Let us start by singing this glorious song which was taught and sung by Pastor Mrs. Sade Olukoya of the MFM:
All shakeable must be shaken,
All moveable keep on moving,
I’m serving a God of fire,
All shakeable must be shaken.
My glory shall not be stolen,
My glory shall not be buried,
God made me for signs & wonders,
I will shine in Jesus’ name.
Exodus 33:18: *”And he said, I beseech thee, show me thy glory.”
Psalm 57:8: *”Awake up, my glory; awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early”
Psalm 108:2: *”Arise, my glory; arise, psaltery and harp: I will arise in the morning early.”
Luke 9:32: *”Peter and his companions were very sleepy, but when they became fully awake, they saw his glory and the two men standing with him.”
Isaiah 52:1: *”Awake, awake, O Zion, clothe yourself with strength. Put on your garments of splendor, O Jerusalem, the holy city. The uncircumcised and defiled will not enter you again.”
Psalm 26:8: *”I have loved, O Lord, the beauty of thy house; and the place where thy glory dwelleth.”
Psalm 27:4: *”One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.”
1 Samuel 4:21: *”She named the child Ichabod (which means “Where is the glory?”), for she said, “Israel’s glory is gone.” She named him this because the Ark of God had been captured and because her father-in-law and husband were dead.”
1 Corinthians 15:40-41: *”There are also heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is one, and the glory of the earthly is another. 41There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.”
1. By the blood of Jesus, I ENTER the Ark of Power and Glory, I robe me with the garment of power and glory, in the name of Jesus.
2. I declare that I am a fire-brand of Jehovah, therefore every satanic garment of shame assigned to resist my calling and my glory, I rebuke you now, catch fire and burn to ashes!!! IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
3. Every filth and iniquity in my foundation preventing the manifestation of my divine glory: Be Purged by Holy Ghost Fire! Be consumed by the blood of the Lamb of God, IN JESUS’ NAME.
4. Arrows from the grave, fired to capture my glory: I AM NOT YOUR CANDIDATE! GO BACK BY FIRE!! IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
5. Strange powers that swallow glory, my life is not your candidate, therefore, DIE!!! IN JESUS’ NAME.
6. My glory, if you are sinking or fading, hear now the voice of fire: “ARISE NOW AND SHINE!!!” IN JESUS’ NAME.
7. Any dark plantation in my life that would make God declare ‘where art thou?’ BE UPROOTED AND CONSUMED BY HOLY GHOST FIRE!!! IN JESUS’ NAME.
8. O Lord, DO a GLORIOUS thing in my life before the close of this year 2010, that will make every ear that hears it to tingle, IN THE NAME OF JESUS. IN JESUS’ NAME.
9. O Ark of Glory, come into my tabernacle after the order of Obed-Edom, in Jesus’ name.
10. My Glory, My Glory, My Glory! What are u doing in the prisonyard of shame and stagnation? ARISE! B-R-E-A-K LOOSE!! JUMP OUT!!! AND MANIFEST NOW BY FIRE IN JESUS’ NAME.
11. Every handwriting of death and Ichabod against my destiny and calling, BE WIPED OFF BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS!
12. Glory of God, fertilize my destiny for testimonial fruits this year 2010, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.IN JESUS’ NAME.
13. Arrows of captivity from the grave, fired to capture my glory: I AM NOT YOUR CANDIDATE! GO BACK BY FIRE!! CAPTURE YOUR SENDERS!!! IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
14. O Sun of Righteousness, let Your glory overtake and consume every stumbling iniquity of my father’s house assigned to make me fall into shame and sorrow, IN JESUS’ NAME.
15. O Glory of the sun, arise and consume every dark arrows fired against my star, IN JESUS’ NAME.
16. O Glory of the sun, catapult me from the poverty of obscurity into kingdom stardom!!! IN JESUS’ NAME.
17. O Glory of the moon, hear me and hear me well: you shall not receed even in my night season! IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
18. I confront the strange power of Ichabod which stole the glory of my family line, with the blood of Jesus: You shall not separate me from the presence of God, therefore, RESTORE MY ANCESTRAL GLORY TO ME NOW AND DEPART BY FIRE!!! IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
19. Every spirit of Delilah assigned to sap my virtue and shave off my glory your time is up: S-C-A-T-T-E-R UNTO DESOLATION!!! IN JESUS’ NAME.
20. Expired glory of my father’s house, BE IGNITED WITH FRESH FIRE OF REVIVAL!!! IN THE NAME OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.
