30 empowering prayer point for spiritual growth and power by the Founder of Mountain of Fire and Miracle by Dr Daniel Olukoya.
1. I am not what the world thinks or says I am. I am not what the devil or the kingdom of darkness says, imagines or has designed me to be.
2. No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper.
3. I am not a picture of what the national economy and institutionalised wickedness has restructured the people to be.
4. I am what the Word of God says I am.
5. I am an express image of Jehovah God on earth.
6. I am fashioned after the likeness of the Creator of the heaven and earth.
7. I am regenerated by the blood of Jesus.
8. I am ransomed from the powers of death and hell.
9. I am blood washed.
10. I am redeemed.
11. I am justified by Christ.
12. I am made to be the righteousness of God through Christ.
13. I am a believer of the Word of Truth.
14. I am born again.
15. I am heaven-bound; my citizenship is in heaven.
16. I am seated with Christ in heavenly places far above principality and powers.
17. I am a priest and a king ordained by Christ to rule here on earth.
18. The Bible says because I believe and receive Jesus Christ, power has been given to me to become a son of God, and I am empowered to trample upon serpents and scorpions and all the powers of the enemy.
19. I am empowered to use the name of Jesus to cast out demons and heal the sick.
20. I am empowered to bind, to loose and to decree things and the Bible says wherever my voice is heard no one can ask me why.
21. I am full of love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.
Because the grace of God is upon my life as the light of His glory, I am full of divine favour; I am a partaker of all heaven’s spiritual blessings.
22. I am an overcomer; the Bible says whosoever is born of God overcomes the world, and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even my faith.
23. In faith I overcome ungodly worry, anxiety, heaviness of spirit, sorrow, depression, lust of the eyes and lust of the flesh.
24. In faith I have overcome all the tricks of the devil, for it is written, greater is Jesus Christ that dwells in me than the devil that is in the world.
25. In righteousness I am established; I am far from oppression, for I shall not fear and from terror for it shall not come near me.
26. The Lord shall cover me with His feathers, because I have made Him my dwelling place.
27. Evil shall not befall me; I shall tread upon the Lion and the Cobra and surely the Lord will always deliver me from the snare of the fowlers. God has made me a beneficiary of divine health through the stripes that were laid on Jesus Christ.
28. Through Jesus Christ I have access to the throne grace of God, to find peace with God.
29. I have prosperity for God will no longer withhold any good thing from me.
30. I ask that the word of God I have confessed begin to transform me to the original image God designed me to be in His book.
John 3:30. For all believers who desire meaningful spiritual growth in their walk with God. There is no height you cannot attain in the spirit if only you are ready to take the bull by the horn; do away with every form of hindrance and follow the principles of spiritual growth laid down in God’s word. Hebrews 5:12: “For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk and not of strong meat.” Jesus expects each believer to grow to the level where he can teach others. In many of the Epistles, the believer is encouraged to grow in grace and in the knowledge of Christ (2 Peter 3:18). When a believer refuses to grow, he remains a spiritual babe who is unskillful in the WORD. Such baby Christians need milk and not strong meat. When we as believers, begin to apply the truth we know in our lives, we will begin to grow and our knowledge of Christ will also increase. Paul encourages the believer to be “rooted and built up in Him” (Col. 2:7). As believers, we draw our nutrients from Him, i.e. Jesus Christ. As you pray these prayer points for spiritual growth, the Holy Spirit will draw you into a deeper and fulfilling relationship with Christ.
Scriptures for meditation: Phil. 3:10,14:
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; . . . I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Confessions: Make these confessions to establish your identity in Christ Jesus
- I am not what the world thinks or says I am. I am not what the devil or the kingdom of darkness says, imagines or has designed me to be.
- I am not the picture of what my idolaterous forefathers wished I should be.
- I am not what the unregenerate mind of any friend thinks I am.
- I am not what my father and mother think or want me to be.
- I am not what my village wickedness, household wickedness and environmental wickedness want me to be.
- I am not a picture of what the national economy and institutionalised wickedness has restructured the people to be.
