by Sharon (Arizona)
Please pray for this precious little girl.
Please Lord we ask that you heal Hope, that you come into her and take away illness, pain, or any fears associated with her cancer.
Lord we beg you to spare this child any suffering. Please Lord guide this family let them feel your amazing power and grace, bestow upon them the love, faith and guidance they will need to conquer these trials, we praise you Lord.
In Jesus name Amen
Thank you everyone who prays this prayer!
- 1 Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer For a Sick Child”
- 2 Recent prayer requests…
- 3 Prayers for a Sick Child
- 4 Healing and Encouraging Scriptures
- 5 Here are Four Prayers for Healing you can use today to speak life and hope into your situation.
- 6 A Prayer for Personal Healing
- 7 How to Pray for Healing – Max Lucado
- 8 A Short Prayer for Healing for Friends
- 9 A Prayer for Healing and Grace
- 10 A Prayer for Healing Sick Family and Friends
- 11 Healing Bible Verses
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer For a Sick Child”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Prayer for pain – I ask for prayers for my daughter she has chest pain. Thank you
- Restore my good health – The perfection of God is expressed through me. The idea of perfect health is now filling my subconscious mind. The image God has of me …
- Restore health – Pray for Nellie that her health is restored in JESUS name this my mom who helped her mom my dad her sister now need the …
- Heal my precious young son – Hello, I ask to anyone that can find it in their heart to pray for the healing and health of my precious 9year old son. …
- Prayer for my sick son – As my 11 month old son Rushat is suffering with the severe pneumonia and he is in icu from last 15 days kindly requesting you …
- Healing – In the name of jesus ..please heal Abbas from Cancer.
- Prayer for healing – Please Lord touch my children that are struggling with illness, strife , and addiction . Touch and heal my oldest son who has battled years …
- Prayers for SK – Please send prayers for my great grandson Sawyer who was born early because his mother was addicted and died yesterday. He is very critical with …
- Prayers for our Soldier – Heavenly Father Please pray for our daughter Sarah that she be healed of this awful, 2nd round of Brain Cancer that has stopped her in …
- Prayers for our baby girl – We are asking for prayers for our one-month old baby girl Jo. She has been diagnosed with RSV and we are currently at a pediatric …
- My niece – My sister had a surgery recently and after the recovery she was released to go home as soon as my sister got home she called …
- Prayer for my son – I am requesting prayer for my son Jack Schneider as we are headed to the ER in order for him to submit & get help …
- Prayer for healing – Father God heal my child
- Please help me to protect my babies from illnesses – Please be cure my darling daughter from fever and protect my 4day old baby from that. I am so much confused. Please help us god.
- Prayer for Clarissa – Dear Lord, You are the greatest healer and I give you praise. I place my 8 months old niece, ( Clarissa ) who is undergoing …
- Heal my child – Father god please heal my child Kimora who suffers from cerebral palsy please heal her brain and take away her seizures please keep her healthy …
- Total healing for my son – I pray and ask Heavenly God to heal my son of perinatal asphyxia and to allow my son have stability health wise. So that he …
- Holly – Dear God, please help Holly find her inner self. Help to find her strength to life a whole complete life knowing You have great plans …
- Heal my son from schizophrenia – I pray that God the Father, Jesus His Son and the Holy Spirit will heal my son Charles. I pray for intercessory prayer by the …
- Prayer for Olona – Heavenly Father, I present Olona to You who has just been admitted to hospital. Lord we know that you love children, please spare her from …
- Health – I pray that my son Dante who has down syndrome will be strong and break norms of the society about disability. He must be god’s …
- Health prayer – Please pray for my grandson who is only 2 and has pneumonia. He also has asthma, a heart murmur and a rare blood disorder.
