For the Recovery of a Sick Person
O Merciful God, giver of life and health; Bless, I pray you, your servant, , and those who administer to with your healing gifts; that may be restored to health of body and of mind; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Prayer for Physical Renewal
Lord, I come before you today in need of your healing hand. In you all things are possible. Hold my heart within yours, and renew my mind, body, and soul.
I am lost, but I am singing. You gave me life, and you also give me the gift of infinite joy. Give me the strength to move forward on the path you’ve laid out for me. Guide me towards better health, and give me the wisdom to identify those you’ve placed around me to help me get better. In your name I pray,
For Recovery from Illness
O Lord Jesus Christ, our Savior, Physician of souls and bodies, who became human and suffered death on the Cross for our salvation; through your tender love and compassion, you healed all kinds of sickness and affliction; I pray that you will visit me in my suffering, and grant me grace and strength to bear this sickness with which I am afflicted, with Christian patience and submission to your will, trusting in your loving kindness and tender mercy.
Bless, I pray you, the means used for my recovery, and those who administer them. I know O Lord, that I justly deserve any punishment you may inflict upon me for, I have so often offended and sinned against you, in thought, word and deed. Therefore, I humbly pray to you to look upon my weakness, and deal with me not according to my sins, but according to the multitude of your mercies. Have compassion on me, and let mercy and justice meet; and deliver me from this sickness and suffering I am undergoing.
Grant that my sickness may be the means of my true repentance and amendment of my life according to your will, that I may spend the rest of my days in your love and fear: that my soul, being helped by your grace and sanctified by your holy Spirit, may be prepared for its passage to eternal life, in the company of the faithful, and may praise and glorify you, with your Eternal Father and life-giving Spirit.
For Someone Who Suffers Illness
O FATHER of mercies and God of all comfort, our only help in time of need; I humbly beseech thee to behold, visit, and relieve those who suffer from illness of the body, mind, and spirit for whom our prayers are desired. Look upon with the eyes of thy mercy; comfort him with a sense of thy goodness; preserve him from the temptations of the enemy; and give him patience under his affliction. In thy good time, restore him to health, and enable him to lead the residue of his life in thy fear, and to thy glory; and grant that finally he may dwell with thee in life everlasting; through Jesus Christ our Lord
For Those Suffering from Mental Illness
O HEAVENLY Father, I beseech you to have mercy upon all your children who are living with mental illnesses, . Restore them to strength of mind and cheerfulness of spirit, and give them health and peace; and if, because of their clouded minds, they are unable to pray for forgiveness of their sins, I pray that you will keep their souls pure and blameless, through the miraculous love of Jesus Christ our Lord.
For One about to Undergo Surgery
ALMIGHTY God our heavenly Father, I pray that you will comfort your servant in suffering, and will bless those who try to heal and the means they use. Fill heart with confidence, that even though is sometimes afraid, yet may put his trust in you; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Thanksgiving After Recovery from Sickness
Almighty God, our heavenly Father, source of life and fountain of all good things, I bless your Holy Name, and give you the most hearty thanks for having delivered me from my sickness and restored me to health. Grant me your continuing grace, that I may keep my good resolutions and correct the errors of my past life, and improve in virtue, and live a new life in dutiful fear of you, doing your will in all things, and devoting this new life which you have given me to your service: that living for you, I may be ready when it is your will to call me to you. All honor, praise, glory, and thanksgiving to you, heavenly Father, together with your blessed son Jesus and the Holy Comforter, now and forever.
Are you facing a difficult disease, illness or malady and want to cry out to God for healing but don’t know what to pray? If you feel scared, alone, unsure of the future, or don’t understand how healing works, pray these words below in faith today! Below are four prayers for healing, an interview with Max Lucado explaining how we should pray for healing, and some of our favorite Bible verses on healing.
God tells us that through prayer, He can speak to us and use us to work miracles for His glory. When you use this prayer for healing you are coming to God completely surrendered and expectant to let His Holy Spirit work in and through you. I pray that you will find miraculous healing as you seek God’s plan for your life – His plan to prosper you and to give you a hope and future!
- 1 Here are Four Prayers for Healing you can use today to speak life and hope into your situation.
