Enjoy these prayers for employment to help you get a job that suits your needs and financial obligations. It’s nice to serve others and God by doing the best we can, thereby honoring His image.
The Lord has endowed us all with some talent, and wishes us to express those gifts that He has given us for the good of all.
Saying prayers for employment also affirm our understanding of own inner talents and abilities.
We invite you to post a prayer request at the bottom of this page. By helping pray for one another, we can support one another and help to lift our prayers to the lord.
A Prayer to Find Employment
God be with me today in finding employment. Lead me to work that I love, and that has value. Guide me to a place with an atmosphere of respect and cooperation, in a safe and happy environment. Help me to find fulfillment mentally and financially. Thank you God, for bringing this to me today!
“… such as the workman is, such also is the work …”
“Wherefore I perceive that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that is his portion; for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him?
Give me the Opportunity Lord…
Dear God, I place my humble needs before you: My need to meet my responsibilities in the world. My need to use my God-given talents and abilities. My need to fulfill my place here on earth.
I pray for Your guidance now to show me the way to the perfect opportunity to do what I love, to do what I can do well, and what will fulfill my needs mentally, spiritually, and financially. Help me to walk in faith as You show me the way!
Thank You, Lord. Amen!
Choose Me Lord
Oh, Sweet Jesus, I come to you in mercy as I am in agony of trying to find employment. I have been applying for several companies now and it always ends up going to another applicant.
You said that I should be specific in my prayer and I acknowledge your word. I am here, Lord, asking your mercy to please provide me with a good job that I need and is within your will.
I will do this for your greater Glory, Oh God. I am very sorry Lord for all my falls of dismay. If I have doubted your commands and wills for me. I know Lord, that I am blessed to have your salvation freely for me. And I will work for it through faith in everything that I do even as I fully garnered my employment.
Then said the Lord to me, You have seen well, for I am alert and active, watching over My word to perform it. Jeremiah 1:12
Dear Loving Father
Lord, you are a loving Father and generous to your children. You bless and inspire the world with your good work. Help me in my search for profitable work so that I may care for my own as well as you have cared for me. Thank you Lord, for your loving guidance today.
For those who have lost their job…
Lord, I am coming to you today with a heavy heart filled with regret over the past, and anxiety for the future. I am out of work, and my finances are in deep trouble. I have made many mistakes. Help me to forgive myself, and others, so that I may make amends with all concerned.
Grant me peace of mind, so I can fill my life with your goodness and grace. Guide me toward a good job where I may fulfill my needs as a better and wiser person. Thank you Lord, for listening to me and helping me today. Life is not always easy, but I will strive to remember that You are always there to help me As you are right in this moment. Thank you!
For everyone who is looking for a job right now, may God be with you. You are in my prayers. I pray that you find a job as soon as possible, and that you are able to live a happy and fruitful life.
Check out these related prayers and scripture, or post a prayer request below.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayers for Employment”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Cry every day wondering- Father, I was told after my 90 days the job was going to hire me but what did happen the manager harassment to me for… …
- Accepted for employment- Hi good morning, please pray I accepted for at least one of the jobs I’ve applied for recently. And for the latest interview I went… …
- Providing- God we ask that you forgive us of our sins as we forgive those who trespass against us. We give you all the glory honor… …
- Desperately need work- I desperately need a call back from a job every single thing I’ve applied for didn’t call me back so I’ve had no luck so… …
- Evil Boss and Coworker- Please God protect me from the evil people I have to work under and with at work. I am in constant fear of losing my… …
- Suitable and gainful employment- Lord God Heavenly King, I come before your throne of mercy praising and worshipping you. I implore you to forgive me all my trespasses and… …
- Help needed- Please let dc cw contact me about work to start ASAP I have caused my family so much stress and I am eternally sorry xx …
- Accepted for employment- Hi, I applied for various jobs on indeed for QA please pray at least one contact me I love you guys and thanks for praying. …
- Praying to get my France visa soon- Lord, please help me to get my France visa, Portuguese passport and good job in UK without any problems. Thank you Lord for all your… …
- Find job for my husband- Please pray for my husbands interview to go well and he get a job where God wants him to be. …
- Salvation of my family- May I ask you brethren to pray for my family’s salvation specially my brother . And to my old parents, My mom has Alzheimer’s. Thank… …
- Career path- Please pray for me(Tina) that God intercedes on my behalf and leads me on the path to a great job. To work for a great… …
- Prayer for an employment opportunity- I would like to request prayers for an employment opportunity that I interviewed for. I would like you to all please pray for me that… …
- Prayer for job offer- Dear god, please help me find employment. I have interviews coming up this week and I pray that one of them will hire me. I… …
- Needed confidence and capability- Prayer for myself “Kirk” as I’m nervous about a job position promotion that my boss assigned me and I initially turned down, as I’m not… …
- Néed a job- Holla my name is Benson 36 yrs old male from Namibia currently going through hard time and I am in indeeply need of a job… …
- Seeking employment- Please pray for me that I will get a job and be able to take care of my financial obligations. …
- Life changes- Dear God, my current job is giving me too much stress which i fear might affect my health. I ask you to make a change… …
- Prayer for Job- I need travel to USA to find job please help to find good opportunity through in Jesus name. …
- I need a miracle job- I want the almighty God to give me a miracle job. have been a graduate for over ten years and I don’t have a job. …
More prayers posted in: Employment
Dear St Jude
Please help me get the job that I am waiting to hear back from. I will always be grateful for this blessing and vow to work harder than ever to ensure that I achieve success in this position. I will work honestly with intregrity and with all my heart.
