Do you know how to clean your home spiritually? This house cleansing prayer will help you to remove any evil spirits in your home.
The truth is at some point an evil spirit will enter your home. The faster you can evict it, the better. For some of us, due to lack of knowledge or fear, we ignore it hoping that it will go away. After awhile we learn that the only way it will leave is if we evict it.
So, what are the signs that indicate you may need to have your house cleansed spiritually?
- You have spots in your house that are cold and there is no A/C vent to explain why it’s cold in that one spot
- Your dog/cat barks or growls at walls or specific areas in your home and when there is no one there
- Out of the corner of your eye you see shadows or like someone walked by when no one did
- Sometimes the hairs on your arm stand on end for no apparent reason
- You hear noises when the house is quite (this doesn’t apply if you live in a new construction home and the house may be settling)
- Sometimes you feel afraid being in the house alone.
- You have a picture, a mirror, a piece of art or furniture, stuffed animal, even a book that gives you the heebie jeebies.
- There is a room in your house that you don’t like, you never hang out in that room and you don’t know why.
- You hear doors opening and closing in your house but in the natural nobody was coming in or going out.
- You started having lots of bad dreams since you moved in.
- Your family was fine before you moved in and then a week later everything is upside down. Your kids get aggressive, a lot of arguing, your home has become contentious
- You’re online searching for articles to cleanse your house…that’s sure sign you know something is not right with the house.
You may not have had any of these issues before in your house and the suddenly things started happening. It is possible you had someone in your house that is involved in witchcraft or they have spirits attached to them and these spirits followed them into your home.
Also, if you like going to consignment shops and buying antiques you may have picked some up there too.
Please read this if you are about to purchase or rent a new home
A few “spiritual red flags” to keep in mind if you are in the process of purchasing or renting a home. We call these spiritual red flags because in the natural none of these would be an issue:
- Someone died in the house (it’s a good question to ask when you are purchasing a home and it’s vacant “where are the previous owners?”). You may not have any issues if they were a Christian but if they were not, it’s a risk.
- The house sat vacant for more than a year. Evil spirits love to occupy empty spaces (Matthew 12:43-45)
- The seller had the house feng shui or was involved in any other kind of spiritual practice that is not Christian. Signs of this would be dream catchers everywhere, buddhas, crystals.
- The house is a foreclosure. What’s wrong with foreclosures? Well, what if the person who had it before the current owner was also foreclosed upon? What if there is another foreclosure next door, across the street, down the road? Too many foreclosures in a neighborhood is a very bad sign. The area could have a principality over it of poverty and lack. So what would generally happen is that you may have been steadily employed for the last 30 years, you found this great foreclosure deal and the next thing you know 2 months later you lost you job. Then you go into foreclosure. You need to be aware that if you choose to buy a foreclosure you may be battling demons to keep the house.
- Too may houses for sale or rent in the neighborhood. If the owners are abandoning a neighborhood this may not be a good sign. Do some more research and understand you are taking a risk.
- The house is on an Indian burial ground or near one. Not good.
- Do a little investigative work and find out what’s happening in the neighborhood. Go back without the realtor and start talking to the people in the community and find out what’s going on. You may find out that there are common issues among the neighbors – drugs, suicide, several people lost their job, anything. Random things are OK but if you see or hear a pattern then you will want to take note. This will be an indication of the demonic spirits you’ll have to battle once you move in.
- If you are buying a new construction house and it took over 2 -3 years to be built. Remember evil spirits like vacant spaces so if you had the foundation laid and walls put up and ran out of money so the house had to sit vacant for awhile. This could be an issue.
- It is always a good idea to go by the neighborhood again at night time. You may pick up other things spiritually then that you didn’t discern in the day time hours.
You may buy a house with one or a few of these “spiritual red flags” and have no issues. Yes, this is possible. However, there will be many more people reading this that just discovered the reason for the spiritual war they are currently facing in their home.
Can you get free from these evil spirits? Yes. Do you need a pastor or a priest to do this for you? You can ask them but it is not necessary. We can walk you through the steps and you do it yourself. Or if you have a friend that is a Christian intercessor you can ask them to help.
What about sage, smudge or smudging with sage? Well, that is actually new age and this is a Christian ministry so we don’t do that. Besides what we do with get to the root of the issue. You want to pull it up at the root. If you are burning incense you will be burning incense for the rest of your life because you haven’t dealt with the root issue.
