I wrote this prayer with thoughts of our precious daughters. How they are to endure the tough responsibilities as women. And, as children, how we are to mold them through the hands of our Lord Jesus, to be great women of God.
Heavenly Father, thank You for the beautiful gift of our children, and especially our daughter(s) and granddaughter(s). They are so beautiful and bright, so precious in our lives, and wonderful in Your sight.
Psalm 22:10 From birth I was cast upon you, from my mother’s womb You have been my God.
Praying to be great parents
Father, we pray and ask that we be great parents to help them. Guide our steps so we can parent them with courage, grace, wisdom, and selfless love.
Above all, help us to guide and build in them a great love for You, their God that they would abide by Your Holy Word. Help us rejoice in the woman they’re becoming and trust Your vision for them.
Numbers 6: 24 – 26 The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you, the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.
Psalm 139 : 13-14 For You created my inmost being, You knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made, Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Offering up my daughter (and granddaughter) to the Lord
Lord Jesus Christ, we call upon Your blessed name, Lord and offer up our precious daughter(s) and granddaughter(s). As they light up the universe, may they radiate You in everything they become, far and wide over the world.
Lord, we ask You to fill them with Your love, so deep that they crave for the comfort of the presence of the Holy Spirit, over fame and attention of the world.
May they revere You, follow Your guide and Your commandments. May they set the principles of the word of God in their hearts and minds, and fear God in all things.
Blessing my daughter in her studies
As they go through school and their academic achievements, be present daily Lord Jesus, in their hearts and guide their mind.
Help them focus on their studies and let go of all other influences that lead them towards the ways of the world.
May they, in every way, take their academic achievements seriously and be good and useful daughters towards home, society and country.
Joshua 1:9 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
Protect my daughter from the flesh
Help them, Lord Jesus, in an ever-changing world. This world is so filled with all kinds of dangers and impurities, lust and lewdness of flesh.
In their growing age, help them to respect their own bodies as the temple of the Holy Spirit.
Help them to recognize the voice of evil and conquer it with strength, courage, truth and obedience to You, Lord, and us as their loved ones.
Surround them with godly friends. When they are weak, let their friends be strong and build them up.
Protect them with Your angels, safeguard them and help them discern right from wrong, good versus evil. Let them stand on Your spiritual shoulders and bravely serve Your purpose in all their endeavors.
Give my daughter strength to withstand
Lord Jesus, in their growing needs in academics, career, dating, relationships, and other matters, make Your plan apparent to them.
Give them a tender heart and a thick skin to withstand and stay resilient to the world’s negativity, criticism, and judgement, yet never lose their love and hope for mankind.
Help them hear and heed Your call for them. Fill them with Your wisdom, truth, and light so their choices honor You, Lord.
If there comes a time they mess up, when they fall, when they feel helpless or discouraged, restore them with Your grace.
Let Your presence, Lord Jesus, be unmistakable. Help them embrace their weaknesses as opportunities for You to shine and bring You glory and praise.
Jeremiah 31: 3 I have loved you with an everlasting love, I have drawn you with loving kindness.
Bless our relationship with them
Lord, we love You above all. Thank You for Your everlasting love. We love our daughter(s), granddaughter(s) with all our hearts, mind, and soul, with an everlasting love too. We would lay down our lives for them anytime, anyplace.
Please bless our relationship and keep our connection strong.
One day, when we’re past the trials of childhood, adolescence and adulthood, we pray that we’ll joyfully call ourselves the best of friends.
We pray we raise daughter(s) to bring glory to God, in Your blessed name, Lord Jesus, Amen!
You Raise Me Up
(Insert your granddaughter’s name)
Dear Heavenly Father, I pray ______________will not be concerned about the outward beauty that depends on fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. But that she will clothe herself with the beauty of a teachable, gentle spirit, displaying pure, and godly behavior, for this is precious in Your sight.
