Updated on November 26, 2018
If you’re not quite sure how to wish someone a speedy recovery, I have you covered. Read on for get-well-soon messages and inspiration! How to Wish Your Friends and Loved Ones a Healthy, Speedy Recovery
Figuring out what to write in a get-well-soon card to a best friend who is sick or recovering from an illness can take lots of time and thought. Of course, you feel bad upon hearing the news of the person’s ill health, but telling them that will only do so much. Finding encouraging and comforting words that will renew their hope of healing is much more helpful, but that can be difficult.
If you don’t know what to write in a card to wish him or her well, then use one (or more) of the suggestions from my list that best suits your feelings for someone who is sick or recovering from an illness. You’ll find plenty of ideas and inspiration from the samples below to help you write your own unique get-well-soon wishes.
Not sure what to say in your get-well card? Including a quote is always a nice touch. Get Well Soon, Health, and Recovery Quotes
If your card doesn’t already have a message inside, consider including a quote. This is a nice way to round out your message in a meaningful way. Below, you will find a selection of quotes that range from funny to profound to choose from.
- “The is one consolation in being sick; and that is the possibility that you may recover to a better state than you were ever in before.” —Henry David Thoreau
- “If knowing that someone really cares, helps healing along its way then I hope you now feel better and keep improving, day by day.” —John Bratton
- “You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax – tomorrow you’ll be afraid to cough.” —Pearl Williams
- “I reckon being ill as one of the great pleasures of life, provided one is not too ill and is not obliged to work till one is better.” —Samuel Butler
- “Thinking of you and praying for you for a fresh touch from the Lord, so you will get well and be strengthened again to be whole and completely restored.” —M.S. Lowndes
- “A bad cold wouldn’t be so annoying if it weren’t for the advice of our friends.” —Kin Hubbard
- “If I had my way, I’d make health catching instead of disease.” —Robert Ingersoll
- “An apple a day keep the doctor away.” —Spanish Proverb
- “The treatment is really a cooperative of a trinity—the patient, the doctor and the inner doctor.” —Ralph Bircher
- “Be careful when reading health books; you may die of a misprint.” —Mark Twain
- “I wonder why you can always read a doctor’s bill and you can never read his prescription.” —Finley Peter Dunne
Sending your sick friend or loved one a get-well-soon card is a sure way to bring a smile to their face, no matter how poorly they’re feeling. Get Well Soon Messages for a Sick Friend or Loved One
- I was heartbroken when I heard you were ill. I wish you a speedy and full recovery from your illness. Get well soon!
- I’m missing you so much. Please don’t forget to take your medications as prescribed for you so that I can see you again soon. I wish you a speedy recovery.
- Take this token from me, a basket full of love and happiness from someone who cares very much about you. I wish you fast healing from your illness and sound health for all the years to come. Please get well soon!
- Rest well and remember to take your prescribed medications so you can get back on your feet soon. I wish you a speedy recovery, my friend.
- We are all worried about you. Your ill health has been a big blow to your family, friends, and colleagues and loved ones. We are missing you. Please, get well soon!
- Being ill can feel so unfair, but I hope you know how many people are out there thinking of you and sending healing thoughts your way. I know I am! Feel better soon, my friend.
- I was so sorry to hear you’re unwell, my friend. I hope you’ve been getting plenty of rest and relaxation, and that you’ll be back to 100% soon. Until then, know that I’m thinking of you and sending positive, healing thoughts your way!
Your get-well card doesn’t need to be too long—no matter what, your friend will be happy to hear from you and know you’re thinking of them.
- Please accept this special gift from me and know that you are not alone on your sickbed. I wish you a fast and miraculous recovery.
- May you bounce back to your usual self soon! I wish you a speedy and full recovery.
- Sending you well wishes today, and hoping to see you back on your feet soon.
- I wish you comfort, good health, happiness, and a fast recovery. May you enjoy sound health for many years to come!
- Sending well wishes to you and hoping to see you back on your feet soon. I’m missing you.
- Wishing you all the best with your recovery. And may you enjoy many more years with good health.
