Sometimes we have dark periods in our life, when we feel totally lost. We feel that we are sinners and even can’t dream about asking God for His mercy. But our God is merciful and loving and one of the biggest sins is to hesitate and deny His mercy. We can’t hesitate in Divine mercy even in situations when we have committed a mortal sin. God mercy is boundless. We need to say divine mercy prayer with the deep faith in our hearts and ask “Lord, have forgiveness and mercy on me!” And we will receive His mercy and forgiveness answer, also peace to our hearts.
Divine Mercy Prayer
Oh God of all mercy, I pray you today for mercy over my life, family, ministry, career. I walk with you, let your sure mercy surround me. Do not leave me to myself, Lord let your mercy frees me out of every tight situation. Lord, have mercy on me a sinner. In Jesus name, Amen.
Bible says in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him”. So we don’t need to hesitate on God’s intentions regarding us. He gave to us the biggest gift – His Son to save us from death and to give us eternal life. We need to recognize that we are only weak people, who can’t stay on the right way without the help and support of God. We never deserve God’s mercy as our nature is sinful, but we must never stop believing and praying divine mercy prayer.
Why we Need to Pray “Lord, have Forgiveness and Mercy on Me”?
Divine mercy prayer is a prayer that every believer should pray since we are not perfect beings and need for God’s support and mercy in any situation.
“Oh satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days” (Psalm 90: 14).
God mercy is crucial to our salvation as Ephesians 2:4-6 say “But God who is rich in mercy, for his great love, wherewith he loved us….”. So the divine mercy and forgiveness are an essential part of our walk with God, we can’t rely only on ourselves and our efforts.
Believing in God’s mercy and asking for it is the only way to reach the eternal life. We must to live according God’s will. Jude 1:21 says, “Keep yourself in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ into eternal life”. You’d love to daily pray for mercy as a believer.
There are a number of circumstances where we need the divine mercy prayer
One of such occasions is when we sin against God. Bible says, if we cover our sins, we shall not prosper. By confessing our sins and saying prayer for mercy forgiveness comes. As much as sin is not a lifestyle for the believer, but the Bible says “if” we sin, there is a place for mercy, (not because we deserve forgiveness, but because He is all merciful and that we may fear Him). Psalm 130:4 says, “But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared”.
David in Psalms 51:1 prayed (after committing the sin of adultery and murder) “Have mercy upon me, o God according to thy loving kindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions”.
Also, we say the divine mercy prayer during challenging times. At such times when even our good works cannot save us, we cry for mercy. “The troubles of my heart are enlarged; bring me out of my distresses” (Psalms 25:17).
David prayed for God’s mercy several times when he was afflicted and troubled by king Saul, and the above psalm was one of such times, and in all of these hard times, the Lord God showed him mercy and bailed him out.
Daily prayer points for mercy and forgiveness
- Prayer to God for forgiveness of sins
- Pray for forgiving others
- Prayer to forgive for yourself
Noteworthy is the fact that the prayer of divine mercy is a prayer for the “weak” and not the “strong”. We know fully well that outside of God, we are just nothing, there are no strong people, His strength is perfect in our weakness. For folks who are not ‘all-powerful’, (nobody is all-powerful but God) we have learned how to draw strength from God always. “Have mercy upon me O LORD, for I am weak; O Lord, heal me, for my bones are vexed” (Psalms 6:2).
So ask God for mercy daily, knowing well that each day you live is just gift by His mercy. Lamentations 3:22 says, ”It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed…” There are no achievers in the kingdom, we are all receivers. A cry for mercy God will not deny.
Also read: GOD HELP ME! Dealing with Hopeless Situations
A Prayer for God’s Favor
Psalm 103, Psalm 112
Reflections of the Heart:
God’s favor can open doors that cannot be shut and usher in opportunities that otherwise would be inaccessible. What areas in your life do you need God’s favor? Take those needs to Him in prayer and expect His favor to surround you like a shield!
Father, You are the Most High God, the only true and living God. You are excellent in all of Your ways. You reign in heaven and on earth. The heavens are Your throne and the earth is Your footstool. There is no searching Your understanding. Lord, You are good and Your mercy endures forever. You are the great I Am, the Everlasting Father, a Mighty God, the Prince of Peace and a Wonderful Counselor. You are our creator, redeemer, savior, and sustainer. We give thanks to You for You are faithful even when we have been faithless. We thank You for Your word which gives us light and understanding. We thank You for giving us all things that pertain to life and godliness and for giving us all spiritual blessings in heavenly places. We exalt You, Lord God, and we bless Your Name.
Father, as a Church Family, we confess that we will stand on Your word and proclaim Your truth. We declare that Your word is a lamp to our feet and a light unto our path. You are the potter and we are the clay. We confess that we will surrender to Your will. Lord, it is Your will that we live life abundantly. Therefore by faith, we confess that we will walk by faith and not by sight as we trust in Your precious promises. We declare that as we bind mercy and truth around our necks and write them on our hearts; we will have favor in Your sight and in the sight of man. We believe that You will supply all of our needs, so that we will be all that You have called us to be. We declare that while many may seek the rulers favor, we will seek Your favor. Every man’s judgment comes from You and every good and perfect gift comes from above. Lord, we trust and believe that no good thing will be withheld from us as we walk uprightly before You.