- 2 A Prayer for Personal Healing
- 3 How to Pray for Healing – Max Lucado
- 4 A Short Prayer for Healing for Friends
- 5 A Prayer for Healing and Grace
- 6 A Prayer for Healing Sick Family and Friends
- 7 Healing Bible Verses
- 8 Get Well Soon Messages – Magical Words for Speedy Recovery
- 9 Recovery Notes
- 10 Inspiring Wishes
- 11 After a Surgery
- 12 Card Messages
- 13 Get Well Soon Greetings
- 14 Recovery Greetings
- 15 Come Back Soon
Here are Four Prayers for Healing you can use today to speak life and hope into your situation.
A Prayer for Personal Healing
God, you know me so well. You created me. You know the number of hairs on my head, and you even know the thoughts conceived in my heart before I ever vocalize them. You’ve told us to come to you and ask for every need of life. You are Jehovah-Rapha, the God who heals, and you have the final word on my destiny, the number of years I’ll live and serve you on earth.
I’m coming to you today as your child, longing to hear from you and asking for your divine healing. There’s so much I don’t understand about life. But I do know that with one touch, one word, you can make me whole. Please forgive me of my sins, cleanse me of my unrighteousness, and begin your healing from the inside out.
I don’t always know what your will is Lord, especially in times like now, when I desperately seek your face. I offer you no promises, no bargains, no deals to exchange for my health. I simply bow my heart before you to tell you the desire of my heart: that I want to spend as many years as I can loving you here, loving others, and wanting to become more like you. However you choose to accomplish that is up to you—and okay with me. If you use doctors to provide healing, give them wisdom to know what to do. Regardless of how you accomplish it, the healing you give is always miraculous. And you deserve all the praise.
I absolutely believe you have the power to heal. You demonstrated that on earth, and you still heal in miraculous ways today. Even when my faith is weak, you say it is enough, and my love for you is strong. And I know you already hold my heart and life in your hands. It’s up to you. If I can bring you more glory through healing, then that’s what I ask for. That’s what I desire.
But if your answer is no, or not now, I know that your grace is sufficient for me. Ultimately, I want your will to be my will. I look forward to spending an eternity with you. But Lord, if you have planned still more for me to do here on this earth, I not only need and want your physical healing, Lord, but a thorough, deep-down cleansing and strengthening—a whole-hearted renewal of all that I am. Because all that I am is yours. Use this trial to strengthen me from a “what-if” faith to a “no-matter-what” faith. And no matter what, I choose to honor you and give you glory.
In Jesus’s name, Amen.
~ Rebecca Barlow Jordan
How to Pray for Healing – Max Lucado
A Short Prayer for Healing for Friends
Lord, your Word speaks promises of healing and restoration and I thank you for the miracles you still perform today. Today I claim those promises over my friend. I believe in the healing power of faith and prayer and I ask you to begin your mighty work in the life of my friend. Please reach down and surround my friend with supernatural peace and strength and give her the faith to believe that all things are possible for you. Protect her from Satan’s lies and discouragement and let her miraculous healing begin. Amen.
A Prayer for Healing and Grace
We confess our need for you today. We need your healing and your grace. We need hope restored. We need to be reminded that you work on behalf of those you love, constantly, powerfully, completely. Forgive us for trying to fix our situations all on our own. Forgive us for running all different directions and spinning our wheels to find help, when true help and healing must be found first in You. Forgive us for forgetting how much we need you, above everyone and everything else. We come to you and bring you the places we are hurting. You see where no one else is able to fully see or understand. You know the pain we’ve carried. The burdens. The cares. You know where we need to be set free. We ask for your healing and grace to cover every broken place. Every wound. Every heartache. Thank you that you are Able to do far more than we could ever imagine. Thank you for your Mighty Power that acts on behalf of your children. We reach out to you, and know that you are restoring and redeeming every place of difficulty, every battle, for your greater glory. Thank you that you will never waste our pain and suffering. We love you. We need you today.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen
~ Debbie McDaniel
A Prayer for Healing Sick Family and Friends
Lord Jesus, thank you that you love . I know that you hate what their illness is doing to them/me. I ask that you would heal this disease, that you would have compassion and bring healing from all sickness.
