Therefore, we see panikhidas and prayer at home for the dead are beneficial for them, as are good deeds done in their memory, such as alms or contributions to the church. But especially beneficial for them is commemoration at the Divine Liturgy. There have been many appearances of the dead and other occurrences which confirm how beneficial is the commemoration of the dead. Many who died in repentance, but who were unable to manifest this while they were alive, have been freed from tortures and have obtained repose.
How important commemoration at the Liturgy is may be seen in the following occurrence: Before the uncovering of the relics of St. Theodosius of Chernigov (1896), the priest-monk (the renowned Starets Alexis of Goloseyevsky Hermitage, of the Kiev-Caves Lavra, who died in 1916) who was conducting the re-vesting of the relics, becoming weary while sitting by the relics, dozed off and saw before him the Saint, who told him: “I thank you for laboring me. I beg you also, when you will serve the Liturgy, to commemorate my parents”—and be gave their names (Priest Nikita and Maria).** “How can you, O Saint, ask my prayers, when you yourself stand at the heavenly Throne and grant to people God’s mercy?” the priest-monk asked. “Yes, that is true,” replied St. Theodosius, “but the offering at the Liturgy is more powerful than my prayer.”
Therefore, we see panikhidas and prayer at home for the dead are beneficial for them, as are good deeds done in their memory, such as alms or contributions to the church. But especially beneficial for them is commemoration at the Divine Liturgy. There have been many appearances of the dead and other occurrences which confirm how beneficial is the commemoration of the dead. Many who died in repentance, but who were unable to manifest this while they were alive, have been freed from tortures and have obtained repose. In the Church, prayers are ever offered for the repose of the dead, and on the day of the Descent of the Holy Spirit, in the kneeling prayers at vespers, there is even a special petition “for those in hell.”
St. Gregory the Great, in answering in his Dialogues the question, “Is there anything at all that can possibly benefit souls after death?” teaches: “The Holy Sacrifice of Christ, our saving Victim, brings great benefits to souls even after death, provided their sins (are such as) can be pardoned in the life to come. For this reason the souls of the dead sometimes beg to have Liturgies offered for them … The safer course, naturally, is to do for ourselves during life what we hope others will do for us after death. It is better to make one’s exit a free man than to seek liberty after one is in chains. We should, therefore, despise this world with all our hearts as though its glory were already spent, and offer our sacrifice of tears to God each day as we immolate His sacred Flesh and Blood. This Sacrifice alone has the power of saving the soul from eternal death, for it presents to us mystically the death of the Only-begotten Son” (Dialogues IV: 57, 60, pp. 266, 272-3).
St. Gregory gives several examples of the dead appearing to the living and asking for or thanking them for the celebration of the Liturgy for their repose; once, also, a captive whom his wife believed dead and for whom she had the Liturgy celebrated on certain days, returned from captivity and told her how he had been released from his chains on some days—the very days when the Liturgy had been offered for him. (Dialogues IV: 57, 59, pp. 267, 270).
Protestant theologians find the Church’s prayer for the dead to be somehow incompatible with the necessity of finding salvation first of all in this life: “If you can be saved by the Church after death, then why bother to struggle or find faith in this Life? Let us eat, drink, and be merry…” Of course, no one holding such a philosophy has ever attained salvation by the Church’s prayers, and it is evident that such an argument is quite artificial and even hypocritical. The Church’s prayer cannot save anyone who does not wish salvation, or who never offered any struggle for it himself during his lifetime. In a sense, one might say that the prayer of the Church or of individual Christians for a dead person is but another result of that person’s life: he would not be prayed for unless he had done something during his lifetime to inspire such prayer after his death.
St. Mark of Ephesus also discusses this question of the Church’s prayer for the dead and the improvement it brings in their state, citing the example of the prayer of St. Gregory the Dialogist for the Roman Emperor Trajan—a prayer inspired by a good deed of this pagan Emperor.
**These names had been unknown before this vision. Several years after the canonization, St. Theodosius’ own Book of Commemoration was found in the monastery where he had once been Abbot, which confirmed these names and corroborated the vision. See the Life of Elder Alexis in Pravoslavny Blagovestnik, San Francisco, 1967, No. I (in Russian).