Are there any situations where the spirits won’t leave? Yes. When you move into a house you have dominion over it. Anything that enters your house you can tell it to leave and it will. However, if you buy something that is built on an Indian burial ground then you moved into their domain. Also, if you have items that are giving these spirits access to your home and you refuse to get rid of them then they will come back.
What you use for this spiritual house cleansing is anointing oil and a bible.
If you don’t have anointing oil buy some online. The type of oil does not matter. Or, you can make you own by taking some of your olive oil and pouring it into a separate bottle which you will only use for anointing in prayer. You can take it to church and ask your pastor to pray over the oil or someone from the prayer ministry to bless the oil. (Mark 6:13, James 5:14)
This is a long process which can take 1.5 – 5 hours to complete depending on how many evil spirits or items you need to remove from your house and the size of your house.
As such, we have broken this down into 3 parts so you can choose to do them all at once or on 3 different days. You can’t change the order. It needs to be done in this order so that the final step of the prayer will completely cleanse your house.
Steps 1 & 2 you need to do in preparation for the cleansing of your home.
Step 1 to spiritually cleanse your house from demonically charged items
- You have items in your house that make you uncomfortable. You need to throw them in the trash. Don’t give them to someone else, dump them.
The truth is after this first step most of the spirits will be gone. Spirits can attach themselves to items. If you absolutely love antiquing you are taking a risk every time you bring something into your house because you don’t know who owned the item before you or what they did. Also, if you have a friend or relative that you know is involved in witchcraft or the occult then whatever gifts they gave you must to be thrown out.
Occasionally we meet people who are attached to things because it has sentimental value or it cost them thousands of dollars and they don’t want to get rid of it. If this is you, we can’t help you and the prayer won’t get rid of the spirits. If you are too attached to things there is a possibility you won’t be free of these evil spirits.
100% of the time we don’t have to point out the items that are holding these spirits, the home owner already knows because the item makes them feel uncomfortable.
Just throw it in the trash.
Acts 19:19 (NIV) “A number who had practiced sorcery brought their scrolls together and burned them publicly. When they calculated the value of the scrolls, the total came to fifty thousand drachmas.”
When you decide you want to be free from these evil spirits the cost won’t matter. The fact that the item has a demonic spirit attached to it means it was used in someone’s home who was heavily involved in witchcraft or false religions. Or the item may have been crafted or built by someone who was demonically possessed.
Step 2 to spiritually cleanse yourself
2. You need to confess your sins. This is important because if you are going to throw these spirits out of your house you can’t give them any legal grounds to remain. Jesus said in John 14:30 the prince of this world is coming and he has no claim over me. Likewise, when you start telling the spirit to leave they must have no claim over you or have a hold on you.
The flip side of that scripture is John 13:8 when Jesus tells Peter come and let me wash your feet because if you don’t wash your feet you can have no part of me. In other words, unless you are cleansed of the sins that you committed as you are traveling through the world you and I have nothing in common. You must be properly aligned with God to start this process.
Here is a prayer for repentance and confession of sins:
Father God, I come to you in the name of Jesus asking for forgiveness of my sins. I’m repenting for _________, __________. _______(call out all the sins that you know you are currently participating in) I ask you to wash me clean from these sins. Guide me by your Holy Spirit to doing the things that are pleasing to You. (You need to anoint yourself as you pray this) Cleanse my mind so that I will have pure thoughts, cleanse my tongue so that my speech may be pleasing to you, cleanse my ears so that I will listen to only what you want me to hear, wash my hands so that I will only touch what you want me to touch, wash my feet so that I will travel only where you would have me go and forgive me for moving towards evil. I accept the completed work of Jesus who died on the cross for all my sins. I consider myself clean in the eyes of the spiritual beings that are around me. I am a new creation and old things have passed away and there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. When they look at me they see me clothe in the Righteousness of Christ, in Jesus Name Amen.
Step 3 to spiritually cleanse your home
3. You are now ready to start praying through your house. You will need your anointing oil.
These are the steps for the prayer
- Put on the armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-18)
- You need to ask God for angelic assistance
- You need to open your windows and doors tell the spirits to leave
- You need to close all the portals that the evil spirits are using to enter your home.