- Sending you well wishes and hoping they will put a smile back on your lovely face. Get well soon!
- I was so sorry to hear you were ill. If there is anything I can do to help, do let me know. Here’s wishing you a blissful, speedy recovery, happiness, and good health to enjoy for the rest of your life.
- I hope to see you bounce back to your usual life soon. You’re such a wonderful friend, and I hate seeing you under the weather. Get better soon!
- Having fun and enjoying happiness is not the same without you. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery from your illness.
Messages for Someone in the Hospital Recovering From Surgery
- Your continued stay in the hospital has made everyone heartsick at home. I wish you a quick recovery so we can have fun together again.
- Having you by my side every day makes me happy, so the longer you stay in the hospital, the more unhappy I become. Here’s wishing you a speedy and full recovery, my friend!
- I’m thinking about you during this difficult time and sending healing thoughts your way. I hope the medications the doctors are giving you are providing some relief from the pain. And I’m praying for your miraculous healing, speedy recovery, and continuing sound health. Get better soon, my wonderful friend!
- Your stay in the hospital is tearing me apart. You are always remembered in my prayers. Please, get well soon!
- Sweetheart, I can’t stay at home alone. If the doctor would allow me, I would stand by your sickbed until you get better. I wish you a miraculous and fast recovery.
- We are happy to hear that you are responding well to your treatment. May you have many more years of good health! Sending our warmest wishes for your speedy recovery. We love you.
It’s hard to see your sweetheart feeling under the weather, but writing them a kind note will make both of you feel better. Get Well Soon Messages for Your Spouse or Significant Other
- Life at home has been less happy since you were confined to your sickbed. Sweetheart, please get well soon!
- It breaks my heart to see you feeling so poorly, my love. Please get well soon so that I can see that smiling face of yours once again!
- I hope you will be feeling better soon, darling. Until then, let your humble servant know if you require soup or snuggles. It’s been said that both have healing properties!
- I was so bummed to hear you were feeling sick, babe. Let me know if there’s anything I can do to make you feel better. I’ll do whatever it takes to bring a smile to your face!
- I’m so sorry you’re feeling sick, darling. Know that I’m here to take care of whatever you need. I love you!
- No matter how brightly the sun is shining, I just can’t feel happy when you’re sick. So rest up and get better already so we can have fun together again! Hoping you feel like yourself again soon, babe.
Sending your thoughts and prayers to a sick friend or loved one can do wonders to help them recover. Get Well Wishes and Prayers for a Friend or Loved One
- Seeing you on your sickbed makes me sad. I pray God will grant you good health today and the years to come. I wish you a full recovery from your illness.
- Doctors try their best, but God heals. I pray for you every day to get well soon.
- My prayer is that God will heal you miraculously from your illness so that we can share good times once more. Wishing you a speedy recovery, my dear friend.
- I’m eager to see you well again. Every day I pray to God to grant you sound health so you can get back on your feet soon.
- Each day, I ask God to grant you strength and I pray you will soon get over this sickness. Just keep in mind that you are not alone, but surrounded by people who care about you. I will keep praying for your quick and full recovery. Get well soon!
- I hope to see you feeling hale and hearty again soon, and I wish you sound health today and years to come. Feel better, my friend.
- Your ill health has taken away our fun and happiness. We wish you were here with us and not on that sickbed that has kept you away from your friends and colleagues. We wish you a speedy and full recovery from your illness.
- This card is from your friends, who all wish you a full and speedy recovery. We miss having you around! Get well soon, .
- My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. You’re not alone, and I hope to see you return to your healthy life soon. May God heal you soon and make you feel better to enjoy your life!
- These flowers represent my love for you. I hope they will show you just how much I care about you! I will continue to pray for your speedy recovery. Get well soon!
© 2014 Oyewole Folarin
Caring for different people every single day can take a toll on nurses. This is particularly true for nurses working in the pediatric ward. Since patients in this area are more vulnerable to stress, pain and discomfort, it’s not enough for nurses to concentrate on their physical needs. Sending out prayers can help, too because inevitably, it’s so easy for these small people to capture our hearts again and again.