21. Fading glory of my family line, hear the voice of resurrection: ARISE NOW AND SHINE BY FIRE!!! IN JESUS’ NAME.
22. Arrows of Ichabod fired to stagnate and separate me from my glory, BACKFIRE!!! IN JESUS’ NAME.
23. O My Glory, hear the word of the Lord: You shall not see corruption anymore and for ever!!! IN JESUS’ NAME.
24. O Glory of God, illuminate my destiny now, in the name of Jesus. IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
25. O thou that troubleth my glory, the King of Glory shall trouble you today, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
26. My troubled glory, RECEIVE STRENGTH, ARISE AND TRIUMPH OVER YOUR TROUBLERS!!! IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
27. You the collective glory of my nation (Mention the name of your country, your city, your tribe, your community e.t.c): ARISE IN UNISON! B-R-E-A-K LOOSE AND RECOVER YOURSELF FROM THE CHAINS OF WICKEDNESS!! IN JESUS’ NAME.
28. Glory of my ancestors, buried by idolatry: BE UPROOTED BY FIRE AND LOCATE ME NOW!!! IN JESUS’ NAME.ARISE
29. Glory of my family line, swallowed by centuries of iniquities, I RECOVER YOU BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS!!!
30. You the Glory of my parents, swallowed by ignorance, hear the voice of fire: B-R-E-A-K LOOSE NOW AND RELOCATE MY DESTINY!!! IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
31. My family glory, hijacked and diverted by dark powers, B-R-E-A-K LOOSE AND OVERTAKE ME NOW!!! IN JESUS’ NAME.
32. O KING OF GLORY, Change me from glory to glory, in the name of Jesus.
33. Every Goliath defying and saying No to my glory, your time is up: DIE! DIE!! DIE!!! IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
34. By the Glory power that blinded Saul on his way to Damascus, let every eyes monitoring my life for evil GO BLIND NOW!!! IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
35. Every horn of wickedness assigned to scatter my glory, you are a liar: B-R-E-A-K TO PIECES AND RISE NO MORE!!! IN JESUS’ NAME.
36. By the unapproachable light of Jehovah, I smite every hideous agent of shame and darkness in my life with blindness and put them to stumbling flight!!! in the name of Jesus.
37. Now O Lord I bessech Thee: SHOW ME THY GLORY!!! WHEN I SEE YOUR GLORY, I SHALL NEVER SEE CORRUPTION AGAIN, THEREFORE, O LORD: SHOW ME YOUR GLORRRAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
38. O LORD MY GOD, THE STORY OF MY LIFE NEEDS A CHANGE, THEREFORE O LORD: CHANGE MY STORY TO GLORY!!! IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
39. IN THE BATTLE AGAINST POVERTY, SHAME AND REPROACH, O KING OF GLORY, FIGHT FOR ME AND GIVE ME VICTORY!!! ENLIST ME IN YOUR ARMY OF GLORY AND WRITE MY NAME IN YOUR BOOK OF GLORY IN JESUS’ NAME.
40. Every power mandated to bury my glory, your time is up! Die! Every power assigned against my day of glory, DIE!! My life, REJECT every influence of Ichabod!!! Witchcraft agenda for my glory: S-C-A-T-T-E-R!!!! Anything that needs to die for my glory to appear & shine: DIE NOW!!!!! in the name of Jesus.
GIVE GOD PRAISE AND GLORY, THANK GOD FOR ANSWERED PRAYERS
Follow us: @PRAYERSFIRE on Twitter | PRAYERS FIRE on Facebook
Do you struggle with prayer? If so, today’s post is for you. It’s going to give you the keys you need for GOD to turn your prayer life into a supernaturally-anointed flow of power encounters with Him and His glory.
- 1 Here’s the backstory:
- 2 God heard my cry. He began to teach me how to pray. Seemingly out of nowhere, I started encountering God in prayer.
- 3 Prayer was suddenly a glorious encounter, not a hard, dry task.
- 4 I couldn’t help but respond to that kind of love.
- 5 But how do you start praying if you don’t know how, or don’t feel any divine inspiration when you pray?
- 6 But first and foremost, I want you to know that prayer is just simple conversation with God. It’s enjoying the pleasure of His company.
- 7 Here are 5 prayers you can pray that will increase God’s glory on your prayer life.
- 8 1. Lord, teach me to pray.
- 9 2. Lord, pray through me and intercede for me.
- 10 This passage in Romans 8 also talks about the great mystery of travailing prayer through the Holy Spirit.