Holy Spirit, help me to see the opportunities that the Father has placed before me. Record what He reveals to you:
Father, please show us Your ways, teach us Your paths and lead us in truth. Holy Spirit, please motivate and inspire us as we meditate in the Word day and night so that we can obtain true riches, honor and long life. Teach us humility and the fear of the Lord, which is the beginning of wisdom. Lord, please give us favor in accordance with Your plan for our lives individually and corporately. We ask for Your continual blessings in our homes, families, and workplaces. Bless our going out and coming in. Increase our finances and give us the ability to obtain wealth so that Your covenant is established. Satisfy our hearts desires, as we delight in You and seek Your face. Meet our emotional, spiritual, and physical needs and help us as a Church Family to flourish in the building of Your kingdom. Protect us and raise up a standard against our enemies. Lord, fill our hearts with Your joy and direct our steps.
Father, forgive us for our sins. Forgive us for not studying Your Word to show ourselves approved. Forgive us for not acknowledging You in all of our ways and for leaning to our own understanding. Forgive those of us for not seeking Your guidance through prayer, and for being proud and self absorbed. Forgive those of us for elevating our jobs, material possessions, people and relationships above You. Forgive those for not seeking first Your kingdom and for not being faithful stewards over the resources with which You have given. Create in all of us clean hearts and renew in us right spirits. Lord, remind us of people we need to forgive and help us to forgive.
Lead us not into temptation; but, deliver us from the evil one.
Lord God Almighty, You are holy and righteous. You are great and greatly to be praised. You are worthy, Lord, and Your dominion endures throughout all generations. We extol You and bless Your Name forever. Yours is the kingdom and the glory and the power forever. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Scripture References for the written text: Isaiah 66:1, Psalm 136:1, Exodus 3:14, Isaiah 9:6, II Timothy 2:13, II Peter 1:3, Ephesians 1:3, Psalm 145:1, Psalm 119:105, Isaiah 64:8, John 10:10, II Corinthians 5:7, Proverbs 3:3-4, Psalm 84:11, Proverb 1:7, Deuteronomy 28:6, Deuteronomy 8:18, Psalm 37:4, Isaiah 59:19, Mathew 6:33, Matthew 6:13, Psalm 48:1, Psalm 145:1
Today, I will trust God to:
1. Oh Lord of mercy: By your mercy hearken to my voice and give me testimonies, in the name of Jesus.
2. Oh Lord,by your mercy, my ladder of greatness shall not break, in the name of Jesus.
3. Anything planted in my life scaring my helpers away: Be destroyed by fire, in the name of Jesus.
4. My prayer altar receive fresh fire, in the name of Jesus.
5. Every evil cage that has refused to let me go: be destroyed by fire, in the name of Jesus.
6. Every satanic violence set up against the mercy of God for my life: Scatter by fire, in the name of Jesus.
7. Every power robbing me of the mercy and favor of God: Your time is over release me and die, in the name of Jesus.
8. By the mercy of God: I decree that the hand of the enemy shall not prevail over my life, in the name of Jesus.
9. You wicked power delaying the manifestation of my divine mercy: be destroyed in the name of Jesus.
10. Every enemy of my progress within and without: I’ve obtained the mercy of God therefore: die in shame in the name of Jesus.
11.By the mercy of God: I receive supernatural breakthroughs, in the name of Jesus.
12. Any wicked power delegated to waste my destiny, be wasted by fire, in the name of Jesus.
13 Wherever the enemy has knocked me down: Mercy of God lift me up and restore me, in the name of Jesus.
14. Every arrow of wickedness preventing my rain of mercy: Be destroyed by fire, in the name of Jesus.
15. If ‘am behind my heavenly ordained destiny: Mercy of God move me forward to where ‘am suppose to be, in the name of Jesus.
16. By the mercy of God I shall not fish in the Dead Sea, in the name of Jesus.
17. By the mercy of God: Let there be a way for me in the wilderness, in the name of Jesus.
18. By the mercy of god let every valley in my life bring forth water, in the name of Jesus.
19. By the mercy of God: I shall not build for another to inhabit, in the name of Jesus.
20.By the mercy of God: I shall not labor for another to enjoy, in the name of Jesus.
21. by the mercy of God: I shall not plant for another to harvest, in the name of Jesus.
22. By the mercy of God: I shall not be unseated from my place of blessing/fulfillment, in the name of Jesus.
23. by the mercy of God: I shall not be a negative example in the house of God, in my family, in my community to the nation at large, in the name of Jesus.
25. by the mercy of God: I shall obtain uncommon favor in the name of Jesus.
27. by the mercy of God I shall not see disgrace, I shall not see shame, and I shall not see disappointment, in the name of Jesus.
27. By the mercy of God: I shall be watered from the garden of the Lord all the days of my life, in the name of Jesus.
28. By the mercy of God: I shall live in abundance and in good health all the days of my life, in the name of Jesus.
29. By the mercy of God: I shall be blessed and highly favored all the days of my life, in the name of Jesus.
30. By the mercy of God: Where others have failed I shall succeed , in the name of Jesus.