- I am not what I think I am.
- I am what the Word of God says I am.
- I am an express image of Jehovah God on earth.
- I am fashioned after the likeness of the Creator of the heaven and earth.
- I am regenerated by the blood of Jesus.
- I am ransomed from the powers of death and hell.
- I am blood washed.
- I am redeemed.
- I am justified by Christ.
- I am made to be the righteousness of God through Christ.
- I am a believer of the Word of Truth.
- I am born again.
- I am heaven-bound; my citizenship is in heaven.
- I am seated with Christ in heavenly places far above principality and powers.
- I am a priest and a king ordained by Christ to rule here on earth.
- I am the fear and the dread of God against the kingdom of darkness.
- I am a dwelling place of the Holy Spirit of God.
- I am built up together and attached with other children of God into a holy habitation of God. The word of God says, I am a royal priesthood, I am a holy nation, I am a chosen generation, and a peculiar person to the nation.
- I am special in the sight of God.
- The Bible says because I believe and receive Jesus Christ, power has been given to me to become a son of God, and I am empowered to trample upon serpents and scorpions and all the powers of the enemy.
- I am empowered to use the name of Jesus to cast out demons and heal the sick.
- I am empowered to bind, to loose and to decree things and the Bible says wherever my voice is heard no one can ask me why.
- I do these things for my voice is the voice of a king that is full of authority.
- I am commanded and empowered by my God to subdue and to exercise dominion. For I am made a little lower than the angels and God has crowned me with glory and honour and has also made me to have dominion over all the works of His hands.
- The devil that was against my authority as a God’s representative on earth has been destroyed by Christ and once again; the keys of the kingdom of heaven are given to me and because I am a member of the body of Christ, which is the Church, the gates of hell cannot prevail against me.
- I am a branch in the vine; Jesus Christ is the true vine because I abide in Him.
- I am full of the fruit of the Spirit.
- I am full of love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.
- Because the grace of God is upon my life as the light of His glory, I am full of divine favour; I am a partaker of all heaven’s spiritual blessings.
- I am an overcomer; the Bible says whosoever is born of God overcomes the world, and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even my faith.
- In faith I overcome ungodly worry, anxiety, heaviness of spirit, sorrow, depression, lust of the eyes and lust of the flesh.
- In faith I have overcome all the tricks of the devil, for it is written, greater is Jesus Christ that dwells in me than the devil that is in the world.
- No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper.
- In righteousness I am established; I am far from oppression, for I shall not fear and from terror for it shall not come near me.
- The Lord shall cover me with His feathers, because I have made Him my dwelling place.
- Evil shall not befall me; I shall tread upon the Lion and the Cobra and surely the Lord will always deliver me from the snare of the fowlers. God has made me a beneficiary of divine health through the stripes that were laid on Jesus Christ.
- Through Jesus Christ I have right standing with God.
- Through Jesus Christ I have access to the throne grace of God, to find peace with God.
- I have prosperity for God will no longer withhold any good thing from me.
- I have spoken with the tongue of the learned and as it is written, I shall be justified by the words of my mouth.
- I ask that the word of God I have confessed begin to transform me to the original image God designed me to be in His book.
- I ask that the blood of Jesus wipe away every mark of reproach whether physical or spiritual.
- I ask for the blood of Jesus to erase every evil and negative name I was ever called.
- I nullify every negative report ever made about me.
- I cease to be a picture of failure. I cease to be abased, rejected, forsaken, desolate and downcast.
- I begin to manifest expressly every good thing God has written about me in book.
- I begin to look fearfully and wonderfully made.
- I begin to operate at the head and not the tail. I begin to be a true worshiper of Jehovah El shaddai and I begin from now to continually praise Him and confess positively.
Originally published 16th December 2015; last updated 27th June, 2017.
Now available for download! Get this article as a PDF for your personal use, or to share with a group.
“Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples”.
This was the famous request of the disciples to the Lord Jesus Christ one day as He came down from the mountainside and settled down with them.
