When all else fails…pray the gospel. One morning, I was called by a nurse at a local hospital requesting my immediate presence. The non-Christian spouse of one of our members was moments away from dying. I had no idea what awaited me when I arrived. I walked into a room full of family with this heartbroken husband motioning me over to his wife’s bed. He was also suffering from some medical problems that resulted in a tracheotomy preventing him from speaking. However, it did not take me long to see why I had been summoned. He was asking me to pray over his wife as the doctor removed the ventilator. Twenty minutes ago, I had been in my office neck deep in my studies. Now, I found myself being asked to pray a final prayer over a dying, non-Christian woman in front of her husband and fifteen to twenty non-Christian family members hanging onto some miracle with my prayer. I literally had a few seconds to decide what to do and how to pray.
I decided to pray the gospel for this dying woman, her husband, and this room full of non-Christian family. I did not pray for God to spare her. I did not pray that God would heal her. I did not pray some manipulating request that God would receive her (which is what I think they expected me to pray). I prayed that the gospel was her only hope in such a way that God could let every person in that room know it was their only hope also. Praying the gospel does not have to be complicated, just simple and faithful.
God taught me an invaluable lesson that day in the hospital room that has had a profound impact on me and my ministry. When the gospel is prayed, the gospel is heard. When I prayed the gospel in the room that day, it was for this dying woman moments from facing judgment, her Christian husband, and her lost family members to hear. If we truly believe that faith comes by hearing (Rom. 10:17), we should never leave a hospital room, nursing home, rehabilitation center, or home of a sick person (or healthy person for that matter) without praying the hope of God in Christ.
When you visit, it is ideal in the midst of attempting spiritual conversation to speak about God’s righteousness, man’s sinfulness, and Christ’s dying on the cross in our place for our sins. However, many circumstances can make that difficult. But nothing prevents us from praying the gospel. It is God alone through his Holy Spirit who transforms the darkest heart. Whether through prayer or proclamation, we should see every visit as a divine appointment to make the saving power of the gospel known.
Caring for different people every single day can take a toll on nurses. This is particularly true for nurses working in the pediatric ward. Since patients in this area are more vulnerable to stress, pain and discomfort, it’s not enough for nurses to concentrate on their physical needs. Sending out prayers can help, too because inevitably, it’s so easy for these small people to capture our hearts again and again.
Below are some of the most powerful prayers for a sick child.
Prayer For A Sick Child In The Hospital
You’re with us.
Though you are not seen,
We know that you stay by our side.
You love us,
More than we could know,
And you feel each tear that we cry.
We trust you,
To take hold of our hands,
Until we’re recovered and well.
You promise to,
Comfort and care,
Until we are laughing and playing again.
Thank you Jesus.
Prayer To Restore A Sick Child’s Health
O Lord God, I come to You for help and succor.
You have afflicted my child .
Help me to understand that You mean well.
Give me grace to bear my child’s affliction with patience and strength.
Bless me, O Father, and restore my child to health.
Do not forsake us, but give us an assurance of Your loving Kingdom.
Bless this illness to me and my child , and help us both to be better children of Yours because of it.
In the name of Your Holy Son Jesus Christ. Amen!
Prayer To St. Nicholas For A Sick Child
Saint Nicholas, who like the Savior,
loved children so tenderly and gave generously to those in need,
listen to us who plead for this sick child
who is so dear to our hearts.
We thank God for the great gift of our child
and we pray that He relieve this child of pain
and free him/her from suffering.
Obtain strength when he/she is weary,
hope when discouraged,
and joy when downhearted.
May the Lord, through your intercession,
restore perfect health if such be His divine will.
These favors, we beg of you through your love for all children.
Prayer For A Sick Child Through St. Gerard
St. Gerard, who, like the Savior, loved children so tenderly and by your prayers freed many from disease and even death, listen to us who are pleading for our sick child. We thank God for the great gift of our son/daughter and ask Him to restore our child to health if such be His holy will. This favour, we beg of you through your love for all children and mothers.
Short Prayer for A Sick Child
Heavenly Father, watch over our child, and grant that he may be restored to that perfect health which it is yours alone to give; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Prayer For A Sick Child With Chronic Illness
Dear God, I pray for (child’s name) as he/she deals with this (specific illness) so often. I know You are the Master Healer and that You also provide times that are symptom-free for this dear little one. Please comfort and protect this dear child during this hard time. Help them to know that they can come to You for the peace and health that only You can provide. Please be with the doctors as they continually study to find medicines and treatments that will comfort those that suffer from chronic illnesses. I leave this in Your precious hands oh God my Father. Amen
See Also: 9 Powerful Healing Prayers for Cancer Patients
Prayer For A Sick Child With Threatening Illness
Lord I come to You today to present (child’s name) to You. This very deadly sickness that is upon him/her is very sad to all who know and love him/her. I know that in times like this his/her Mommy and Daddy are in despair. Please keep them strong in You so that they can be a comfort to this dear little child. Please keep (child’s name) from being scared of what is happening all around him/her. I ask Your mercy so that pain would be minimal or nonexistence. I love this small and fragile little child. Bestow Your grace and peace to them and all who love them. I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.
