A Prayer of Love from 1 Corinthians 13
By Debbie McDaniel
“Love never fails…” 1 Corinthians 13:8
Known as the Love Chapter, 1 Corinthians 13 is one of the greatest reminders to us today of what real love looks like. And what it doesn’t look like. Widely read at weddings or written all over love notes, these words may become so familiar over time; they can almost lose some of their important message.
As we read this portion of Scripture today, let’s ask God for help in soaking in every truth as we pray His powerful words back to Him. Let’s ask for the freshness of His Spirit to bring His message of love alive within our hearts and flowing through our lives. We can’t do it on our own. We’d never be able to muster enough strength within us. It’s only possible through Him. And more than ever before, our world needs to see what true love looks like. We can do a lot of good things in this life, we can give gifts, and even make notable sacrifices for others. But if we do not have Christ’s love within us, compelling us, filling us, every moment of every day, “it profits me nothing.”
His words of truth and love:
“If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails…But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.” From 1 Corinthians 13:1-8, 13
Thank you that you are a loving, gracious God. Thank you that you’ve offered us forgiveness and the gift of new life in you. Thank you that your love is perfect, it never fails, and that nothing can separate us from your love.
We pray that our lives would be filled and overflowing with the power of your love so we can make a difference in this world and bring honor to you. We ask for your help in reminding us that the most important things are not what we do outwardly, it’s not based on any talent or gift, but the most significant thing we can do in this life is simply to love you and to choose to love others.
Lord thank you that your love is patient. Help us show patience with those around us.
Lord thank you that your love is kind. Help us to extend kindness to others.
Lord thank you that true love is not jealous. Help us cast aside feelings of jealousy or hatred towards others.
Lord thank you that your love does not brag and is not arrogant. Help us not to live with pride or arrogance, but to choose to walk with humility and grace.
Lord thank you that true love does not act unbecomingly. Lord help us to extend kindness instead of rudeness towards others. Help us to lay aside the critical tone and tearing down with our words, so that we can truly walk in peace.
Lord thank you that true love does not seek its own. Lord help us not to live selfishly, looking only to our own interests.
Lord thank you that true love is not provoked. Lord help us not to become easily angered. Help us not to be so quickly reactive, but instead slow to speak and slow to become angry.
Lord thank you that your love does not take into account a wrong suffered. Lord help us not to hold grudges, but to choose to forgive, even when it’s difficult.
Lord thank you that your love does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. Lord help us to love your words of truth, may we walk in your freedom and wisdom. Let it be what drives our lives and choices every day.
Lord thank you that your love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, thank you that your love never fails.
Help us to love as you love. Fill us with your Spirit so that we can choose what is best. We are weak Lord, but we know also, that even when we are weak, you are strong within us. Thank you that it’s not all up to us. Thank you that you equip us to face each day with the power of your love, your forgiveness, and your grace.
