Our All-Time Most Popular Posts
Visit The Motivation Hotel
Visit Us for Inspiration every single day. It’s just a click away ~ Enjoy your stay Like our Facebook Page : Words of Wisdom. You can subscribe to our FREE email updates here.
My Official facebook Page: Dave Hedges
The most viewed posts this month
Visit Wisdom To Inspire The Soul
Our ALL NEW Sister Site
Beautiful (840) Brother (27) Christmas (217) Dad (160) Daughter (156) Easter (28) Encouragement (1995) Faith (77) Family (549) Friends (313) Grandparents (5) Gratitude (105) Halloween (18) Happiness (542) Health (14) Health & Wellbeing (16) Horoscope (15) Life (1617) Loss of Loved Ones (263) Love (547) Luck (28) Make You Smile (361) Men (18) Mum (176) New Year (75) Poems (79) Positive (1870) Positive Women (313) Relationships (705) Sister (62) Son (141) Special Occasions (174) Stories (44) Stories & Information (285) Valentines (1) Video (2) Weekend (42) Wisdom (2053) Zodiac (35)
| Follow Us
Like us on Facebook
Follow On Pinterest
All of the posters created for this website are copyright of Daveswordsofwisdom. Watermark theme. Powered by
For a Blessing on the Families of the Land
Almighty God, our heavenly Father, who sets the solitary person in the comfort of families; I commend to your continual care the homes in which your people dwell. Put far from them, I beseech you, every root of bitterness, the desire of boastful vanity, and the pride of life. Fill them with faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, godliness. Knit together in constant affection those who, in holy wedlock, have been made one flesh; turn the heart of the parents to the children, and the heart of the children to the parents; and fill us all with true love and charity, so that we put aside petty differences and act with kind affection and the sympathy of brotherly love; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
For the Children
Almighty God, heavenly Father, who has blessed us with the joy and care of children; Give us light and strength to train them, that they may love those things that are true and pure and lovely and of good report, following the example of their Jesus Christ.
For the Absent
O God, whose fatherly care reaches to the uttermost parts of the earth; I humbly beseech you graciously to behold and bless those whom I love, now absent from me. Defend them from all dangers of soul and body; and grant that both they and I, drawing nearer to you, may be bound together by your love in the communion of your Holy Spirit, and in the fellowship of the faithful; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
For Those We Love
Almighty God, I entrust all who are dear to me to your never-failing care and love, for this life and the life to come; knowing that are doing for them better things than I can desire or pray for; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
A Parent’s Prayer (1)
O God, Maker of all creation, you have made me worthy to be the of a family, and through your goodness have given me to raise. Let me remember that yours, for you have given existence to all of us; and that you have infused with an immortal soul, and have raised to eternal life through baptism. In accordance with your will, you have adopted and received into the congregation of your Church. I pray that you will send down to me your help in raising my . Give me patience and strength to do your will in raising . Remind me to plant in heart the root of all true wisdom — the fear of the Lord — so that all may know and live by your Words. Open to the understanding of your law. Until the end of days let act with the sense that you are present everywhere may venture. Plant in heart aversion to all wrongs, that may be pure in intentions. O righteous judge, in this world children suffer for the sins of their parents; I pray that you will not punish my for my mistakes, but let your grace fall on like the dew of the morning, fresh and new.
A Parent’s Prayer (2)
O Heavenly Father, give your blessing to the fate of my . Do not deprive of daily bread, send down to in due time all that is necessary for the acquisition of blessings in eternity. Be merciful to , when sins against your holy word; look not upon the sins of youth and ignorance; chastise and have mercy on , but I pray, do not turn your face away from . Let your countenance shine upon in the days of tribulation, that may not fall into temptations beyond strength. Cover with your mercy, that your Holy Spirit may walk with always, to preserve and comfort and instruct . Do not abandon my , O Lord, but give all that is profitable for salvation.
Prayer for Family and Friends
Blessed are You, loving Father, For all your gifts to us. Blessed are You for giving us family and friends To be with us in times of joy and sorrow, To help us in days of need, And to rejoice with us in moments of celebration.
Father, We praise You for Your Son Jesus, Who knew the happiness of family and friends, And in the love of Your Holy Spirit. Blessed are you for ever and ever.
Oh God, who ordained marriage for the comfort of humanity and the continuation of life on earth, I give you thanks for the love you have implanted in my heart for my spouse. I pray that your love will inspire me to be gentle kindness in my words, consideration for the feelings of my spouse, and continual concern for earthly needs and desires.