They recognized then what every Christian should know now, which is this:
Knowing how to pray is only one of the things you should know, though.
It is equally important to know what to pray about. That has as much bearing on the results as knowing how to pray, because what you pray for speaks to your motives and whether God would answer them or not.
Every Christian should strive to have a personal prayer life. Praying on your own and by yourself is probably more difficult than corporate prayer, which is in church or a group with other people beside yourself.
Yet it is the kind of prayer that makes for the best fellowship, more intimacy and deeper communication with God. Private prayer is irreplaceable in the life of the Christian.
Here are 10 prayer topics that every serious Christian should use in their private prayer and persist in until they see the results in their own lives.
- 1 1. Pray that God will help you to continually walk in love
- 2 2. Pray that God will help you to walk by faith in His Word
- 3 3. Ask God to give you more and more grace
- 4 4. Ask God to grant you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in God’s Word
- 5 5. Pray that you will constantly experience the fellowship of the Holy Spirit
- 6 6. Pray that God will give you compassion for the lost and the unsaved world
- 7 7. Ask God to help your deepen your commitment to His work in your local church
- 8 8 . Pray for a better understanding of God’s will and divine purpose for your life
- 9 9. Ask God to strengthen your heart and help you to remain faithful when challenges arise
- 10 10. Pray that you will understand the personal authority given to you as a believer in Christ Jesus
1. Pray that God will help you to continually walk in love
Love is the fulfilling of God’s law in the New Testament. It is the supreme principle of life in the Kingdom of God. Every Christian is required and expected to make love their lifestyle and walk in love always.
Your maturity in God is determined by how much of God’s love is in you, and how much of it you walk in towards others. It demonstrates that you have been filled with the fullness of God. (ref Eph. 3:19-20)
As you grow in love, you are becoming fuller with the presence of God and your appreciation of God, others and your purpose in Christ change greatly. You become more like Christ as you walk in love.
I dare say this should be first among your prayer topics. True love gives of itself, and is not mere words, but actions – decisive actions that put others ahead of yourself.
A very compelling description of love and its divine attributes is found in 1 Corinthians 13.
Love is patient, love is kind.
Love does not envy,
is not boastful, is not conceited,
does not act improperly,
is not selfish, is not provoked,
and does not keep a record of wrongs.
Love finds no joy in unrighteousness
but rejoices in the truth.
It bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never ends.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8, HCSB
Make it your daily commitment to pray for God’s grace to walk in this kind of love.
2. Pray that God will help you to walk by faith in His Word
There are very few things that are impossible according to the Word of God. The Bible does say it is impossible to please God without faith.
So it’s important for a child of God, not only to learn the message of faith in God, but also to make it a part of your daily life.
Faith is the beginning of the Christian life. One becomes a Christian, or a believer, well, by believing – believing in Jesus Christ and what He did for humanity on the cross of Calvary. That faith in the gospel is what brings a person to a new life in Christ Jesus.
Faith in God will help you walk closely with the Lord and do what God says always. It is that quality of building your life around what God says, and living by His principles, expectations and standards. It is what brings you to the enjoyment of all that God has done for you in Christ Jesus.
Faith is a necessary requirement to walk with a God whom you cannot see with your natural eyes. The disciples asked Jesus to increase their faith, to which Jesus explained that what was most important is your ability to live by the faith you have.
Asking God to help you trust Him and walk by faith in Him is one of the greatest prayers you can pray to improve your life and guide your spiritual development.
3. Ask God to give you more and more grace
Grace is the beauty of God on the life of a man. One of the commonest definitions of grace is that it is unmerited favour. We find that grace of God expressed on many levels in many ways.
The first manifestation of the grace of God, is the one that made possible a way of salvation for fallen man. The Bible shows that God’s grace that brings salvation, is what brought Jesus in to save man. (ref Titus 2:11-14)
Beyond that, the grace of God is necessary to receive all the blessings that God has for His children. It is important to understand that God’s blessings are not earned by meritorious works. That important understanding means that you attribute all the success, excellence and glory of your life to the God who places His own beauty on your life and gives you His grace to be everything you are.