Your word says in Psalm 107:19-20 that when we call out to you the Eternal one you will give the order, heal and rescue us from certain death. In the Bible, I have read of miraculous healing and I believe that you still heal the same way today. I believe that there is no illness you cannot heal after all the bible tells of you raising people from the dead so I ask for your healing in this situation.
I also know from my experience of life on earth that not everyone is healed. If that happens here than keep my heart soft towards you, help me to understand your plan and help me to be excited about heaven.
God, I thank you that belongs to you and that you are in control of everything that happens from our first breath to our last sigh.
~ Wendy van Eyck
Read 11 More Prayers for Healing at Praywithme.com – Helpful guiding words for praying over physical, spiritual and emotional healing.
Healing Bible Verses
My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man’s whole body.
Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave. Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men.
Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.
He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
More Healing Scripture
What are you praying for healing over today? Join our large praying community in the comments below and experience the power, hope and healing that comes when you allow others to cover you in prayer.
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersShort PrayersThe Lord’s PrayerSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for Guidance
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer, read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.
You’re on Get Well Soon Messages, page 3 of 3 of Get Well Soon Quotes and Messages
Page 1 – Get Well Quotes
Page 2 – Quotations and Wishes for Getting Well
Page 3 – Get Well Soon Messages
Get well soon messages when someone is sick, injured, or recovering from a surgery, your words of care and love can go a long way in making them feel better and relaxed. It doesn’t matter whether the person is a friend, colleague or a relative. What matters is how your caring words make them feel!
Doctor’s medicine is important, but sometimes, it’s more important for patients to feel good about themselves! The healing power is often said to be a matter of how you feel. So when you send a get-well-soon card to a close friend or loved one, make sure the messages inspire and encourage them to feel better!
Get Well Soon Messages – Magical Words for Speedy Recovery
Funny Get Well Wishes
Fun and laughter can revive and rejuvenate anyone. It is not for nothing that they say that laughter is one of the best medicine. Anything funny that brightens up the patient can work wonders! Send a card with an appropriate funny message from these:
- Falling ill is a great way to get paid off. I wish you enjoy your beauty sleep while funding our poor doctors! Wish you a quick recovery!
- Dear friend, we are sad that you have been away for a while. We have been missing your smile. We miss you at work! Get well soon!
- If you had not enjoyed all that ice cream without me, the fever would not have been this severe. Next time call me to share all the ice cream! Get well soon!
- What happened to you? You need to get well soon. We have to continue our gossiping, so sleep well and get well soon.
- Now that you have fallen sick, you must know that you are the most likable person around. Even the bacteria and viruses have fallen for your charms. Wish you make a speedy recovery!
Funny Get Well Messages
- Now that you are under house arrest, you will get all the lawful punishments you deserve! It’s time to get all the bed rest and fluids that you deserve so much! Wishing you to get well soon!
- I wish you to make a speedy recovery. You know I need to borrow some money! Don’t you know that you are the only bank I take loans from! So get well dear!
- Another chance to sleep in for you? Some folks will go to great lengths to get some extra shut-eye. All kidding aside, get well soon!
- If you were not this beautiful, the virus would not have hit on you. I am luckier than you because I am not as charming as you. Get well soon!
- I used to think that you were superhuman. But now I think that you too are human like us! Get well soon!
- A healthier you means less work for me. What are you waiting for? Get well soon!
Get Well Soon Funny
- Folks who think laughter is the best medicine apparently have never had morphine. Be well.
- Feel better in a hurry so we can get back to making fun of you with no guilt.
- I’ve waved my magic wand to make it all better…what’s taking so long?
- Sorry you had to eat hospital food.
- Life is boring without you. Hurry up already!
- I can only be nice for so long – get better soon.
Wishes for Friend
- God’s speed in your recovery to full health!
- Prayers coming your way for a speedy recovery.
- Hope your 100% soon!
- Sending recovery good thoughts your way.
- Hope your feeling well soon.
- Sending good, healthy vibes your way for a speedy recovery.
- Being sick is no fun — come join the fun people and get well soon.
- Feeling better sometimes just takes a little time. You’ve taken enough. Get well right away.
- I’m Florence Nightingale and you’re my patient. We will get through this together.
- I worry that when you get all our warm regards your fever will increase further. Just kidding! Get well and get back soon!
- You don’t look great when you are ill. So get well in a hurry so that you look attractive again! Wishing you a speedy recovery!
