From “The God of Miracles Lives Today” by Velmer Gardner – 1950
Mark 13:34: “For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.” He gave AUTHORITY to his servants and to every man his work. Authority means the right to command obedience, the right to enforce obedience, and the right to act officially. Christ had authority over sickness and the devil. He had the right to command the sickness to leave and the devil had to obey. He had the right to enforce obedience, and He had the right to act in the official capacity as the Son of God.
The centurion came to Christ, and said, “My servant is sick at home and I want you to heal him.” Jesus said, “I will go.” The centurion said, “Jesus, you don’t need to go and heal him, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but speak the Word and my servant will be healed.” He said, “I am a man of authority. The ones over me tell me what to do and I have to obey. I have authority over a hundred men. I will tell them to do this or do that and they do what I command them to do.” And he said, “Now Christ, you have authority. You don’t need to come to my home, all you have to do is say the Word and that sickness will have to leave because you have authority over it.” And Jesus marveled and said, “I have not found such great faith, not in all Israel.” (Paraphrased from Luke 7:3-9).
The thing that brought healing to that centurion’s servant was his faith in the authority there was in the Name of Jesus over sickness. And dear friend, today, if you have faith in the authority of the Name of Jesus over sickness you will be healed. The very moment that you appropriate that faith you will be healed. Healing comes as you recognize that Jesus has authority over sickness–all He has to do is speak the Word and it shall come to pass.
Now Christ gave His disciples this same authority. In Luke 9:1 it says, “He called His twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.” He said they were to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick. He gave them authority. Christ did not need this authority, He already had it. He gave this authority to His followers.
In Matthew 10:8 Jesus told His disciples, “Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.” Some people say we shouldn’t preach on healing. Jesus preached and practiced healing. The disciples preached and practiced healing. The Word of God preaches healing, and I’m going to preach healing because God is a God of healing. He gave His disciples this authority. They went forth, and He went with them.
“Behold I give you authority over all the power of the enemy–over all the powers of the devil–over all the powers of hell–over every diabolical spirit or demon.” (Paraphrased from Matthew 10:1 and Luke 9:1-2)
Jesus has given that very same authority to us as His servants today. Christ has gone to heaven to prepare a glorious place for us, and what a place it must be. He has been there for nearly two thousand years getting it ready. He said, “I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there ye may be also,” John 14:2-3.
He is preparing a place where there will be no more sickness. There will be no more heartache. There will be no more funerals. There will be no more separations—no more poverty—no more weakness or tiredness. What a wonderful place! It will be reserved for the children of God. But listen, friends, while He is gone, He has not left His church down here to face the ravages of hell alone. Jesus said He was going to build His church upon a rock. It is going to take something to keep that church going while He is gone. He has given authority to His servants to carry on His work until He returns. He didn’t give us the power to heal, but He gave us the authority to use His power, “In His Name.”
There is not a businessman in America that would leave his business without someone in authority. He would have someone become the President of the firm while he was gone. He would have someone to be the custodian, someone to write the checks, someone to hire, and someone to take care of the bookkeeping. Every man would have his place, and that man would have authority over that certain position.
My dear friends, Jesus has gone away, and while He is gone He has given authority to His servants to carry on His work until He returns. I believe today, there are many people who are sick because they have not recognized the authority God has given His servants. They do not treat God’s servants with the respect they are due.
Saul was a man that God blessed, anointed, and used in a tremendous way. Saul backslid, sinned, rejected God, and became a murderer and a terrible character. He even became demon possessed and died by suicide. The people told David to kill him, but David said, “Thou shalt not lay thine hands against God’s anointed.” (Paraphrased from 1 Samuel 24:6). David would not even lift his hand against this man that he had seen God use in such a tremendous way. He was afraid that the wrath of God might come upon him. So respect the servant of God. Respect your pastor, respect the evangelist, respect the missionaries, and respect the ones that have authority over you under God.
In James 5:14 it says, “Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.” That friends, is exercising POWER OF ATTORNEY. Christ has absolutely given us the legal right to use His name. He has given us authority to face the devil in the power of His name. He is not here, but He has given us authority to carry on His work until He comes. We can go forth using that power of attorney—using His name.
