VIEW YOUR BOOKMARKS Login/Register to retain your bookmarks
I wrote this prayer with thoughts of our precious daughters. How they are to endure the tough responsibilities as women. And, as children, how we are to mold them through the hands of our Lord Jesus, to be great women of God.
Heavenly Father, thank You for the beautiful gift of our children, and especially our daughter(s) and granddaughter(s). They are so beautiful and bright, so precious in our lives, and wonderful in Your sight.
Psalm 22:10 From birth I was cast upon you, from my mother’s womb You have been my God.
Psalm 139 : 13-14 For You created my inmost being, You knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made, Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Praying to be great parents
Father, we pray and ask that we be great parents to help them. Guide our steps so we can parent them with courage, grace, wisdom, and selfless love.
Above all, help us to guide and build in them a great love for You, their God that they would abide by Your Holy Word.
Help us rejoice in the woman they’re becoming and trust Your vision for them.
Numbers 6: 24 – 26 The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you, the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.
Offering up my daughter (and granddaughter) to the Lord
Lord Jesus Christ, we call upon Your blessed name, Lord and offer up our precious daughter(s) and granddaughter(s). As they light up the universe, may they radiate You in everything they become, far and wide over the world.
Lord, we ask You to fill them with Your love, so deep that they crave for the comfort of the presence of the Holy Spirit, over fame and attention of the world.
May they revere You, follow Your guide and Your commandments. May they set the principles of the word of God in their hearts and minds, and fear God in all things.
Blessing my daughter in her studies
As they go through school and their academic achievements, be present daily Lord Jesus, in their hearts and guide their mind.
Help them focus on their studies and let go of all other influences that lead them towards the ways of the world.
May they, in every way, take their academic achievements seriously and be good and useful daughters towards home, society and country.
As they go through school, be present daily Lord Jesus, in their hearts and guide their mind. Click To Tweet
Joshua 1:9 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
Protect my daughter from the flesh
Help them, Lord Jesus, in an ever-changing world. This world is so filled with all kinds of dangers and impurities, lust and lewdness of flesh.
In their growing age, help them to respect their own bodies as the temple of the Holy Spirit.
Help them to recognize the voice of evil and conquer it with strength, courage, truth and obedience to You, Lord, and us as their loved ones.
Surround them with godly friends. When they are weak, let their friends be strong and build them up.
Protect them with Your angels, safeguard them and help them discern right from wrong, good versus evil. Let them stand on Your spiritual shoulders and bravely serve Your purpose in all their endeavors.
Protect my daughters with Your angels, safeguard them and help them discern right from wrong. Click To Tweet
Give my daughter strength to withstand
Lord Jesus, in their growing needs in academics, career, dating, relationships, and other matters, make Your plan apparent to them.
Give them a tender heart and a thick skin to withstand and stay resilient to the world’s negativity, criticism, and judgement, yet never lose their love and hope for mankind.
Help them hear and heed Your call for them. Fill them with Your wisdom, truth, and light so their choices honor You, Lord.
If there comes a time they mess up, when they fall, when they feel helpless or discouraged, restore them with Your grace.
Let Your presence, Lord Jesus, be unmistakable. Help them embrace their weaknesses as opportunities for You to shine and bring You glory and praise.
Jeremiah 31: 3 I have loved you with an everlasting love, I have drawn you with loving kindness.
Bless our relationship with them
Lord, we love You above all. Thank You for Your everlasting love. We love our daughter(s), granddaughter(s) with all our hearts, mind, and soul, with an everlasting love too. We would lay down our lives for them anytime, anyplace.
Please bless our relationship and keep our connection strong.
One day, when we’re past the trials of childhood, adolescence and adulthood, we pray that we’ll joyfully call ourselves the best of friends.
We pray we raise daughter(s) to bring glory to God, in Your blessed name, Lord Jesus, Amen!
My LORD JESUS, My Rock, My Fortress AMEN! Geevetha Mary Samuel is a working, widowed mother of 4 wonderful young adults.
Prayer Requests: Post Your Own “Prayers”
If you’d like, in addition to the comments below, you can post your prayer below so the ChristiansTT community can help pray with you. You can use this option, in addition to the comments below, if you think your request or prayer is long enough…
Rules for Posting: All accepted prayers will be posted publicly on this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web. Please use proper spelling and grammar as much as possible and don’t use ALL CAPS. If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
SUBMIT AN ONLINE PRAYER OR PRAYER REQUEST
Dear Clover (age 7) and Mattie (age 2),
From the moment you were born (even before then) I have prayed God’s deepest blessing on your life.
As you grow into a woman, I pray the following for you:
- That you will always know, no matter what, that God loves you and will always walk through life with you
- That you will always know, no matter what, that you are God’s beloved daughter and that he will never give up on you
- That you will always lean into the God who leans into you
- That you will hear the invitation of Jesus, first given to you in your baptism, to follow him into wise, compassionate womanhood
- That you will always know the grace of this truth: You can’t do everything…but you have been created to do some things very well
- That you will constantly be attuned to the one voice…the voice of Jesus…and follow that voice, rather than the many, many voices that will pull you in too many directions
- That you will use and develop the amazing gift of your brain by studying hard and learning all you can, using your growing knowledge wisely
- That you will learn the importance of good work, fun play, and deep rest
- That you will commit yourself to taking care of yourself physically
- That you will choose your friends wisely–choosing friends who bring out the best in you as you bring out the best in them
- That you would learn to respect yourself and treat others with respect as well
- That, should you marry, you will marry a man who shares your faith and heart; that you will have a marriage of mutual vision and respect, and that your marriage will be as fulfilling as mine is to grandma
- That God will even now begin to prepare the heart of your future husband for a lifetime partnership with you (and he may or may not yet be alive!)
- That you will stay connected to a caring faith community, serve and support the pastor and staff, and do your part in carrying out its mission (unless of course God calls you to be a pastor—then may you enjoy pastoral ministry as much as I have!)
- That you will grow to be a woman of lavish generosity
- That I will live up to my call as your grandpa: To be a good man in your life!
I love you with all my heart!