We love you Lord, and we need you today, and every day,
In Jesus’ Name,
Find more by Debbie at www.debbiemcdaniel.com, or
Prayer Points For Strength & Guidance
I believe and accept that the Lord is my refuge and my strength. The earth can quake, the seas can roar, the mountains can shake, but I will not fear. When the storms of life appear, my God is here to help me. Ref.: Psalm 46:1-3
My God, my Lord, my Heavenly Father is my strength, my defense, my song and my salvation. I am secured and nothing and no one can move me. Thank you Lord. I exalt and honor you! Ref.: Exodus 15:2
I am not afraid of this world, because the Lord goes before me. His powerful hands lead me and His unconditional love sustains me. I am not worried for He will not fail me or leave me. Ref.: Deuteronomy 31:8
The Lord, my God created me, named me and saved me from the darkness. I am His property. Therefore, when I go through rivers, I will not drown. When I walk through fire, the flames will not hurt me. The Holy One of Israel is my God and my Savior. Ref.: Isaiah 43:1-3
I believe that the Lord is my light and my salvation. I am not afraid! I believe that the Lord is the stronghold of my life. I am not afraid! Evil people around me might attack me. My enemies may try to destroy me. But, they will not succeed. They will stumble and fall. Ref.: Psalm 27: 1-3
I am filled with the Holy Spirit of God. And the Spirit within me gives me power, love, self-discipline and a sound mind. Ref.: 2 Timothy 1:7
In God alone my soul finds rest. He is my Rock, the only one who can save me. He is my high place of safety. I will not be tense with fear when troubles come. I will never be shaken. Ref.: Psalm 62:1-2
The Lord my God of all grace will restore me and make me strong, firm and steadfast. I will be stronger than ever. Ref.: 1 Peter 5: 10
I don’t worry about my situation. Although it seems like impossible, I trust and believe that with God everything is possible. Ref.: Matthew 19:26
I believe and accept that I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength and power. Ref.: Philippians 4:13
Heavenly Father! In accordance to your word, I ask you: Give me strength to face every day. Give me strength for tough times and power to win my battles. Give me the patience to wait on you. I am convinced that in due time you will renew my strength. I will mount up with wings like eagles. I will run, and not be weary. I will walk, and not get tired. Ref.: Isaiah 40:28-31
I trust and believe that you, Oh Lord, will strengthen me. You will help me! You will supply all my needs with your righteous right hand. Ref.: Isaiah 41:10
I know that God is the one who gives me strength. He clears the path I need to take. He prepares me for the daily battle of life and gives me strength to overcome anything and to always stand firm and courageous. Ref.: Psalm 18:32-34
Go to Top
1 Corinthians Chapters
1 Paul, called by the will of God to be an apostle of Christ Jesus, and Sosthenes, our brother,
2 to the church of God in Corinth, to those who have been consecrated in Christ Jesus and called to be God’s holy people, with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord as well as ours.
3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
4 I am continually thanking God about you, for the grace of God which you have been given in Christ Jesus;
5 in him you have been richly endowed in every kind of utterance and knowledge;
6 so firmly has witness to Christ taken root in you.
7 And so you are not lacking in any gift as you wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed;
8 he will continue to give you strength till the very end, so that you will be irreproachable on the Day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 You can rely on God, who has called you to be partners with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
10 Brothers, I urge you, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, not to have factions among yourselves but all to be in agreement in what you profess; so that you are perfectly united in your beliefs and judgements.
11 From what Chloe’s people have been telling me about you, brothers, it is clear that there are serious differences among you.
12 What I mean is this: every one of you is declaring, ‘I belong to Paul,’ or ‘I belong to Apollos,’ or ‘I belong to Cephas,’ or ‘I belong to Christ.’
13 Has Christ been split up? Was it Paul that was crucified for you, or was it in Paul’s name that you were baptised?
14 I am thankful I did not baptise any of you, except Crispus and Gaius,
15 so that no one can say that you were baptised in my name.
16 Yes, I did baptise the family of Stephanas, too; but besides these I do not think I baptised anyone.
17 After all, Christ sent me not to baptise, but to preach the gospel; and not by means of wisdom of language, wise words which would make the cross of Christ pointless.
18 The message of the cross is folly for those who are on the way to ruin, but for those of us who are on the road to salvation it is the power of God.
19 As scripture says: I am going to destroy the wisdom of the wise and bring to nothing the understanding of any who understand.
20 Where are the philosophers? Where are the experts? And where are the debaters of this age? Do you not see how God has shown up human wisdom as folly?
21 Since in the wisdom of God the world was unable to recognise God through wisdom, it was God’s own pleasure to save believers through the folly of the gospel.
22 While the Jews demand miracles and the Greeks look for wisdom,
23 we are preaching a crucified Christ: to the Jews an obstacle they cannot get over, to the gentiles foolishness,
24 but to those who have been called, whether they are Jews or Greeks, a Christ who is both the power of God and the wisdom of God.
25 God’s folly is wiser than human wisdom, and God’s weakness is stronger than human strength.
26 Consider, brothers, how you were called; not many of you are wise by human standards, not many influential, not many from noble families.