- 11 So are you ready to ask God for the Holy Spirit to pray through you and for you? Here’s an example prayer:
- 12 3. Lord, increase my capacity for prayer and for Your Word.
- 13 But my lack of capacity for prayer and the Word bothered me. A lot.
- 14 Fast forward fourteen years.
- 15 And if we are hungry for God, Jesus promised we would be filled:
- 16 4. Lord, help me remember and pray Your Word.
- 17 So do you want to fill both your prayer life AND your all-day-every-day life with the glory of God? Pray God’s Word back to Him. Here’s how:
- 18 When I pray God’s Word back to Him, I feel like I am transported into another dimension in prayer. Literally.
- 19 So are you ready to ask God to build your prayer life in this area? Here we go:
- 20 5. Lord, make me an intercessor. Use me to intercede for others.
- 21 YOU are called to be an intercessor, and intercession is incredibly fulfilling.
- 22 Those are the five prayers I prayed, asking God to build my prayer life. They are the five prayers that God has used to transform me and my prayer life.
- 23 The glory of God isn’t just a feeling, an event or an Old Testament experience—it’s a spiritual tsunami of everything contained in the character of God. The word glory is literally translated “heavy weight,” meaning the heaviest, biggest, grandest thing about someone.
Here’s the backstory:
When I first got saved, I could not pray. I just could not tolerate prayer. I had no appetite for it, no inspiration for it, and no supernatural flow in prayer. Even trying to pray was difficult; it felt like very hard work.
But I wanted to know God better. I was so hungry for Him, and I wanted to be intimate with Him.
- I wanted to pour out my heart to Him and hear Him talk back to me.
- I wanted to be His friend and have Him tell me His secrets.
- I wanted romance and intimacy with the Lord.
- I wanted to carry weight in Heaven.
I knew prayer was a huge key to that kind of relationship, but I could not pray. So in my desperation and from the desire of my heart, I cried out to the Lord for help. And He answered. (Isn’t it amazing how God helps us in our weakness?) 🙂
God heard my cry. He began to teach me how to pray. Seemingly out of nowhere, I started encountering God in prayer.
As I asked the Lord to teach me to pray, I started having an actual desire to pray. (Shocking, I know.) 😉 So I’d sit down with God, and all of a sudden words would just pour out of my heart to Him. (Usually silently, but God hears silent prayer.) 🙂
And all of a sudden, things worked. Prayer flowed. It was for very short periods at first, but it still started working! I was amazed.
There was no magic formula, but just pouring my heart out to Him brought me into such awareness of Him. I’d put my head down on my table, and I would just cry as I prayed. My prayers didn’t even last long at first, but God touched me every time.
Prayer was suddenly a glorious encounter, not a hard, dry task.
Prayer suddenly became this amazing experience in which the Father called my name, and I turned around and lifted my arms up to my Daddy for a hug, and He swept me up in His arms and hugged me tight … then just snuggled me for awhile.
It was amazing. I had never encountered God like that before. But with every encounter, He wrecked me (in the best possible way).
Over time, prayer became so enjoyable (Daddy’s hugs are so fun!) that it became my favorite thing. I was such a messed-up person in my mind and emotions, but my problems didn’t bother Papa. He loved me, and just hugged me anyway. Every time I went to pray, He rained down His glory and poured out His heart on me, even if my prayer was only for five minutes.
I couldn’t help but respond to that kind of love.
You can’t help but be changed by that kind of encounter. So I got addicted.
When I joined my local church, I started attending their intercessory prayer meetings. I learned so much from my pastor who was in charge of those meetings, and I was inspired by the other intercessors there. I wanted to pray with power, and I wanted God to use me in intercession.
So I asked God to teach me. I asked Him to make me a woman of prayer and His Word. I remember driving to and from church and just weeping in my car, begging God to turn me into an intercessor; begging Him to flow through me in prayer. I was so hungry.
Well again, over time, God answered those prayers. He has used me in prayer and intercession, and given me the desire to call others to pray. The desire of my heart right now is to call my nation to its knees, where we will turn back to God through prayer.
But how do you start praying if you don’t know how, or don’t feel any divine inspiration when you pray?
It’s easy. You just pour out your heart to God, and ask Him to help you.
God can and will turn you into a mighty man or woman of prayer if you ask, and there are five specific prayers below that will help you ask. Praying these prayers will give God permission to flow through you in prayer.
But first and foremost, I want you to know that prayer is just simple conversation with God. It’s enjoying the pleasure of His company.
“Prayer” is you pouring out your heart to your Father who loves you, and hearing from Him about it. He knows you intimately. He cares about the minutia of your life, and He wants to hear all about it. And when you talk with Him, He will talk back. Every time.
