Congrats to the graduate!
Here is a collection of graduation prayers that you can use to cheer on the new graduate during a ceremony, speech, or just a family dinner. If you’d like, at the bottom of this page, you can submit a prayer request as well, and the PrayWithMe community will pray with you.
This Special Day
This is a special day in the life of the graduates.
As they embark on the next chapter in their lives we pray
that the same hand that has kept them thus far will continue to be in their lives.
May Your hand of protection be about them, and may Your Word continue to be
a light unto their path. Help them to make wise decisions and to always keep
You first in everything that they do.
A Prayer to the Graduate
As we prepare to watch the graduate walk across the stage to
receive a diploma, we want to take a moment to thank You for keeping
him/her safe and guiding him/her to this point.
Lord, touch him/her now with wisdom to be able to handle the next stage
of his/her life in a way that will be pleasing to You, and that will set
him/her on a path of living a life that will be a blessing to others.
A Prayer for a Successful Future
Lord we thank You that you have helped (name) make it to the point of graduation.
We give You the glory for his/her success thus far and ask that You will continue
to allow him/her to prosper as the next chapter of life begins.
Grant success both in the professional arena and in family life.
Allow there to be a proper balance between building a career and having a
meaningful personal life.
Most importantly, let his/her success be earned in such a way that will
be pleasing in Your eyes.
From the scriptures…
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
As graduation rolls around, it is a time of celebration and rejoicing. After months or years of hard work, graduates will finally get their degree and move on to greater things in life. Whether you are a family member or the graduating student, these graduation prayer blessings can help you thank God and ask for his continued blessings in your life.
These graduation prayer blessings are an inspiring way to thank God and ask for his continued blessings. They work well for high school or college graduation ceremonies. They can be used by the family members of the student or as an invocation prayer. Some of the graduation prayer blessings work best for benedictions or closing blessings, while others are ideal for a graduating student to read. You can also write these prayers in a graduation card or yearbook for the graduating student.
1. Dear Lord, we ask for your almighty power to guide all of those students who are graduating today. You have blessed them in their studies. We ask that you continue to bless them on this day so that they may grow in love and goodness. Help them to use their gifts wisely in this world and remain true to their dreams. As they leave here today, help them to walk into a future filled with hope, faith and your great love. Amen.
2. May all of the students who are gathered here today walk safely along the pathway of their dreams. You have blessed them in their studies and guided each student toward this moment. As they embark on their individual futures, guide them in achieving their dreams and growing in your love. Amen.
3. Heavenly Father, may this graduation day serve as a celebration of your life with us. We rejoice in all of the blessings that you have given us. We give you all of the skills, learning and hard work that we have accomplished over the years. Today, we pour out our blessings and gifts onto your hands. May we cherish this memory within our hearts as we continue on to our next adventures. Lord, may we always life a life that is full of your love. May we reveal your hope in this world and be guided by your everlasting truth in all of the things that we do, today and for always. Amen.
4. May the Lord always bless you and keep you. May his face always shine upon you. May he shower you with his graces and always be gracious to you. May the Lord life his countenance up to you and give you his everlasting peace.
5. May God’s blessing follow each of you today as you start new adventures, interesting travels and different journeys in life. May you always walk safely along the path of your dreams and aspirations. May God’s gentle hand guide each of the decisions that you make in this life. May you follow your passions and dreams according to his will. May your lives and hearts always reflect his everlasting truth and love. May his hope be a light that you carry with you today and for always. Amen.
6. It is only those who are wiling to take risks to achieve their dreams that can find out how far they can actually go. As we graduate today, we ask God to bless us as we take risks, face new challenges and achieve our dreams. May his hand guide everything that we do as we continue to work toward our future. Amen.
7. It is with great joy that we gather together today. After years of hard work, we have finally reached our goal of graduation. At this moment, we must pause and thank God for all that he has given us. He has granted us the diligence, opportunities and strength to pursue our studies. Because of his blessings, we are able to graduate here today. As we go forward to live out our dreams, we pray that God will continue to bless us and guide us toward a better understanding of him. As we start our next journey in life, may we always follow his path and live according to his will. Amen.
8. Heavenly Father, thank you for all of the blessings that you have given us. We have finally reached that joyful moment when we graduate and head off into the world. Thank you for guiding us by your strength, power and grace to this moment. May we continue to grow in our love for you and serve you in everything that we do. As we start on different adventures and paths in life, may everything that we do be done for your glory. Amen.
9. May God bless you and keep you in the palm of his hand. May your graduation be a joyous occasion and the start of a new life in him. May you follow his will today and for always. Amen.
10. Lord, thank you for allowing us to gather here today. While the path was not always easy, you have guided all of us to this moment. Thank you for all of your blessings in life and for helping us to graduate. Through your strength and mercy, you have given us the courage and perseverance to reach this moment. As we celebrate this moment, grant us your blessing. Give us the strength and moral courage we need to continue to do your will as we move on to the next adventure in life. Amen.
As graduation season approaches, we need to intensify our prayers for graduating students. Consider the following prayer suggestions:
- Pray for clear direction and wisdom regarding the future.
- Most students will be experiencing adult freedoms for the first time, which create new challenges. The world will bombard them with liberties that may have been taboo for them a short time ago. Pray for them to handle temptations.
- The students who go directly into the job market will have to assimilate into workplace environments that will include people of all ages and backgrounds. They may come in contact with unethical business practices, crude and vulgar language, or other less obvious behaviors. Pray for them to stand firm in their beliefs.
- New responsibilities will create new burdens for them financially and socially. They may have to pay for insurance, travel expenses, continuing education expenses, clothing, etc. Pray for God to meet their financial needs.
- Pray for those who will be continuing their education. Pray they will take their education seriously and learn skills that will be helpful later in life.
Prayer for Graduating Students – An Example “Father God, we thank you for these graduating students. We pray that you will give them direction, purpose, and perseverance as they enter the next phrase of their lives. Give them clearness of mind to move forward into the plans and purposes that You have for them. May these young people gain wisdom from You and have discernment for proper behavior. Raise up Christian mentors for these graduates so they have someone who holds them accountable for their actions. We pray that they will rise above ungodly behaviors and have the boldness to stand up for what is right wherever they work, study, or socialize. Give them wisdom to spend their time and money wisely. Grant them success for their efforts at every turn and guide their feet to follow Your ways. May they be eager to do good and not evil all the days of their lives. Use them in might ways, Dear Father. In Jesus name, amen.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
– We have all
and deserve God’s judgment.
, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him.
, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He
for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was
rose from the dead
according to the
. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your
, declaring, “
Jesus is Lord
,” you will be saved from
and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What is your response?
Yes, today I am deciding to follow JesusYes, I am already a follower of JesusI still have questions