Excerpt from The Soul after Death by Fr. Seraphim Rose
Do you see a mistake in the text? Highlight it and click: Ctrl + Enter
Since you are here…
…we do have a small request. More and more people visit Orthodoxy and the World website. However, resources for editorial are scarce. In comparison to some mass media, we do not make paid subscription. It is our deepest belief that preaching Christ for money is wrong.
Having said that, Pravmir provides daily articles from an autonomous news service, weekly wall newspaper for churches, lectorium, photos, videos, hosting and servers. Editors and translators work together towards one goal: to make our four websites possible – Pravmir.ru, Neinvalid.ru, Matrony.ru and Pravmir.com. Therefore our request for help is understandable.
For example, 5 dollars a month is it a lot or little? A cup of coffee? It is not that much for a family budget, but it is a significant amount for Pravmir.
If everyone reading Pravmir could donate 5 dollars a month, they would contribute greatly to our ability to spread the word of Christ, Orthodoxy, life’s purpose, family and society.
Death is one of the harsh truth of world which no one can remove. Also, Death of mother is one of the most painful thing in this world. Use these Condolence Message On Death Of Mother to send or email to your friend or anyone who has recently loss Mom for his life.
Mother’s are the constant motivation and source of true love and motivation. Her love is selfless and pure. When she pass away that is the most depressing and painful moment. If you use these heartfelt condolence message on mother death. You can also use these sincere condolence message on death of friend’s mother.
Along with messages on condolences for mother you will also get Condolence Cards on mothers death.
Also see:- Sympathy Condolence Card Message
Top Condolence Message On Death Of Mother
- May the lord give you the strength to go through this hard situation. My Deepest condolence is with you in this loss of your Mom.
- Kindly accept my deepest condolence on the death of your mother. Our family is very fortunate to know her. She was an inspiration for all of us. She will always be missed in our memories. May God gift you comfort and strength at this hard time.
- I will never forget the pretty face of your mother. Her smile always brings a glow in our heart. May Lord give you all strength to bear this tough time.
- Please accept our sincere sympathy and condolence for the loss of your mother. She was an amazing lady to admire. She will always stay in our memories and Prayer.
- Your Mother was a lady with great ethics, she was an inspiration for all of us. She always motivates us to do something in our life. Please accept my heartfelt condolence on your death of Mothers.
- The news of your mother’s death just shook us. My sincere sympathies are with you and your family. We are always standing beside you for help and sharing your grief.
- We all pray for your serenity and comfort at this tough time of life. Just stay strong and remember that you will be in our memories and prayers.
- The news of your mother’s death, make me memories all the cherish and the wonderful time we all spent together with your lovely mother. Her blessings always give us the courage to stand in a hard time. She had left us but her blessings always give us the energy fight in tough time.
- Condolence Message On The Death Of Mother
- I am totally shocked by the new of your Mom passing. My heartfelt sympathies are with you and your family at this time of sorrow.
- Your mother death had created a big impact in all our lives. Accept our heartfelt condolence on your mother’s pass away.
- As well spent day bring nice sleep, Similarly a well spent life will let to happy memories. Your Mother will always stay in heart and memories. My condolences are with you.
- I am at loss of words and thought to express what we had lost from our life. Your Mom’s loss was our big loss for us too. May we soul rest in peace. Keep the strength and courage to face this your time.
- Your mother was a very cheerful, humor and joyful woman, who was always our role model in our life. We are very sorry for your mother’s loss. Our blessing is always with you to handle this difficult time.
Must Check :- My Deepest Sympathy Quotes
Sympathy Condolence Message On Death Of Mother In Law
Get condolence message on the death of mother in law too over here. She is also your mother who always love you selflessly.
- Your mother was an amazing lady, full of aspirations. Please know that we share your grief and sending you our sincere condolences to you and your family.
- The words cannot express the sorrow we are having after hearing the death of your mother. You are having a huge treasure of memories to cherish your lifetime.