But it’s ok to put the heavy lifting on God.
Yes, you have to decide to come away with Him and talk with Him, just like you would any other person you want to spend time with. But you don’t have to conjure up some kind of big weighty prayer life. No; just ask God to build you and your prayer life. Let Him do it. And as you ask, He will answer. He will build you a prayer life that is filled with power and glory.
So without further ado …
Here are 5 prayers you can pray that will increase God’s glory on your prayer life.
(And by the way, I made you a free, printable bookmark of today’s infographic! Download a copy here: 5 Prayers To Increase God’s Glory On Your Prayer Life free printable bookmark.)
1. Lord, teach me to pray.
Jesus is an amazing Man of prayer. During His ministry on earth, He would spend entire nights in prayer (see Luke 6:12 for one example). He prayed all the time, and His prayers were a two-way conversation with God, in which God actually talked back. (Again, that’s how all prayer should be–simple communion with our Daddy who loves us and is speaking ALL. THE. TIME. It’s enjoying the pleasure of His company.) 🙂
Well, the disciples saw Jesus praying. They decided they wanted to be like Him. (I don’t blame them; do you?) So they asked Jesus to teach them to pray:
Now it came to pass, as He was praying in a certain place, when He ceased, that one of His disciples said to Him, ‘Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.’ So He said to them, ‘When you pray, say:
Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins, For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one’” (Luke 11:1-4).
Now, my point isn’t that we should always repeat these exact words, although we certainly should pray this prayer a lot; it’s an awesome prayer!
But my purpose here is to show that Jesus answered the disciples’ request right away. He taught them to pray when they asked. Likewise, if Jesus taught the disciples how to pray when they asked, He will definitely teach you and me how to pray when we ask!
So why not ask God right now to teach you how to pray? Here’s how:
Heavenly Father, I come before You in Jesus’ name. Thank You, Father, for Your word. Thank You for giving me the disciples’ example. Thank You for showing me that it’s okay to ask You for help, even in this basic area of knowing how to pray.
Father, I feel like I don’t know how to pray. And I can’t pray without Your help anyway, because Your Word says that without You I can do nothing (John 15:5). So Father, please teach me how to pray. Call me to prayer, and help me to answer. Make me a person of prayer like Jesus is, who ever lives to make intercession for me.
Thank You, Father, for hearing and answering my prayer. In Jesus’ name, amen.
As the Lord teaches you how to pray, you will begin to feel Him drawing you into prayer. Each time you answer His call, you will notice Him helping you pray, and you’ll notice that you entered deeper into encounter with Him than you could before. That’s God Himself teaching you. So be sure to answer when He calls… you won’t want to miss out on what He has for you each time!
2. Lord, pray through me and intercede for me.
God is so good. We literally cannot pray without His help, and even if we try, we don’t know what to say or ask for. But did you know that God Himself has promised to pray through us and intercede for us?
Romans 8 tells us:
Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God” (Romans 8:26-27).
The Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. I’ve found that when I ask Him, He will literally pray through me. It’s like He gives me the words, the passion, and the unction to pray, and they just flow out of my spirit to Him.
When the Holy Spirit helps you pray like that, you notice. You know that it wasn’t you praying those prayers. You notice that there’s a power and glory in your praying that wasn’t there before. You also know that the Holy Spirit is translating anything you may pray imperfectly into perfect prayers in God’s ears. He’s just promised to do that.
This passage in Romans 8 also talks about the great mystery of travailing prayer through the Holy Spirit.
There IS actually a kind of prayer that comes out as actual moaning and groaning. It’s commonly referred to as travail or travailing prayer.
This kind of prayer isn’t something you can ever conjure up just because you want to. (And you shouldn’t just start moaning and groaning randomly; this is truly a work of the Holy Spirit.)
Travailing prayer is something the Holy Spirit divinely chooses to use you for at certain times. When He chooses to use you in this way, you will enter so deeply into prayer that the agony of your spirit–agony of longing for Him or agony of love and burden for someone else–can only be expressed without words.
This has happened to me several times, and I wish it happened more. (I need to pray for God to use me in this area. Talk about glory! It’s intense.) But anyway, travailing prayer feels very much like you are giving birth in the spirit realm. And whenever it happens, it gets incredible results.
So are you ready to ask God for the Holy Spirit to pray through you and for you? Here’s an example prayer:
“Heavenly Father, in Jesus’ name, I thank You for Your promise to help me pray. Father, I ask in Jesus’ name that the Holy Spirit would help me pray. I ask that He would pray through me and for me, and that You would give me Your prayers to pray back to You so that Your perfect will can be done.
