we’re at it, let’s lift to Him these prayers for relationships.
Prayers for Relationships
Ask for the Lord’s help in putting all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander away from you, along with all malice. Pray that He would give you a kind and tender heart that is willing to forgive in the same way you’ve been forgiven by God (Ephesians 4:31-32).
Acknowledge to God that good sense will make you slow to anger, and it is your glory to overlook an offense (Proverbs 19:11). Pray that God would help you not be easily offended by the words, actions, or attitudes of others.
Pray that God would help you handle conflicts biblically, having the courage to approach the other person one-on-one before seeking the intervention of others (Matthew 18:15-17).
Ask that God’s grace would equip you to do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but to humbly count others more significant than yourself. Pray that He would help you look out for the interests of others and not just your own. Beg Him for the humility that Christ exemplified when He emptied Himself of all rights and privileges, and took on the form of a servant (Philippians 2:3-7). Ask Him to show you specific ways to serve in the midst of a hard relationship.
Confess to the Lord any hatred in your heart, affirming the truth that one who does not love others cannot love God. Pray that God would help you love others the way He loves them, and the way He has loved you even when you’re unlovable (I John 4:20-21). Acknowledge to God that love is not simply the absence of hatred, but is a choice to act for the benefit of others. Ask the Lord what loving gesture He would have you to show.
Commit to the Lord that you won’t repay evil for evil, but will do what is honorable in the sight of all. Pray that as far as it depends on you, you will live peaceably with all. Share with God that you trust Him to take care of any vengeance that is due (Romans 12:17-19).
Acknowledge to the Lord that in the worst of times, He will fight for you, and you have only to be silent (Exodus 14:14).
Pray that you would be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger, understanding that the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God (James 1:19-20).
Ask for the grace to bear patiently with other people and forgive them as you’ve been forgiven (Colossians 3:13).
Acknowledge the truth that a soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger (Proverbs 15:1). Pray that God would give you a gentle spirit evidenced by soft replies.
Dear Heavenly Father, You know how much I struggle with certain relationships. I forget to grant grace as lavishly as I’ve received it. I forget to treat others the way I want to be treated. I’m quick to assume the worst, and slow to give others the benefit of the doubt. Please forgive me, Lord, and help me to see other people through Your eyes. I can’t change anyone, but You can change me, and I ask You to keep molding me into Your image. It’s in the name of my Savior, Jesus Christ, that I pray. Amen.
More posts you’ll love…