- Get well daughter – Dear God and blessed Mother Mary, please be with my Jillie. Please she is only 24 and and needs to make a Complete recovery from …
- Prayers for Penny – Penny goes into surgery on 3.7.18 for a mass biopsy and removal. Please send prayers for a safe surgery and positive outcome. Thank you all
- Healing – Kindly please pray for my niece nia Greene who is having severe belly pain right now she is hospitalized and receiving Iv treatment.praying for it …
- Healing – Please pray for my daughter Stevey Lynn (11 years old) she has been feeling tired, and the other day she blacked out with shortness of …
- Prayer for sons health – Please pray for my son. He has blood clots in leg and lung. He has a blood clotting factor. Pray that the doctor gets him …
- J’Ziah Healing Prayer – Father God, I pray for J’Ziah as he deals with this virus, fever, or flu like cold. I know You are the Master Healer for …
- Pleurisy – My son Ricky has been suffering with pleurisy for about 12 to 14 years. He ends up in the hospital almost every year. The pain …
- For my baby – My baby will delivery next month..But scan report baby have congenital diaphragmatic hernia..After delivery need surgery..till now I don’t have money…This surgery it will take …
- Healing – My teenager was hit in the head today playing football and went unconscious for a few seconds, he has a concussion but is doing well …
- Paw Paw Clarence Jr. and MAWMAW Eve – Dear God, Teach me to be gracious through whatever situations arise. I may not receive piles of money, but I will be dignified. I am …
- My daughter – My daughter has been diagnosed with a very painful disease. She is about to lose her mind in pain. Other than surgery with no guarantee …
- Pray for my nephew – Please for my nephew he has a fever and I pray that it goes away Jesus I ask humbly that you touch his body and …
- Fast recovery – Pls pray for Luke to recover for all he has gone heal his lungs
- Prayers for frail new born – Please pray for my great niece who was born too early (at 24 weeks) and is having a hard time beating the odds against her. …
- Prayer for Maya – Please pray for my Grand daughter Maya who is in the hospital suffering through some awful procedures. Thank you. God Bless.
- Prayer for Maya – Please pray for my Grand daughter Maya who is in the hospital suffering through some awful procedures. Thank you. God Bless.
- Son taken to er, – Dear Father in Heaven, My Son is at the er, Please find out what he what is making light headed, stumbling on his feet, and …
- Daughter – Dear lord, Please heal my 7 month old baby who was hospitalize a week ago due to 3 viruses. The thoughtnof seeing her with tubes …
Caring for different people every single day can take a toll on nurses. This goes particularly true with nurses working on the pediatric ward. Since patients in this area are more vulnerable to stress, pain and discomfort, it’s not enough for nurses to concentrate on their physical needs. Sending out prayers can help, too because inevitably, it’s so easy for these small people to capture our hearts again and again.
Below are some of the most powerful prayers for a sick child.
Prayer For A Sick Child In The Hospital
You’re with us.
Though you are not seen,
We know that you stay by our side.
You love us,
More than we could know,
And you feel each tear that we cry.
We trust you,
To take hold of our hands,
Until we’re recovered and well.
You promise to,
Comfort and care,
Until we are laughing and playing again.
Thank you Jesus.
Prayer To Restore A Sick Child’s Health
O Lord God, I come to You for help and succor.
You have afflicted my child .
Help me to understand that You mean well.
Give me grace to bear my child’s affliction with patience and strength.
Bless me, O Father, and restore my child to health.
Do not forsake us, but give us an assurance of Your loving Kingdom.
Bless this illness to me and my child , and help us both to be better children of Yours because of it.
In the name of Your Holy Son Jesus Christ. Amen!
Prayer To St. Nicholas For A Sick Child
Saint Nicholas, who like the Savior,
loved children so tenderly and gave generously to those in need,
listen to us who plead for this sick child
who is so dear to our hearts.
We thank God for the great gift of our child
and we pray that He relieve this child of pain
and free him/her from suffering.
Obtain strength when he/she is weary,
hope when discouraged,
and joy when downhearted.
May the Lord, through your intercession,
restore perfect health if such be His divine will.
These favors, we beg of you through your love for all children.
Prayer For A Sick Child Through St. Gerard
St. Gerard, who, like the Savior, loved children so tenderly and by your prayers freed many from disease and even death, listen to us who are pleading for our sick child. We thank God for the great gift of our son/daughter and ask Him to restore our child to health if such be His holy will. This favour, we beg of you through your love for all children and mothers.
Short Prayer for A Sick Child
Heavenly Father, watch over our child, and grant that he may be restored to that perfect health which it is yours alone to give; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Prayer For A Sick Child With Chronic Illness
Dear God, I pray for (child’s name) as he/she deals with this (specific illness) so often. I know You are the Master Healer and that You also provide times that are symptom-free for this dear little one. Please comfort and protect this dear child during this hard time. Help them to know that they can come to You for the peace and health that only You can provide. Please be with the doctors as they continually study to find medicines and treatments that will comfort those that suffer from chronic illnesses. I leave this in Your precious hands oh God my Father. Amen
See Also: 9 Powerful Healing Prayers for Cancer Patients
Prayer For A Sick Child With Threatening Illness
Lord I come to You today to present (child’s name) to You. This very deadly sickness that is upon him/her is very sad to all who know and love him/her. I know that in times like this his/her Mommy and Daddy are in despair. Please keep them strong in You so that they can be a comfort to this dear little child. Please keep (child’s name) from being scared of what is happening all around him/her. I ask Your mercy so that pain would be minimal or nonexistence. I love this small and fragile little child. Bestow Your grace and peace to them and all who love them. I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.