I believe that this job will suit my abilities and will give me the opportunity to showcase my talents that have been graciously given to me by god.
Thank you for all your support and success that I have achieved over the years and now I am just looking to broaden my outlook and step outside my comfort zone and achieve success in a challenging field.
I pray that you will interceed for me to god to help and ensure that I am selected for this job.
With a humble heart I pray to you, Jesus and Mother Mary to ask god on my behalf for this blessing.
Return to Roman Catholic Prayers
By Billy Graham
Q: How do I know God is listening to me when I pray? To be honest, I’ve about given up on prayer because it doesn’t seem to make any difference. Has God turned His back on me?
A: No! God has not turned His back on you. He loves you and wants you to bring your burdens and cares to Him in prayer. The Bible says, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” Philippians 4:6
Only two things can keep God from giving us what we ask for in our prayers. The first is sin – and the reason is because sin erects a barrier between us and God. Until that barrier is torn down, God can’t answer our prayers. The Bible says, “The Lord is far from the wicked but he hears the prayer of the righteous.” Proverbs 15:29
This is why the first step you need to take is to turn by faith to Jesus Christ and ask Him to forgive your sins and come into your life. When we do that, the barrier of sin is removed – and God hears our prayers.
The second thing that keeps God from giving us what we ask for is if we are seeking something that isn’t His will. God loves us and knows what is best for us – and because of this, He will not give us anything that isn’t His will. The Bible says, “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.” 1 John 5:14
Make sure of your commitment to Christ. Then pray about everything, and wait for Him to answer. The Bible says, “Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him.” Psalm 37:7
Friends, when life gets really difficult, don’t jump to the conclusion that God is not on the job. Instead, be glad you are in the very thick of what Christ experienced. This is a spiritual refining process, with glory just around the corner. I Peter 4:12, The Message
Our God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. I Corinthians 10:13
We remember, in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him, and are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28
Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come to you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed. James 1:2-4, The Message
…The race is not always to the swift, Nor the battle to the strong, Nor satisfaction to the wise. Nor riches to the smart, Nor grace to the learned. Sooner or later bad luck hits us all. Ecclesiastes 9:11
You must work and not be lazy: Proverbs 6: 6-11
Suffering: Yes, you will suffer in life a short time. But after that, God will make everything right. He will make you strong. He will support you and keep you from falling. I Peter 5:10
Pray: If one of you is having troubles, he should pray. James 5:13
The Lord is your #1 mentor for success: Always turn to the Lord for help in everything you do and you will be successful. Proverbs 16:3
Be diligent for success: Continue to ask, and God will give to you. Continue to search, and you will find. Continue to knock, and the door will be open for you… Matthew 7:7-8
Seek mentors advice and network: If a person does not get enough advice, then his plan fails. But a person will succeed if he listens to the things wise people tell him. Proverbs 15:22
Prepare and plan for success: Careful plans can lead to profit. But if you are not careful, and you do things too quickly, then you will become poor. Proverbs 21:5
Be honest in everything you say or write. Proverbs 6:16-17
Our success at Empowering Job Seekers is measured best when a job seeker says, “When I came here, the only thing that mattered to me was getting a job; now I realize that getting my mind in a positive direction, and my life right with the Lord, were the most important things; getting a job is now a secondary benefit – still a very important one – but definitely now secondary.”