- I think God is always testing your tolerance because you have lots of patience. Be on good terms with god and get well soon!
- I am looking for a magician to fix that broken leg of yours. You don’t have to spend so many weeks in recovery! Just kidding! Wish you a speedy recovery!
- I remember telling you that I will stand by you forever! But that didn’t mean that you had to break your hands for me to prove my words! Get well soon!
- Make sure that you don’t play with the medicines and follow what the doctors tell you! Wish you a complete and speedy recovery!
- If you don’t get better fast I will inject you with lots of pain killers. I guess you know that I am not great when it comes to taking injections! Get well and skip my injections!
- Hope day by day goes quickly and you’re up on your feet soon.
- Your illness is another confirmation for my doubts that you are such a great attention seeker! Wish you a quick recovery so that you can seek all the attention when you are healthy!
- I know that there is no fun in being in the hospital. I wish that you are kicked out of there quickly! Get well soon!
Inspiring a patient and making them feel strong can contribute to their recovery in a big way. Here are some messages that can inspire your friend or loved one to get will and get back to their normal life!
- I wish you to get well and get back to life again so that you can experience all the delights and fun that life has to offer!
- When I checked the doctor’s prescription I found that it didn’t have a very important medicine – your best friend’s company! Wish you a speedy recovery!
- I wish that every day your strength grows and you become happier and healthier! Fill yourself with all the positive energy and you will recover faster!
- Don’t worry about the illness. I am taking karate classes to kick the hell out of it! Wishing you a speedy recovery!
- Take a look outside and the sun is shining bright and tells you to get better and get going! Cheer up and get well soon!
- This is the best time when you should know that so many people care about you. And I am one of those people! Wish you get well and back to work soon!
What to Say in a Get Well Card
- There is time for work and time for rest. You feel sick because it was time your body got some rest. I think it was for the best! When you get back on your feet, it will be time for us to party hard! Wishing you a speedy recovery!
- We all miss you, your kindness and your sense of humor! You need to know that everyone is eagerly waiting for your return. Get well soon!
- I have a whole bunch of new stories to tell! Get well and get back soon so that I won’t forget them!
- When I was sick, you cracked up a joke and said that laughter is the best medicine! It made me even more ill. Don’t worry I will not be sending many jokes to you! Wishing you a speedy recovery!
- Good humor and health are like sunshine to greenery! Life is not just about living, it’s about living well! So shine and get well soon!
- I am wondering why it’s easy to read the doctor’s bill and not their prescription! Keep pondering as you heal quickly!
After a Surgery
Surgeries are followed by some pain and challenges. A few words of care and love during this time can help speed up the healing!
- You are one of the strongest and bravest people I know! Now it’s time to heal and get better soon! Wishing a speedy recovery!
- I wish you the best in health and that you make a quick recovery from your surgery!
- A successful surgery is 100% of the job done well! Now it’s up to you to heal quickly and get back to life! Wishing you a quick recovery!
- The best thing about a surgery is that everyone takes full care of you! It is an even better feeling than getting a vacation! I wish you a speedy recovery!
- Your surgery was your doctor’s headache! Healing and recovering is yours! Rest and relax and enjoy all the pampering and care you get! Wishing you all the care and love so that you make a quick recovery!
Wishes Recovery Good
- Don’t worry if you feel crummy after the surgery. Its only for a few days. Sending you wishes for a faster recovery!
- I wanted you to know that you are in our thoughts and good wishes! I am praying for your quick recovery and better health!
- Feel messages of healing coming your way from all your friends at the office.
- When I think of your strength, I know that a surgery is nothing to stop you! Wish you a speedy recovery!
Words of Encouragement After Surgery
- The medicines and pain are not as bad as the hospital food! I know how much you must be craving for home-made food! Get well soon so that you can enjoy all the good food you love!
- Sending you our love and wishes after your surgery! We wish you to recover quickly and get back to being healthy and happier than ever!
- It’s time for you to listen to your doctor and loved ones! Drink all the fluids, take all the medicines and take rest. You can work and enjoy all you can once you have recovered fully! Wishing you a speedy recovery!
- I am happy for your successful surgery! Spending your days in the hospital can be boring. But the best part is getting your food in bed! Wishing you a speedy recovery so that you don’t get spoilt by the daily routine!