That beauty results in favour, blessings, advantage, and the power to do things that are beyond human ability and expect divine results.
Every Christian has been given the grace of God, but it’s important to grow in it, and to learn how not to frustrate it when it’s working for you. It is a great idea to pray daily that God give you more and more grace. The more grace you are able to attract and receive, the more divine results you can have without struggle.
The more grace you operate in, the more of God’s blessings you see manifest in your life on a daily basis. The Scripture declares that God is the giver of grace, and that He gives more and more grace to anyone who will receive it. (ref James 4:6, Romans 5:17)
Always pray that God will increase His grace in your life.
Also Read: Prayer Missiles – Rev Stephen Wengam Launches Maiden Book for Personal Prayer
4. Ask God to grant you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in God’s Word
Revelation refers to insight, knowledge into hidden things. To know God, it must be by revelation. God is the only One who knows all things and is aware of all things. But for human beings, the things we do not know are made known to us by some revelation or the other.
Revelation also deals with the ability to uncover spiritual insights in the Word of God that are practical and can get results for whatever you may be dealing with. It’s one thing to read the Scriptures; quite another thing to be able to see in those Biblical examples wisdom, ideas and a pattern or solution for dealing with a present day issue you’re facing. The way to see that from the Bible is by divine revelation in God’s Word.
And He has given His Word for that purpose – that we would know Him and know what to do, through His Word.
The spirit of wisdom and revelation opens your eyes to see what others will not see about God, even though they also read the Bible. It helps you understand the Scriptures and the relevance of the information that comes to you as you study the Bible.
It is the inspiration from God to understand His Word and act on it. It helps you understand the Scriptures and live it out practically. The spirit of wisdom and revelation will lead to your understanding being clearer, to better understand what God is doing in your life and the hope to which He has called you and what you can look forward to for the future.
Wisdom also goes beyond the study of the Scriptures, to practical insights for handling everyday situations. This is a prayer topic to take very seriously. Those that will win are those that are able to deal wisely in the affairs of life, and that comes about by growing in wisdom and spiritual understanding.
James 1:5 lets us know that God will give wisdom to those who ask for it – and He will do it liberally, without finding fault with you. Go ahead and ask for all the wisdom you need.
5. Pray that you will constantly experience the fellowship of the Holy Spirit
God gave the Holy Spirit to the church, so He can lead us daily in our Christian walk. The Holy Spirit is Himself God. He is known in the Scriptures as the Spirit of the Father and the Spirit of the Son. He is the Spirit of God.
He is the principal Person that walks with the Christian today. Everyone who knows God today knows Him because they have a relationship with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit brings the presence of God to you, so you know God is always with you.
He’s the One that interprets the Scriptures to a Christian, the One sent to help a believer life the victorious Christian life. He is the Helper that Jesus promised His disciples shortly before leaving the earth.
Every Christian must know the Holy Spirit intimately in order to get the maximum benefits of His presence and ministry in their lives. A daily fellowship with the Holy Spirit is what matures you as a believer, increases your faith and confidence in God, and gives you a better knowledge of who God wants you to be and how He would have you live.
Also, daily communion and fellowship with the Holy Spirit will keep you in tune with God and always open to hearing His guidance for your life. To say that one must always seek a closer relationship with the Holy Spirit would be an understatement.
Knowing Him is crucial to being a victor and a successful Christian. It is imperative to pray constantly that God reveal Himself to you more and more through your fellowship with the Holy Spirit. It’s also important to pray that you will recognize His voice as He speaks to you in the many ways that He can and does speak. The Holy Spirit is God’s blessing to His church; get to know Him better today!
Now available for download! Get this article as a PDF for your personal use, or to share with a group.
6. Pray that God will give you compassion for the lost and the unsaved world
Jesus gave standing orders to the Church to go out and win the lost to Him. The lost are those who are yet to come to the point of knowing and responding to the gospel of Jesus Christ by placing their faith in Him for their personal salvation from sin and death.
