Image of person kneeling at the cross
Yesterday was my Mother-in-Law’s 90th birthday. She is doing very well for being 90. She walks better than I do and her mind is still active and pretty sharp.
Mel and I took her out for dinner last night to celebrate her special day. We took her to Cracker Barrel because there are lots of veggies for her to choose from as well as soups.
Esther is a lady that truly loves the Lord and I know where she will be heading when her life is over here. She has had a long life, but not all of us are granted 90 years here on earth. My own parents only lived until they were 67 and then passed. I won’t see them again until I see them in heaven. Continue reading “Wednesday, May 4, 2017, My Prayer for Today”
“Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” –Romans 12:2
The nation cannot afford a sidelined church, taken out by worldliness and confusion. The Apostle Paul commands believers to allow ourselves no longer to be conformed by worldly patterns, but rather to be transformed by the renewing of our minds. Only then we will understand the will of God, not just for our own lives, but so that we can be a prophetic voice to our nation. Sometimes the best way to pray for our nation is to pray for revival in the church!
Pray for a transformation in the church through a renewing of our minds through the Word of God.
Ask the Lord for the church to rise up with a strong prophetic voice for America.
Lord, forgive us, Your people, for our timidity, worldliness, and failure to be the light and salt that our nation desperately needs. Transform us! May Your Word bring lasting change to our minds and lifestyles. Help us then to speak with boldness as we understand more and more of Your will. Help us not so much to seek political power as to seek to speak Your wisdom into political situations.
Adapted from Desperate for Change by Dr. David Butts, PrayerShop Publishing, 2012. The full devotional is available for purchase at www.prayershop.org
PRAYER POINTS FOR REVIVAL
August 3, 2011 by prayerunlimited
SOME PRAYER POINTS FOR REVIVAL
- Repent of sins you have committed. Repent on behalf of the body of Christ and his servants.
- Ask the lord to revive you, to visit you in a new way, to pour his spirit upon you, to break harness of sin in your life and to take over your life
- Ask the lord to forgive you for disobeying his commands, first being not loving Him with all your heart, soul, mind and strength.
- Ask the lord to heal our land
- Pray for a spirit of repentance upon God’s people
- Ask the lord to send the purging fire of revival in your heart, then to the church of Jesus Christ in your area/city/nation(s)
- Labour as you pray for God’s revival fire to sweep over the land
- Pray that God will establish righteousness
- Ask the lord to uproot and burn the bad roots that produce bad fruits in our lives
- Pray for Godly leaders to be elected in public offices at every level. Ask the lord to root out those who use wicked powers to sustain themselves in power
- Ask God to remove wicked rulers
- Ask the lord to break Satan’s hold on government and that righteous rule shall be established
- Pray that God’s will shall be established in our generation
- Ask the lord to visit the ancient gates that have stood against his decrees in the land and destroy them
- Ask the lord to pour his spirit upon the young, the old and even the maid servants as per his word in Joel 2:28
- Ask God to shake every desert and wilderness facing the church
- That the gates of our cities, towns, nations etc shall be opened for the king of glory to enter. Ask the lord to repair the gates of the church by his holy spirit:
The valley gate
The gate of the fountain (representing flow of the Holy Spirit)
Sheep gate (representing apostolic ministry)
Fish gate (representing evangelism ministry)
Old gate (moves of the past)
Dung gate (deliverance ministry)
Water gate (preaching and teaching)
East gate (representing the glory of God)
- Pray that these gates shall be opened continually to receive his blessings
- Ask the lord to destroy demonic foundations laid in our villages, families, towns, cities and nations
- That the lord shall silence altars that speak against his children day and night
- For the lord to crush powers, authorities, principalities, rulers and wicked spirits in the heavenlies, earth and the sea which wage war against the church
- Pray that many shall receive Christ as lord
- Ask the lord to raise a victorious army to stand in the gap in our generation, a people who shall call upon him day and night