- I wish you comfort and rest after your surgery! I want you to know that we are thinking of you and wish you a speedy recovery!
Looking for get well card messages that hit the mark? Review these listings for ideas. And, then, personalize your card with your own message.
Card messages aren’t my thing. Get well soon!
During this down time we hope that your recovery is a relaxing and restful one. All the best and we hope you get well soon!
GET WELL SOON!! Missing you lots and we hope that you have a quick recovery.
Get well soon. Feel better. We miss you!
Better you than me. Get well soon!
Get Well Soon Greetings
GET WELL SOON!! We’re missing you lots at . Wishing you a speedy recovery and looking forward to having you back soon.
Good health starts with a happy heart. Hope these flowers start the job!
Here’s to hoping you get well soon. We’re thinking of you during this time and we hope that your recovery is a restful one.
Get well soon greetings from one of your best friends.
Here’s to hoping you GET WELL SOON! We’re missing you at and can’t wait to have you back.
Hope your recovery is a speedy one. We miss you!
We’re hoping your surgery (GOES/WENT) well, and that your recovery is quick!
Hope you’re back on your feet pronto.
You’ll be on your feet again soon.
Hoping these flowers brighten not only your room, but your heart today.
We pray and hope this finds you well on the way to recovery.
More recovery messages
I am sorry you are not feeling well. I am praying for you to have a complete and quick recovery.
If I told you to “Get Well Soon,” it wouldn’t be soon enough. Get Well Now.
I’m really sorry to hear of your illness. We’re all thinking of you during this time and hope your recovery is a speedy one.
Loving relief for your aches and pains.
Loving thoughts are tucked inside this bundle of flowers!
May every day find you feeling better!
May you enjoy this time off to put your feet up and recover fully. We hope that the next few weeks are filled with lots of rest and relaxation.
May you feel your usual self again in no time!! Missing you lots while you’re getting back on you feet and hope to see you at again soon.
May your hospital stay be only short! Wishing you a complete and restful recovery. GET WELL SOON!
May your recovery be a quick and zippy one. Enjoy the time off and we hope to see back on your feet again soon.
May your recovery be a short but restful one. We’re all thinking of you during this time and we hope you’re back on your feet soon.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you as we wish for a complete and restful recovery. Looking forward to catching up with you again soon.
Our thoughts are with you. Get well soon! Thinking of you.
Our warmest thoughts are with you. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Sending loads of love your way for a speedy recovery!
Our prayers, healing thoughts, and a little sunshine to brighten your day are coming your way.
Sending you some get well cheer!
Take care of yourself and feel better soon.
Thinking of you. May you feel better soon.
To brighten your day!
Come Back Soon
We miss you! Come back soon!
We’re sick without you. Get well soon.
We’re all missing you terribly and can’t wait to have you back at again. Get well soon! Lots of love.
We’re all thinking of you during this time while you’re getting better in hospital. Wishing you a speedy recovery and we hope to see you again at soon.
We’re all thinking of you while you’re in hospital with your feet up. Wishing you a speedy recovery and we hope to see you at again soon.
We’re thinking of you during this time!! Wishing you a restful recovery and we hope that your back to you’re usual self again soon.
Our prayers for a speedy recovery.
The Official “Get Well Soon” Song Video
Wishing you a super duper, fast and zippy recovery! hasn’t been the same without you.
Wishing you all the best with your recovery. May you use this restful time to recharge and energize. All the best.
You are in my thoughts. If there is anything I can do, please let me know.
You are missed! Get well and hurry back.
Get Well Wishes
- For a quick recovery and return to good health.
- Sending you a boatload of well wishes for a speedy recovery.
- Hugs and Kisses and get well wishes.
- Hope your tail is wagging again soon.
- Take care of yourself and be well soon.
- Praying you are feeling great in no time.
- Heard that you’ve been under the weather. Hope things clear up soon.
What to say when someone is sick
- Sending loving thoughts your way and hoping for a quick recovery.
- Caring thoughts are with you.
- Hope you feel better soon!
- We’re missing you tons.
- Surgery stinks! Get well in a hurry – we miss you.
You might also like:
Quotes about Overcoming
Merry Christmas greetings, jokes and pictures