27 No, God chose those who by human standards are fools to shame the wise; he chose those who by human standards are weak to shame the strong,
28 those who by human standards are common and contemptible — indeed those who count for nothing — to reduce to nothing all those that do count for something,
29 so that no human being might feel boastful before God.
30 It is by him that you exist in Christ Jesus, who for us was made wisdom from God, and saving justice and holiness and redemption.
31 As scripture says: If anyone wants to boast, let him boast of the Lord.
Take the Bible Quiz now!
Psalms 25; Zachariah 4:9-10
- Lord, show me mercy and remember not my transgressions, forgive me in Jesus Name. Psalms 25:7
- Lord, as I seek your face this period, I open up myself unto you Lord; I confess and forsake all my wrong doings, cleanse me, show me mercy and prosper me in Jesus Name. Proverbs 28:13
- Father, let your goodness and your mercy follow me all the days of this year and throughout my life in Jesus Name. Psalms 23:6
- Lord, as I work with you, may the fire on my altar never go out in Jesus Name Leviticus 6:10, 13
- Lord, open my hears that I may hear you; Open my eyes that I may see you; Open my mind that I may perceive you; Open my inner man that I may hear and obey the your voice
- I shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite me this year: for he that has mercy on me shall lead me, even by the springs of water shall he guide me in Jesus Name. Isaiah 49:10
- Lord, every good thing that my hands have laid its foundation shall be completed by my hands in Jesus Name. Zachariah 4:9-10
- Lord, as I pray for myself, I pray for your Church; All Nations Church; Joshua Generation Ministries (JGM) every member, prayer partner nationwide; that as you Lord build us this new year; the gates of hell will not prevail against us in Jesus Name.
Fruitfulness & Deliverance from evil
Psalms 91, Isaiah 65:17-25
- Father, help me that I will not labour in vain or bring forth in trouble in the Name of Jesus
- Father, let every part of my life experience promotion that come from you in Jesus’ Name. Psalms 75:6
- Lord, bless me and make fruitful and multiply according to your word this year and as I enter the New Year in Jesus’ Name. Genesis 1:28.
- Let me experience your Power and Victory in every area of my life. 1 Samuel 17: 51-52
- Lord, the terror that flieth by day shall not come near me and every arrow of the enemy shall return back to the sender in Jesus Name
- I overthrow the citadel of sickness, weakness and fear in my life in Jesus Name
- Lord, deliver me from the snare of my enemies and from the pestilence (drought) going round in Jesus Name. Psalms 91:3
- Lord, all through this year, let me live to find favour before you and before men in Jesus Name. 1 Samuel 2:26
- Lord, make your Church All Nations Church (Joshua Generation Ministries) a battle axe in the camp of the enemy in this Land in Jesus Name
- Lord, I pray that you supply all my needs and those of your church, according to your riches in glory. Philippians 4:19
Thy Kingdom Come
Matthew 6:9-15; 2 Chronicles 7:14; 2 Corinthians 8:7-15
- Lord, let your righteousness and peace reign in this land of America; Cut off every evil plan of the wicked against this land and bring restoration in Jesus Name. Isaiah 62:1
- Lord, we humble ourselves and pray for this land, heal our land of economic trouble O Lord and let honey flow again in Jesus Name. 2 Chronicles 7:14
- Lord, let thy kingdom come upon this land as it is in Heaven in Jesus Name. Luke 11:2
- Lord, let thy kingdom come upon your church, as it is in Heaven in righteousness, love, peace, Joy, increase, favour, power. Luke 11:2
- Every wall of separation between brethren be torn down in Jesus Name That Lord will touch the heart of brethren to forgive one another of past hurts. That anger and bitterness be rooted out. 1 Peter 2:1
- Lord, let there be manifestations and performance of your word and prophecies that have come forth in Jesus Name!