Prayer To Bring Healing To A Child
Lord, you love our child as You love all children, Bring healing to our child who is not well. Stay by his side and comfort him through this trying time. Keep us ever mindful of Your loving presence Bless us with Your powerful healing and comfort us also. Thank You for hearing our prayer!
See Also: 20 Short But Effective Prayers for Surgery
A Prayer For My Sick Child
Loving Lord Jesus, You are the good Shepherd of the sheep and You are the One Who carries the little lambs in Your arms – and gently cares for those that are weak and afraid. Lord it is so hard to watch a child in distress and feel helpless to aid them – but I pray Lord that You would safely carry this little child and tend for him/her as only You can.
I lift up this precious child to You and ask for Your healing power to permeate through his/her frail body and return him/her to radiant health and strength. Relieve all the symptoms of this unpleasant illness that has invaded this little body – guard him/her from danger and may he/she respond to Your healing touch on his/her life.
Thank You that You are a God Who cares and loves little children and that You hear and answer prayers. Keep this precious lamb enfolded in Your arms and resting on Your bosom and raise him/ her back to full health I pray – and we will give You all the thanks and praise for You alone are worthy.
Prayer For The Recovery For A Sick Child
Almighty and most merciful God I bring before You this little child who is suffering such pain and discomfort – and I ask that in Your grace and mercy You would raise them back up into full health and strength and work a speedy recovery.
The Lord Jesus took little children in His arms of love and blessed them and I pray that in a very special way You would put Your arms of love and blessing around this little one and minister to each need and every pain.
Little ones do not understand why they are feeling so poorly and I just ask that You would have compassion for this little child and take away any fear and pain – and multiply Your grace so that they come to a quick and lasting recovery….
Thank You Lord in Jesus name we pray,
Before we go to sleep tonight, let’s offer a heartfelt prayer for a sick child somewhere out there.
♥ Connect with NurseBuff on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!
In my deepest, darkest moments, what really got me through was a prayer. Sometimes my prayer was ‘Help me.’ Sometimes a prayer was ‘Thank you.’ What I’ve discovered is that intimate connection and communication with my creator will always get me through because I know my support, my help, is just a prayer away.
Prayer For Children in Hospital Loving Lord Jesus Christ, You were the one Who encouraged the little children to come to You and placed Your hands on them to bless them. Lord, we bring the many children that are in hospital tonight facing so many different sicknesses and illnesses.
Prayer for healing (the prayer poem in the film above) Lord of Heaven, I rest underneath you mighty wings of love. I dwell within your gentle heart. I know there is healing in your touch. Through the sufferings of Christ I can ask for restoration And trust in your goodness. You are my Lord, my Saviour, My healer and my friend.
Hospital Bed Prayers. 3 Days. It’s hard to know how to pray when someone dear is hurt or sick. When you don’t know whether to cry or be brave, the words get caught. But, whether we are eloquent or stuttering, He listens. In this 3-day plan, pray along with a mother who has spent significant time at the side of her little one’s hospital bed.
Almighty and eternal God, you are the everlasting health of those who believe in you. Hear us for your sick servant Mr. Hipp for whom we implore the aid of …
www.catholic.org › Prayers
On this page you can discover several beautiful prayers for healing, strength and restoration of the body and mind, including prayers for loved ones and …
Jesus said many prayers for healing, curing the sick as he walked this … Say these healing prayers and bible verses for someone you love. Share Flipboard
Use these 6 prayers for the sick to call out … 6 Prayers for the Sick: Calling Out to God. … Do you have loved ones in the hospital because of sickness …
a prayer for the sick (an inspiring short prayer for someone to pray for a friend or family member who is sick or in ill health) Father, Your love is as …
Whether through prayer or … What can I pray when praying for the sick in the hospital?” … I pray when praying for the sick in the …
Sickness is inevitable to every human – that’s human nature for you! When loved ones, family and friends fall sick, as important as the care by the doctors and nurses are, so are our prayers and good wishes.