I pray for your Holy Spirit to guide me and help me in understanding of my spouse’s shortcomings and fill me with forgiveness when may fall short of your glory. Let me see more clearly my own human quirks and faults, so that, in the enjoyment of your forgiveness given to me freely, I may also forgive. May our faith in you always grow stronger and serve to guide us in our lives together. Bless my marriage, I pray, oh loving God, fill it with your peace and joy, and help us in times of difficulty to remember your glory and call upon the powers of your Holy Spirit.
Prayer for One’s Home (by Edgar Guest)
Peace, unto this house, I pray,
Keep terror and despair away;
Shield it from evil and let sin
Never find lodging room within.
May never in these walls be heard
The hateful or accusing word.
Grant that its warm and mellow light
May be to all a beacon bright,
A flaming symbol that shall stir
The beating pulse of him or her
Who finds this door and seems to say,
“Here end the trials of the day.”
Hold us together, gentle Lord,
Who sit about this humble board;
May we be spared the cruel fate
Of those whom hatreds separate;
Here let love bind us fast, that we
May know the joys of unity.
Lord, this humble house we’d keep
Sweet with play and calm with sleep.
Help us so that we may give
Beauty to the lives we live.
Let Thy love and let Thy grace
Shine upon our dwelling place.
Bless This Little Child, Lord
Lord, look down from heaven above
And touch this special child with love.
Protect and guide this little one
‘Till each and every day is done.
Remind us often that it’s true:
This little life is a gift from you.
A miracle You’ve sent our way!
Lord, bless this little child today.
Prayer for family and friends is one of the best gifts you can present to your loved ones. God has called us not only to pray for ourselves but for people around us too, particularly our friends and family. Romans 12:10 says, “Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.” One thing is certain about prayer, that it is never done in waste. Thanksgiving for loved ones is always effective. God will answer all prayer points at the time we will need this answer the most.
Prayer for family and friends should be included in our daily prayer time. Every time we pray for ourselves, let us remember every member of our family as well as our friends out there.
Prayer for Family and Friends
O Lord my God, I entrust all my loved ones in your care and I pray you protect and guide them daily. Meet them O lord, at every point of their need and fulfill all their heart desires. Be there keeper and grant them the opportunity to enjoy good health all the days of their lives.
My Lord and my God, keep my family and friends safe. Keep them far away from oppression. I will not receive any bad report concerning any of them. They will not die an untimely death and they shall all live to reap the fruits of their labor.
O Lord, touch the hearts of (…….., you can call the names), that is yet to receive you into their lives. Touch their hearts that they may accept that you alone is the true Savior. Touch them that they may enjoy the joy of salvation in Jesus mighty Name. Amen.
Thanksgiving Prayer for Loved Ones
O Lord my God, I thank you for the loving people you have surrounded me with. I thank you for helping them to overcome trials and tribulations and thank you for being their source of joy. Lord, I thank you for keeping them alive and strengthening them. I thank for blessing them with all the good gifts of life. In the name of Jesus. Amen.
Why do we pray for the family?
The family is the primary place where every individual starts his or her life. The family is the immediate environment where we primarily received love and first life lessons. If a family is bad, individuals of such home turn out badly. Praying for our family is essential for members to enjoy peace that strengthens the family bond.
Why do we pray for the friends and loved ones?
No man is an island. We all need someone to lean on at one time or the other. Just as the family is important, so also are our friends. Although, so many people have got themselves entangled with bad friends, but there are still many people out there who are better friends. The Bible says in Proverbs 17:17, “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity”.
Importance of Prayer for Family and Friends, Loved Ones
The most valuable thing we can do for people around us is to pray for them. It is important we do this because the Bible tells us to do so. Devoting yourself in brotherly love is not all about sending gifts only; you also show love when you pray with and for friends and family. Never forget to say thanksgiving prayer for loved ones, for everything God has done to them.
The way our prayers for friends and family is not as important as making it essential to pray for them. It is important we pray for our loved ones because when it is good for them, we also become a beneficiary of the goodness and when things goes wrong with them, we are directly or indirectly affected.
Take for instance; having a family member or friend in the hospital will require your presence which also means your time. And when you find it difficult to be with such a person at the hospital bed, your mind will always be with them. This is to show that, we are directly or indirectly affected by whatever goes wrong with our family and friends.
The health of our family members and friends, having great abundance, divine protection, long life and many more is the responsibility of God, but it is our duty to also present them to God particularly concerning friends and families that are yet to accept Jesus into their lives.