Victory & Blessing
1 Corinthians 15:55-57; Jeremiah 33:6-11
- Lord, this year I decree and prophecy Joy and Victory in my tabernacle and my dwellings in Jesus Name
- Lord, let me experience your blessing that make rich without sorrow in Jesus’ Name. Proverbs 10:22
- Father, release your blessing that will terminate struggle in my life upon me in Jesus’ Name. Proverbs 10:22
- Lord God my Father, give me power, ability and ideas to create wealth that will go beyond my generation in Jesus’ Name. Deut.8:18
- Lord, the pestilence that walk around by night and the destruction that waste by day, called recession, will not come by my dwelling in Jesus Name. Psalms 91:6
- Lord, all through this year, let me live to find favour before you and before men in Jesus Name. 1 Samuel 2:26
- In the Name of Jesus, no evil shall befall me neither shall any plague come into my dwelling; Psalms 91:10
- I command every agent or power acting against my breakthrough to be permanently paralysed in Jesus Name
Power Against Spirit of Delay
Daniel 10:10-21; Isaiah 45:1-11; Isaiah 49:24-26
- Let me experience your Power and Victory in every area of my life. 1 Sam 17: 51-52
- Lord let every chain of life binding me from moving forward in life be broken today in Jesus’ Name. Acts 12: 6-10
- Father, every Iron Gate set against me from entering into my place of prosperity, increase, fulfillment, and greatness be opened in their own accord in Jesus’ Name. Acts 12:10
- Every delay in my journey of life be removed in Jesus’ Name.
- Lord, I pray every of my lost blessing should be restored in Jesus Name
- Lord, deliver me from the snare of my enemies and from the pestilence (drought) going round; Psalms 91:3
- Lord, cover me with your feathers and let me dwell under your wings that I will not experience trouble in Jesus Name. Psalms 91:4
- Father, let every gate blocking the fulfilment of your prophecies concerning my life be broken in Jesus’ Name
- Lord, every gate keeping my blessings out, break in pieces and cut in sunder the bars of iron
Blessings of Hands, Body & Storehouses
Deut 28:1-14; Genesis 22:14-18
- Lord, release your prosperity on my business and the work of my hand in Jesus Name.
- Lord, rebuke every devourer for my sake and prosper the works of my hand (Job, business, career, finance) in Jesus Name. Mal. 10:11
- I break myself from every circle of failure in Jesus Name
- I command all contrary trees growing in my business and my life to be uprooted in Jesus Name
- Lord, let not the lot of the wicked fall upon my business and the fruit of my ground in Jesus Name.
- Lord, may my morning, noon-day and evening of my life never be wasted or spent in misfortune in Jesus Name
- Father, let the kings of this land love me and prefer me above all others. And let me be placed in the position of honour by kings in Jesus Name. Esther 2:17
Marriage & Homes
Psalms 127; Genesis 2:21-25; Mark 10:9; Mal 2:16
- Lord, from the wells of our salvation, we draw joy for our homes in Jesus Name. Isaiah 12:3
- Father, Every plant in my home that you have not planted, Lord, uproot in the name of Jesus Matt 15:13
- Lord, pour your oil afresh upon my home in Jesus Name.
- Lord, let rejoicing and joy fill our homes in Jesus Name. Ps 118:15
- Father, let every storm raging in marriages be still in Jesus Name.
- Father, let every evil plan or attack from my enemies concerning ‘My Home’ fall and stumble in Jesus’ name. Psalm 27:1-2
- Father, give us rain and release your financial blessing upon our home in Jesus Name. Leviticus 26:4
- Father, let every wall of Jericho that has been erected against my home from prospering, moving forward, be brought down in Jesus’ Name.
- Every stranger; men or women, situations or circumstances in home; obey me, submit to me and fade out of my home/marriage in Jesus’ Name. Psalm 18: 44-48
- Father, fill my children with your spirit of truth, give them a heart that loves truth and follow after it. Proverbs 12:22, John 14:15-17
- Father, No weapon of the enemy that is formed against my home, my marriage, Children and family will prosper and every tongue be condemned in Jesus’ Name. Isaiah 57:17
- Father, let every burden and yoke of evil that have been placed upon marriage, my home, family and Children shall be broken now by the reason of the anointing in Jesus’ Name. Isaiah 10:27
- In every way that the enemy has held my husband/wife and my Home a captive or prey whether lawful or unlawful, let there be a release in Jesus Name. Isaiah 49:24-25