I pray ________ will have a balanced view of beauty and charm, clothing herself with attractive and modest apparel, radiating the countenance of a godly young woman, choosing to dress in a way that pleases You.
I pray _______ will clothe herself with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience, making allowances for the faults of others and forgiving those who offend her. But the most important virtue is love. Let the peace that comes from Christ rule in _______’s heart.
I pray the words of Christ will live in _______’s heart and make her wise, so whatever she says or does will be pleasing to God. Moreover, I pray _______ will grow up to be a godly woman, loving You and serving You all the days of her life.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Adapted from I Peter 3:3, 4 and Colossians 3:12–17
By Lillian Penner
Lillian is the National Prayer Coordinator for Christian Grandparenting Network for many years. She is a speaker, blogger and authored Grandparenting with a Purpose: Effective Ways to Pray for your Grandchildren. She and her husband have 3 sons, 9 grandchildren and 2 greats.
No one could argue that there is a special bond between grandparents and their beloved granddaughter. Grandchildren are the future, the priceless legacy left by grandparents to make this world a better place. They are the ones who make you feel young and careless again. Of course, you want your little princess to have the happiest of birthdays, don’t you?
We all know how girls love celebrating their B-Days. It happens that they appreciate a birthday card written sincerely and with love more than any expensive gift. When it comes to grandpa and grandma, there’s no such present in the whole universe that could replace their warm sentiments and hugs on the grandchild’s birthday.
Granddaughters are kind, smart, beautiful, funny and friendly. It is all of these and even more. So, if you are lucky to have a young lady who is dear to your heart and her birthday is coming soon, don’t waste another minute. Take a look at our collection of the best free granddaughter birthday cards and granddaughter birthday poems.
You’ve been looking for the kind words to say your granddaughter on her birthday here and there but couldn’t find the one that suits your feelings towards her? Well, search no more because we’ve rounded up the best birthday greetings for granddaughter for any taste.
Do you want to send her a Christian birthday message or a letter? You are just at the right time and place. We’ve got some nice Christian birthday greetings for granddaughter to choose from.
As well as that you will find a great number of funny granddaughter birthday verses and quotes to wish your pretty lady happy 16th or 18th birthday. Continue reading the article, we guarantee that you will find the desirable birthday wish for granddaughter!
Touching Birthday Wishes for Granddaughter
- My hugs and kisses will always be bigger and warmer than all the stuffed toys you will ever have. Happy birthday!
- As you celebrate this milestone of your life, may all your days be filled with the peace and joy you bring into my heart on a daily basis. Happy birthday
- The look on your parents face when they have you is something I will never forget. Happy birthday my granddaughter. You are more than a blessing.
- Since the moment I laid eyes on you, I knew that I would be forever grateful for you, Granddaughter. Today we celebrate the gift of YOU – Happy Birthday!
Amazing Happy Birthday to my Granddaughter Quotes
- Your innocent love heals our heart. Your cuteness drives headaches away. Your sweet voice cures out pains. With a granddaughter like you, we’ll never need a doctor. Happy birthday!
- Just do your best I am at your back for your support. Have a wonderful birthday my sweet granddaughter!
- The world was instantly improved the day you were born. Our lives took on more sunshine and more meaning. Today, on your birthday, we thank you for sweetening our lives, Granddaughter.
- The warmest birthday wishes to the sunshine of my life! May your special day be as sweet and lovely as you, my cutie pie!
Bright and Colorful Birthday Cards for Granddaughter
Thoughtful Christian Birthday Greetings for Granddaughter
- You are a little fairy sent down to us through the magic of God. Love you for everything. Happy Birthday, granddaughter!
- When you have the best granddaughter in the world, it is greedy to ask for more from God. Happy birthday, my dearest granddaughter. May happiness always be present in your life.
- There is always a lot of pride in every thought of you, And on this day, I want to wish you warmest wishes and a special prayer that God will always bless you and keep you safe. Happy birthday, princess!