And Father, I ask in Jesus’ name that You would use me in travailing prayer. I ask that the Holy Spirit would pray through me with moanings and groanings which cannot be uttered. And I know that You who search the hearts will know what the mind of the Spirit is, for He makes intercession for the saints according to God’s perfect will.
Thank You, Father. Thank You for hearing and answering my prayer. Thank You for praying through me and for me. In Jesus’ name, amen.”
I ask God that the Holy Spirit would pray through me and for me every time I go to pray. If I don’t, my prayer time can be dry and shallow. But the instant I ask the Holy Spirit to pray through me and intercede for me, woah! Instant depth, instant flow, and instant encounter with the Father.
‘Nuff said. Ready for Prayer #3?
3. Lord, increase my capacity for prayer and for Your Word.
How many of you know that little bitty children can’t eat anywhere near as much as an adult can? We aren’t born with the capacity to eat big meals. It takes time and growth to be able to handle much food.
Well, growing in prayer works the same way. We don’t start out with a huge capacity for prayer or for studying the Bible. If you’re anything like I was, you start out with almost no capacity.
Seriously. I’m not joking. After I first got saved, I would read about two verses in the Bible each morning, and that was all I could handle. I’d pray over those two verses and ask God to help me do whatever those verses talked about. But that was all the capacity I had.
But my lack of capacity for prayer and the Word bothered me. A lot.
I was so hungry for more. I wanted God–my Father Himself. I was desperate for Him.
So I began to ask God to increase my capacity for prayer and the Word. And you know what? He answered.
Little by little, I started reading and absorbing more Scripture. Little by little, my prayer time increased from two minutes to five minutes. I remember clearly the day when I set a goal to pray (looking at my watch!) for ten whole minutes. And it wasn’t easy! But God helped me pray for those ten minutes, and He kept on helping me day after day after day.
Fast forward fourteen years.
I’m still asking God to increase my capacity for prayer and the Word, but He’s already done a marvelous work. There’s nothing I love more than being alone with God in prayer and the Word, and I spend as much time with Him as I possibly can, every day.
THAT, my friend, is a testimony to God’s grace and answered prayer. I never could have forced myself to enjoy prayer. I could not have made myself love or absorb the Word of God. The Bible tells us that the natural man cannot receive spiritual things; we need God’s help to eat from His table!
But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned” (1 Corinthians 2:14).
The things of God are spiritually discerned, and only God can help us learn, digest, and absorb them. But if we ask, He will give us His divine empowerment to seek Him in prayer. He will give us the desire, hunger, inspiration, and motivation we need.
And if we are hungry for God, Jesus promised we would be filled:
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled” (Matthew 5:6).
So are you ready to pray? Pray this with me:
“Heavenly Father, I come before You in Jesus’ name.
Father, I thank You for promising to help me with everything I need. Lord, I confess to You that without You I can do nothing. Nevertheless, You have promised that I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13), and that Your strength is made perfect in my weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9). Thank You, Father, that Your strength and power are working in me right now.
Father, I desire more of You. I long to know You better. I want to be so, so, so close to You; closer than I’ve ever been before.
And Father, I know that in order to grow closer to You, I need to spend more time with You. I want to seek You, Lord; and for that, I need more hunger. So please help me. Help me to hunger and thirst for You and for Your righteousness. Help me to be so motivated to seek You, and so inspired to get alone with You, that I run to You and to Your company all the time.
Father, in Jesus’ name, please increase my capacity to seek You. Increase my capacity to know You. Increase my capacity for prayer, and for studying Your Word. Help me to receive Your love, and to love You back; give me a heart for intimacy with You like Jesus has.
Father, I ask in Jesus’ name that You would help me to seek You out on purpose. Please help me to get alone with You every day, and I pray that You would help me to enjoy our time together more than any other thing. Help me to enter deeply into awareness of Your presence every moment of every day. There’s nothing more enjoyable than the pleasure of Your company, and I thank You for being with me always.
Thank You, Father. I love You. Thank You for hearing and answering my prayer.
In Jesus’ name, amen.”
God will answer that prayer and do a marvelous work in your life, every time. His heart longs for intimacy with you just like yours longs for Him. So prepare to have your capacity for Him increased, my friend. The Holy Spirit–the Hound of Heaven–is coming to your rescue right now.