This is the highest calling of every believer: to be a channel by which the lost will come to know Christ and make that decision to come to Him. That mandate requires that we have compassion for the lost and the unsaved, the hurt and the broken, the abused and the afflicted of this world.
Compassion is what will make us act. Compassion will make us go out and be a blessing to a hurting and dying world. Many people encounter the lost everyday, but have no drive to win them to Christ. It takes the compassion of Jesus Christ to care about the lost and unsaved and to go to every length possible to win them.
Knowing what to do is great, but compassion is that final push that moves you to action. It will make us determined to win the lost at any cost.
As the end draws ever nearer, the Commission to make disciples of all nations is ever more urgent than before. Every Christian needs to be missionary-minded, thinking of ways he or she can personally be involved in the Great Commission.
Pray, asking God to fuel your passion and give you compassion for the lost, compassion that will move you to action and keep you going in the quest to be a soul winner.
7. Ask God to help your deepen your commitment to His work in your local church
The Church is the global body of believers and we’re together as one. All believers in Jesus Christ all over the world constitute the body of Christ on earth.
Yet each believer meets in a smaller assembly of Christians. The local assembly is the vital body of Christ to which each Christian must belong. It is at that level that the believer is ministered to daily and taken care of in the Lord. It is also the vehicle for building and training believers to become responsible Christians that can work for the Lord. You need to be committed to a local church in order to be very effective for the Lord.
In a local church, you can be active and serve God in a specific capacity. Whether it is in a ministry, department or other special assignment, the local church is your place of contribution to what the Lord wants done. It is where you submit to the vision of God as given to the minister responsible for the assembly, and that is the framework within which you serve God, to accomplish what God wants done.
Any talents, gifts and callings on your life can be used in that local church for the benefit of all who worship there and beyond.
Serving in a local assembly also helps to ground you and build the discipline that makes for discipleship. It deepens your commitment to the Lord and helps you have a structured approach to serving God. You are able to serve God in a visible, measurable way that can increase over time as you commit to doing more for God.
Every Christian needs to pray that God will give them the grace and ability to serve in one capacity or the other in their local assembly, and more so be committed to it.
Also Read: Prayer Missiles – Rev Stephen Wengam Launches Maiden Book for Personal Prayer
8 . Pray for a better understanding of God’s will and divine purpose for your life
God has a plan for everyone. And in that plan, there are general directions to go, and there are specific things for each person to accomplish. The success of your life is directly a case of how much of God’s will and purpose for your specific life you are able to accomplish while on earth.
Every Christian must strive to know what that purpose is and walk accordingly. There is a blueprint for every child of God to follow; some things are general and apply to all believers everywhere, while others are quite unique to individuals and God’s special plan for each of His people.
Knowing God’s will for your life will ease your choices and help you make useful decisions that will propel you in the right direction. You will make the right decisions about your life, family, career, finances, ministry and several other aspects of your life as you know better what God wants you to do for Him with your life.
It will also help you avoid certain mistakes along your path to fulfilling God’s dream for your life.
Praying like this is good for any believer. It will surely insulate you from a lot of bad choices, mistakes, missed opportunities and unnecessary detours, and hasten your progress on your path to being who God wants you to be.
9. Ask God to strengthen your heart and help you to remain faithful when challenges arise
Everyone who serves God is required to be faithful to his calling and God’s assignment.
In serving God and living a daily Christian life, there are challenges – challenges that may shake your faith or cause you to doubt the God who saved you and called you to Himself. Getting started is not all there is to serving God; it is important that anyone who comes to God must remain faithful to the call.
Always pray that God will strengthen your heart with His Word and through fellowship with His Spirit, so you can be fully persuaded that He is with you and nothing can drown you as you follow after Him. Regardless of the challenges that one may face in the journey, it is important to remain faithful to the end and not give up along the way.
When that happens, no matter what you face, you can win over adversity, trials, challenges or difficulties. You will come out of each test, trial or affliction stronger than you went in, and you will have learnt something that will help you be a better version of yourself as you go along.