- You need to anoint all the windows and doors with oil
House Cleansing Prayer
Father God, I come to you in Jesus Name putting on Your full armor, so that I can take my stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. I put on the full armor of God, so that in this day of evil I may stand my ground. Standing firm with the belt of truth buckled around my waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with my feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which I can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.
(You may pray in tongues here through this the Holy Spirit will give discernment on the spirits in your home).
God I ask you to give me the gift of discerning of spirits so that I may remove all the evil spirits from my home. The only spirit that can live here are the ones who are still in the land of the living and bow to the name of Jesus. I ask that your Holy Spirit dwell here with me and my family and that you will lead and guide us through this process today. Please send angelic assistance to help with the removal of all of these evil spirits. Send the angels to war on my behalf and handle any demonic powers that we cannot handle.
(Start opening all the windows and doors in your home or at least one in each room.)
I command every evil spirit to leave this home now in the name of Jesus. You cannot stay here. You have no part in me. I renounce you and any other spirits that come with you.
(If the Holy Spirit specifically impress upon you a particular spirits or spirits make sure to command them to leave by name. e.g spirit of infirmity, addiction, sexual immorality, poverty, suicide, etc. Anything that comes to mind call it by name and tell it leave in the name of Jesus)
(Now you go room by room with the oil anointing all the doors and windows at the top or corner with the sign of the cross. Over each door and window you say this…)
I close this door/window in the spirit realm to any evil spirit. No longer shall you use this as an access point to gain entrance to this home. Only angels assigned by the Commander of Heaven’s armies are allowed to enter this home. I mark the sign of the cross as a reminder to you that this house is covered under the blood of Jesus and you shall Passover it and never enter into this house again, in Jesus Name.
(Go through your entire house and do this for every window and door. If you come across items as you are going through the house that give you a feeling that a spirit may be attached to it you need to remove it from your home.
Just as you have doors in the natural there are doorways that spirits can use to go in and out of your house. This could be mirrors. So you need to take the oil put it on your index finger and make the cross at the top of the mirror or in a corner of the mirror and say…)
If this is a doorway in the spirit realm that evil spirits are using to enter this house I close it in, the name of Jesus. You can no longer use this as a doorway. This is a mirror, an inanimate object that will never be used as a spiritual portal again. I command it to be closed, in Jesus name
That’s it. Once you have gone through all the rooms in your home those spirits will be gone and you can start closing the windows and doors in your house.
This is quite the process but you will feel so much peace in your home after you do this and you should no longer have any spirits in your home.
Here are some other prayers that may help you as well:
Prayer against a Familiar Spirit and Monitoring Spirits
Often your house gets filled with the negativity and negative energy; which is a normal thing in the course of life. However, you need to find ways to cleanse your house spiritually to get rid of any sort of negativity that exists. For this, the most effective and efficient way is the house cleansing prayer. It is discussed in detail here for your assistance…
House Cleansing Prayer
Prayers are a very effective way to connect with the spiritual realm. Angels are the spiritual characters that are always with you in time of need, help, guidance, and assistance. They have been with you since the time you were born and will remain with you till the day you breathe your last breath.
To ensure your prayer is heard and answered, you need to start with a good intent and a pure heart. You must not intend to harm anyone else by your prayer or your doings. If you have a bad intent while making your prayer, it will be heard, but it will not be answered. Thus, you need to be very careful when making a prayer if you want it to be accepted.
GET YOUR FREE READING! JUST FILL OUT THIS FORM:
I am Firstname
I accept to receive Padre’s partner offers
The first step for house cleansing prayer
To start your cleansing prayer, you need first to empty your mind and take a deep breath. Now, shift your awareness and make your prayer to the Angels:
I call upon my Guardian Angel and other Angels to bless me with their light and love to fill my home, and my surrounding environment with the highest vibration of love, light, and divine frequency.
Oh, my Guardian Angel and other Angels, I call upon you to eradicate the negative energy that resides inside my house. I ask for help to cleanse my house and fill it with the positive energy of joy and happiness.
Thank you, for filling my entire home with your love and light. Let the light flow into every corner of every room, through every door, and every cabinet. Down, above, behind, and besides, spread the light everywhere.
