“Regardless of what anyone may personally think or believe about him, Jesus of Nazareth has been the dominant figure in the history of Western culture for almost twenty centuries.” ~ Jaroslav Pelikan, historian
If a court of law were to evaluate the evidence for Jesus Christ, what would be its verdict? Many scholars and skeptics have been startled by the facts of history about the most influential person who ever lived. What did they discover?
We invite you to examine the facts in the following articles and come to your own conclusion about who Jesus Christ really is.
Discover The Evidence—And Decide For Yourself:
Free Download Or Order Y-Jesus Book Or Magazine:
- Individual articles may be downloaded for free in PDF format
- Book or Magazine may be ordered individually or in bulk
Our desire is to help you in your spiritual journey with God. We read every comment we receive. However, since we aren’t always able to answer every comment, we have compiled the following frequently asked questions that you may find helpful.
Click on a question below to read further:
• Has science discovered God?
• How has God revealed Himself?
• If God is good, why does he allow suffering?
JESUS AND THE EVIDENCE
• Did Jesus really exist?
• Is Jesus God?
• Is Jesus the Messiah?
• Did Jesus really rise from the dead?
JESUS AND HIS CLAIMS
• Did Jesus claim to be God?
• Is Jesus the only way to God?
RELIABILITY OF THE BIBLE
• How do we know the Bible is true?
• How do we know the New Testament is reliable?
• Why were the Gnostic Gospels and other writings excluded?
• Do the Bible and science agree or contradict one another?
NEXT STEPS IN YOUR NEW RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS
• How can I be sure I’m going to Heaven?
• I’ve received Christ as my Savior, what is next?
• How do I know I’m forgiven when I still sin?
• How do I grow spiritually and follow Christ?
• I’ve rededicated my life to Christ, what is next?
HELP WITH PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES
• How can my life have meaning?
• How do I deal with relationship problems?
• How can I improve my mental attitude and experience happiness?
• Can you send me a Bible?
• Can you email me devotions?
• Can you send me a Bible study?
• Who are you?
• How can I help or join your organization?
Is Jesus God?
Have you ever met a man who is the center of attention wherever he goes? Some mysterious, indefinable characteristic sets him apart from all other men. Well, that’s the way it was two thousand years ago with Jesus Christ. But it wasn’t merely Jesus’ personality that captivated those who heard him. Those who witnessed his words and life tell us that something about Jesus of Nazareth was different from all other men.
Jesus’ only credentials were himself. He never wrote a book, commanded an army, held a political office, or owned property. He mostly traveled within a hundred miles of his village, attracting crowds who were amazed at his provocative words and stunning deeds.
Yet Jesus’ greatness was obvious to all those who saw and heard him. And while most great people eventually fade into history books, Jesus is still the focus of thousands of books and unparalleled media controversy. And much of that controversy revolves around the radical claims Jesus made about himself—claims that astounded both his followers and his adversaries.
It was primarily Jesus’ unique claims that caused him to be viewed as a threat by both the Roman authorities and the Jewish hierarchy. Although he was an outsider with no credentials or political powerbase, within three years, Jesus changed the world for the next 20 centuries. Other moral and religious leaders have left an impact—but nothing like that unknown carpenter’s son from Nazareth.
What was it about Jesus Christ that made the difference? Was he merely a great man, or something more?
These questions get to the heart of who Jesus really was. Some believe he was merely a great moral teacher; others believe he was simply the leader of the world’s greatest religion. But many believe something far more. Christians believe that God has actually visited us in human form. And they believe the evidence backs that up.
After carefully examining Jesus’ life and words, former Cambridge professor and skeptic, C. S. Lewis, came to a startling conclusion about him that altered the course of his life. So who is the real Jesus? Many will answer that Jesus was a great moral teacher. As we take a deeper look at the world’s most controversial person, we begin by asking: could Jesus have been merely a great moral teacher?
Click here to read page 2 of 10 of “Is Jesus God?”