Pray that God will help you to stay faithful to Him no matter what comes up in your life, that you will trust Him to take you through the storms that you must necessarily face, and to keep you from losing your hope and confidence in Him.
The Christian life is spiritual. Much as most Christians want to serve God faithfully, there is a devil who works against all that God stands for. Make no mistakes about it; the supernatural is real, and it’s more real than the physical world. What transpires there has undeniable effect on what happens to us in the earth realm.
However, the Word of God assures that we have authority in the Name of Jesus over the devil and all his works, strategies and tricks. This authority was won by Jesus when He rose from the dead and God exalted Him to the place of highest authority – His own right hand in the heavens.
God gave Jesus Christ all authority in heaven and on earth. (ref Mathhew 28:18) The Scriptures further show that at the Name of Jesus, every knee should bow everywhere – in heaven, in the earth, and in the evil underworld (ref Philippians 2:9-10)
To live a victorious Christian life, it is crucial to understand that authority, how it functions and how to exercise it over the devil, circumstances and adverse situations, so you can be free from their influence and win in your walk with God. Every Christian needs to exercise this authority on a daily basis and stay free of manipulation and demonic influences.
The more you understand this authority, the stronger your confidence grows and the more of it you’re able to exercise, and again the more and better results you can get with it. Understanding the authority of the Name of Jesus is also by revelation, and as God unveils the splendor of that Name to your heart, you will be able to address bigger issues and see them resolved.
These prayers will help you to grow as an all round Christian, ready and prepared to be a blessing to your world. Make prayer your consistent lifestyle and pray these prayers for yourself or for others daily, and the results will amaze you. Go for it!
Now available for download! Get this article as a PDF for your personal use, or to share with a group.
Any other prayer topics to add? Let us know in the comments!
Prayer points for spiritual growth are of great importance. They are required during the Holy month of Ramadan.
The Holy month of Ramadan is the month not only of giving up food in the daytime but, most importantly of all, the month to desisit from all forbidden actions. At this time a believer should be especially vigilant and control his eyes, ears, and tongue.
The month of Ramadan is not only a month of abstinence from food. It is a month of the heart purification with the help of fasting and prayer.
The Messenger of Allah (DAR) said: “Verily, the heavenly gates open on the first of the nights of Ramadan, and do not close until the last of the nights of the month” (Al-Bihar, 96/34/8).
He also said: “If the servant of God is in charge, what blessings are sent in Ramadan, he would wish Ramadan will be lasting a whole year” (Al-Bihar, 96/346/12).
There are three necessary conditions of fasting in the month of Ramadan:
– The first is Intention. A person should tell himself he will keep fasting for Allah’s sake during this month.
– The second is abstention from eating food and drinking water during the daylight hours (from the morning azan to the evening).
– The third is to pay the zakat-fitr after the end of the fast.
The main prayer points in Ramadan
There are many prescriptions for the desired amal (actions) this month. We should underline the main thing, the crucial prayer points:
1. You must read the Quran. Those who cannot read Arabic can listen to a record.
2. After each obligatory prayer, read this dua:
O High, O Great One,
O Forgiving, O Most Merciful,
You are the great Lord,
There is no one like Him,
And He is the Hearing, the Seeing.
You created this month and extolled,
And exalted over all the months.
In this month You made the post mandatory for me.
It is the month of Ramadan,
When the Quran was sent down –
A guide for people and an explanation of the true path and distinction, –
And he installed it the Night of Power (Laylat ul-Kadr),
And He did it better than a thousand months.
O The One who endows and does not need to be endowed!
Put me on protection from the Fire,
Among those you have given to,
And lead me into Paradise,
O Most Gracious and the Most Merciful!
READ ALSO: #Ramadan: Hunger, thirst, abstinence, any effect so far?
3. You should praise Allah a lot. You must read dhikr, give the Salavat to the Prophet (DABAR) and remember his purest Ahl al-Bayt (A). They say in the month of Ramadan Imam Sajjad (A) did not utter other speeches except spiritual prayers, praise of Allah and repentance.