Thank you for your support and help, thank you!
When You Call the Angels, They Will Help
House Cleansing prayer for your home is a very strong method of prayer that helps immediately cleanse your house with the blessed help of the angels. When the angels are called upon, they never reject your prayer or ignore it thus, you have the surety of help arriving at your footsteps.. They will always be at your service to help you with whatever sort of situation you need help with.
The spiritual cleansing prayer cleans your house entirely of any bad eye that might be potential upon it, or any negative vibrational frequencies someone might have left. If you think that things in your home are not going in accordance to the normal course of everyday life, make sure you make the house cleansing prayer to the angels so that they can help, guide, and assist you in making your house filled with their love and light.
Prayers Are Very Effective
Amongst all the other forms of rituals and traditions that exist to cleanse the house of any bad eye or negative energy, the prayer for house cleansing has been known to be the most effective one by far. It is known to cleanse the house in the shortest span of time and the effect of the love and light of the angels lasts longer than any other method.
Thus, it is very effective and very authentic to call upon the angels for help regarding such a matter. Angels are always with you!
Discover some more interesting articles from Padre:
- MOTHER OF ANGELS – WHO IS MOTHER MARY?
- ENERGY VAMPIRES – LEARN HOW TO AVOID THEIR NEGATIVITY!
- STARSEED, LIGHTWORKER OR EARTH ANGEL – ARE THEY DIFFERENT FROM ONE ANOTHER?
Wow! Thanks. Help. These are the Three Essential Prayers, according to author Anne Lamott. What I learned in my church-going experience backs that up: there are prayers of thanksgiving and gratitude; of praise, awe, and adoration; and of petitions and requests. To Lamott’s top three, I would also add prayers of forgiveness—a simple I’m sorry or Forgive me.
These are just the basics of course. Some go even further, refining prayers, and accompanying rituals, into ever specific categories. For example, Edward Hays has prayers for Fingernail Trimming, Lighting Candles and Writing a Difficult Letter. Actually we can pray for just about anything.
Yet to get the whole self into the process of prayer, we need to invite the senses too. Incense is one of the most ancient ways to invoke the power of smell, as it is able to stir up memories and create moods and shape attitudes. As Hays says, “…Scents can return us to our childhood faster than the speed of light.” Indeed. For me the smell of pasta boiling in a stovetop pot transports me to the kitchen of my Italian-influenced childhood home.
The queen of all ceremonial cleansing scents is Sage. Ceremonial sage comes in many forms: in smudging sticks large and small; in loose leaf clusters, in sticks and even in sprays. It can come straight by itself or blended with other fragrant herbs or plants, such as lavender, rosemary or cedar.
One of the uses of this noble incense is for preparing sacred space for ceremony and prayers by cleansing your space with its smoldering smoke or sensuous spray. Prayers offered during the cleansing ritual can consist of words elaborate or short, rhyming or prose and they can be memorized or spontaneous from the heart and soul.
Sometimes a rhyming verse makes a prayer easy to remember. It seems that rhyming stays with us. For example one short prayer goes like this:
Cleanse this space, remove the past
I’ve found my happiness at last.
Fill this space with Joy and love
Send Your Blessings from Above.
This one also rhymes:
Negativity of this my sacred space
I banish you by the light of my grace
You have no hold or power here
I stand and face you with no fear
Be gone forever you will obey
From my sacred space you must away.
Here is another:
God of All, Goddess of Light,
Shield & Protect Me Day & Night
Positive Feeling Alone Come Near,
All Others Wither & Disappear.
Sometimes the sentiment expressed is enough to help one remember.
Into this smoke I release
All energies that do not serve;
All negativity that surrounds;
And all fears that limit.
Even a simple “I cleanse my sacred space now as I prepare for ceremony and prayer” will work. Take a look at Shamans Market offerings of this special herb. You are sure to find a type that suits your ceremonial needs.
- Latest Posts
Gabrielle – Long-time student of Native American and Peruvian Shamanism, and Seeker on the Path. Gabrielle has worked at Shamans Market for many years with intimate knowledge of our products in her role as product listing specialist, writer, photographer, and major contributor to the Shamans Market newsletter. She is an avid nature and animal lover and a proud companion of a Peach-faced Lovebird.
Latest posts by Gabrielle (see all)