Prayer To Bring Healing To A Child
Lord, you love our child as You love all children, Bring healing to our child who is not well. Stay by his side and comfort him through this trying time. Keep us ever mindful of Your loving presence Bless us with Your powerful healing and comfort us also. Thank You for hearing our prayer!
See Also: 20 Short But Effective Prayers for Surgery
Before we go to sleep tonight, let’s offer a heartfelt prayer for a sick child somewhere out there.
♥ Connect with NurseBuff on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!
Jesus said “… Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 19:14 cf. Mark 10:14, 18:16) Children must have been pretty important for Jesus to be quoted in three out of the four gospels. Indeed they are important and to be entrusted with children on this planet is one of the greatest honors that God gives to parents. We love them, we teach them, we discipline them and sometimes we must also witness their illness. That is when we pray the most for the children. Perhaps you need some prayers or Scriptures for a sick child. Take a look at these.
Prayers for a Sick Child
A Minor Illness
“Dear Heavenly Father, I entrust this dear child toYou as he/she suffers from what seems to be a (sickness name). Lord, I know (child’s name) is uncomfortable as he/she tries to rest. I also know that rest is so important to get beyond this minor sickness and to avoid progression to something more serious. Please give him/her the rest that they need. Lord, I lift (child’s name) up to You and know that You will perform Your perfect will for his/her recovery. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen”
A Chronic Illness
“Dear God, I pray for (child’s name) as he/she deals with this (specific illness) so often. I know You are the Master Healer and that You also provide times that are symptom free for this dear little one. Please comfort and protect this dear child during this hard time. Help them to know that they can come to You for the peace and health that only You can provide. Please be with the doctors as they continually study to find medicines and treatments that will comfort those that suffer from chronic illnesses. I leave this in Your precious hands oh God my Father. Amen”
A Severe or Death Threatening Illness
“Lord I come to You today to present (child’s name) to You. This very deadly sickness that is upon him/her is very sad to all who know and love him/her. I know that in times like this his/her Mommy and Daddy are in despair. Please keep them strong in You so that they can be a comfort to this dear little child. Please keep (child’s name) from being scared of what is happening all around him/her. I ask Your mercy so that pain would be minimal or nonexistence. I love this small and fragile little child. Bestow Your grace and peace to them and all who love them. I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.”
Healing and Encouraging Scriptures
God is Still on the Throne
Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. (Psalms 73:23-26)
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s. (Psalms 103:2-5)
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. (Isaiah 41:10)
Meditate Upon What You Know as Truth
My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. (Proverbs 4:20-22)
As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed’s seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever. (Isaiah 59:21)
Even in the Valley
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones. (Proverbs 17:22)
Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise. (Jeremiah 17:14)
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21)
God has a Plan
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. (Jeremiah 29:11)
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. (John 14:1-3)
Even in the darkest of days our God is an awesome God and He will continue to bless us. Our life circumstances teach us and prepare us for times to come. I am reminded of this great passage, full of hope, from Paul:
Romans 5:3-5 “… but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.”
Have you read this related prayer article?
10 Prayers for Help in Times of Need
Resources – The Holy Bible, King James Version, YouTube “Our God is an Awesome God” performed by Michael W. Smith, Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos. net
Would you like to get the daily question in your FB messenger? Just click the button below to get started.
Share this post
: | | | |
Are you facing a difficult disease, illness or malady and want to cry out to God for healing but don’t know what to pray? If you feel scared, alone, unsure of the future, or don’t understand how healing works, pray these words below in faith today! Below are four prayers for healing, an interview with Max Lucado explaining how we should pray for healing, and some of our favorite Bible verses on healing.
God tells us that through prayer, He can speak to us and use us to work miracles for His glory. When you use this prayer for healing you are coming to God completely surrendered and expectant to let His Holy Spirit work in and through you. I pray that you will find miraculous healing as you seek God’s plan for your life – His plan to prosper you and to give you a hope and future!
Here are Four Prayers for Healing you can use today to speak life and hope into your situation.