4. Lord, help me remember and pray Your Word.
As I discussed here in How To Get Your Prayers Answered 100% Of The Time, the Word of God is our best vocabulary for the most effective prayer.
This means that God’s Word contains His highest and best will for our lives. So if we read the Word of God, so we never have to wonder what to pray for. What God wants for us is spelled out perfectly within the pages of His Word.
So do you want to fill both your prayer life AND your all-day-every-day life with the glory of God? Pray God’s Word back to Him. Here’s how:
Pick any Scripture passage to which the Lord leads you. As an example, I’m going to use Ephesians 1:17-20, which says:
… that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened;
that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places” (Ephesians 1:17-20).
Wow! That’s a power-packed passage for sure. If you were praying through this passage, you would just ask God to make each of these points reality in your life. You would ask Him:
- that He would fill you with His glory, since He is the Father of glory and His Holy Spirit dwells in you;
- that He would give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him;
- that the eyes of your understanding would be enlightened;
- that He would fill you with His hope;
- that you would know the HOPE of His calling deeply and intimately in your heart and spirit;
- that you would know the riches of His glory in all God’s people;
- that you would know, become familiar with, and experience the exceeding greatness of His power working in you, since you do believe in Him;
- and then you would thank Him for Jesus, and stop and adore Jesus awhile (Who is seated at the right hand of God in heavenly places).
Make sense? If you pray through the Scripture passage above and mean it, I guarantee God will touch you. This is, after all, His best plan for your life–that you would be one with Him through Christ and filled with His Spirit, power, and glory.
When I pray God’s Word back to Him, I feel like I am transported into another dimension in prayer. Literally.
Often, when I pray His Word, sometimes I actually feel physically in my body like I am lifted up off the earth into another, higher dimension with Him. It’s awesome. If you learn to pray God’s Word too, He will show you what I mean. 🙂
The Word of God transcends time and space, and using God’s words as your vocabulary for prayer will transport you into newer, deeper, and more powerful encounters with Him every single time.
So are you ready to ask God to build your prayer life in this area? Here we go:
Heavenly Father, I come before You in Jesus’ name.
Father, I thank You that Jesus is Your Word become flesh (John 1:14). You love Your Word so much that You sent Him to die for me. Somehow Jesus and Your Word, the Bible, are the same thing; and You have magnified Your Word even above Your name (Psalm 138:2).
Father, I confess that Your Word is perfect. Your words change and convert my soul, conforming me to Yourself. Your testimonies are sure, and You use Your Word to make me wise. Your principles are 100% right in every area, and they make my heart rejoice.
Your commandments are pure, enlightening my eyes. Your judgments are always true and righteous altogether.
Father God, I confess that Your Word is more to be desired than gold or any other fine thing. Your Word is sweeter than honey and honeycomb. It is my food and drink. Your Word teaches me and instructs me concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie. And Your Word carries with it great reward (Psalm 19:7-11). Thank You, Father.
So Father, because I desire Your highest and best for my life–and because I desire to grow as close to You as I can possibly be–I ask right now in Jesus’ name that You would help me embrace Your Word in my prayer life. Lord, help me to study and obey Your Word. Help me to remember it, and teach me how to pray it back to You.
I pray that, every time I go to read my Bible, You would pour out on me Your spirit of grace and supplication. Inspire me to pray Your words back to You as I read. Grip my heart with Your Word, and sear it into my heart like a brand. I pray that You would forever change the very fibre of my being to match Your Word. Word of God in, Word of God out; so help me to absorb Your Word and pray it back to You in every area.
And Father, as You lead me and help me, I ask You to make me a doer of Your Word, and not a hearer only. Make me like You, and conform me to the image of Christ as I seek You and honor Your Word in all things.
Thank You, Father, for hearing and answering my prayer. In Jesus’ name, amen.
5. Lord, make me an intercessor. Use me to intercede for others.
You will never be more like Jesus than when you intercede for someone else. Jesus Christ came to earth, lived, died, and rose again as the Great Intercessor for mankind. He gave His life as a ransom for many. And because we are all called to be like Jesus, we are ALL called to become intercessors.
I taught a seminar to my church’s prophetic team about the ministry of intercession recently. The seminar contained three messages:
- The Call Of Intercession: How to answer the call, intercede with power, and become more like Jesus (the Ultimate Intercessor);
- The Challenge Of Intercession: What you can gain through intercession, and 7 ways to gain it with dramatic results; and
- The Cost and Crown Of Intercession: About the reward God will give you for the seeds you sow in intercession. This message contains stories of revivals past, present, and future, and how God used and will use prayer to release His Kingdom on earth.