And my friends hear me now. THE DEVIL HAS TO RECOGNIZE US WHEN WE USE THE POWER of Jesus’ Name, just as though Jesus Christ Himself were standing before the devil and the devil would have to obey Him. We know that every time Jesus met the devil He defeated him. The devil was always defeated. Why? Because of the power and the authority Christ had. Christ has given us authority through the power of His name. Friends, He has not left us alone. He has given power and authority to His servants to carry on His work until He returns.
There is a difference between power and authority. No one has the power to heal, but we do have the power to exercise His authority. We have the authority to use His power. Then that power will bring healing—the Apostle Peter said, “In the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk,” Acts 3:6. It was the first apostolic miracle performed. He recognized the authority there was in that Name, and he used that Name by faith. It did the work, and brother/sister, it will do it again today. There is power in the Name of Jesus, and we have authority to use that power, to use that Name. It’s not the power of man. It’s not the power of a church, but the power of Jesus’ Name that brings healing today.
Now we have not the power to heal, but we have the authority to use His name. A policeman can stand down here at an intersection; a little hundred and twenty-five pound policeman. He holds out his hand, and the big logging truck stops. A big two hundred and twenty-five pound logger is in the truck. He says, “Hurry up policeman, I’m in a rush.” And the policeman says, “You’ll go when I tell you to go.” You’ll never move until I tell you you can move. Then the logger glares at him, and says to himself, “I could get out there and with one hand I could whip you. You haven’t the power to stop me.” It’s true, he doesn’t. The policeman knows he doesn’t have the power, and the logger knows he doesn’t have the power. But THE POLICEMAN DOESN’T NEED THE POWER. He has been given the authority under the law to carry on and to fulfill the works of the law of the land. And there is only one reason that logger stays there—he doesn’t stay there because he’s afraid of the power that this man has, because he knows the man hasn’t the power to stop him. He knows that policeman has authority entrusted to him. If he violates that position of authority, and he runs past and resists the signals of that officer, he’s going to have the whole city, the whole county, the whole state, and the whole United States after him. That policeman has been entrusted as an officer of the law and given authority to carry on the work of the law.
It is exactly the same thing in regard to God. God has not given any man the power to heal. There is not a man in the world who can heal anybody of anything, but God has given men the authority to use the power of Jesus’ Name. Every man that God has called and ordained to preach the Gospel is a servant of God, and to that servant God has given authority to carry on His works until He returns. Every man will not have the same authority. Every man will not have the same talent-the same gift, but all of us have authority to carry on the works of Jesus until He returns. We can use the Name of Jesus with authority and it’s going to produce works—it’s going to produce the same works that Jesus produced when He was here. Jesus said, “The works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father,” John 14:12.
Oh, friends, the power is in the Name of Jesus. The devil trembles when he hears the Name of Jesus. We have authority to use that Name, to exercise it legally. Resist the devil. The devil has no claim upon a child of God. You can break every attack of the devil by the Name of Jesus. In the Name of Jesus, exercise the authority that God has given, and God will drive the devil’s power back.
Jesus said, “I must work the works of Him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work,” John 9:4. In these dark closing days of time, as darkness is coming down upon the world, we must go forth and use the authority that God has given us. God has given us authority today over all the powers of sickness and over all the powers of the devil. When we pray for you, we demand in the Name of Jesus that the devil release his hand from you. All sickness is the result of the devil. If there had never been a devil there would never have been any sickness.
Jesus has given us the authority to demand the devil to release his hand from you and the devil has to obey us. Friends, the devil has to obey us as His servants just as much as he would obey Jesus Christ. I say that reverently. I say that because I know it’s the Word of God. In the Name of Jesus we can become bold. In the Name of Jesus we can make the devil fear us. There is power in the Name of Jesus, and we dare by faith to exercise that divine authority He has entrusted us with. All the power of hell has to flee. The powers of the enemy are defeated forever by the authority of Jesus Christ.
Every child of God has the legal right to use that name. Perhaps your child is epileptic. When one of those epileptic convulsions come upon it, God has given you power and authority to use that Name and command the epileptic demon of hell to leave that body and go back to hell where it belongs. It will have to obey you just as though Jesus Christ Himself were there because He is there. He’s there in the power of His name. So when we pray for you friends, we exercise this authority. Through the Name of Jesus we come before the devil. We command the devil to release his power and the devil has to do it. God has not given us authority to heal, but He has given us authority to believe that He has already done it. You are already healed. Two thousand years ago Jesus healed every one of you just as much as He saved all of you. Believe Him now, and you’ll be healed. Have faith in the authority of the name of Jesus like the centurion did. You don’t have to beg and ask God for it, just believe Him. Take it by faith and stand upon God’s Word, and God is going to honor it.