- The loss you had can never express in words. I am totally speechless. Please Know I am here to share the grief. I can never imagine the feeling and pain your family is going through. I just want to say sorry, I love you.
- Words fall short to describe the sadness inside me after listening to the loss of your mother. Accept our sincere Condolences.
- The news of your mother’s passing has totally shaken us. Sending you our sincere condolences to you.
- Your mother was one the kindest hearted lady. She left us but her memories can never be forgotten. Her memories are blessings to us. Accept our deepest condolence to you and your family.
- The place of the wonderful lady can never be taken by anyone. Your mother is one of the most loving and caring women. She will always stay in our memories and heart. My Heartfelt sympathy is with you.
- Sending you our heartfelt and sincere condolence with the Sympathy message. This is the terrible shock for all of us. Your mother was a lovely man who always inspires us with his kind heart and love for everyone. Always remember that I am with you, never hesitate to ask for any kind of help.
- We have shared a lot of laughter, happiness, and enjoyment with your mother. We want to share your grief at this tough time. The sudden demise is really very painful for all of us. Please accept our condolence for your mother’s demise.
- At this time of sorrow, I just want to let your know that I am always with you to help you and your kids. I am so sorry for your loss.
- Your mother will always be missed. She was an energetic, dynamic, positive and outstanding lady. Accept our condolence on her pass away.
- Mother’s loss is always the most heartbreaking and depressing. We had not lost your mother, we had lost a great companion who always stood beside us with a helping hand.
Read More:- Condolence Message On Death of Father
Sincere Condolence Message For Friend Mother Death
Along with various type of Condolence Quotes and Cards here are friends mother death condolence message which you can send on whatsapp as well as you can email these condolence message on death of mother in English.
- You and your whole family are in our thoughts and prayer after listening to the loss of your mother. Sorry for that.
- May her love for us last for forever in our heart and memories. May you all find the peace and comfort with those lovely memories.
- May the sorrow soon lighten up your heart by the love and blessings surrounded you. My heartfelt condolences are with you on the death of your Mom.
- I am sorry that I am not able to attend the funeral of your mother. The news of your mother’s death was so sudden that I cannot take flight. I am trying to come as soon as possible to meet you and your children. Your mother was one of the kindest hearted women with lovely persona. She will always be missed. Accept my condolences for her pass away.
- I want to let you know that I am here to share your grief and my sympathies and support are with you at this time of sorrow. May the sadness and pain be removed with time soon.
- I hope wherever your mother is, she always stays happy and always sends her blessings for you. My sincere condolence is with you and your family.
- I am sure your mom must be watching you from heaven and always showering her love and blessings. You will again find in her next life.
- I pray to Lord that he will always with you at this Thought time. May god bless you and your whole family with strength. My sincere sympathy is always with you.
- Your mother was a perfect teacher. She had made your ethics very strong. She knew that you all will survive and live easily without her. Always keep her close to your heart and God will bless you all with peace and comfort.
- I can sense the pain your family is going through after your mother’s death. She was a role model for all of us for living such a wonderful and exciting life. She was one of the quick learners who always keen to learn new things. I know can easily take place of her, because you are a duplicate copy of her. My Condolences are always with you.
- Accept our sincere and heartfelt condolence message on the death of mother.
- I wish I could be with you at this time of grief. I am sending you my sympathy at this harsh period of time.
Heartfelt Mother Death Condolence Message
- Never feel alone at this hard time, I am always standing beside you. Your whole family is in my thoughts and prayers. Your mother’s love always protects you from this brutal world. Accept my Sincere Condolence.
- She was an unforgettable person with a beautiful smile. She was always filled with love and care. She will always stay in our hearts and mind although she had left us.
I always see a replica of you. My prayers are with you in this difficult time.
- Your mother was a wonderful lady with amazing ethics and personality. My heart starts aching for your whole family at this sorrow time. She will always be missed between us. My Heartfelt Condolences are with you.