We pray for our friends and family to acknowledge God as being responsible for their soul. There are times when we hide under the excuse that we do not have money to help our families and friends in need. The money isn’t all that matters. Prayer to God is.
Also read: PRAYER FOR FAMILY – bring the needs of your loved ones to God
- “The approach of the glad Christmas tide always fills the heart with joy and hope, and quickens into sweet activity a thousand loving thoughts for others.” Helen Keller
- A Christmas wish . . . May you never forget what is worth remembering or remember what is best forgotten. Irish Blessing
Irish Quotes and Sayings |
- May God’s mercy and kindness surround you this Christmas and carry you into a blessed new year. Charles Stanely
- “Are you willing to forget what you have done for other people, and to remember what other people have done for you; to ignore what the world owes you, and to think what you owe the world; to put your rights in the background, and your duties in the middle distance, and your chances to do a little more than your duty in the foreground; to see that your fellow-men are just as real as you are, and try to look behind their faces to their hearts, hungry for joy; to own that probably the only good reason for your existence is not what you are going to get out of life, but what you are going to give to life; to close your book of complaints against the management of the universe, and look around you for a place where you can sow a few seeds of happiness–are you willing to do these things even for a day? Then you can keep Christmas. Henry vanDyke, The Spirit of Christmas
Helping Others |
- Let us make this a new birthday of kindness and love that shall endure. That is a Christmas hope, a Christmas wish. Cyrus Townsend Brady, A Little Book for Christmas
- “In this season of hope, let’s help those who need it most – the homeless, the hungry, the sick and shut in. In this season of plenty, let’s reach out to those who struggle to find work or provide for their families. In this season of generosity, let’s give thanks and honor to our troops and our veterans, and their families who’ve sacrificed so much for us. President Barack Obama
- “This is the time of year when we remember that God sent his only son ‘to serve, not to be served’. He restored love and service to the centre of our lives in the person of Jesus Christ. It is my prayer this Christmas Day that his example and teaching will continue to bring people together to give the best of themselves in the service of others.” Queen Elizabeth II
- “Let us not forget that the first Christmas was a homeless one. A humble man and woman had gone up from Galilee out of the City of Nazareth to Bethlehem. There is a sense of desolation in St. Luke’s brief chronicle that Mary ‘brought forth her firstborn son, wrapped Him in swaddling clothes, and laid Him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.'” Harry S. Truman
Inspirational Sayings |
- Dad I don’t tell you enough how love you are. You are always there no matter what. Thank you my Father for being the one who loves me and cares no matter what the day. So at this time of year let me especially say, I love you and thank you for always being there.
- When I think of Santa I think of you – jolly, happy, and giving all the year thru. So my hope this Christmas for you my Dad is that it is one that will make you glad.
- Dad the pressures and cares of everyday life are with you through out the year. But this Christmas season I hope you experience the gifts of peace, love and happiness from those who love you dear.
- Cooking and cleaning but always having time to spend with us, how you do it amazes me. During this season our hope for you is that you have time to spend just on you.
- Your love is felt by all you do. My Mom you are special and I hope you know I care. I thank you and am grateful I have a Mother like you. So this Christmas time may God bless you.
- Mom, you filled our childhood with the magic of Christmas every year. May the magic and blessings of Christmas be yours this year. I love you.
- My sister, my friend, what would I do
If you were not in my life I would be so blue.
My message is for happiness and contentment for you
I love you my Sis remember that too.
- Sisters are special people in our lives. And, so often we take them for granted. So my dear Sister let me tell you so, a special person you are and my love that will always grow. Thank you for being my sister, my friend, a Merry Christmas message I do send!
- Christmas time is a time of giving. And you my sister give all year long through your love, your kind deeds, and your willingness to help others. This Christmas my wish is that you receive all that you give and have a joyous and peaceful Christmas.
- My dear brother, as they say: “you were first a brother, then a bother, now a friend.” May this Christmas bring you all you wish for and more!
- Little boys and lots of toys. Snakes and ladders, you make so much clatter. May this season bring that a special thing that will make you happy and we will hear you sing.
At this time of year I pray for God’s blessings for you my dear brother. May you find a special peace at this joyous time of year.
- Just want you to know I love you my Grandma. My longing for you this Christmas is that the light that shone so bright on that first Christmas Eve, will shine on you and bless you.
- My Nana, my friend. My Nana, my second Mom. My Nana who I love, who is sweet like a dove. May this Christmas be one where you will be surrounded by those you love and may grace and happiness shine on you from above.