As servants of God we are His ambassadors. An ambassador has no power, but he has authority to act in official capacities, and every nation recognizes the authority of an ambassador. If they don’t treat that ambassador right, it won’t be just the ambassador that they will have to contend with but the whole country, the whole government that is behind that ambassador. We are ambassadors of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. We meet the devil and say, “Devil, take your hand off that body. Take your satanic influence away–take your oppressing hand from that body.” And the devil says, “You haven’t the power to make me do it. You haven’t the power to cast me out.” Sometimes the devil speaks forth boldly.
It’s true, we tell the devil. We admit we don’t have the power. We have no power. We are weak human beings with no power in ourselves, but we are not depending upon our power. We are ambassadors of the Kingdom of Heaven. We have the authority to command that the devil obey us. We have the right to enforce the devil to obey us because God has given us authority in the Name of Jesus to demand the devil to do it. When we boldly take that stand, the devil is going to flee. He will flee from you. The Bible says so.
If the devil can bluff us and cause us to fear and tremble at his presence and power he will defeat us. But when we boldly meet the devil with, “Thus saith the Word of God,” we claim our throne rights, and we claim our legal capacity in the Name of the Lord. When we say, “Devil, I stand as an ambassador of the kingdom of Heaven, and you are defeated in the Name of Jesus–I command you to listen to me–I command you to obey me–I command you to leave–I command you to take your hands from my body,” then the healing power of Jesus will begin to flow because God recognizes that “power of attorney.”
You exercise legal faith as you appropriate the power of Jesus Christ, and everything that Christ had or did is yours right then, through the power of His Name. Oh, let’s believe Him friends. God has given authority to His servants, so let’s have faith in God, and God will heal you. God wants to heal every one of you friends, and God will, if you will believe. So, when you are prayed for, have faith in this authority.
When you call for your pastor to pray for you and he lays hands on you, anoints you with oil, and prays the prayer of faith . . . right then friends, forget the man’s hands. By faith, appropriate the nail scarred hands of Jesus–that’s what it means: “And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up,” James 5:15. They can receive because they have come legally and claimed healing through the Name of Jesus.
Prayer Points To Overcome Sin And Temptations. Prayer Points Of Victory Over Sicknesses And Diseases.
Mark_14-38: Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak
Matthew_26-41-1: Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak
James_1-12-1: Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him
1-Corinthians_6-19: What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own
1-Corinthians_10-13: There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it