- You are not showing us the pain going inside you. But, I know what hazels are going inside you. You are very strong that you are easily handling the entire situation going around you. You can cry to get relief from this pain; There is no rule of not crying. My shoulder is always available on which you can cry anytime. Please accept my condolence and my offer.
- Your mother had to bear the immense pain to give birth to you. Now it’s your challenge to bear the pain of losing her and moving on. She will be always with you in your memories and heart.
- Always stay strong and forget about everything else. God will take care of everything rest.
- Condolence Message For Death Of Mother
- May the Sweet memories of your mother give you relief from the tough time you are going through. Keep the strength to handle this entire tough situation. We are very sorry to hear your loss. Our prayer is always with you.
- You are like God who taught us from crawling to walking. She is the one who always keeps on inspiring us to do something great in life. So sorry to hear about the huge loss of your life. Always stand strong because you mother also want this.
- The death of someone is always very painful and only he can understand the pain he is going, though. We can only express the sympathy with words and support to stand beside them always.
- There is no woman like your mother. My heartfelt condolences are with you on your mothers passing away.
- May Lord give you strength to handle this hard time. Stay strong you have to spend the time without the presence of your mother.
- Just Stay Strong and left the rest to God. Lord will handle everything else.
- Your mother was an outstanding lady who had left us so early. My sincere condolences are with you.
- Please accept our heartfelt condolence for losing your mother. I am touched to recover from the pain but time will heal every sorrow and pain.
Deepest Condolence Message on Mother Death
- No matter wherever your mother is, she will always keep on watching you. He will always stay in our heart and memories for forever.
- A sunset had fallen on the life of a lovely lady who always inspires us with your humbleness. Her memories work as a sunrise in our life. May god bless you with peace and comfort.
- Your Mother was a lady who had inspired everyone around her. She was always filled with courage and joy. When we are with her we can feel the positivity around us. Kindly accept our sincere condolence on the loss of your mother.
- My blessing and love are always with you. May God give you peace and comfort on this Day of Struggle.
- Mother’s are an important part of our life. Our whole family are with you at this difficult time and sharing your grief. My prayers are with your whole family.
- Although your Mother’s physical presence has ended today. But, God has given her a duty to watch all of us. She will always shower her love and blessing on us.
- Mothers keep us alive when we are cute little things, so it’s our duty to keep her alive in our heart and memories after her death.
- Friends Mother Death Condolence Message
- She teaches us, she love us, she feed us, she gives her time, she nurture us. But when she left us, she makes us so capable of standing alone in this hard time.
- May god bring you peace and silence at this time of grief. Your grief is shared by all of us. Your mother will always be missed. May god bless the wonderful family with comfort and happiness again.
- I am sorry for your mother’s death, sending you deepest condolences for your whole family. You mother is always staying in our memories and heart. May her soul rest in peace! Stay Strong!
- Kindly accept our sincere Condolence for losing your beloved Mother. I am here to share your grief, you are not alone.
- Your mother has influenced so many lives to a great extent and filled them with happiness and joy. Always remember that I am always with you.
- I know how special your mother was for you. You always keep on talking about her. I can feel, In how much pain you are. Just stay strong and accept my heartfelt condolences.
- Your mother was my best friend. It was an honor to call her my best friend. Please accept my deepest condolence.
Buy beautiful flowers with fast delivery
I am sure you must have find the best condolence Messages on Death of mother. Please share these so that others can also use these resources.
Condolence Message On Death Of Mother
Save 25% on cremation urns today
Sympathy Messages for Loss of Mother
Sympathy Card Messages for the Death of a Mom
The loss of a mother is a great loss. Moms are special people. Finding the right words of sympathy to comfort someone who lost his/her mom can be difficult. Most people will lose their mom some time during their lifetime. The following messages can be used in your card when you don’t know what to write, but you can edit these to fit the situation.
- Moms stay in a very special part of our hearts even after they pass. I am deeply sorry to hear of your loss.
- I am sorry you had to lose someone so important and special in your life. I’ll be praying for you and the rest of your family.
- From what I have heard you talk about your mother, it sounds like she was a great woman. She did an excellent job raising you. I am sorry for your loss.
