Welcome to our collection of anniversary prayers and prayer request.
Nothing is more beautiful thank celebrating the continued success of a happy marriage. Bring God into the celebration with these beautiful prayers.
Lord, we thank you for this couple and for all of the years that
they have had together. Today, as we celebrate their anniversary,
our prayer is that you will continue to bless them.
Let their testimony of love and forgiveness be a help to other couples
as they start on their own journeys into married life. Lord, we pray that
You will honor their commitment to each other and to You by granting them
many more years of happiness together.
Protect This Relationship, Lord
Keep us, 0 Lord, from pettiness. Let us be thoughtful in word and deed.
Help us to put away pretense, and face each other in deep trust without
fear or self-pity. Help us to guard against faultfinding, and be quick to
discover the best in each other and in every situation.
Guard us from ill temper and hasty judgment; encourage us to take time for
all things, to grow calm, serene and gentle. Help us to be generous with
kind words and compliments. Teach us never to ignore, never to hurt, and
never to take each other for granted. Engrave charity and compassion on our hearts.
Please, pray for us.
Bless This Couple
Your Word tells us that when a man finds a wife that he has found a good thing.
You also make it clear in Your Word how important and sacred marriage is in Your eyes.
Lord, we pray that You will bless this couple with the grace, forgiveness and love that
is needed for a continued happy marriage.
We know it takes work, God, but we also know that if You’re in the midst
of the marriage that it will succeed. Let Your blessings be on this couple in
From the scriptures…
“Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.”
Read more bible verses about Love and Marriage.
Return to Anniversary Prayers
Death is universal. But, its recognition is unique in relation to individual to individual. However hard we may take a stab at keeping away from death, it’s critical to peruse about it. The more we read about death, the better will be our comprehension of our life. Here are some death anniversary quotes to help you work through the tough times.
To fear death, my friends, is only to think ourselves wise, without being wise: for it is to think that we know what we do not know. For anything that men can tell, death may be the greatest good that can happen to them: but they fear it as if they knew quite well that it was the greatest of evils. And what is this but that shameful ignorance of thinking that we know what we do not know? Socrates (BC 469-BC 399) Greek philosopher of Athens
All that live must die, passing through nature to eternity. William Shakespeare (1564-1616) British poet and playwright.
When a great man dies, for years the light he leaves behind him, lies on the paths of men. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882) U.S. poet.
Those who have lived a good life do not fear death, but meet it calmly, and even long for it in the face of great suffering. But those who do not have a peaceful conscience, dread death as though life means nothing but physical torment. The challenge is to live our life so that we will be prepared for death when it comes. Unknown Source
The hour of departure has arrived and we go our ways; I to die, and you to live. Which is better? Only God knows. Socrates (BC 469-BC 399) Greek philosopher of Athens
Death Anniversary Message
To use death anniversary quotes in times of sorrow is a solid approach to work through the grief and loss of a friend or family member.
Every man must do two things alone; he must do his own believing and his own dying. Martin Luther (1483-1546) German priest and scholar.
For the sword outwears its sheath, and the soul wears out the breast. And the heart must pause to breathe, and love itself have rest. Lord Byron (1788-1824) British poet.
If a man hasn’t discovered something that he will die for, he isn’t fit to live. Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968) American black leader.
The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living. Marcus Tulius Cicero (106-43 BC) Writer, politician and great roman orator.
Death is the wish of some, the relief of many, and the end of all.
Know one knows whether death, which people fear to be the greatest evil, may not be the greatest good. Plato (BC 427-BC 347) Greek philosopher.
Our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them. George Eliot (1819-1880) British writer.
Thank Heaven! the crisis –The danger, is past, and the lingering illness, is over at last –, and the fever called ”Living” is conquered at last. Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1845) American poet, critic, and short-story writer.
Good men must die, but death cannot kill their names. Proverb
Those to whom we say farewell, are welcomed by others. Unknown Source
Death Anniversary Prayers
Some extraordinary death anniversary quotes and some death anniversary prayers to enable you to work through the grieving process.
Die when I may, I want it said of me by those who knew me best, that I always plucked a thistle and planted a flower where I thought a flower would grow. Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865) Politician. President of the United States.
Death is the liberator of him whom freedom cannot release, the physician of him whom medicine cannot cure, and the comforter of him whom time cannot console. Charles Caleb Colton (1780-1832) British clergyman, sportsman and author.
I am ready to meet my maker, but whether my maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter. Winston Churchill (1874-1965) British politician.
He has out soared the shadow of our night; envy and calumny and hate and pain, and that unrest which men miscall delight, can touch him not and torture not again; from the contagion of the world’s slow stain, he is secure. Percy Bysshe Shelley (1792-1822) English poet.
