Below, we have a sample prayer for health and well being. Health is one of the most valuable things that Lord gives us. Praying for good health in times of sickness brings us closer to the holy spirit, where it’s healing powers can be felt.
- 1 Two Prayers for Good Health
- 2 Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer for Health”
- 3 Recent prayer requests…
- 4 A Prayer for Complete, Good Health
- 5 Bible Verses for Good Health & Healing
- 6 Prayer for Health and Strength
- 7 Prayer for Health and Healing
- 8 Prayer for Health for a Loved One
- 9 Prayer for Good Health and Protection
- 10 Prayer for Good Health and Happiness
- 11 Prayer for Good Health Quotes
- 12 Bible Verses about Health
Two Prayers for Good Health
You can say this prayer for yourself or for someone you know. Repeat the prayer every morning until all sickness is gone and you have experienced a full recovery.
Renew My Strength
Dear Lord, I look to you in patient expectation. Renew my strength like the wings of eagles.
Help me and uplift me by the power of Your Might. Then I shall go forth in strength and wholeness. I shall run and not be weary. I shall walk and not faint.
Here is a catholic prayer for good health. It can be said on it’s own, or in conjunction with the prayer above.
The Spirit of Calm
Oh Lord, You are good to those who seek you, those who revere your name.
You, who are the only source of health and healing, the spirit of calm and the central peace of this universe, grant to me such a consciousness of your indwelling and surrounding presence that I may permit you to give me health and strength and peace, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
If you’d like, feel free to post a personalized prayer request below, so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you in your time of need. Walk in love as Christ loved us.
For more healing prayers, visit the pages below.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer for Health”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Prayer for Dad- Bless my father to be healed of his liver problem and illness in his body. Bless him with quick recovery and good health. …
- Healing, anxiety, depression, keeping a roof over our heads- Dear Lord, please give Donald and Melissa good health, get rid of all anxiety, fear, depression, and help us keep a roof over our heads.… …
- Healing- Praise the Lord My husband Prakash is suffering from severe acid reflux problem and he is diabetic. Right now he has cough. Because of the… …
- Healing- Lord God, please heal me of this illness that has stifled me nearly all of my life. Heavenly Father heal me physically and spiritually. In… …
- Heal my son- please Lord Heavenly father hear and answer my prayers for my son Anthony recently had a mini-stroke turning his face had complications speaking mad has… …
- A prayer for health- Please, God, bless me with improved health and the gift of acceptance of my ill health and the limitations it brings. I ask this through… …
- Improved Health and finances for me and my family- I thank God for His Blessings. I pray and believe that He will bestow good health to my husband who is facing the challenges of… …
- I am a bit concern about my health- I am a bit concern about my health and just wanted y’all to pray for me as I am going thru this pain. Just for… …
- My Mother- Please pray for mother with dementia and pneumonia. She is in the hospital and completely incoherent. Please pray with me to put my mom into… …
- Prayer for my Grandpa- Please God, help the surgeon to removerany infection fromfro grandfather’s colon. Let the surgery go smoothly and help my grandfather to heal quickly. …
- Health and family- Please pray for complete recovery and restoration of my physical and emotional health. I’ve required 7 surgeries in the last 4 years and had to… …
- Father God,I kneel before you and thank you for being there for me- Father God, I kneel before you and thank you for being there for me. I know I’m not always sinless or committed enough but you… …
- A prayer for my health- Dear Jesus, My health is my main concern today. I need you to renew me and make me well. I want to accomplish so much… …
- Lust- Please pray for my lusting issue. Please. Thank you. God bless. …
- Health coverage- Dear Lord I beg you with all my heart and soul Lord please let me get my coverage straightened out tomorrow please amen also lord… …
- Prayer for good health- Please pray for my brother and sister who have some health issues. Please pray that all tests will be clear. …
- Pray for my Mother- Please say a prayer that my Mother regains her health. …
- Healing positive outcome- Please pray that my daughter’s CT scan and biopsy comes back normal and healthy. Calm my anxiety and worry and fear. Thank you, Father, in… …
- Aprayer of healing from illness- God heal me am in need of good health hear my prayer and answer me deliver me from Satan’s bondage of illness. …
- Healing- I am a type 2 diabetic and am having issues with my eyes. I ask for full and complete healing and for constant faith that… …
More prayers posted in: Health
Daily life is littered with all sorts of sickness. Flu season hit my household this week, and according to the CDC, most of United States is in the midst of a “high activity” flu season. One does not realize the luxury of the average day until it’s besieged and de-railed by influenza. Life comes to a pause, and workloads pile up.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that one in four adults had one or more chronic health conditions in 2012. Discouragement that leads to a depressive state cannot be categorized as a “it will never happen to me” notion. Mental health is an astronomical concern in this country. According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness, one in five adults in the US experience mental illness in a given year.
“Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.” (3 John 1:2)
If our bodies and minds are ailing at such a high rate, it shouldn’t surprise us that our spiritual lives are unhealthy as well. LifeWay Research released a report in April of 2017 that states “more than half of Americans have read little or none of the Bible.” Though we don’t have full control over flu germs, depression, and terminal disease, we can choose to read Scripture daily.
Let’s pray for complete health, mind, body and soul. To seek His counsel in all things, and welcome the wisdom of the Holy Spirit into the part of our hearts that need healing. A healthy life is comprised of more than a fit physically body free of injury and illness.
A Prayer for Complete, Good Health
Praise You for this, and every day that we get to wake up this side of heaven. Each day is laced with purpose, and we ask for Your wisdom and guidance through every one. Help us to live each day well, and for Your glory, from start to finish.
Thank You for Your Word, which breathes life into our tired souls and minds. You promise to meet us there, in study and prayer. Thank You for the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross, paying with His life for our ease of access to our Heavenly Father through prayer and Scripture. Each biblical story and truth weave in and out our lives in Your perfect timing.
Father, You remind us throughout Scripture that You are faithful to Your people. Jeremiah 33:6 says, “Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security.” So often, as in the Old Testament, we rebel, neglect to care for ourselves as You do, and end up tired and sick. But Father You are faithful to enwrap us in Your healing love each time we turn back to You.
Forgive us for neglecting to care for the life You have entrusted us with. The life that You have purposed specifically to do more than we can ask for or imagine. When we go our own way, we wear ourselves down, physically and mentally. Other times, we train physically but neglect our psyche. We often neglect our spiritual life.
Father, strengthen us to hold captive the joy You bless our lives with daily. Help us to walk freely in Your love. For as Paul reminds us in 1 Timothy 4:8 (VOICE), “Although training your body has certain payoffs, godliness benefits all things–holding promise for life here and now and promise for the life that is coming.” Send us more of Your Holy Spirit, to help us focus on Your Word daily. Give us hearts like Jesus.
Give us the wisdom to seek You first each day, before each decision. It’s often the little thoughts and daily decisions that lead us into a sudden spiral of bad health. Enlighten us and guide us through Your Word. Let our hearts burn for more of You each day.
Help us endure the pain of chronic conditions, some of which will not find healing in this broken and sinful world. We know that You work all things for good, but in those moments of chronic pain and suffering, it can be impossible to understand Your perfect and just hand in it all.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Bible Verses for Good Health & Healing
- “Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.” ~ Jeremiah 17:14
- “Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.” ~ James 5:14-15
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10
- “But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,’ declares the LORD” ~ Jeremiah 30:17
- “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” ~ James 5:6
- “Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He sent out his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave. Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind.” ~ Psalms 107:19-21
- “Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all his benefits – who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion.” ~ Psalms 103:2-4
– read more Healing Scriptures at BibleStudyTools.com
Meg Bucher (Meg) encourages others to seek Him first through her life as a stay-at-home mom, career as a freelance writer, teaching Emoti-moms Weekly Bible Study, and leading the kids worship teams at her local church. She resides in a small, Northern lake town with her husband of ten years, two daughters, and their Golden-doodle. Meg writes about everyday life within the love of Christ on her blog,
Photo courtesy: illness©Thinkstock/Tero Vesalainen
“When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he had already been a long time in that condition, He said to him, “Do you wish to get well?” – John 5:6
Our health is important simply because it is the key to living well and long. Despite its necessity, there are a lot of illnesses that pose a risk to our health and we always try to avoid them. Luckily for us, God has us covered in terms of protection.