1. Father! Lord! Visit me with Your power to live a victorious life over sin, in the name of Jesus.
2. Oh Lord! Anoint me to overcome sin, sickness and diseases in the name of Jesus.
3. Every altar of sin, sickness and diseases in my life catch fire and burn to ashes, in the name of Jesus.
4. Blood of Jesus! Speak destruction to sin, sickness and disease in my life in the name of Jesus.
5. Oh Lord! Arise and waste sin, sickness and disease in my life in the name of Jesus.
6. Any power that refused to release my health shall die in the name of Jesus.
7. Blood of Jesus! Flow into my destiny and destroy every trace of infirmity in the name of Jesus.
8. Oh hand of God take away every stubborn problem in my life in the name of Jesus!
9. Let the fire of God burn to ashes every trace of diseases in my body in the name of Jesus!
10. Blood of Jesus! Put sin and sickness to perfect shame in my life in the name of Jesus!
11. You my life! Arise and shine above all manner of sickness and disease in the name of Jesus!
12. Sickness whether you like it or not, leave my life forever in the name of Jesus!
13. I walk out from the camp of people defeated by stubborn infirmities, in the name of Jesus!
14. Every evil battle generated by the sin of my parents die by fire in the name of Jesus!
15. Let the evil forces that brought sickness into my life appear and take them away in the name of Jesus!
16. The expectation of the enemies of my health shall fail woefully in the name of Jesus!
17. Every battle that I have lost to sin and sickness shall be reversed now, in the name of Jesus.
18. Thou King of lorry, crown my destiny with perfect health in the name of Jesus!
19. I confront and conquer every disease germ in my blood in the name of Jesus!
20. Father Lord! Open the gate of divine health upon my life by fire in the name of Jesus!
21. As the Lord liveth let my original health appear completely now in the name of Jesus!
22. Any problem that entered into my life from the womb, come out and die in the name of Jesus!
23. Every evil load that sin, sickness and diseases have put upon my life fall off, in the name of Jesus!
24. Any power of the night assigned to attack my life, attack your sender in the name of Jesus Christ!
25. Let the stripes of Jesus destroy every trace of sickness in my body in the name of Jesus!
26. Any satanic calendar from the heavenly places frustrating my healing, catch fire in the name of Jesus!
27. Any pollution acquired in the past now affecting my health, be purged by the blood of Jesus in the name of Jesus!
28. Any evil sacrifice done against my health, expire and lose your strength in the name of Jesus!
29. Every disorder causing ill health in my life, receive order in the name of Jesus!
30. I withdraw my health from every manner of satanic captivity in the name of Jesus!
31. Thou evil program of impossibility upon my life, be frustrated in the name of Jesus!
32. Whatever the enemy has done against my health, I reverse it by fire, in the name of Jesus!
33. Every witchcraft sickness that refused to let me go, go and die in the name of Jesus.
34. Every strong man of sickness attacking my health, fall down and die, in the name of Jesus!
35. Let the power of darkness struggling to take over my destiny waste themselves in the name of Jesus!
36. As the Lord liveth sickness shall not harvest my life in the name of Jesus!
37. Whatsoever sickness has achieved in my life, I destroy them by the power of God n the name of Jesus!
38. Any evil altar ministering infirmities in my life, scatter in the name of Jesus!
39. Every battle rising against me from the power of darkness shall backfire in the name of Jesus!
40. All the good things that sin and sickness have stolen from me I recover them now, in the name of Jesus!
41. Thou power of sickness which entered into my life by sin, come out and die in the name of Jesus!
42. Every padlock of the wicked against my destiny, break into pieces in the name of Jesus!
43. Angels of the Living God arise and waste my wasters, in the name of Jesus!
44. I command every occult blood inside my life to flow out completely in the name of Jesus!
45. Every good thing that sickness has confiscated in my life, be released by fire in the name of Jesus!
46. Blood of Jesus! Wash my body, soul and spirit from every sickness and diseases in the name of Jesus!
47. Let the great arm of the Lord arise and heal every part of my body, soul and spirit in the name of Jesus!
48. Father Lord! Pump your power into my inner man and heal my life perfectly in the name of Jesus!
49. I reject every negative medical report against my health in the name of Jesus!
50. By faith in Christ Jesus, I claim my perfect healing and deliverance in the name of Jesus!
51. Father Lord! Arise and speak success into my inner man, in the name of Jesus!
52. Holy soldiers from the presence of my God, arise and destroy the enemies of my health in the name of Jesus!
- 1 Thank You Jesus.
- 2 Support Our Ministry.
- 3 Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah.
- 4 Account Number: 0139438409.
- 5 Guaranty Trust Bank Plc.
- 6 Renew My Mind, Body and Soul
- 7 To Heal a Friend
- 8 A Prayer for Healing a Loved One
- 9 A Prayer to Jesus for Healing
- 10 A Prayer Against Disease
- 11 My Lighthouse of Hope
- 12 A Prayer for Doctor’s Wisdom
- 13 A Prayer to Ease Pain
- 14 What does the Bible say about healing?
- 15 Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayers for Healing”
- 16 Recent prayer requests…
Thank You Jesus.
Father! In The Mighty Name Of Jesus Christ Your Son! We Cover Your Son Pastor E A Adeboye With The Precious Blood Of Jesus! He Shall Finish Strong, To Your Glory Through Christ Jesus Our Lord And Saviour! Amen!
Father! In The Mighty Name Of Jesus Christ Your Son! We Cover Your son Pastor Yemi Osinbajo With The Precious Blood Of Jesus! He Shall Finish Strong, To Your Glory Through Christ Jesus Our Lord And Saviour! Amen!
Father! In The Mighty Name Of Jesus Christ Your Son! We Cover Your Son Mr Donald Trump With The Precious Blood Of Jesus! He Shall Finish Strong, To Your Glory Through Christ Jesus Our Lord And Saviour! Amen!
Father! In The Mighty Name Of Jesus Christ Your Son! We Cover Your Son Benjamin Netanyahu With The Precious Blood Of Jesus! He Shall Finish Strong, To Your Glory Through Christ Jesus Our Lord And Saviour! Amen!