If you haven’t already heard these three messages, I strongly encourage you to download the MP3s TODAY. They are collectively THE most powerful sermons I have ever preached, and God really sat down on them. The MP3s are only $4 apiece (and they are worth much more than that as far as anointing and inspiration go), and you can download them instantly here at my Gumroad store.
YOU are called to be an intercessor, and intercession is incredibly fulfilling.
Intercession will conform you to the image of Christ. Intercession will bring the glory of God down on you every time. If you want to know more, get the MP3s. 🙂
Are you ready to ask God to make you an intercessor? Pray this:
Heavenly Father, I come before You in Jesus’ name. I love You, Papa God. Thank You for loving me and saving me.
Father, I know You sent Jesus to earth to become an intercessor for me. And Your Word says that Jesus ever lives to make intercession for us (Hebrews 7:25).
Father, I desire to become just like Jesus in every way. I want to conform to the image of Christ. I want to look like Jesus, smell like Jesus, talk like Jesus, act like Jesus, and live like Jesus. I desire earnestly that Christ would be formed in me.
Abba Father, I want Jesus to have His inheritance (Isaiah 53:11-12). Jesus suffered so much, Lord, and I could never thank Him enough. But I do want to work in Your harvest field. I want to help bring Jesus everything He bought and paid for with His blood.
So Father, in the name of Jesus, please fling me out as a laborer into Your harvest fields of intercession. Teach me how to intercede. Make me an intercessor like You desire me to be. Show me how to pray. Teach me how to see people the way You see them. Give me Your eyes and Your heart in every situation. Teach me how to love people like You love them, and use me to intercede and bring Jesus more of His inheritance.
Thank You, Father, for hearing and answering my prayer. I give You all the praise and all the glory. In Jesus’ name, amen.
The one thing we know the Father commanded Jesus to pray for was that the nations would be delivered into His hands (Psalm 2:8). Likewise, the great prayer request of Jesus was that we should pray the Lord of the Harvest to fling out laborers into His harvest (Matthew 9:38).
As an intercessor, you are a laborer in God’s harvest. And for that reason, God will never say no if you will ask Him to use you in intercession. Intercession is His will for every man, woman, and child.
Those are the five prayers I prayed, asking God to build my prayer life. They are the five prayers that God has used to transform me and my prayer life.
And they are five prayers God will answer to build your prayer life too. If you will pray and ask for Father’s help, He will fill your life AND your prayers with His glory.
I’ll finish with this parting Scripture:
Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, to order it and establish it with judgment and justice
From that time forward, even forever.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this” (Isaiah 9:7, emphasis mine).
Ask God for help, and He will answer you. He’ll increase His Kingdom and glory in your life because of His own love for Jesus and His own zeal for His glory. May you seek Him and be filled with His glory in your life in every area through prayer!
Does this message speak to you and encourage your heart? Do these prayers resonate with you? If so, please leave a comment below and let me know. Hearing from you makes my day!
The glory of God isn’t just a feeling, an event or an Old Testament experience—it’s a spiritual tsunami of everything contained in the character of God. The word glory is literally translated “heavy weight,” meaning the heaviest, biggest, grandest thing about someone.
It has been called the manifested presence of God, but more than just a presence, it’s power. The kind of power that resurrects, delivers, overcomes and transforms. It is greater and stronger than any other power in existence. And it belongs to us.
Yet, maybe you feel like the glory of God is untouchable, unreachable. Maybe you think of the manifestation of the glory of God as something reserved for special church services or an extraordinary circumstance. All the while, though, you long to see the power of God manifest in your life, your church and your country.
But did you know that the glory of God is available to you 24/7? It’s built-in. That’s how God designed it—it’s how He designed you. Because you were born of God (John 1:13), that glory is inside you right now! All things that the Father has—including His glory—belong to you. This means His glory isn’t too far out of reach. It’s right within your grasp!
Below are four ways you can tap into the glory of God by faith.
Look for the Glory
“But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God.” –Acts 7:55, NKJV
If we aren’t expecting to see the glory of God, we probably won’t. Just like anything in the kingdom of God, it takes faith to see a manifestation. The glory of God is a visible power. In the Old Testament, the glory appeared as a cloud, smoke or fire. This visible power is also known as Shekinah glory, which is the Hebrew name given to the presence of God dwelling on the earth.
The nation of Israel saw the glory when God came down to meet them on Mount Sinai. Exodus 24:17 (KJV) says, “The sight of the glory of the Lord was like devouring fire on the top of the mount.”