Wherein there are numerous instances in the Bible, with them being the different promises of long life, prosperity, and good health made to Man. All these promises though have a requirement which is in the form of total love, obedience, and prayers to God.
Abraham and Isaac fulfilled these requirements and they were rewarded by God for their love and obedience. Now, to this rule, you’re no exception yourself. Therein, all you have to do is to have a deep, personal talk with God. In other words, pray to the El Shaddai—who always listens.
“For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.” – 1 Timothy 4:8
Prayer for Health and Strength
Father Above, I pray before You today seeking strength and wellbeing. I pray that You grant me the strength to power through my days and health, to last a lifetime. Lord, I will not go sick neither will I tire, and throughout the days of my life, it is You that will be worshipped by me. I thank You for the blessings Oh Lord, and In Jesus Name I Pray, Amen.
Prayer for Health and Healing
God, I/name of the individual who’s sick want Your divine healing. At this point in my/his/her faith of You, I/he/she know(s) that nothing happens without Your consent and this is just an ordeal that’s a testimony in the making. With that, I know I only have to pray to You to grant me a boon as usual.
Lord, grant me good health and heal my mind, body, and soul. Let me, Your vessel be filled with the strength to make jubilations because of Your ever constant help.
I adore and glorify Your name my God, and In Jesus Name I’ve Prayed.
More prayers for healing.
Prayer for Health for a Loved One
As I kneel in Your presence and bask in Your love, I have this prayer on the behalf of “name”. Father, be with him/her and grant him/her good health. Father, “name” will be filled with Your essence and no illness shall hurt him/her in Jesus Name.
No matter where he/she goes and regardless of the circumstance, physical wellbeing shall “name” possess by Your power. Safekeep him/her and give long life that’ll be dedicated to Your use. Father, thank You for the miracles past, present, and future—and In Jesus Name I Pray, Amen.
Prayer for Good Health and Protection
Lord above, You have been the sword that has cut down the different agents that would have harmed me and my loved ones. Now, I pray that You be my shield that’ll protect me and my loved ones from all illnesses.
Father, You are an immovable and indestructible mountain and if there was any other Supreme God that guarantees protection, I do not know of him. All I know is You, who has been with me and offering guidance to safe keep me. So, Lord above, I pray that You protect me and my family throughout all occurrences in our lives.
I thank You for listening and answering this prayer and In Jesus Name I Pray, Amen.
Prayer for Good Health and Happiness
Heavenly Father, in reverence, I pray to You today with a request. God, I pray that You grant me good health and I will forever preach Your good deeds in my life.
Also and by Your will and grace, happiness from good health will I have for the rest of my days. So much that I’ll be a walking symbol of Your eternal love. I thank You for the chance to pray to You today and In Jesus Name, Amen.
Prayer for Good Health Quotes
“To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one’s family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one’s own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.”
“I believe that the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you.”
“The wish for healing has always been half of health.”
“All mankind… being all equal and independent, no one ought to harm another in his life, health, liberty or possessions.”
“Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.”
You’ve been given the opportunity, so why not pray now? Send your prayer to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher now.
Bible Verses about Health
“Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.” – 3 John 1:2
“Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security.” – Jeremiah 33:6
“My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words. 21 Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; 22 for they are life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body.” – Proverbs 4:20-22
Your wife is a gift. She blesses you with love, companionship, help, and plenty of fun. As the spiritual leader of your family, you are responsible for guiding her (and any children you may have) in God’s path. Proverbs 18:22 says, “He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord.”
A major part of your role as husband and spiritual leader is covering your wife in prayer. Through prayer, you have an avenue directly to God; you can approach Him at any time on her behalf. Here are 10 ways you can pray for your wife, starting today.
- Pray for her self-care.
