DOWNLOAD THIS GAME IN PDF FORM FOR FREE
Overview: To parallel tossing our prayers up to God like we toss a ball or a piece of paper.
- 5 small nerf balls or pieces of paper per group
- 2 clean trash cans or large buckets
Preparation: Crumble 10 pieces of paper if no nerf balls are available
Time Involved: 10-15 minutes
Game Description: Break up the larger group into boys and girls. Line the two groups up with the trash can or large buckets approximately 20 feet away. Have the students compete to see which group can successfully make 5 baskets before the other group. The group who makes 5 baskets first wins gender bragging rights for the day.
Bible Verse Emphasis: Matthew 6: 5-6 (MSG)
“And when you come before God, don’t turn that into a theatrical production either. All these people making a regular show out of their prayers, hoping for stardom! Do you think God sits in a box seat? “Here’s what I want you to do: Find a quiet, secluded place so you won’t be tempted to role-play before God. Just be there as simply and honestly as you can manage. The focus will shift from you to God, and you will begin to sense his grace.
Goal: For the students to realize they don’t have to have the right words or the right style to pray. To talk to God like they would a friend instead of tossing up a prayer, hoping to “make a basket”.
Discussion Questions (in small groups)
- Go around say your name, your school, and your favorite sport or hobby.
- Do they ever find it difficult to pray? Why or why not?
- Have they ever found themselves just throwing a prayer up to God? Why?
- What do you think prayer accomplishes?
- Go around and say something you need prayer for. Then have someone pray for those request.
DOWNLOAD THIS GAME IN PDF FORM FOR FREE
Liked this game? View this Youth Group Lesson on Prayer
1. God of Elijah, God of our fathers. We declare that the Spirit You are pouring out on the youth of America is stronger than any rebellion and will work to turn the nation back to God. (Luke 1:17)
2. God, it is time! Raise up the sons and daughters of destiny to contend for the cultural keys of our nation. (Isaiah 22:22)
3. Jesus, You are the great freedom fighter. We declare You will arise and contend against the enemies of our children and You will save them. We declare freedom from rebellion, freedom from sexual addiction, freedom from drugs and the occult. We declare a great spiritual jail break for the youth of America. (Isaiah 49:25)
4. Father to the fatherless. We declare that You are pouring out your father’s heart and You will raise up a fathering, mothering movement in America that will raise kids from the dead and set them into double-portion destiny. (1 Kings 19:15-16)
5. You, whose eyes are ablaze with fire, we declare You will pour out Your jealous bridal love on a generation that will then cry out, “No Toleration!” to sexual immorality and idolatry. (Revelation 2:20)
6. God of revival, pour out the promised rain of Your spirit on our sons and daughters. May they see dreams and visions and prophecy. (Joel 2:28)
7. Great Shepherd, we declare that You will teach the youth of America your ways and the fear of the Lord. We declare healing and deliverance shall break out over the land and the shalom of heaven will fill our youth. (Isaiah 54:13)
8. We pray for a youth revival in which great conviction of sin and Holy cleansing takes place. (1 John 1:7)
9. We declare that a great new music and worship will arise that will be filled with truth and passion. We declare hearts, stadiums and the whole earth will be filled with that sound. (John 4:23, 24)
10. Great Martyr of the church, we declare that even as You laid down Your life for us, the young soldiers of the cross will carry the gospel of Jesus Christ to the Muslim world. (Revelation 12:11)
11. God of salvation, raise up youth that will not be ashamed of the Gospel. Let the power of the gospel blaze across out land. We call forth a great Jesus movement. (Romans 1:16)
12. Lord of the harvest, we proclaim You will thrust laborers into every cultural sphere of the harvest; the schools, the mission fields, Hollywood, politics, the streets and the inner cities. (Matthew 9:37)
13. Jesus, You were about Your father’s business at age 12. We declare your spirit of obedience will be mightily upon the young. They will not waste their teenage years, but tithe them to the Lord. (Luke 2:49)
14. God of Justice and power, raise up anointed ones that will lead the way for justice. Raise up evangelists filled with the power of the spirit—doing miracles and healing the sick. (Luke 4:19-19; Isaiah 61:1-2)
15. God for all peoples, raise up a generation who will proclaim Your gospel to every people group in the earth. Release an end-times student-volunteer missions movement. (Matthew 24:14)
16. O Lord, that an end-time church without spot or wrinkle will arise. Let their cry for the Bridegroom erupt and thunder all over the earth, “Come quickly, Lord Jesus!” (Revelation 22:17)
17. Jesus, the one anointed with the oil of joy, raise up young men and women who, although brought up in a culture of murmuring and disrespect, will be filled with joy, thankfulness, and strength of character. May they be the radiant ones known as the offspring of the Lord in a depraved and crooked generation. (Philippians 2:14-15)
18. God of our fathers, we declare a generation will arise who will live in the great shadow of history, who will receive the blessing of the accumulated prayers of the saints past, and who will take the baton with unhindered obedience and hasten the return of the Lord. (Hebrews 12:1)
19. Father of all life, You have dreamed a unique dream for every life. We cry out, “No more abortion! No more destroyed destinies! No cloned destinies!” (Psalms 139:14-16)
20. God of the church, we declare this young generation will know the love of God in such a way that they will break through religious and racial barriers, reject territoriality, spiritual pride and selfish ambition, so that the unity Jesus prayed for will be seen. (John 17:23)
21. May the scriptures be honored, loved and obeyed again in the youth of America. God, we cry for a recovery of the “absolutes” of Your word in our land. (John 3:16)
22. Jesus, lover of our souls, burn Your passions in the heart of the youth of America. Seal their affections. Let Your flame of love break unclean addictions of the human heart. (Song of Songs 8:6)
23. We declare that You Father of all fatherhood will release a fathering discipling movement that will bring a fatherless generation into the deep security of sonship and daughtership in God. (2 Timothy 2:2)
24. We declare that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ will explode in the youth of America a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the true knowledge of God. (Ephesians 1:17)
25. King of Kings and Lord of Lords, we declare You will raise up a massive young praying army across America that will pray and fast for our governmental leaders and shape the destiny of our nation. (1 Timothy 2:2)
26. “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth”…in six days. You, O God, are the Creator. We declare that our children shall know You as the Creator and the day will come when they shall be taught of You even in the public places of America. (Genesis 1:1)
27. You wrote a book of all our days before we were even born. How awesome You are, Father. You have dreamed a dream for every child and written a novel of his/her days. We declare the youth of our nation will fulfill the dreamed destiny…and the curse of abortion over them and our nation will be broken. (Psalms 139:16)
28. We declare these teenagers in the Babylon of today will turn and take a stand for truth and holiness and will not compromise. (Daniel 1:8)
29. There is a generation that is marked by spiritual violence, by extreme passion, sacrifice and devotion. We pray this generation will seize the moment and turn nations back to God. (Matthew 11:12)
30. We declare this is a generation who will wrestle with You in the midst of darkness and will not give up or give in until they see You face to face and you bless them. (Psalms 24:6)
31. We declare those shadowed by a spirit of death, but desperately wanting true life will find it in the Father’s love. Bring forth the prayer anointing of Elisha and breathe life into the souls of the youth of this nation. Redeem what the enemy has stolen. Do it Lord, for your Holy Name’s sake! (II Kings 4:32-34) “The Lord gave the word; great was the company of those who proclaimed it…” –Psalms 68:11
Print This Post