4. You must give a lot of Sadaqah.
5. You should read two rak’aats every Ramadan night. In each rak’aat you must read Surah “Ihlias” after “Fatihi”.
6. Three times within the month of Ramadan you have to read the dua “Great Armor” (“Jaushan Kabir”).
They say Allah will assign 70,000 angels praising Allah to a person who reads this dua with a pure intention at the beginning of the Ramadan month. Allah will make Hell forbidden and prescribe Paradise for the one who reads it three times during the Holy month. Allah will place two angels to such a person. They will protect him from any evil of this world and take him under His protection for the rest of his days.
7. You must spend at least three nights – the 19th, the 21st and the 23rd of Ramadan in wakefulness and prayer Laylat ul-Kadr (Night of Power).
8. During all the nights of Ramadan, you should make 1000 rak’aats of additional prayers. As Imam Javad (A) said, they are considered as namaz 2 rak’aat each (that is, 500 prayers total). Do it as follows: The first 20 nights of Ramadan, perform 10 prayers per each night (4 prayers after the evening prayer and 6 prayers after the night prayer). The last 10 nights of the month, every night you have to carry out 15 prayers: 4 prayers after the evening prayer and 11 prayers after the night prayer. Finally, the last 150 prayers you must perform at the night of Lailiat ul-Qadr (the 19th, the 21st, and the 23d of Ramadan) – 50 prayers per each night.
9. The desirable prayers recommended being read at night of the month of Ramadan are dua “Iftitah” from Imam Mahdi (A), dua “Mujir”, “Imajam Ali (A) in the Kufa mosque” and “Makaremu ahlyak”.
10. The desirable prayers recommended to be read before dawn: Dua “Bach” (“Shining”) and Dua Abu Hamza Sumali.
The special prayers before meals
Before the morning and evening meals, Muslims say special prayers. Here it is in text:
The intention to fast: Navata savma gadin an ‘ada’i Ramadan hazihi-s-sanati’ imanan wa-htisaban liallahi ta’ala – I am going to hold the Fast of tomorrow Ramadan day of this year in accordance with faith and sincere for the sake of Allah.
Or for a whole month, that’s why the intention is made on the first night of Ramadan: Nawayta Siyama Salasina Yavman ‘an Shahri Ramadan Hazihi-s-sanati – I am going to hold the thirty-day Fast of the Ramadan month this year.
Before eating, you should say: Ya Vasi’a-l-magfirati, igfir li Bismi-llahi-r-Rahmani-r-Rahim – O Allah! You are the All-Merciful, Forgiving. I begin with the Name of Allah, the Most Merciful for all in this Light and only for the believers – in that Light of the World.
After the meal, you must read the following dua: Allahumma laka sum of va-‘ala rizkka ‘aftartu – O Allah! I fasted and received the food You gave me for your sake.
Namaz and powerful prayers during fasting in the month of Ramadan are very significant.
Among the instructions of Allah Almighty there are such duties followed by believers scrupulously, without any omissions. Only in this way a Muslim can become closer to the Lord. Such a prescription is to fulfill five obligatory prayers during the day and night period.
The collective night prayer takes place after the prayer of Isha is called Tarawih. Usually, Kur’an Hafiz – a person who knows the Quran by heart (in Arabic) – directs the prayer. He reads the Quran in small parts, in the correct order, every night. By the end of the month, the whole Quran is read. Every Muslim who constantly visits such prayers can listen to the reading of the entire Holy Quran.
If there is no Qur’an Hafiz in the area, the prayer is led by a Muslim who knows the greatest number of suras from the Quran. Many Islamic scholars, referring to the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), who prayed at night alone in Ramadan, advise us to do the same. By the way, many of the great companions of the Allah’s Messenger did the same.
As you see, the powerful prayer points play an important role during the whole month of Ramadan. Do it sincerely and Allah blesses you.
READ ALSO: When Was Ramadan First Celebrated?
Subscribe to watch new videos