A morning prayer is a wonderful way to focus your time and attention on seeking God’s plan for the day ahead. Whether you need encouragement, peace, strength, or rest, God can meet you in a very real and present way when you come before Him with a humble heart. Seek God’s presence each morning before your energy and attention is pulled by all the tasks you have ahead.
Here are 10 helpful morning prayers to start your day:
1. “Lord, may nothing separate me from You today. Teach me how to choose only Your way today so each step will lead me closer to You. Help me walk by the Word and not my feelings. Help me to keep my heart pure and undivided. Protect me from my own careless thoughts, words, and actions. And keep me from being distracted by MY wants, MY desires, MY thoughts on how things should be. Help me to embrace what comes my way as an opportunity… rather than a personal inconvenience. And finally, help me to rest in the truth of Psalm 86:13, ‘Great is your love toward me.’ You already see the ways I will fall short and mess up. But right now, I consciously tuck Your whisper of absolute love for me into the deepest part of my heart. I recognize Your love for me is not based on my performance. You love me warts and all. That’s amazing. But what’s most amazing is that the Savior of the world would desire a few minutes with me this morning. Lord, help me to forever remember what a gift it is to sit with You like this. Amen.”
– Lysa Terkeurst
“I have set the LORD always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” – Psalm 16:8
3. “Dear Lord, I don’t know who or what will cross my path today. But I do know that You are my Rock and my Fortress. You are my Shield and my Strong Tower. Help me to anchor myself to You today. Teach me how to stand strong in You and choose only Your way today. Help me walk by Your truth and not my feelings. Help me to embrace anything that comes my way as an opportunity to see You at work and as an opportunity to point others to You. Thank You that You love me and nothing can ever take that away from me! Even if I fail today and fall short, You whisper Your unconditional love deep into my soul and remind me that Your mercies are new every morning. That truly amazes me, Lord. Thank You for meeting with me today. Would You wake me again tomorrow with the same sweet whisper of Your love? I can’t wait to meet with You again. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
– Wendy Blight
“You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You.” Isaiah 26:3
5. “Lord, grant me tenacious winsome courage as I go through this day. When I am tempted to give up, help me to keep going. Grant me a cheerful spirit when things don’t go my way. And give me courage to do whatever needs to be done. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”
– Dr. Ray Pritchard
“For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and self-discipline.” 2 Timothy 1:7
6. “Father, my heart is heavy. I feel like I have to carry the burden alone. Words like overwhelmed, distraught, exhausted seem to describe where I am. I am not sure how to let you carry my heavy load, so please show me how. Take it from me. Let me rest and be refreshed so that my heart won’t be so heavy in the morning. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”
– Ron Moore
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
7. “Dear Lord, help me remember what a difference it makes when I make time with You a priority in my morning. Awaken me in body and spirit each day with a desire to meet with You and to hear You speak words of affirmation, assurance and wisdom over my heart as I prepare to go into my day. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
– Traci Miles
“If any of your lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.” James 1:5
9. The prayer of Jabez: “Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, ‘Oh, that You would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let Your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.'” 1 Chronicles 4:10
10. “I got up early one morning
And rushed right into the day;I had so much to accomplishThat I didn’t have time to pray.Problems just tumbled about me,And heavier came each task;’Why doesn’t God help me?’ I wondered.He answered, ‘You didn’t ask.’I wanted to see joy and beautyBut the day toiled on gray and bleakI wondered why God didn’t show meHe said, ‘But you didn’t seek’,I tried to come into God’s presence;I used all my keys in the lock.God gently and lovingly chided,’My child, you didn’t knock.’I woke up early this morning,And paused before entering the day;I had so much to accomplishThat I had to take time to pray.” -Author Unknown, The Difference
Please let us know how these morning prayers have helped you in the comments below! Join our large praying community and experience the peace and joy that God freely gives each day.
For more daily encouragement, read our 30 Inspirational Quotes that will help you shine your light today!
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for GuidanceIntercessory PrayerPrayer for PeacePrayer for FaithPrayer for Love
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer, read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.
Heavenly Father, I come to You this morning to give You all the praise and honor that is due unto You alone. Thank You Lord, for Your goodness towards us all. Father, let Your presence be felt in our lives today. We give You all our cares and burdens and we trust that You will take care of us.
Psalm 16:8 – I have set the LORD always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Help us, dear Lord, to keep our minds and heart focus on You today, so we will be able to receive Your peace that surpasses all understanding.
Today, we choose joy despite of what may be going on in our lives. Lord, strengthen us in Your power and might so that we may be a blessing to others who are hurting.
Help us, dear Lord, to keep our minds and heart focus on You today Click To Tweet
Psalm 119:147 – I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in your word.
Read: The Best Way to Start Your Day: Morning Prayer With the Lord
Pulling down strongholds
Lord, we release Your cleansing blood over our minds and hearts. We declare no weapon formed or fashioned against us will prosper.
We rebuke and pull down every stronghold that seems to exalts itself against the knowledge of God and we take every thought captive to obey Christ. Cleanse us with your blood, purify us and renew a right spirit within us.
Help us to position ourselves to hear You because Your Word says Your sheep knows Your voice and we follow only that voice. Quiet the noises around us so we would know it’s You.
Read: 5 Morning Prayers To Fire-up Your Day
Psalm 86:11-12 – Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.
Overcoming Trials and Tests
Lord teach us how to worship You in the midst of our pain. Help us to understand that when these test and trials comes, it’s a testing of our faith and it’s only to make us stronger.
I pray that while we are going through these trials, that You remind us daily that you are with us. Wrap your loving arms around us, shield us and protect us from the evil one.
Thank you Lord for loving us and having the patience with us. Even when we mess up, You continue to love us and be faithful to us. Thank you Lord for your mercies and grace toward us. We love You sweet and precious Jesus.
Read: Prayer: Tear Down Strongholds
Thank you Lord for loving us and having the patience with us even when we mess up. Click To Tweet
Psalm 5:3 – In the morning, O LORD, hear my voice. In the morning I lay my needs in front of you, and I wait.
Lord, I thank You for never leaving us nor forsaking us. I declare good things, blessings, abundance, favor, opportunities are coming our way today.
And at the end of the day, You Lord will be given all praise because we know we cannot obtain these things on our own. I thank You, Father. I love you. Amen!
Philippians 4:6-7 – Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus.
Jesus Culture – In The River (feat. Kim Walker-Smith)
I am a 39 year old single mother of one beautiful daughter. I love to encourage and help people. I just want to be that person God created me to be.