by Shiela (NDDU-IBED)
How wonderful you are Lord
for giving us a life
which is full of enthusiasm
How wonderful you are Lord
for giving us the gift of intelligence,
talents and skills which we are
using to realize our mission here on earth.
Hear us your children, O Lord
We beg you to forgive our shortcomings
especially during the times that
we are overwhelmed with materialism in this wicked world.
Bless us with courage, determination and trust
Bless us with wisdom and understanding
Help us make a decision which is beneficial
not only to our lives but also to the common.
We are looking forward for a new EDEN
which is free from from earthly experiences
We are hoping to encounter you
in the midst of our endeavor. Amen.
Return to Prayers for Meetings
A Prayer for Our Youth
Psalm 145, Daniel 1
Reflections of the Heart:
Our Youth are the future for our city, nation and world. Therefore, we must pray for them daily. As believers, we declare that our Youth are the righteousness of God! We declare that they walk in obedience and they are growing in the wisdom and stature of the Lord.
We exalt You, our God and King, and praise Your Name forever and ever. You are great and most worthy of praise. No one can measure Your greatness. Each generation will tell its children of Your mighty acts and will proclaim Your power. Lord, You are good to everyone and You shower compassion on all of Your creation. All of Your works will thank You Lord, and we Your faithful followers will praise You. We praise You for Your mighty works. We praise Your unequaled greatness. Father, we thank You for the Youth of Windsor Village UMC. Thank You for Minister Ray Bady and the Outbreak leadership team. Thank You, for protecting our Youth and blessing them in all areas of their lives.
Father, it is Your will that our Youth obey Your commands and seek You first in all they do. We decree that our Youth will obey the Lord with all of their hearts and walk uprightly before Him. We confess that they are blessed and all things are being added to them. We decree that our Youth will not let loyalty and kindness leave them, but they will tie them around their necks and write them deep within their hearts. As they do this, they will find favor with both God and people and they will earn a good reputation. We declare that they will grow into the full knowledge of Jesus Christ and confess with their mouths that He is their Lord and Savior. We declare that our Youth will comprehend how wide, how long, how high, and how deep God’s love is for each of them and they will earnestly seek truth and obtain favor. Lord, we expect You to give them knowledge and skill in all literature and wisdom, like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah. We expect that people will look upon them and know that they are blessed. We declare that they will have ten times more knowledge, skill and wisdom as they obey God’s principles. Collectively, as a Church Family, we confess that our Youth are mighty in the land. We declare that every youth of WVUMC will fulfill God’s will and purpose for their lives.
Holy Spirit, we ask You to fill our Youth with Your wisdom and spiritual understanding. Please help our Youth to choose godly friends and bless their relationships with their parents and loved ones. Turn the hearts of parents and Youth toward each other. Give our parents wisdom and patience as they diligently teach their Youth Your Word. Holy Spirit, teach our parents Your principles for rearing their sons and daughters. Remind our Youth to follow godly instruction. Touch the hearts of our Youth and remind them not to defile themselves with the ways of the world through fornication, lying, stealing, alcohol and drug abuse and other worldly things. Help them to make the right choices and activate Your fruit of the Spirit in their lives. Please protect them and bless them at school and at their jobs.
I commit to proclaim the following blessings of God over the Youth in my community:
Father, forgive our Youth for disrespecting their parents, teachers, elders and any persons of authority. Forgive them for not obeying the instructions of their parents. Forgive them for using profanity, viewing movies and books of pornography, not studying, fornicating, gossiping, ridiculing others, and not representing the Kingdom of God in their daily living. Forgive parents for not raising their Youth according to Your ways. Forgive parents for provoking their Youth to anger by falsely accusing them, cursing them, or using profanity. Forgive our parents and Youth for not representing the Kingdom of God in their homes. Lord, forgive us as a Church Family for not always helping our parents and Youth; we know it takes a village to raise a child. Lord, remind our parents and Youth to forgive one another and others; and help them to forgive.
Lead them not into temptation; but, deliver them from all evil.