Below are some of the most powerful prayers for a sick child.
Prayer For A Sick Child In The Hospital
You’re with us.
Though you are not seen,
We know that you stay by our side.
You love us,
More than we could know,
And you feel each tear that we cry.
We trust you,
To take hold of our hands,
Until we’re recovered and well.
You promise to,
Comfort and care,
Until we are laughing and playing again.
Thank you Jesus.
Prayer To Restore A Sick Child’s Health
O Lord God, I come to You for help and succor.
You have afflicted my child .
Help me to understand that You mean well.
Give me grace to bear my child’s affliction with patience and strength.
Bless me, O Father, and restore my child to health.
Do not forsake us, but give us an assurance of Your loving Kingdom.
Bless this illness to me and my child , and help us both to be better children of Yours because of it.
In the name of Your Holy Son Jesus Christ. Amen!
Prayer To St. Nicholas For A Sick Child
Saint Nicholas, who like the Savior,
loved children so tenderly and gave generously to those in need,
listen to us who plead for this sick child
who is so dear to our hearts.
We thank God for the great gift of our child
and we pray that He relieve this child of pain
and free him/her from suffering.
Obtain strength when he/she is weary,
hope when discouraged,
and joy when downhearted.
May the Lord, through your intercession,
restore perfect health if such be His divine will.
These favors, we beg of you through your love for all children.
Prayer For A Sick Child Through St. Gerard
St. Gerard, who, like the Savior, loved children so tenderly and by your prayers freed many from disease and even death, listen to us who are pleading for our sick child. We thank God for the great gift of our son/daughter and ask Him to restore our child to health if such be His holy will. This favour, we beg of you through your love for all children and mothers.
Short Prayer for A Sick Child
Heavenly Father, watch over our child, and grant that he may be restored to that perfect health which it is yours alone to give; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Prayer For A Sick Child With Chronic Illness
Dear God, I pray for (child’s name) as he/she deals with this (specific illness) so often. I know You are the Master Healer and that You also provide times that are symptom-free for this dear little one. Please comfort and protect this dear child during this hard time. Help them to know that they can come to You for the peace and health that only You can provide. Please be with the doctors as they continually study to find medicines and treatments that will comfort those that suffer from chronic illnesses. I leave this in Your precious hands oh God my Father. Amen
See Also: 9 Powerful Healing Prayers for Cancer Patients
Prayer For A Sick Child With Threatening Illness
Lord I come to You today to present (child’s name) to You. This very deadly sickness that is upon him/her is very sad to all who know and love him/her. I know that in times like this his/her Mommy and Daddy are in despair. Please keep them strong in You so that they can be a comfort to this dear little child. Please keep (child’s name) from being scared of what is happening all around him/her. I ask Your mercy so that pain would be minimal or nonexistence. I love this small and fragile little child. Bestow Your grace and peace to them and all who love them. I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.
Prayer To Bring Healing To A Child
Lord, you love our child as You love all children, Bring healing to our child who is not well. Stay by his side and comfort him through this trying time. Keep us ever mindful of Your loving presence Bless us with Your powerful healing and comfort us also. Thank You for hearing our prayer!
See Also: 20 Short But Effective Prayers for Surgery
A Prayer For My Sick Child
Loving Lord Jesus, You are the good Shepherd of the sheep and You are the One Who carries the little lambs in Your arms – and gently cares for those that are weak and afraid. Lord it is so hard to watch a child in distress and feel helpless to aid them – but I pray Lord that You would safely carry this little child and tend for him/her as only You can.
I lift up this precious child to You and ask for Your healing power to permeate through his/her frail body and return him/her to radiant health and strength. Relieve all the symptoms of this unpleasant illness that has invaded this little body – guard him/her from danger and may he/she respond to Your healing touch on his/her life.
Thank You that You are a God Who cares and loves little children and that You hear and answer prayers. Keep this precious lamb enfolded in Your arms and resting on Your bosom and raise him/ her back to full health I pray – and we will give You all the thanks and praise for You alone are worthy.