- When God looked at the world he created, he said “I think we’re missing one perfect Granddaughter.” That’s when you were given to us. We have praised Him ever since.
Impressive Birthday Images for Granddaughter
Funny Granddaughter Birthday Wishes and Verses
- I look at you every day and there’s no doubt in my mind that you get your awesomeness from me, your awesome grandmother/grandfather. Enjoy your birthday!
- I forgave your parents all their sins the moment they brought someone as adorable as you into this world. Happy birthday!
- Your face is a perfect mix of your parents, but your qualities are a perfect mix of your grandparents. Happy birthday.
- May all your birthday wishes come true — except for the illegal ones! Happy Birthday, Granddaughter!
Beautiful Rhyming Birthday Poems for Granddaughter
Such A Special Granddaughter
A little girl as sweet as you,
Deserves a special treat,
Especially on her birthday,
To make her day complete,
May your day be full of giggles,
Birthday cake and more,
For you’re such a special granddaughter,
Who we love and do adore.
Birthday Wishes With Love
Your Birthday time
is here again, and it
brings a wish for you ..
For love and joy and
happiness, to last
the whole year through.
Your parents have done quite a few
amazing things in their lives …
… BUT from our perspective
the best they did, was to give us
a wonderful Granddaughter like you.
Granddaughter You Are Special!
Granddaughter you are special,
With your fun and loving ways,
You always bring much joy to us,
Every single day,
We burst with pride and joy,
As we watch you bloom and grow,
We have so much love for you,
And want to tell you so,
Now as it is your birthday,
We wouldn’t want to miss,
The chance to wish you all the best,
With lots of happiness.
Heart-warming Birthday Message for Granddaughter
- My grandchild, you have made your family and friends proud by working very hard to reach this day. May all your achievements bring you happiness and may you be successful in everything that you do. Happy birthday dear!
- Granddaughters are meant to fill empty boxes in the crossword of life. Happy birthday.
- Never hide your sparkling eyes, bright smile and glowing face from the world. Otherwise nobody will get a chance to see your light shine so brilliantly. Happy birthday to the light of my everyday life.
- My grandchild, it has been a joy since you were born, to watch you grow each and every day, to share in all of your accomplishments and see the love you show. I am wrapping my gift with these birthday wishes for my sweetest granddaughter!
Sweet Happy Birthday Wishes to my Beautiful Granddaughter
- I am so grateful for all the joy, love and wonderful surprises that you bring into my life, my dear. Wishing you a fantastic birthday with lots of happy and unforgettable moments!
- How can such strength, intelligence and energy be wrapped up in one soft beautiful birthday package? That’s just you, Granddaughter!
- It’s unbelievable how much you’ve changed over the years Granddaughter. On this birthday, you’re even more beautiful than ever!
- You are the beautiful flower of my garden that holds my heart. Have a wonderful birthday my sweet granddaughter.
Interesting Happy 18th Birthday Sayings for Granddaughter
- This is just a beginning on fun, good friends, meeting new people, parties, and having the best of everything in life. Happy 18th birthday!
- You have stepped into the phase of adulthood – hope the new phase of your life bring joys and laughter for you. Happy 18th birthday, my granddaughter!
- Happy 18th birthday, my precious one. As you legally become an adult today, I hope that your adulthood be full of color, love, and happiness. I will always love you.
Great Quotes to Wish Your Granddaughter Happy 16th Birthday
- I will forever be thankful to my lucky stars for having you as a grandchild. You bring happiness into my world by merely being in it. Happy 16th birthday!
- Wishing my wonderful granddaughter, a happy 16th birthday! You have always made me proud and happy, and I know that you’re a teenager now but nothing will ever change between us.
- I hope you realize that today is the beginning of the rest of your life? Never get disappointed when things don’t go as expected. Always remain strong and never stop believing in yourself. I love you so much. Happy 16th birthday!