- No one can replace your mom, but God can comfort your heart. He knows what you need during this time much better than anyone else.
- The heart that your mother had for others is a rare gift to the many people who had the privilege to know her and be blessed by her. Please accept my condolences.
- There’s a special place in all of our hearts for our mothers, just like there’s a special place in every mother’s heart for her children. You must continue to carry her memory in that special place in your heart. I am sincerely sorry for the loss of your mother.
- Please accept my condolences for the loss of your mother. From what I heard, she was a great woman to be admired. I’ll be thinking about you in the coming days and saying a prayer for you now and then.
- I’m sorry for the loss of you mother. It only makes sense for me to do what you mother would have done in this situation if it were someone she knew. I’ll pray for you, call you soon, and bring some soup in the coming week.
- To lose your mom is to lose a very close and loyal friend who has known and loved you your entire life.
- God gives us the gift of mothers to provide us nurturing, comfort, and support. God can still provide that for you now, but he’ll have to do it in a different way. I’ll be praying for you to have comfort and support from God.
- It takes a special person to be a good mom, but it takes an even more special person to be the mom of a great child. You are proof of your mother’s great character.
- The loss of a mother creates a void that cannot be filled by anyone. Since mothers a God-given, I’ll pray for Him to give you what you need at this time.
- Moms provide their children with so much while they are growing up including a place to call home. Now your mom as been called to her home. I hope you are comforted by the promise to be with your mom in her new home when the time comes for you to join her in the sweet by and by.
- As I hear of your loss, I’m reminded to be grateful for the time I have had with my own mother in this life. Our mothers have been such a blessing in our lives, and they will continue to bless us even now and in the future.
- Children and grandchildren continue the legacy their mothers begin. Your mother has built a strong legacy that I know will continue on.
- Mothers are guardian angels, teachers, and best friends who we are blessed with for a time with their valuable time.
- Death holds no power over love, especially the love of a mother. For this reason, we can never completely lose our mothers.
- I know your mother had great faith, something that made her a strong woman. May you find comfort in your knowledge that you will be reunited with her.
- There are some things we can’t control in life otherwise the world would be full of billions of sweet mothers like your mom.
- I appreciate your mom for who you are. She gets credit for producing you and influencing you. She’ll live on through you.
- There’s a reason mothers are a requirement for babies. I wish we could keep them for our entire lives though.
- Time is no match for the forever connection that mothers have with their children.
- Mothers can never be replaced, and most of us don’t get to keep them for our entire lives. I hope your memories of her bring you comfort. She was an amazing person.
- Your mom impressed me in many ways. I feel inspired by her life and aspire to be more like her.
- Your mom lived a dynamic and meaningful life. One of her best accomplishments was you.
- As a friend of your mom’s, I know what a special lady she was. I am sorry for your loss. I’ll miss her.
- The legacy your mom left for you to continue is a blessing not just to you but also the people she and you have come in contact with over the years.
- I was encouraged by your mom to do my best and I will be eternally grateful for the opportunity to have known her. She will remain in my memories as she was, a beautiful, strong, and smart woman.
- Not everyone gets to say that they had one of the best mothers in the whole world. In your case, I think that would be true if you said it.
- Three words come to mind when I think of your mom: warm, caring, and wise.
- Moms live forever in the hearts of their children. I wish you the best and am praying for you.
- I was glad to meet your mom. I see how her influence shaped the person you are today. She will continue to live through some of the good qualities you possess.
- I didn’t get to meet your mom. Based on what I know about you, she must have been done something right. I am sorry for the loss you’re experiencing.
Quotes for Loss of Mom
Quotes can be an appropriate way to express condolences. These are especially appropriate quotes for the loss of a mother.
- “A mom’s hug lasts long after she lets go.” -Unknown
- “Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality.” -Emily Dickinson
- “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” -Unknown
- “Time is the only comforter for the loss of a mother.” -Jane Welsh Carlyle
- “Wherever a beautiful soul has been there is a trail of beautiful memories.” -Unknown
- “A mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary.” -Dorothy Canfield Fisher