Prayer For The Recovery For A Sick Child
Almighty and most merciful God I bring before You this little child who is suffering such pain and discomfort – and I ask that in Your grace and mercy You would raise them back up into full health and strength and work a speedy recovery.
The Lord Jesus took little children in His arms of love and blessed them and I pray that in a very special way You would put Your arms of love and blessing around this little one and minister to each need and every pain.
Little ones do not understand why they are feeling so poorly and I just ask that You would have compassion for this little child and take away any fear and pain – and multiply Your grace so that they come to a quick and lasting recovery….
Thank You Lord in Jesus name we pray,
Before we go to sleep tonight, let’s offer a heartfelt prayer for a sick child somewhere out there.
♥ Connect with NurseBuff on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!
by Sharon (Arizona)
Please pray for this precious little girl.
Please Lord we ask that you heal Hope, that you come into her and take away illness, pain, or any fears associated with her cancer.
Lord we beg you to spare this child any suffering. Please Lord guide this family let them feel your amazing power and grace, bestow upon them the love, faith and guidance they will need to conquer these trials, we praise you Lord.
In Jesus name Amen
Thank you everyone who prays this prayer!
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer For a Sick Child”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Unborn baby boy- Please pray for my unborn baby boy Mikhail I’m 21 weeks pregnant and I found out he has clubfoot…I’m so sad and devastated and I… …
- Guidance- My daughter is a newborn and fighting for her life . She is on a breathing ventilator doctors have done all they can and we’re… …
- Healing from stroke- Please pray for my son Brian who at 37 suffered a hemrological stroke After brain surgery. He lost right side mobility and speech. He needs… …
- My daughter’s health- My daughter is studying abroad and is experiencing arthritic-like symptoms in her hands and forearms for the last 2-3 weeks. Please pray that she gets… …
- Spitual battle- I am an addict. I can’t seem to quit. Also, my husband and I are not having good relations. We understand each other. At the… …
- Healing prayers- Please pray for my daughter’s healing. …
- Sickle Cell Disease- Lord I come to you as humble as I no to please pray for my niece with Sickle Cell Disease. …
- Prayer for the sick- Oh Lord God I pray for my son and daughter to heal. Heal them completely oh Lord, your the most powerful above all things in… …
- Prayer for mental illness- Please pray for my son.He is suffering mental illness and is convinced someone is out to get him.I didn’t raise him like this.it just happened.I… …
- My kids- Father God, I’m asking for healing upon my son. Lord I’m asking that you allow his little body to endure the horrible pain he’s in.… …
- My family- please pray my ADHD child can be better behaved. The Internet is really difficult to take away. I need my child to learn the bible! …
- We need a miracle- My 6 month baby boy was diagnosed with a rare disease that gives him a very minimum chance of him walking. Please pray for him… …
- Austim- Dear God I’m praying for my son to be healed today.l believe you can take his sorrows away from him.God put your hands on him… …
- My daughter- My daughter had been suffering from headaches and neck pain for almost 3 plus years now we been there one doctors after another and no… …
- Surgery for baby- My friend’s six months old granddaughter is having open heart surgery on January 22 to repair a defect. I am praying for the baby of… …
- Kidneys to be perfected- Dear Lord, I call upon your healing power upon my daughter Destiny-Rae. The doctors are predicting kidney failure within the next few weeks and therefore… …
- My son- My son was placed in a mental health hospital this week for disturbing thoughts he was having. He is terrified that the thoughts will never… …
- Healing- Praise God, My son is suffering from severe skin problems. He is unable to sleep. Day and night he is scratching his entire body. His… …
- My Son has experienced pain in kidneys, bowels, and colon- My Son has experienced pain in kidneys, bowels, and colon. He has been in hospitals and was critically ill for about five years. They have… …
- Healing of illness- God, I pray u with the whole heart to make my child sick-free. Come to us Jesus and help us in this situation. I trust… …
More prayers posted in: Children