Sometimes we have dark periods in our life, when we feel totally lost. We feel that we are sinners and even can’t dream about asking God for His mercy. But our God is merciful and loving and one of the biggest sins is to hesitate and deny His mercy. We can’t hesitate in Divine mercy even in situations when we have committed a mortal sin. God mercy is boundless. We need to say divine mercy prayer with the deep faith in our hearts and ask “Lord, have forgiveness and mercy on me!” And we will receive His mercy and forgiveness answer, also peace to our hearts.
Divine Mercy Prayer
Oh God of all mercy, I pray you today for mercy over my life, family, ministry, career. I walk with you, let your sure mercy surround me. Do not leave me to myself, Lord let your mercy frees me out of every tight situation. Lord, have mercy on me a sinner. In Jesus name, Amen.
Bible says in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him”. So we don’t need to hesitate on God’s intentions regarding us. He gave to us the biggest gift – His Son to save us from death and to give us eternal life. We need to recognize that we are only weak people, who can’t stay on the right way without the help and support of God. We never deserve God’s mercy as our nature is sinful, but we must never stop believing and praying divine mercy prayer.
Why we Need to Pray “Lord, have Forgiveness and Mercy on Me”?
Divine mercy prayer is a prayer that every believer should pray since we are not perfect beings and need for God’s support and mercy in any situation.
“Oh satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days” (Psalm 90: 14).
God mercy is crucial to our salvation as Ephesians 2:4-6 say “But God who is rich in mercy, for his great love, wherewith he loved us….”. So the divine mercy and forgiveness are an essential part of our walk with God, we can’t rely only on ourselves and our efforts.
Believing in God’s mercy and asking for it is the only way to reach the eternal life. We must to live according God’s will. Jude 1:21 says, “Keep yourself in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ into eternal life”. You’d love to daily pray for mercy as a believer.
There are a number of circumstances where we need the divine mercy prayer
One of such occasions is when we sin against God. Bible says, if we cover our sins, we shall not prosper. By confessing our sins and saying prayer for mercy forgiveness comes. As much as sin is not a lifestyle for the believer, but the Bible says “if” we sin, there is a place for mercy, (not because we deserve forgiveness, but because He is all merciful and that we may fear Him). Psalm 130:4 says, “But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared”.
David in Psalms 51:1 prayed (after committing the sin of adultery and murder) “Have mercy upon me, o God according to thy loving kindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions”.
Also, we say the divine mercy prayer during challenging times. At such times when even our good works cannot save us, we cry for mercy. “The troubles of my heart are enlarged; bring me out of my distresses” (Psalms 25:17).
David prayed for God’s mercy several times when he was afflicted and troubled by king Saul, and the above psalm was one of such times, and in all of these hard times, the Lord God showed him mercy and bailed him out.
Daily prayer points for mercy and forgiveness
- Prayer to God for forgiveness of sins
- Pray for forgiving others
- Prayer to forgive for yourself
Noteworthy is the fact that the prayer of divine mercy is a prayer for the “weak” and not the “strong”. We know fully well that outside of God, we are just nothing, there are no strong people, His strength is perfect in our weakness. For folks who are not ‘all-powerful’, (nobody is all-powerful but God) we have learned how to draw strength from God always. “Have mercy upon me O LORD, for I am weak; O Lord, heal me, for my bones are vexed” (Psalms 6:2).
So ask God for mercy daily, knowing well that each day you live is just gift by His mercy. Lamentations 3:22 says, ”It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed…” There are no achievers in the kingdom, we are all receivers. A cry for mercy God will not deny.
Also read: GOD HELP ME! Dealing with Hopeless Situations
1. Oh Lord of mercy: By your mercy hearken to my voice and give me testimonies, in the name of Jesus.
2. Oh Lord,by your mercy, my ladder of greatness shall not break, in the name of Jesus.
3. Anything planted in my life scaring my helpers away: Be destroyed by fire, in the name of Jesus.
4. My prayer altar receive fresh fire, in the name of Jesus.
5. Every evil cage that has refused to let me go: be destroyed by fire, in the name of Jesus.
6. Every satanic violence set up against the mercy of God for my life: Scatter by fire, in the name of Jesus.
7. Every power robbing me of the mercy and favor of God: Your time is over release me and die, in the name of Jesus.
8. By the mercy of God: I decree that the hand of the enemy shall not prevail over my life, in the name of Jesus.
9. You wicked power delaying the manifestation of my divine mercy: be destroyed in the name of Jesus.
10. Every enemy of my progress within and without: I’ve obtained the mercy of God therefore: die in shame in the name of Jesus.
11.By the mercy of God: I receive supernatural breakthroughs, in the name of Jesus.
12. Any wicked power delegated to waste my destiny, be wasted by fire, in the name of Jesus.
13 Wherever the enemy has knocked me down: Mercy of God lift me up and restore me, in the name of Jesus.
14. Every arrow of wickedness preventing my rain of mercy: Be destroyed by fire, in the name of Jesus.
15. If ‘am behind my heavenly ordained destiny: Mercy of God move me forward to where ‘am suppose to be, in the name of Jesus.
16. By the mercy of God I shall not fish in the Dead Sea, in the name of Jesus.
17. By the mercy of God: Let there be a way for me in the wilderness, in the name of Jesus.
18. By the mercy of god let every valley in my life bring forth water, in the name of Jesus.
19. By the mercy of God: I shall not build for another to inhabit, in the name of Jesus.
20.By the mercy of God: I shall not labor for another to enjoy, in the name of Jesus.
21. by the mercy of God: I shall not plant for another to harvest, in the name of Jesus.
22. By the mercy of God: I shall not be unseated from my place of blessing/fulfillment, in the name of Jesus.
23. by the mercy of God: I shall not be a negative example in the house of God, in my family, in my community to the nation at large, in the name of Jesus.
25. by the mercy of God: I shall obtain uncommon favor in the name of Jesus.
27. by the mercy of God I shall not see disgrace, I shall not see shame, and I shall not see disappointment, in the name of Jesus.
27. By the mercy of God: I shall be watered from the garden of the Lord all the days of my life, in the name of Jesus.
28. By the mercy of God: I shall live in abundance and in good health all the days of my life, in the name of Jesus.
29. By the mercy of God: I shall be blessed and highly favored all the days of my life, in the name of Jesus.
30. By the mercy of God: Where others have failed I shall succeed , in the name of Jesus.
by Rookmini (Ny Queens)
My dear lord please forgive me for not acknowledging you sometimes .Please forgive me for being mentally tired to beg for your mercy .Please forgive me for not remaining calm in situations where I should have maintained a lot more control my lord please help me in my sorrow for I am scared to be alive I am scared to face people for I have lost my confidence dear father .please remind me somhow to forgive people when am wrounged when am hurt when I receive criticism even when I am trying to be good there father .please have mercy on my life for I am not a bad person dear father please for give me with all the strength with all the sorrow .with all the anger .with all the lust..With all the lack of self control I have at times.
Please father please forgive me please enlighten my heart so I can have the knowledge to enlighten someone else in need also, from my heart from the heart of my mother an father please have mercy on me