Updated on November 4, 2015
Marriage is a legal institution, but some also regard a marriage as a union formed by God. If you are one who views a wedding as God’s joining of two in holy matrimony, then you may want to acknowledge your beliefs in an anniversary card message.
The following are examples of what you might want to write in an anniversary card for your friends, parents, grandparents, wife, husband, or kids. You can write a quote, a poem, or a Bible verse that applies to the occasion. Also, you can use the table included below to help brainstorm ideas.
Inspirational Bible Verses About Marriage
Using a Bible verse in a card is a classy way to include a Christian message. Write any anniversary message and then include one of these Bible verses.
- “So they are no longer two, but one flesh: Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” —Matthew 19:6
- “There are three things that are too amazing for me, four that I do not understand: the way of an eagle in the sky, the way of a snake on a rock, the way of a ship on the high seas, and the way of a man with a maiden.” —Proverbs 30:18-19
- “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.” —Genesis 2:24
- “However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.” —Ephesians 5:23
Christian Messages for Mom and Dad
- I am still learning lessons from you guys. Your marriage is just one example of how you teach me to love others the way our Lord loves us.
- I am glad that you two have stayed married all this time. God has given me a great example of a Christian marriage.
- May God bless you two as much as I’ve been blessed through both of you.
- With God’s help and your diligence, you were able to survive raising me. Now you get to rest and relax together, and God will help you do that too! Happy Anniversary!
Wishes for Friends
- May the Lord bless you and keep you for many more years to come.
- Through the years, you guys have been more than just an example of what it means to follow a virtuous path. You have been great friends to us. May God bless your marriage with many more years of health, prosperity, and bliss.
- Do you know why I like about communion wafers? They taste better than your wedding cake did. Happy anniversary guys!
Wishes for a Son or Daughter
- God has blessed you with a very special companion for your journey. May this anniversary mark the beginning of another year for God to light your path.
- We are praying that you will both have the wisdom that God promises those who seek it. Continue to grow closer in Him.
- Your marriage has grown our family and continues to be a blessing. We are praying for your relationship to stay strong in the Lord.
Happy Anniversary to Grandparents
- The wisdom that you two have collected over the years about marriage can only be beat by the infinite wisdom of our Lord.
- God created the world in six days, and on the seventh you guys must have gotten married. Happy anniversary Grandma and Grandpa!
- The length of time you have been married is an inspiration to me as a Christian. I know that enduring love is possible through Christ, but you two are a living example of love, forgiveness, grace, and commitment.
- It’s fun to think about how long you guys have been married, and it’s fun to be able to read about it in the Bible.
- When you guys got married, the pastor read the scripture off of a lambskin parchment. God bless you Grandma and Grandpa, and here’s to being our inspiration.
For Your Wife or Husband
- I know heaven is going to be amazing, more amazing than I can imagine. But I think God has given me a taste of heaven here on earth by giving me you.
- God bless you! Bless you for all those times you kept me on the right path. Bless you for the children we’ve had and for our future together. You are a blessing made just for me, a heavenly reward on earth. May we spend many more wonderful years together.
- From the first moment we met until now, divine grace has paved our way. One day we’ll be buried next to each other. I hope we continue our lives together in Heaven when we are reunited.
- Of all of God’s sacraments, I’d say marriage has some of the best perks. Here’s to another year of good times, sweetheart.
- I don’t need 12 disciples to follow me around, and I don’t need to preach from a mountaintop. You are all the companionship I need, and your ear is the only one I need to hear my words. Here’s to another year together in marriage bliss!
- I asked God for a wife who is as beautiful as she is intelligent, as sweet as the wonderful things she bakes in the oven. I asked for a virtuous mother to my children. When I married you on our special day, I knew my prayers had been answered.
- Thank you for all the years of providing for our family and being an example to our children. You are a man of faith. May God continue to bless us with an amazing marriage.
- Yet another year has gone by on this road we’ve taken together. God guides us with His GPS, the kids are in the back seat, and you will always be my copilot.
- Nothing is so beautiful nor brings me as much joy as that miracle God made on the day He made you.
- Only the Lord could give us the grace needed to survive this long. I am ever grateful for Him and for the gift He has given us.
Are Bible Verse’s the Best Thing to Write?The best type of thing to write in a Christian anniversary card is… Brainstorming Chart for an Anniversary Message
Things I like about our relationship
Ways God has blessed us
Difficult things God has gotten us through
Favorite Bible verse
Favorite Quote about Love
Make a table like this one to brainstorm ideas for your own personal message.
Sending a greeting card for a special occasion is a great ministry. I remember when my husband was Pastor of a church in Ohio several years ago there was a very lovely lady who kept great track of special occasions of the congregants, including anniversaries. It was her ministry to send out welcome letters and greeting cards. She would often include a special Bible verse or other Christian quote. Here are 17 Christian quotes that you might want to use in an anniversary card.
“Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.” 1 Corinthians 13:1
“Marriage is the mother of the world. It preserves kingdoms, and fills cities and churches, and heaven itself.” ~ Jeremy Taylor
“There is no more lovely, friendly or charming relationship, communion or company, than a good marriage.” ~ Martin Luther
“For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” ~ Matthew 18:20
“We’ll build a household of faith. That together we can make. And when the strong winds blow it won’t fall down. As one in Him we’ll grow and the whole world will know. We are a household of faith.” ~ Household of Faith (Brent Lamb & John Rosasco)
“Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the Lord.” ~Proverbs 18:22
“As God by creation made two of one, so again by marriage He made one of two.” ~Thomas Adams
“And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.” ~ Genesis 2:23-24
“In marriage do thou be wise: prefer the person before money, virtue before beauty, the mind before the body; then thou hast a wife, a friend, a companion, a second self.” ~ Williams Penn
“And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.” ~ Colossians 3:14
“Oh I wonder what God was thinking when he created you, I wonder if He knew everything I would need. Because He made all my dreams come true. When God made you He must’ve been thinking about me.” ~ When God made you (Newsong)
“I pray you’ll be our eyes, and watch us where we go. And help us to be wise in times when we don’t know. Let this be our prayer, when we lose our way. Lead us to the place, guide us with your grace. To a place where we’ll be safe” ~ The Prayer (David Foster & Carol Bayer Sager)
“As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.” ~ John 15:9
“In marriage, being the right person is as important as finding the right person.” ~ Wilbert Donald Gough
“This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.” ~ Ephesians 5:32-33
“Answered prayer, When your heart touches mine. We’ve found a love only few ever find. Answered prayer. Now that you’re here our love grows richer year after year. And if life should end tomorrow, I’d leave a millionaire. ‘Cause in my heart, I’d take with me a life of answered prayers.” ~ Answered Prayer (Mike Jones and Anthony Little)
“Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the Lord do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.” ~ Ruth 1:16-17
I pray that as you search for just the right quote to put into an anniversary card that you will be a blessing to the recipient. Do you have any favorite Christian quotes that might fit well for an anniversary card? Feel free to share it in the comments below.
Here are some more card quotes for you: 16 Christian Quotes for Birthday Cards
Resource – Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, King James Version
Would you like to get the daily question in your FB messenger? Just click the button below to get started.
Share this post
: | | | |
Christian Anniversary Wishes
Christian Anniversary Messages to Spouse, Boyfriend, or Girlfriend
These anniversary messages are for the couple to give to each other. These have extra significance, because these have significant meaning. Edit one to your taste, and write it in an anniversary card.
- My prayers were answered when I met you.
- I am glad I had the wisdom to ask you to marry me.
- Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. You are exactly what a Christian spouse is meant to be.
- Even if we don’t agree on all the details, it’s nice to share the same values and beliefs with you.
- I still believe God hand-picked you for me. I know that when we do have disagreements, it’s probably God’s way of smoothing out our rough edges and balancing our individual extremes. “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.”
- The Lord continues to bless us with more years together.
- “A cord of three is not easily broken.” God is our third cord. We are all twisted together.
- It’s fun to think about how we were once separate like two beaten paths going through the forest. Then when we got married our paths didn’t just cross, came together and became a permanent paved road we travel together. I’m glad to have you as my traveling companion. Happy anniversary!
- Thank you for praying with and for me through the years we have been married. I know you are not selfish because I know that God and I come first for you. Thank you for prioritizing your love for God so you can love me well. Happy anniversary!
- We’ve been through a lot together, and I know that both of us have had to forgive each other on several occasions. I’m thankful that Jesus has forgiven us so that we can forgive each other on a regular basis.
- You’ve been a trusted friend, passionate lover, wise adviser, and a blessing from God. Thank you for being everything that God knew I needed.
- Happy anniversary! Today we celebrate the gift I was given from God the day that we said our vows to each other. Thank you for your love, commitment, and sacrifices.
- Good thing I wasn’t the one who designed you for me. I would have messed you up. I wouldn’t have been able to make you so perfect for me.
- Our time together is nothing when contrasted with God’s infinite existence. I do appreciate the times we’ve had. It has gone by fast!
Religious Anniversary Messages to the Couple
These messages are meant to acknowledge a Christian relationship and inspire the couple to continue to live a fruitful and loving relationship with each other.
- It’s evident that God’s love and grace are a large part of your lives together. Your example is a source of inspiration and encouragement to those around you. Have a wonderful anniversary!
- God has blessed you two with many things because you have been faithful and trusting of Him.
- You two are both an example of the type of love Jesus wants us all to demonstrate with each other. Keep your thriving love as a great example to the world. We wish you many years to come filled with God’s blessings and grace.
- You two are one of the coolest Christian couples that we know. Whether you know it or not, we have been looking up to you. Thanks for setting a good example.
- Congratulations on your anniversary of the day God joined you together for life. “Let no man separate what God as joined.”
- I would try to give you two some advice about how to live a good Christian marriage, but it seems that you already demonstrate a good understanding. Congratulations to both of you, and have a happy anniversary!