When it comes to my own turn to lay my weapons down, I shall do so with thankfulness and fatigue, and whatever be my destiny afterward, I shall be glad to lie down with my fathers in honor. It is human at least, if not divine. Robert Louis Stevenson (1850-1895) Scottish essayist, poet and novelist
Sadly missed along life’s way, quietly remembered every day…No longer in our life to share, but in our hearts, you’re always there.
May knowing you’re in the hearts and thoughts of others help you and yours through this time of sorrow.
Death Anniversary Messages
Some death anniversary messages can and do help loads of individuals travel through the grieving procedure, particularly in the event that they’re joined with loss and grief.
- Although no words can really help to ease the loss you bear, just know that you are very close in every thought and prayer.
- The sorrow of the faithful is not that of permanent loss,but the tender sense of sadness that comes in saying good-bye for now to someone we love. May today’s sorrow give way to the peace and comfort of God’s love.
- Extending deepest sympathy for you in your loss. And hoping, too, that comfort and peace may come to you.
- Praying for friends to comfort you, faith to uphold you, and loving memories to help you smile again.
- Words, however kind, can’t mend your heartache. but those who care and share your loss wish you comfort and peace of mind.
- May you find strength in the love of family and in the warm embrace of friends.
Death Anniversary Sayings
Below are listed an entire collection of death anniversary sayings and thoughts that you can use with inspirational grieving quotes.
Whoever you hold in the heart of you Is forever and always a part of you.
To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.~ Thomas Campbell, ‘Hallowed Ground’
Life is eternal, and love is immortal,and death is only a horizon;and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.~ Rossiter Worthington Raymond
While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil. ~John Taylor
Although it’s difficult today to see beyond the sorrow,May looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow.~ Author Unknown
For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity. ~ William Penn
The angels are always near to those who are grieving, to whisper to them that their loved ones are safe in the hand of God. ~ Quoted in The Angels’ Little Instruction Book by Eileen Elias Freeman, 1994
They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it. Death cannot kill what never dies. William Penn
To live in the hearts of those we love is never to die. Thomas Campbell
The life of the dead is placed in the heart of the living. Cicero
Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us every day, unseen, unheard, but always near, still loved, still missed and very dear.
Death Anniversary Poems
- May you see God’s light on the path ahead when the road you walk is dark. May you always hear, even in your hour of sorrow, the gentle singing of the lark. When times are hard may hardness never turn your heart to stone, may you always remember when the shadows fall—You do not walk alone. ~ Irish Blessing
- The tide recedes but leaves behind bright seashells on the sand. The sun goes down, but gentle warmth still lingers on the land.The music stops, and yet it echoes on in sweet refrains…..For every joy that passes,something beautiful remains.
- What moves through us is a silence, a quiet sadness, a longing for one more day, one more word, one more touch, we may not understand why you left this earth so soon, or why you left before we were ready to say good-bye, but little by little, we begin to remember not just that you died, but that you lived. And that your life gave us memories too beautiful to forget.
- It will be the little things that you will remember, the quiet moments, the smiles, the laughter. And although it may seem hard right now, it will be the memories of these little things that help to push away the pain and bring the smiles back again.
Death Anniversary Prayer
- At this time of sorrow, may these truths sustain you…Your loved one will always be as close as a memory, and the God of all comfort will always be as close as a prayer. May these truths sustain you… Your loved one will always be as close as a memory and the God of all comfort will always be as close as a prayer.
- Although it’s difficult today to see beyond the sorrow, may looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow.
- The saddest moment is when the person who gave you the best memories, becomes a memory.
- To live in the hearts of those we love is never to die.
- Death is no more than passing from one room into another.
- A grave is braced not just by a tombstone but by angels as well.
- There is no death. Only a change of worlds.
- Death was Nature’s way of telling you to slow down.
- You never stop loving someone,you just learn to live without them…
- Remembering you is easy I do it every day. Missing you is heartache that never goes away.
Check The Latest Updates On:
A writer by day and a reader by night. Daniyal’s educational background includes a BS degree in Computer Sciences and a diploma in IT. He’s a fun guy, a gamer, an ex-footballer and a cool researcher.
God who calls us to be the church in this place and time, we come together to celebrate Your presence among us. In this hour, as we sing and pray and listen, may you awaken in us a hope for the future. May our time together remind us why the church is needed in the world. Amen.Offering Prayer
Gift giving God, for 55 years we have gathered in this place to share what we are and have. Help us continue this sharing of our time, talent, and treasure. May the gifts we give be gifts of Love. May they increase the power of Love in the re-creation of the world. Amen.
COMMISSIONING AND BENEDICTIONWe go back out into the world to love and serve the world around us,
just as we have done for 55 years, so we continue to do so.We go out held in the loving arms of God who Creates, Redeems, Supports, and Sustains us.
We are not alone! Thanks be to God. Amen.