Lord, Your Word is forever settled in heaven. Your way is perfect. There is no God like You. Your Word is flawless and You are a shield, a fortress and a place of refuge. You are exalted in perfect faithfulness. You have done marvelous things. We give praise to You, the God who is strong. To You, the only wise God, be the glory, majesty, dominion and power both now and forever. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Scripture References for the Written Text: Psalm 145:1,3-4, 9-10, Psalm 150:2, Matthew 6:33, Proverbs 3:4, Romans 10:9, Ephesians 3:18, Daniel 1:17-20, Colossians 1:9, Malachi 4:6, Proverbs 22:6, Deuteronomy 6:6-9, Galatians 5:22, Ephesians 6:4, Matthew 6:13, Psalm 119:89, Jude 1: 24-25
Today, I will trust God to:
1. God of Elijah, God of our fathers. We declare that the Spirit You are pouring out on the youth of America is stronger than any rebellion and will work to turn the nation back to God. (Luke 1:17)
2. God, it is time! Raise up the sons and daughters of destiny to contend for the cultural keys of our nation. (Isaiah 22:22)
3. Jesus, You are the great freedom fighter. We declare You will arise and contend against the enemies of our children and You will save them. We declare freedom from rebellion, freedom from sexual addiction, freedom from drugs and the occult. We declare a great spiritual jail break for the youth of America. (Isaiah 49:25)
4. Father to the fatherless. We declare that You are pouring out your father’s heart and You will raise up a fathering, mothering movement in America that will raise kids from the dead and set them into double-portion destiny. (1 Kings 19:15-16)
5. You, whose eyes are ablaze with fire, we declare You will pour out Your jealous bridal love on a generation that will then cry out, “No Toleration!” to sexual immorality and idolatry. (Revelation 2:20)
6. God of revival, pour out the promised rain of Your spirit on our sons and daughters. May they see dreams and visions and prophecy. (Joel 2:28)
7. Great Shepherd, we declare that You will teach the youth of America your ways and the fear of the Lord. We declare healing and deliverance shall break out over the land and the shalom of heaven will fill our youth. (Isaiah 54:13)
8. We pray for a youth revival in which great conviction of sin and Holy cleansing takes place. (1 John 1:7)
9. We declare that a great new music and worship will arise that will be filled with truth and passion. We declare hearts, stadiums and the whole earth will be filled with that sound. (John 4:23, 24)
10. Great Martyr of the church, we declare that even as You laid down Your life for us, the young soldiers of the cross will carry the gospel of Jesus Christ to the Muslim world. (Revelation 12:11)
11. God of salvation, raise up youth that will not be ashamed of the Gospel. Let the power of the gospel blaze across out land. We call forth a great Jesus movement. (Romans 1:16)
12. Lord of the harvest, we proclaim You will thrust laborers into every cultural sphere of the harvest; the schools, the mission fields, Hollywood, politics, the streets and the inner cities. (Matthew 9:37)
13. Jesus, You were about Your father’s business at age 12. We declare your spirit of obedience will be mightily upon the young. They will not waste their teenage years, but tithe them to the Lord. (Luke 2:49)
14. God of Justice and power, raise up anointed ones that will lead the way for justice. Raise up evangelists filled with the power of the spirit—doing miracles and healing the sick. (Luke 4:19-19; Isaiah 61:1-2)
15. God for all peoples, raise up a generation who will proclaim Your gospel to every people group in the earth. Release an end-times student-volunteer missions movement. (Matthew 24:14)
16. O Lord, that an end-time church without spot or wrinkle will arise. Let their cry for the Bridegroom erupt and thunder all over the earth, “Come quickly, Lord Jesus!” (Revelation 22:17)
17. Jesus, the one anointed with the oil of joy, raise up young men and women who, although brought up in a culture of murmuring and disrespect, will be filled with joy, thankfulness, and strength of character. May they be the radiant ones known as the offspring of the Lord in a depraved and crooked generation. (Philippians 2:14-15)
18. God of our fathers, we declare a generation will arise who will live in the great shadow of history, who will receive the blessing of the accumulated prayers of the saints past, and who will take the baton with unhindered obedience and hasten the return of the Lord. (Hebrews 12:1)
19. Father of all life, You have dreamed a unique dream for every life. We cry out, “No more abortion! No more destroyed destinies! No cloned destinies!” (Psalms 139:14-16)
20. God of the church, we declare this young generation will know the love of God in such a way that they will break through religious and racial barriers, reject territoriality, spiritual pride and selfish ambition, so that the unity Jesus prayed for will be seen. (John 17:23)
21. May the scriptures be honored, loved and obeyed again in the youth of America. God, we cry for a recovery of the “absolutes” of Your word in our land. (John 3:16)
22. Jesus, lover of our souls, burn Your passions in the heart of the youth of America. Seal their affections. Let Your flame of love break unclean addictions of the human heart. (Song of Songs 8:6)
23. We declare that You Father of all fatherhood will release a fathering discipling movement that will bring a fatherless generation into the deep security of sonship and daughtership in God. (2 Timothy 2:2)
24. We declare that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ will explode in the youth of America a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the true knowledge of God. (Ephesians 1:17)
25. King of Kings and Lord of Lords, we declare You will raise up a massive young praying army across America that will pray and fast for our governmental leaders and shape the destiny of our nation. (1 Timothy 2:2)
26. “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth”…in six days. You, O God, are the Creator. We declare that our children shall know You as the Creator and the day will come when they shall be taught of You even in the public places of America. (Genesis 1:1)
27. You wrote a book of all our days before we were even born. How awesome You are, Father. You have dreamed a dream for every child and written a novel of his/her days. We declare the youth of our nation will fulfill the dreamed destiny…and the curse of abortion over them and our nation will be broken. (Psalms 139:16)
28. We declare these teenagers in the Babylon of today will turn and take a stand for truth and holiness and will not compromise. (Daniel 1:8)
29. There is a generation that is marked by spiritual violence, by extreme passion, sacrifice and devotion. We pray this generation will seize the moment and turn nations back to God. (Matthew 11:12)
30. We declare this is a generation who will wrestle with You in the midst of darkness and will not give up or give in until they see You face to face and you bless them. (Psalms 24:6)
31. We declare those shadowed by a spirit of death, but desperately wanting true life will find it in the Father’s love. Bring forth the prayer anointing of Elisha and breathe life into the souls of the youth of this nation. Redeem what the enemy has stolen. Do it Lord, for your Holy Name’s sake! (II Kings 4:32-34) “The Lord gave the word; great was the company of those who proclaimed it…” –Psalms 68:11
Print This Post