A Prayer for Personal Healing
God, you know me so well. You created me. You know the number of hairs on my head, and you even know the thoughts conceived in my heart before I ever vocalize them. You’ve told us to come to you and ask for every need of life. You are Jehovah-Rapha, the God who heals, and you have the final word on my destiny, the number of years I’ll live and serve you on earth.
I’m coming to you today as your child, longing to hear from you and asking for your divine healing. There’s so much I don’t understand about life. But I do know that with one touch, one word, you can make me whole. Please forgive me of my sins, cleanse me of my unrighteousness, and begin your healing from the inside out.
I don’t always know what your will is Lord, especially in times like now, when I desperately seek your face. I offer you no promises, no bargains, no deals to exchange for my health. I simply bow my heart before you to tell you the desire of my heart: that I want to spend as many years as I can loving you here, loving others, and wanting to become more like you. However you choose to accomplish that is up to you—and okay with me. If you use doctors to provide healing, give them wisdom to know what to do. Regardless of how you accomplish it, the healing you give is always miraculous. And you deserve all the praise.
I absolutely believe you have the power to heal. You demonstrated that on earth, and you still heal in miraculous ways today. Even when my faith is weak, you say it is enough, and my love for you is strong. And I know you already hold my heart and life in your hands. It’s up to you. If I can bring you more glory through healing, then that’s what I ask for. That’s what I desire.
But if your answer is no, or not now, I know that your grace is sufficient for me. Ultimately, I want your will to be my will. I look forward to spending an eternity with you. But Lord, if you have planned still more for me to do here on this earth, I not only need and want your physical healing, Lord, but a thorough, deep-down cleansing and strengthening—a whole-hearted renewal of all that I am. Because all that I am is yours. Use this trial to strengthen me from a “what-if” faith to a “no-matter-what” faith. And no matter what, I choose to honor you and give you glory.
In Jesus’s name, Amen.
~ Rebecca Barlow Jordan
How to Pray for Healing – Max Lucado
A Short Prayer for Healing for Friends
Lord, your Word speaks promises of healing and restoration and I thank you for the miracles you still perform today. Today I claim those promises over my friend. I believe in the healing power of faith and prayer and I ask you to begin your mighty work in the life of my friend. Please reach down and surround my friend with supernatural peace and strength and give her the faith to believe that all things are possible for you. Protect her from Satan’s lies and discouragement and let her miraculous healing begin. Amen.
A Prayer for Healing and Grace
We confess our need for you today. We need your healing and your grace. We need hope restored. We need to be reminded that you work on behalf of those you love, constantly, powerfully, completely. Forgive us for trying to fix our situations all on our own. Forgive us for running all different directions and spinning our wheels to find help, when true help and healing must be found first in You. Forgive us for forgetting how much we need you, above everyone and everything else. We come to you and bring you the places we are hurting. You see where no one else is able to fully see or understand. You know the pain we’ve carried. The burdens. The cares. You know where we need to be set free. We ask for your healing and grace to cover every broken place. Every wound. Every heartache. Thank you that you are Able to do far more than we could ever imagine. Thank you for your Mighty Power that acts on behalf of your children. We reach out to you, and know that you are restoring and redeeming every place of difficulty, every battle, for your greater glory. Thank you that you will never waste our pain and suffering. We love you. We need you today.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen
~ Debbie McDaniel
A Prayer for Healing Sick Family and Friends
Lord Jesus, thank you that you love . I know that you hate what their illness is doing to them/me. I ask that you would heal this disease, that you would have compassion and bring healing from all sickness.
Your word says in Psalm 107:19-20 that when we call out to you the Eternal one you will give the order, heal and rescue us from certain death. In the Bible, I have read of miraculous healing and I believe that you still heal the same way today. I believe that there is no illness you cannot heal after all the bible tells of you raising people from the dead so I ask for your healing in this situation.
I also know from my experience of life on earth that not everyone is healed. If that happens here than keep my heart soft towards you, help me to understand your plan and help me to be excited about heaven.
God, I thank you that belongs to you and that you are in control of everything that happens from our first breath to our last sigh.
~ Wendy van Eyck
Read 11 More Prayers for Healing at Praywithme.com – Helpful guiding words for praying over physical, spiritual and emotional healing.
Healing Bible Verses
My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man’s whole body.
Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave. Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men.
Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.
He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
More Healing Scripture
What are you praying for healing over today? Join our large praying community in the comments below and experience the power, hope and healing that comes when you allow others to cover you in prayer.
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersShort PrayersThe Lord’s PrayerSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for Guidance
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer, read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.