These caring words of prayers and wishes have a way of letting them know that we share in their suffering and that they have a space in our hearts, thereby helping them to get better faster than expected.
In this list are good wishes and prayers you can choose from for your sick loved ones. I hope you like them, and I hope that they get better.
Healing Prayer for the Sick
1. I hope you get well soon so that you’ll enjoy life’s blessed moments.
2. I wish you a speedy recovery as you’re nursed back to health by the nurses!
3. I pray you’re back to full health sooner than ever because we miss you at work. Get well soon.
4. Your place isn’t on the sick bed. I pray that the healing hand of God will raise you and strengthen you.
5. Your face looks so off colour whenever you fall sick. I don’t like such moments. Get well soon so we can have a beautiful you again!
6. The hospital isn’t the best place to be in. The smell is out of this world, and the injections horrible. I wish you a speedy recovery!
7. I pray that you get healthier and happier as you recover from malaria. I love you.
8. By Jesus’s stripes, you’re healed! Amen.
9. Cheer up and get well soon. Your friends miss your company.
10. We have a couple of new gists to share, so get well quick, so that we get to it!
- 50 Powerful Prayer Points for Protection
Healing Prayer SMS for the Sick
11. Dad, Mum, I and others miss your laughter reverberating in the hallway. Get up quick! Wishing you a swift recovery.
12. You’re one of the strongest persons I’ve met. Gather the positive energy, and be healed from inside out.
13. Rest and relax, as you get all the care you need to be back on track. Get well soon brother.
14. I want you to know that you’re in my prayers for your quick recovery. May God’s healing power rest upon you.
15. We send you all the good wishes in the world as you are freed from the hold of sickness.
16. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through this period of being under the weather. May the weather clear, and may you be returned to full health soon.
17. I hope you get back to a hundred percent health soon. I truly miss not having you around.
18. I pray the sickness doesn’t submerge, and that you enjoy the rest of your life in perfect health. God bless you.
19. I hope my well wishes will spread a smile on your sick face. Get well soon dear.
20. I’m happy to hear you are getting better. I hope you bounce back to your healthy self soon.
Healing Prayer Messages for the Sick
21. May the peace of God rest upon you and release you from your sick bed.
22. We pray for a miraculous healing for you as soon as possible. We love seeing you hale and hearty.
23. May all the strength and help you need to get back to your strong self, be supplied to you. Get better very soon.
24. God’s powerful hand will take away your discomfort and ill health. You’re on your way to a healthier life.
25. I hope you get a good energy needed to get well soon. I miss your contagious smile and your lively spirit.
26. Your absence and illness hurt us as the day goes by without having you around. May the angels tend and pamper you, and may you spend the rest of your life in sound health.
27. I pray that you sickness pass as quickly as it came. I can’t wait to have you back home.
28. Every day I pray that the Lord keep you from suffering due to the sickness. He’ll get you back to your feet faster than you imagine. Get well soon!
29. May the be a total healing of your body, soul and spirit. You’re healed in Jesus name!
30. May you be fit for all of life’s task my friend. Get well soon!
Awesome Healing Prayer for the Sick
31. May the miracle of total recuperation work wonders in your life. Bounce back to total health my dear.
32. May the healing hands of the divine bring you to fast recovery. Amen.
33. “Get on your feet and walk!” That’s God telling you your sickness is over!
34. My prayers are with you so that you heal up very fast.
35. May the pain and tough times engendered by your illness be removed by the healing hands of God. Amen.
36. May the ill health leave you, may the pains go, and may you be as strong as a horse again.
37. May you experience the joy of being in sound health again. This I pray!
38. Get well soon and bubble with life. God is with you all the way.
39. May the healing powers of the “most high” bring comfort and grace in place of sickness. Get well soon.
40. May the messengers of God responsible for a good health visit you and lead you back to sound health.
Yoke-Breaking Healing Prayer for the Sick
41. May the blessings of good health always be yours. Grace to you as you get better.
42. As you recuperate from your sickness, I pray that God’s love be with you to see you through these trying times.
43. May you heal up and find health in no time. Get better soon.
44. May the hand that raised Jesus from the dead raise you from your sick bed. I wish you quick recovery.
45. I pray for speedy and easy recovery for you. Heal fast so you can return to your cheerful self.
46. I pray that you win the battle over sickness and illness. Get well soon.
47. May laughter be in your mouth again. May you find total freedom from the hold of sickness.
48. May you find warmth and good cheer as you recover from your illness.
49. May you blossom once again like a tree planted by the riverside. Feel good soon.
50. Recover fast to be sound in health. Grace to you.
- Written By Omopo Stanley.