Father! In The Mighty Name Of Jesus Christ Your Son! We Cover Your Son Reuven Rivlin With The Precious Blood Of Jesus! He Shall Finish Strong, To Your Glory Through Christ Jesus Our Lord And Saviour! Amen!
Was This Devotional Helpful? And Informative? Please Leave Your Comment In The Box Below
May God Bless Israel, Nigeria, And America And Take Care Of Us; May God Make His Face Shine Upon Us, And Be Gracious To Us; May The Lord Lift Up His Countenance Upon Us, And Give Us Peace, In Jesus Christ Name, We Pray! Amen!
May The Grace The Lord Jesus Christ, And The Love Of God, And The Fellowship Of The Holy Spirit Be With You All. Amen!
Support Our Ministry.
Good Morning Dear!
It cost a lot of money to maintain a website! Nonetheless a non-profit Christian website.
Please if you have been blessed by this ministry and you are led to support and bless this ministry in return.
Please make your donation to this account
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah.
Account Number: 0139438409.
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc.
To help us continue in the spreading of The GOSPEL OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST to every corner of this world.
Thank You Very Much For Your Support!
May GOD we Serve Bless You A Million Times in return! Amen!
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah
There are different types of healing mentioned in Bible verses–physical healing, emotional healing and spiritual healing. The Bible has scriptures touching on several aspects of health and healing. There is no formula on how to pray for healing but the bible does offer several scriptures that you can pray verbatim as prayers for healing. We just need to learn what the Bible has to say about healing and pray the scriptures for healing.
The following prayer is for physical healing against sickness and diseases. Prior to praying the prayer try to read and meditate on these scriptures below. They will help to build your faith.
James 5:13-15 “Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.”
Isaiah 40:31 “Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”
Jeremiah 30:17 “I will restore you to health and heal your wounds, declares the LORD, because you are called an outcast, Zion for whom no one cares.”
3 John 1:2 “Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.”
Psalm 107:19-20 “Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He sent out his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave.”
Psalm 103:1-5″Praise the LORD, my soul;all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, my soul,and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.”
Proverbs 4:20-22 “My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body.”
Matthew 8:16 “When evening came, many who were demon-possessed were brought to him, and he drove out the spirits with a word and healed all the sick.”
John 6:63 “The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life.”
Luke 17:6 He replied, “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it will obey you.”
1 Peter 2:24 “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”
Mark 11:23-24 “Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”
Here is your Healing Prayer for your Physical Healing
Heavenly Father, I attend to Your Word. I incline my ears to Your sayings. I will not let them depart from my eyes. I keep them in the midst of my heart, for they are life and healing to all my flesh. As You were with Moses, so are You with me. My eyes are not dim; neither is my natural vigor diminished. Blessed are my eyes for they see and my ears for they hear. “No evil will befall me , neither shall any plague come near my dwelling. For You have given angels charge over me . They keep me in all ways.” In my pathway is life, healing, and health. Jesus took my infirmities and bore my sicknesses. Therefore I refuse to allow sickness to dominate my body . The life of God flows within me , bringing healing to every fiber of my being. I am redeemed from the curse because Christ became a curse for me as your word says cursed is anyone who hangs upon a tree. The Blood of Jesus covers and protects me. It flows to every cell of my body , restoring life and health. My body is the temple of the Holy Ghost. I pray for a release the right chemicals and hormones. My body is in perfect chemical balance. My pancreas secretes the proper amount of insulin for life and health. Every cancer (name your illness) and abnormal cell is uprooted from my body now and replaced by cells perfected by the Spirit of God. I believe that by Your stripes Lord Jesus I am healed and will continue to walk by faith and not by sight until I see the salvation of the Lord. In Jesus Name, Amen.
Click Here for a list of other Prayers
Excerpts of this prayer was taken from the Book of Prayers
Here is a prayer for a sick pet
Here is a prayer for healing a broken relationship
Here is a prayer for healing cancer
Last updated: January 4, 2018
Prayers for healing can illustrate firsthand the incredible power of prayer. Through prayer for the sick and poor in health, we can find comfort in the most trying of times. Use these prayers, and keep them in your heart so they can remind you of God’s nearness.
The following prayers have been curated by pastors and clergy, while some come from rare, out-of-print prayer books.