The prophet Habakkuk got a glimpse of that fiery glory, too. He described it as like the sun, blazing in the sky: “His brightness was as the light; he had horns coming out of his hand: and there was the hiding of his power” (Habakkuk 3:4, KJV).
The same glory that raised Jesus from the dead was manifested as fire by night and a cloud by day in the wilderness (Exodus 13:21). This same glory separated Israel and the land of Goshen from the rest of Egypt when there was light in the land of Goshen, but not in Egypt (Exodus 10:23). What was that light? The glory. The glory of God’s presence.
Can we see those same physical manifestations of God’s glory today? Yes!
There are countless testimonies of individuals and groups of believers having seen visible evidence of God’s glory. During his preaching days, Brother Kenneth E. Hagin compiled a list of every scripture in the Bible about the glory. When he would read them aloud in a service, the glory would appear like a cloud or a wave, and people would fall on the floor under that power, or rush to the altar to get saved. It is tangible and it is powerful! So, start expecting to see the glory of the Lord!
Get a list of scriptures about the glory of God here.
Pray for the Glory
“For I consider the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.” –Romans 8:18, NKJV
How do you pray for the glory of God? First, pray that the glory will be revealed to you and in you. You can see and experience the glory of God, but you must diligently ask and seek for it to be revealed. When we pray the glory into the earth, miracles, signs and wonders will occur in the Church and in our own personal lives.
When Moses saw the glory of God, he asked, saying, “Please, show me Your glory” (Exodus 33:18, NKJV). When believers gathered together in a spirit of unity, seeking the Lord, the glory appeared in the upper room on the Day of Pentecost, and sat on the head of each person there (Acts 2:1-4).
Each born-again believer has the ability to manifest God’s glory here on earth, but we must believe when we pray. That’s why Jesus told Martha that if she would believe, she would see the glory of God (John 11:40).
Finally, pray Ephesians 1:17-18—that you would know the hope of His calling, which is the hope of His glory. Pray that you will understand the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints. When we inherited Him, glory was deposited in us, but we have to receive revelation of what it means to walk in that glory.
Prepare for the Glory
“…the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.” –Romans 5:5, NKJV
Did you know there are degrees of the glory? If you want to experience the fullness of God’s glory, you must prepare your spirit.
How? By walking in love. It takes faith to receive and operate in the glory—and faith works by love (Galatians 5:6). That means the glory of God will increase in you in direct proportion to how you walk in love.
So, to increase the amount of the glory in your life, you must walk in love. Put simply—more love, more glory. The spirit of strife and division is always there, lurking and looking for an opening and a way into your life. Never, ever let your love guard down! Then you are on your way to being filled with the glory!
Walk in the Glory
“But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.” –2 Corinthians 3:18, NKJV
The glory of God looks for a dwelling place. The original house for the glory of God was the tabernacle. But under the New Covenant, the Holy Spirit builds a temple in every believer. First Corinthians 3:16 says, “Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?” (NKJV). We are God’s house—His temple. Only, this temple is no longer in a fixed location. This house can walk and talk and preach the gospel!
Now, it’s one thing to have the glory, but it’s another to know how to walk in it. The good news? You have everything you need inside you to do so.
When the believers experienced the glory of God at Pentecost, they didn’t just go back to living normal lives. They emerged from that place as separate from the rest of the world and as light in the midst of darkness. They went out and started turning the world upside down for Jesus. They preached the gospel; and worked miracles, signs and wonders; and the Lord added to the Church daily those who were being saved (Acts 2:47). That’s the glory we need to be operating in!
The early Christians were no different than Christians today. But here’s the key: Those first believers received the same Spirit you did when you got saved and baptized with the Holy Ghost. Christians today are carriers of God’s glory just as surely as they were!
Want to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit? Click here.
When you walk in the glory of God, you have a fire in you that the devil cannot withstand. We are told to put on the armor of God, which includes the shoes of the glorious gospel of peace (Ephesians 6:15). There’s glory in your feet! That’s what gives you the power to walk on Satan. That’s why the only thing the devil is to the Church is a footstool.
Start practicing these four ways to tap into God’s glory by looking, praying, preparing and walking, and watch the glory of God be revealed in you! Don’t live without understanding God’s glory and what it means to your life. Start saying by faith right now: “The glory is in me! I receive it! I’m walking in it!” Get more God-inside minded, and start acting like a temple of the Lord of glory today!
© 1997 – 2019 Eagle Mountain International Church Inc. Aka Kenneth Copeland Ministries. All Rights Reserved.