- Grandmother you taught me the true meaning of Christmas – Chirst was born; and the colors of Christmas are a reminder of His love for us when he died upon the cross. Red the color of His blood and green the color of the tree. May this Christmas be one that is special to you because you are special to me.
Christmas Messages for Grandfathers
- A saying that is true, a saying for you: “you put the grand in Grandfather” applies to you. My Gramps you are special, I love you so much. You are my special teddy bear, I will love you forever I swear!
- You play with me, you love me, you take care of me, and always watch out for me. When I am sad, you make me glad. When I am blue, you tell me, “I love you.” Thanks Grandfather for being that person on my life who I can always rely on, no matter what. Merry Christmas to you, I hope you know you are loved a lot.
- Gratitude, appreciation and the feeling of being blessed are thoughts that come to mind when I think of you. Merry Christmas to the best Grandfather in the world.
- A husband you have been
A friend to the end.
I love you my dear
That should be clear
A very Merry Christmas
And a Happy New Year.
- I thank God for you every day. But on this Christmas day I pray that God blesses you. You are a great husband and I know I have been blessed, because God in heaven sent me the best.
Christmas Messages for the One I Love
- May this Christmas note be like the star that shone so bright long ago
May the brightness of my words be like the sparkle on the snow.
God sent me the best gift when he sent me you.
I love you and everything you do.
So my desire for you is a simple one but true,
a wish for happiness in all that you do.
- Love shines brighter at Christmas it seems. However, when I am with you love shines brilliantly. May you have a Merry Xmas and may you feel my love shining over you each and every day of the year!
- The love we share is the best gift a person could have. A gift that we have not just at Christmas but every day of the year. You my honey-bunch are everything to me, I wouldn’t trade a single thing. So merry, merry Christmas, and may this message bring, A love that is for all seasons and all happy things.
- Different teachers every year, but you are one that we hold dear. Now during this season of love and peace, we hope you are reminded how special you are.
- This Christmas message is one that comes with love for you.
We appreciate all you do.
A Merry Christmas is our wish for you
- You share your knowledge, you share your experience, you share your life with us. We appreciate you, and all you do. You deserve a great Christmas and a very Happy New Year.
- Our prayer is that spirit of giving will last throughout the year not just during this festive season.
- Greetings of the season and may you experience rich memories that linger long after the season is gone.
- My Christmas prayer for you is that you will be blessed. And may your days be filled with peace and happiness.
- Hope you are inspired to be extra good this year, so Santa will find you. Wishing you a jolly Christmas.
- Two thousand years ago, “Joy to the World, the Lord is come!” was said. May those words give you meaning and joy this Christmas season.
- May you find that special inspirational quote that will remind you about the magic and miracles that Christmas always brings.
- A joyous Noel is wished for you this season. Be blessed.
We receive many greetings during this holiday season, but your message of hope, joy, and love, is always special to us at this festive time of year. May you and your family enjoy many memories and lots of laughter and love!
- May every Nativity scene you see this season remind you of the birth of our Lord. Wishing you the peace of Christ this Christmas.
- The angels are singing! May you experience the music of heaven during this special time of year. A very Merry Christmas to you and your family.
- As the light from that star illuminated the sky the night Jesus was born, may his light illuminate your life at this special time of the year.
- May you the same wonderment and belief that children have, fill your heart during this holiday season. Wishing you a child like excitement this season.
- Our hope for you both, as you experience new beginnings in this your first Christmas together, may the bonds of marriage and friendship give you many happy and memorable years together.
- May you have a Christmas filled with dreams come true, wonder, and love.
- Imagine if this season would stay all year, and the love people shows at this time of year, would never disappear. Hope you have a great Xmas.
- With each Xmas card I write, memories of good friends and good times flood my mind. Thank you my friend for being a part of my life.
- It doesn’t matter how we say it – Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday or Joyeux Noël – what matters is that we remember why we say it – the birth of Jesus.
- Christmas comes but once a year, lights and trees and gifts we choose. But we take the time to express our thoughts for a Merry Christmas and hope you get lots. And let us not forget to send you best wishes for a Happy New Year too!
- Christmas Eve is a time of excitement for the children in waiting for Santa to arrive. Our hope for you this Christmas is that once the kids are tucked in their bed you will feel the special feeling that this season brings.
- Seasons greetings and happiness to you and your loved ones. May your home be filled with love and laughter.
- With each Nativity scene I see I am reminded of the miraculous event that occurred many years ago. And the miracles that happen today, may we all have the eyes to see them not only during this season but all year long.