God has been in the business of answering prayers for healing for a long time. Use these prayers as examples, and submit your own public prayer request at the bottom of this page.
Renew My Mind, Body and Soul
Lord, I come before you today in need of your healing hand.
In you all things are possible. Hold my heart within yours, and renew my mind, body, and soul.
I am lost, but I come to you with grace.
You gave us life, and you also give us the gift of
infinite joy. Give me the strength to move forward on the path you’ve laid out for me.
Guide me towards better health, and give me the wisdom to identify those you’ve placed
around me to help me get better.
In your name I pray, Amen.
To Heal a Friend
Think, o God, of our friend who is ill, whom we now commend to Your compassionate regard.
Comfort him upon his sickbed, and ease his suffering. We beg for deliverance, and submit
that no healing is too hard for the Lord, if it be His will.
We therefore pray that You bless our friend with Your loving care, renew his strength,
and heal what ails him in Your loving name.
Thank You, Lord.
A Prayer for Healing a Loved One
All our times are in Thy hand.
All diseases come at Thy call, and go at Thy bidding.
Thou redeemest our life from destruction, and crownest us with loving kindness and tender mercies.
We bless Thee, that Thou hast heard prayer, and commanded deliverances for our friend and
Thy servant, who has been under Thine afflicting hand.
He (or she) was brought low, but Thou hast helped him (her).
May he (she) not only live, but declare the works of the Lord!
As Thou hast delivered his eyes from tears, his feet from falling, and his soul from death,
may he daily inquire:What shall I render unto the Lord for all his benefits towards me,and
resolve to offer unto Thee the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and to call upon the name of the Lord.
May we ever remember that recovery is only a reprieve and
that some day we will go to our rest in the Lord.
May we therefore secure the righteous path and live with eternity ever in our view.
A Prayer to Jesus for Healing
Dear Lord, You are the Just judge, Holy and True. You are the Most High God. You give us life.
You hold all power in your hands.
You are the Mighty one from God who carries the world, and is ruler over all the earth.
You Oh Most Blessed One are the giver of life. In you are only good things.
In you is mercy and love. In you is healing of the nations.
In you is freedom of worry and freedom of pain.
Lord Almighty, You loved us so much. You were sent from your Father,
sent to save us from destruction. We truly can never make it to Heaven without the help of Jesus the Son,
who was sent to earth to help us.
You, Lord are full of mercy and grace, please forgive us for our faults.
Lord Jesus, in you all healing is performed. You Lord are the miracle worker.
In your Spirit, your gift of healing is alive. In you Lord we can put our trust that you can heal us,
and protect us from the enemy, and death of our soul.
You, Lord are miracle worker for the sick, and for the lost souls.
You, Lord forgive us and save us from condemnation. You cleanse us and make us born again new.
You give us a clean heart full of peace. You Lord are the Light.
In You is all truth. Your way Lord is the way to Heavenly Hope.
Your hands Lord created the universe. You Lord are the True giver of Life.
Every child is a miracle of Life. Life rests in Your Hands.
Wrap us as a close knit family, draw us near to you Lord, and bind us with your Loving Hands.
Let us be drawn closer to You. You are the Vine, dear Lord and we are the branches.
You carry all knowledge and all power. You Lord are our medicine. Your Words Lord are Truth and Life.
Help us put our trust in You. You Lord are the greatest physician.
You heal, You protect, You care, You love, You are kind, You are patient,
You are thoughtful, You are strength. You Lord are our Creator.
You know our thoughts, our sighings and our cryings and every hair on our head.
You are Wonderful and make all good things for us. Heal us Lord, if it be Your will.
A Prayer Against Disease
Lord, Your scripture says that you heal all diseases and whoever believes in You will not perish but have an everlasting life. Strengthen me, Lord, in this time of illness. Sustain him as he lays sick in his bed. When You were on Earth, you did all things good and healed all kinds of sickness.
You healed those who had diseases. You died and rose for our sins and that we may have eternal life, Lord. I believe in my heart that You are here with us today and that with Your most holy power will remove all sicknesses and evils that roam the earth. Let it be done in Your glory, Lord.
We praise and glorify Your name, Amen.
My Lighthouse of Hope
Most gracious and loving Father, I want to thank You for all the blessings Youve given me, my family and friends and all those I hold dear.
Thank You Lord for giving me another day to see the beauty of your creations. You know the state of crisis that I am in now Lord. I want to be of use again to You, Lord. In the time of my hospitalization, You Lord remain as my rock and my anchor.