One of the most difficult things for a woman to do is to take time to care for herself, but her well-being is essential to your marriage and family. Take an active role in helping your wife create time to nurture herself, but also pray that she will be able to accept your gift of time, without anxiety or guilt. She’ll have an opportunity to grow into the best version of herself, and you’ll all be better for it.
The Bible instructs husbands to “love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself” (Ephesians 5:28 ESV). Do you value your time to yourself–to exercise, to unwind, or to do things you enjoy? Help your wife to create the same time for herself, and watch her blossom.
- Pray for balance in her life and work.
Wives–and mothers, particularly–find it difficult to compartmentalize areas of their lives, thus becoming very vulnerable to a lack of balance that will be disruptive to your relationship if it isn’t addressed. Pray that she will be able to prioritize her responsibilities in the best possible way, and that she will be able to clearly discern which tasks and activities are keeping her off balance. She might need a little encouragement to say “no” to the things that throw her off track, so pray that God will help her to be able to confidently turn down those offers.
- Pray for her relationship with God.
Your wife’s strong relationship with God will keep her centered and will benefit both of you (plus your children, if you have them). At every opportunity, combine your prayers with action and help make a way for your wife to spend time with God every day. She has many responsibilities to fulfill, and this quiet prayer time will help to alleviate her overwhelm.
- Pray over your sexual relationship.
Ask God to bless this intimate and private part of your life together. Your oneness as husband and wife is a sacred place to slow down and savor one another, drawing closer to God in the process. He has given you to one another and created the gift of sex just for you, so if your sexual relationship isn’t where you want it to be, lift it up to Him. And if it’s already in an amazing place, pray for His further blessing.
- Pray for her ability to teach your children.
Your wife’s closeness with your children places her in the perfect position to teach them about Jesus and help them grow in God’s word. Like all responsibilities, this must be fulfilled intentionally, and the hectic nature of life can easily override her desire to focus on daily Bible study. Pray that she will find special ways to share the Word with your children on a daily basis, and pray also that your children will receive her blessing to them and grow in the Lord.
- Pray that she will not become overwhelmed.
It is incredibly easy for work, marriage, children, and the daily responsibilities that come with running a home to completely overwhelm your wife. When overwhelm occurs, it is immobilizing and can be devastating to relationships, health, and life in general if left unchecked. Pray that your wife will be able to take one moment at a time, one day at a time. Help in any way you can to shoulder some of her burden if she’s in over her head, and pray that God will provide both of you with the tools you need to live as stress-free as possible.
- Pray over her friendships.
Healthy relationships with kindred spirits like friends, church family, and close relatives add richness and joy to your wife’s life. Pray that she may form and maintain rich friendships that will benefit and enrich her. Support her desire to spend time with her friends, for there she has a chance to nurture herself and grow in spirit.
Pray also for her to be alert and discerning of the people she allows into your life. Ask God to help her to be a good judge of character as she meets new people, and also for her wisdom to let go of relationships that may have been harmful for her to maintain.
- Pray for her health and protection.
Your wife’s health and safety are precious, so guard them daily through prayer and vigilance. Pray that God will protect her and preserve her health, and ask that He will also work through you to watch out for her.
- Pray that she may be joyful.
Finding joy in life’s chaos can seem almost impossible, particularly in times of high stress. We can quickly become bogged down by negativity. It’s imperative that your wife (and you, too!) is able to face life with the joy that comes from Christ. Pray that she will be able to fully experience God’s joy on a daily basis, and work together with her to stay focused on life’s blessings and gifts.
- Pray that the desires of her heart will be fulfilled.
Your wife has dreams that she holds close to her heart, and God-given gifts that she longs to put to good use. Perhaps she has tucked them away for a season, or maybe she is living them now. Pray that God will help her to utilize her gifts, and that He will make a way for her dreams to be fulfilled.
A Final Thought
The Bible says, “usbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered” (1 Peter 3:7). Take careful stock of your attitudes and actions as you focus more closely on praying for your wife; it’s up to each of you as individuals to live the best life possible in God’s path.