You stand as my lighthouse giving me hope. I pray Lord that you will heal me soon.
In Jesus name, Amen.
A Prayer for Doctor’s Wisdom
Dear Lord, Guide my doctor’s hands and give him wisdom.
Show him the way and help him to heal me.
I put my faith in you and the medical professionals that you have brought to me.
A Prayer to Ease Pain
Almighty Father, Thank you for your love, grace and mercy. I pray that my discomforts will turn to comforts, my pains to gains, my deprivation to more blessings, my losses to profits, my tear to smiles, my sorrows to pleasures, my illness to wellness, my debts to credits and my dreams to realities.
As the scripture said “The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.” And he “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
I trust in you Lord and in you alone to heal me with any form of skepticism towards blessing that you will be employed upon me. I trust, Lord, that this agony and suffering that is only in my head, will come to end and positivism will shine upon me as I read, hear, study and preach the truth in the Bible.
What does the Bible say about healing?
“Behold, blessed is the one whom God reproves; therefore despise not the discipline of the Almighty. For he wounds, but he binds up; he shatters, but his hands heal.”
“And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospelof the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.”
“And the people, when they knew it, followed him: and he received them, and spoke unto them of the kingdom of God, and healed them that had need of healing.”
“Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another that you may be healed. The fervent prayer of a righteous man is effective and has great strength.”
Often times, it is good to look towards the scriptures for truth and understanding of this world. Click here to read more Bible verses about Healing or Life.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayers for Healing”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Prayers for Complete Healing- Asking for prayers for my Mom please. That her biopsy results will be BENIGN! And that the Lord will speak to and through her doctors… …
- Panic- Please pray for my son-in-law who has been riddled with panic attacks for almost 2 months. He isn’t able to go to work, afraid to… …
- Health- Please pray for my uncle Pat who has prostate cancer. Pray for my friend AY who is a veteran and is having spine and neck… …
- Pray to God- I am suffering from insomnia for 9 month with fear….please lord heal me.please save me…please help me. …
- Pray for our health as my husband is in stage 5 kidney disease- Please pray for Andrea and Avalyn as we move forward in our lives and bless us with healing in our bodies a supernatural complete healing… …
- Healing- Please for for healing for me and my husband, daughter, granddaughter and son-in -law also for my aunt and niece..thanks …
- Healing- Please pray for Bob, hospitalized once again and for his wife, Rosanna. Please pray for Jolene, still in intense pain after surgery. …
- Healing for Daughter- Please pray for our 17 years old daughter, Marissa, that is showing signs of beginning psychosis. She has also had a significant decline in her… …
- Prayers for my family- need prayers for healing, going through so much with my older kids with there addiction, i don’t drink or use anything, so much things like… …
- Healing, Faith, Relationships- Hurting, feeling alone, little to no faith, bored, no friends, marriage rocky, worry a lot, obesity, depressed, church family don’t act like family they have… …
- Praying for physical strength and mobility- I pray for healing of an autoimmune condition and it’s effects and affects on my body. Tightness and limited movement in my knees. Pain. My… …
- Healing- I am asking for prayer, Father God I come to You in this time of need. You know the situation and You know I can’t… …
- Help- For my negative thoughts and emotions to go away for good. To grow closer to God and to heal my mind and heart. …
- My husbands healing and a new job- Father God, I lift up my husband and ask that you heal him of this cancer and to also open up a door for a… …
- Son battling cancer- LORD I THANK YOU for being who you are in my Family life.You are our healer, provider and protector.I ask that you touch my son’s… …
- Divine healing of Cancer- A prayer request for my 6 year old son to completely kick Cancer away. I know God can do anything. …
- Healing for my Wife- My Wife has had extreme back and leg pain for some time, she has had tests done and they have shown nothing physically wrong. It… …
- Spiritual health- Healing from depression anxiety and fear. Continued healing from breast cancer.My husband’s health and we’ll being. …
- Prayer for wisdom strength & healing- I have been diagnosed with stage 4 renal cell carsinoma. My prayer request is that God will give me wisdom and discernment and lead me… …
- My Prayers is my health&my husband health&praying for my coworkers- I pray for healing each every day I get up&I thank the lord for everything I have&my husband also for healing and my friends&family for… …
More prayers posted in: Healing